• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats load "subpoena cannon" with 85+ Trump targets

This is their "civility if we win" plan. Scortched earth pandering to their nutty base

We've had years of the republikkkans playing dirty - remember how they shut down government? How they refused to work with President Obama to help the country out of dubya's recession? And who could forget how dirty they were with President Obama's supreme court nominations. And now the democrats have power back in the House and the republikkkans are sooking.

Get over it snowflakes. The democrats won the House. And finally they have grown some balls and will throw all the dirt back at the rotten crooked republikkkans.

I do too.

The republikkkans spent over $100 million investigating these crap rape allegations and found NOTHING. Ken Starr - a far right conservative grub - admitted that he wanted to nail Clinton for rape and throw him in jail - but admitted there was ZERO evidence of any crime being committed.

But keep peddling this bull****. Lets not forget it is the far right nutjobs that think Hillary Clinton operated a child trafficking ring from a pizza shop. And we all know now who is operating a child trafficking ring;- trump and the republikkkans. Where are the children that were taken away from their parents by ICE? Probably sold off to pedophiles like trump's good friend Jeffrey Epstein.

Aw, well looky at what side NOW insists on due process. How rich.
Feinstein was responsible for that letter, but if you believe her when she did her very brief dais investigation, go right ahead.
I don't believe Dr. Ford. She is a proven liar. The rest of the ridiculous accusations have been dismissed or known to be lies because the accusers admitted to making it all up.

It really doesn't matter what you believe, Brett is the least popular SC Justice in history and he is far from cleared of suspicion of being an abusive drunk besides being a hyper-partisan liar. We really need more info to make a good decision and I hope we get it this time.

Last edited:
If Trump is on the stand and he lies, that's on him. As much as it was when Bill Clinton lied under oath.

Interesting to note that political rhetoric and hyperbole are considered lying now, when it never was during the previous administration.

When did President Obama lie? Compare this to the 5000 lies plus that the orange ***** grabber has made since Putin elected him.

The republikkkans spent over $100 million investigating these crap rape allegations and found NOTHING. Ken Starr - a far right conservative grub - admitted that he wanted to nail Clinton for rape and throw him in jail - but admitted there was ZERO evidence of any crime being committed.

But keep peddling this bull****. Lets not forget it is the far right nutjobs that think Hillary Clinton operated a child trafficking ring from a pizza shop. And we all know now who is operating a child trafficking ring;- trump and the republikkkans. Where are the children that were taken away from their parents by ICE? Probably sold off to pedophiles like trump's good friend Jeffrey Epstein.

You really should familiarize yourself with what Ken Starr was investigating, and it wasn't rape or sexual assault. It was obstruction and lying.
Otherwise, you sound more than a little uninformed.

Americans have very short memories. They ain't screwin' **** up if they quiet down by the summer of '20
The democrats shouldn't quiet down, they need to speak up more.

Combat the lies head on, and such.

It really doesn't matter what you believe, Brett is the least popular SC Justice in history and he is far from cleared of suspicion of being an abusive drunk besides being a hyper-partisan liar. We really need more info to make a good decision and I hope we get it this time.

HA! Oh, so now SCOTUS Justices have popularity ratings? Please. Kavanauagh's "least popular" rating is purely a function of the Democrat's partisan, identity politics and the fact they he is viewed as potentially overturning Roe. As for being a drunk, LOL!!
He drank is college and still likes beer. Call the press!
Obama snorted coke and invented (so he said himself) the TOTAL ABSORPTION TECHNIQUE to get as high as humanly possible off of WEED, when he used to hang with his GANG and put his face to the roof of the car and inhale deeply, because there was pot smoke to be had there.

I have no need to convince you, what I said is flat out truth and others can see that. If you think lying about a blow job under oath is bad, wait to see what happens when Trump get put under oath. Let's see you defend those lies :lamo

I cannot wait to see Trump under fire. He loses control too easily. I see him like a less-in-control version of Col. Nathan R. Jessup. "You can't HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

That's why nobody wanted him to talk to Mueller. They were afraid he'd either implicate himself or perjure himself.

When did President Obama lie? Compare this to the 5000 lies plus that the orange ***** grabber has made since Putin elected him.

Seriously?

'Not a smidgen of corruption'
'Keep your doctor'
'Save you money'
'I never knew until I saw it on the news'
'Not a single scandal'

Come on now. Surely you can remember when Obama publicly made these false statements.

