• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats load "subpoena cannon" with 85+ Trump targets

Well we'll see what you have to say when Trump lies under oath.

He shouldn't be put under oath.

Hillary wasn't when she was "interviewed" by the FBI during the whole email debacle. Nor was she recorded on audio or video. Trump should demand the same thing.

Rest easy, I don't think you'll be subpoenaed.

It's good that you have a sense of humor. You'll need it in the coming two years.

I can only hope that they loaded the “cannon” with something other than blanks!

Recent history doesn’t reflect well........

Hillary wasn't when she was "interviewed" by the FBI during the whole email debacle. Nor was she recorded on audio or video. Trump should demand the same thing.

Hillary was put under oath for over 11 hours while being questioned by the GOP. What are you talking about?

It's good that you have a sense of humor. You'll need it in the coming two years.
Too bad you guys had none for the last two, and it's not looking good for the next two. Gonna be some long discussions over the exact scope of "Congressional Oversite".

Really? Intelligent people know that you don't lie to the FBI. Seems 45 and his cabal don't.

Dems are self immolating with radical factions that they can't control. I think Kavanaugh was just a taste of what's to come.

Funny you should mention Brett...Kavanaugh is going to be the object of another House investigation with full testimony by all his accusers who want to come forward. There will also be a subpoena to the FBI for particulars about what limitations the Whitehouse put on their investigation during the confirmation hearings. It all should be very interesting and may lead to Brett's impeachment in 2020 when Dems take the Senate. Did you know SC Justices can be impeached?

Funny you should mention Brett...Kavanaugh is going to be the object of another House investigation with full testimony by all his accusers who want to come forward. There will also be a subpoena to the FBI for particulars about what limitations the Whitehouse put on their investigation during the confirmation hearings. It all should be very interesting and may lead to Brett's impeachment in 2020 when Dems take the Senate.

Oh, goody! I hope his accusers give sworn testimony so when they lie AGAIN they can be charged with federal crimes!
How many referrals to the FBI so far? 3?

And don't forget the investigation into Feinstein's malfeasance for leaking Dr. Fords identity!

Well we'll see what you have to say when Trump lies under oath.

Shouldn't that be 'if'? Or are we working from a basis of presumed guilt again?

https://www.axios.com/democrats-loa...305-15ae31a7-4954-4e3a-bf3e-fc836be149ea.html

House Democrats plan to probe every aspect of President Trump’s life and work, from family business dealings to the Space Force to his tax returns to possible "leverage" by Russia, top Democrats tell us.

What they're saying: One senior Democratic source said the new majority, which takes power in January, is preparing a "subpoena cannon," like an arena T-shirt cannon.
======================================
I hope they don't take this too far & risk screwing up the 2020 election.

Got a cite? Otherwise I am pulling the BS card.

They know that but want to act like poor Bill was a victim and got impeached for being a philandering pig.

I think you are being too kind. I think Bill Clinton was a serial rapist and / or serial abuser.

Shouldn't that be 'if'? Or are we working from a basis of presumed guilt again?

Your fear is showing of course. You don't want Trump on the stand because you KNOW he will lie, because that is all Trump does is lie.

Too bad you guys had none for the last two, and it's not looking good for the next two. Gonna be some long discussions over the exact scope of "Congressional Oversite".

Eh, you spelled "over-reach" wrong, there.

Oh, goody! I hope his accusers give sworn testimony so when they lie AGAIN they can be charged with federal crimes!
How many referrals to the FBI so far? 3?

And don't forget the investigation into Feinstein's malfeasance for leaking Dr. Fords identity!

Do you have proof that Feinstein leaked anything? She is innocent until proven guilty. There is also no proof of any lies by Ford or anyone who testified. Again you keep forgetting....innocent until proven guilty. Ironically the only proven liar is Brett. Most Senators believe Ford told the truth and the Republicans felt the incident was not disqualifying. When the entire gamut of Brett's " indiscretions" is brought forward the Dems might disagree and feel that he should be disqualified and impeached. We would not have the option if the founders did not want it used when needed. The other possibilty is that Brett will "behave" on the court in an effort to keep the Dems from digging deeper into his sordid past. We will see soon enough. The point is that it is a whole new ballgame since the mid-terms.

Last edited:
Your fear is showing of course. You don't want Trump on the stand because you KNOW he will lie, because that is all Trump does is lie.

If Trump is on the stand and he lies, that's on him. As much as it was when Bill Clinton lied under oath.

Interesting to note that political rhetoric and hyperbole are considered lying now, when it never was during the previous administration.

It does have a familiar ring to it.

This is their "civility if we win" plan. Scortched earth pandering to their nutty base

Last edited:
This is their "civility if we when" plan. Scortched earth pandering to their nutty base

Indeed. Scorched earth pandering to their leftist extremists.
Some sort of leftist version of 'civility', this firing of the subpoena cannon, and nothing to do with legitimate, commensurate congressional oversight of the executive branch.

Do you have proof that Feinstein leaked anything? She is innocent until proven guilty. There is also no proof of any lies by Ford or anyone who testified. Again you keep forgetting....innocent until proven guilty. Most Senators believe Ford told the truth and the Republicans felt the incident was not disqualifying. When the entire gamut of Brett's " indiscretions" is brought forward the Dems might disagree and feel that he should be disqualified and impeached. We would not have the option if the founders did not want it used when needed.

Aw, well looky at what side NOW insists on due process. How rich.
Feinstein was responsible for that letter, but if you believe her when she did her very brief dais investigation, go right ahead.
I don't believe Dr. Ford. She is a proven liar. The rest of the ridiculous accusations have been dismissed or known to be lies because the accusers admitted to making it all up.

https://www.axios.com/democrats-loa...305-15ae31a7-4954-4e3a-bf3e-fc836be149ea.html

House Democrats plan to probe every aspect of President Trump’s life and work, from family business dealings to the Space Force to his tax returns to possible "leverage" by Russia, top Democrats tell us.

What they're saying: One senior Democratic source said the new majority, which takes power in January, is preparing a "subpoena cannon," like an arena T-shirt cannon.
======================================
I hope they don't take this too far & risk screwing up the 2020 election.

Lets hope they actually do this. So sick of the democrats 'going high when they go low'. Time to go after trump and all the other crooks that have supported, defended and covered up for him.

Back
Top Bottom