• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats load "subpoena cannon" with 85+ Trump targets

So he lied because of his politics? That is a interesting take. I guess it makes some sense when your idol is Trump............

Your fishing trip is based on his politics...

You knew what I meant.

So, Dr. Ford's allegation has been investigated.

What do you IMAGINE will come from your fishing?

Your fishing trip is based on his politics...

You knew what I meant.

So, Dr. Ford's allegation has been investigated.

What do you IMAGINE will come from your fishing?

There is no doubt that his partisan background and his ranting during the hearing is troubling but it is the lying that is disqualifying to me. Who knows what further investigation will show. So far we have barely scratched the surface.

IIRC the drinking age changed... Do you remember every date 40 years ago?

I do know that a teenage drinker like Brett would have that etched into his brain but he decided that lying was easier.

There is no doubt that his partisan background and his ranting during the hearing is troubling but it is the lying that is disqualifying to me. Who knows what further investigation will show. So far we have barely scratched the surface.

And here we have the "Rant card"....

https://www.axios.com/democrats-loa...305-15ae31a7-4954-4e3a-bf3e-fc836be149ea.html

House Democrats plan to probe every aspect of President Trump’s life and work, from family business dealings to the Space Force to his tax returns to possible "leverage" by Russia, top Democrats tell us.

What they're saying: One senior Democratic source said the new majority, which takes power in January, is preparing a "subpoena cannon," like an arena T-shirt cannon.
======================================
I hope they don't take this too far & risk screwing up the 2020 election.

They will. They don't know what they are doing. They still have not yet figured out why Hillary lost and Trump won, so they are doubling down on stupidity thinking maybe that will help.

LOL. You know what you said.

I know exactly what I said, and it had nothing to do with the author of the article.

Sorry, but you have to actually read what people post, before getting your fauxrage up.

OH, HELL NO....

That is not how it works....

Dr. Ford made the allegations. It is her that must prove guilt. It is not Kavanaugh that must prove innocence...

Unless, of course, you want to destroy and discard 2,500 years of Wester legal principals and start from 'presumed guilt' - as all leftists want
(just as long as they get to chose on a person by person basis how they are treated)

I know exactly what I said, and it had nothing to do with the author of the article.

Sorry, but you have to actually read what people post, before getting your fauxrage up.

Yes I did notice that you have a problem with not addressing what was said in posts and just changing the subject instead. What do you think of all the Conservatives who hate Trump and believe he has ruined the brand forever?

Yes I did notice that you have a problem with not addressing what was said in posts and just changing the subject instead. What do you think of all the Conservatives who hate Trump and believe he has ruined the brand forever?

Back to the topic at hand? OK.

The posed question is still how 'firing the subpoena cannon' is considered appropriate and commensurate House oversight of the executive branch, rather than political vengeance and 'destroy Trump at any cost, by any means necessary'?

Fishing for a crime has NEVER been allowed in American jurisprudence. NEVER! Not even by progressive judges, as the tactic works both ways. Very stupid if the dims even attempt this nonsense.

Tim-

Benghazi fished email security.
Whitewater fished lying about a BJ.

Republicans are expert fisherman. Just take your medicine like a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.axios.com/democrats-loa...305-15ae31a7-4954-4e3a-bf3e-fc836be149ea.html

House Democrats plan to probe every aspect of President Trump’s life and work, from family business dealings to the Space Force to his tax returns to possible "leverage" by Russia, top Democrats tell us.

What they're saying: One senior Democratic source said the new majority, which takes power in January, is preparing a "subpoena cannon," like an arena T-shirt cannon.
======================================
I hope they don't take this too far & risk screwing up the 2020 election.

Democrat have nothing good to offer, so they do nothing but bad.

The posed question is still how 'firing the subpoena cannon' is considered appropriate and commensurate House oversight of the executive branch, rather than political vengeance and 'destroy Trump at any cost, by any means necessary'?

Greetings, Erik. :2wave:

"Appropriate House Oversight" seems to mean an open-ended way for things being handled by the House on any given day, but particularly when dealing with the executive branch? Hmmmm. Since Oversight is implied and not specifically spelled out in the Constitution, except for the restrictions against inquiries and investigation of the executive, I wonder how long it might take to learn what is going on in our government now! :shock:

Since when is the rule of law "vengeful"? Trump has nothing to fear if he has broken no laws. You may support a coup that overthrows our republic but most Americans don't and quite a few Republicans don't either. You and Trump have backed yourselves into a corner and there is no way out. It's all but over and you don't even know it? Trump does and it has made him sick. When 16% of Republicans don't want him re-elected he has some serious problems.

He's a ****ing idiot, we all know that.

But the time for firing Mueller has long passed. Rosenstein did a good job of protecting the integrity of the investigation, and now that the Democrats will take back the House, they can conduct their own investigation if worse comes to worst.

To me, it's soap opera and not very good at that. His claims of voter fraud are steeped in ignorance of the system; he doesn't have a clue how anything works, he's shooting blanks and drawing the mirth of the world. He's a bull taking his own china chop everywhere he goes with ever more destructive rhetoric....and the biggest joke?

Your system, the great invention brought forth upon this land is what allowed it to happen and now appears powerless to even slow the about to crash freight train; Pelosi is waving the red flag of subpoena's at a bull that that will use tax payers money in a decades long defense. The truth is, the American people are impatient with their own justice system and the longer it drags out, the less popular it will be.

Let us hope Trump really IS as stupid as he seems and tries to bury the report. It's the new "red line" congress sees...

Since when is the rule of law "vengeful"?

The rule of law isn't and shouldn't be vengeful. Abusing the law to be vengeful is easy enough to do, as we have seen, and are about to see from House Democrats.

What's vengeful is 'firing the subpoena cannon' like a shotgun, each on it's own little fishing expedition with next to nothing substantial to warrant it. Yeah some concocted BS will be gaslighted giving each a false veneer of legitimacy, which won't hold up under scrutiny.

'Firing the subpoena cannon' is the next step in sweeping the corruption, abuse of power, politicization and weaponization against the electorate and political enemies list the previous administration is legitimately guilty of, now that it's pretty clear the Mueller investigation has run out of gas and ability to do so.

Trump has nothing to fear if he has broken no laws.

This from those who are now purporting 'presumption of guilt' and requiring proof of innocence? I wouldn't be reassured in the least.

You may support a coup that overthrows our republic but most Americans don't and quite a few Republicans don't either.

What coup? The only coup I'm seeing is the resistance of a legitimate 2016 election. Thought someone said, actually a great many parroted, 'Anyone Who Doesn’t Accept The Results Of An Election Is A Threat To Democracy'.

Doesn't this apply to the results of the 2016 election as well?

You and Trump have backed yourselves into a corner and there is no way out.

I am not in your imaginary corner. If you think that anyone else is, well, that's your opinion, and little more.

It's all but over and you don't even know it? Trump does and it has made him sick. When 16% of Republicans don't want him re-elected he has some serious problems.

Meh. :shrug:

Your screed above never bothered to answer this question. I'm thinking it's because you don't have an answer.

Back
Top Bottom