For further reference:

How quickly NY Times forgets Obama's lies and frauds | TheHill
https://thehill.com/.../365393-how-quickly-ny-times-forgets-obamas-lies-and-frauds

Dec 18, 2017 - “Trump's Lies versus Obama's” was the headline in a Sunday Review ... The Times column lists only one Obama falsehood on the Affordable ...

All False statements involving Barack Obama | PolitiFact
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/

Because of Obamacare, "over the last two years, health care premiums have gone up -- it's true -- but they've gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years.".‎Barack Obama: Position on ... · ‎False statements involving ... · ‎Began under the Bush

Opinion | Trump's Lies vs. Obama's - The New York Times
[url]https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/14/.../trump-lies-obama-who-is-worse.htm
...[/URL]
Dec 14, 2017 - After we published a list of President Trump's lies this summer, we heard a common response from his supporters. They said, in effect: Yes, but ...

Obama's biggest whoppers - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/.../obamas-biggest-whoppers/

Jan 19, 2017 - All told, we've fact-checked more than 250 statements by Obama. ... they also landed on our annual list of the biggest Pinocchios of the year.

I don't think the same measure is equally extended to both people in question, when one person's political rhetoric and hyperbole is silently accepted as such, where as the other person's rhetoric and hyperbole is labeled as lies.

Sounds like they already have. They've gone nucking futs. I'm wondering where they're going to get the personnel and resources to do all this stuff.

No, it doesn't sound that way to any rational adult familiar with the unprecedented corruption of the Trump admin and the dereliction of duty of the house GOP in serving as a check againt the executive branch.

Totally understand your need to pretend otherwise, tho'.

Funny you should mention Brett...Kavanaugh is going to be the object of another House investigation with full testimony by all his accusers who want to come forward. There will also be a subpoena to the FBI for particulars about what limitations the Whitehouse put on their investigation during the confirmation hearings. It all should be very interesting and may lead to Brett's impeachment in 2020 when Dems take the Senate. Did you know SC Justices can be impeached?

Oh yes.

giphy.gif

Hillary was put under oath for over 11 hours while being questioned by the GOP. What are you talking about?

Read my post again. I said the FBI interview. No oath was administered and wasn't recorded.

Read my post again. I said the FBI interview. No oath was administered and wasn't recorded.

Being interviewed by the FBI is the legal equivalent of being under oath. Lying to the FBI is a Federal crime.

So I have no problem with Trump speaking to the FBI without being under oath.

Democrats won by staying on their unified message of Health Care and protecting Pre-Existing Conditions. If they don't push a bill to the Senate that does just that in the next 12 months (it doesn't matter if the Senate quashes it; it only matters that the Democratic House created it), then voters will abandon the Democrats in 2020 as quickly as they jumped to them in 2018. Guaran-damn-teed.

That, and only that, should be the first priority of the new House Democratic majority.

Democrats won by staying on their unified message of Health Care and protecting Pre-Existing Conditions. If they don't push a bill to the Senate that does just that in the next 12 months (it doesn't matter if the Senate quashes it; it only matters that the Democratic House created it), then voters will abandon the Democrats in 2020 as quickly as they jumped to them in 2018. Guaran-damn-teed.

That, and only that, should be the first priority of the new House Democratic majority.

And investigations. I see no reason why they can't do both. We want strengthening of healthcare and oversight.

Funny you should mention Brett...Kavanaugh is going to be the object of another House investigation with full testimony by all his accusers who want to come forward.

His accusers....2 liars and a highly questionable.

Ford: Highly Questionable. No witnesses, can't name the date/time/place and no physical evidence.
The 2nd woman: Was debunked within 24 hours and not even the NY Times would touch her "story"
Swetnick: No witnesses, changed her story on national TV days later, has a history of lying

Instant fail. House Democrats would be accused of political hackery and lose most of the political capital they gained after the election.

It all should be very interesting and may lead to Brett's impeachment in 2020 when Dems take the Senate.
Running on that would kill their chances of taking the Senate in 2020 like the confirmation circus in September did this time around.

Your lot didn't get Kavanaugh's scalp. You lost big time. GET OVER IT!

And investigations. I see no reason why they can't do both.

Sure they can do both; but if they aren't working on a bill to protect Health Care as well, they can kiss off 2020. Just sayin'.

Sure they can do both; but if they aren't working on a bill to protect Health Care as well, they can kiss off 2020. Just sayin'.

It would be monumentally stupid of them to be elected on a strong health care platform only for them to literally do nothing for health care. On that we agree.

https://www.axios.com/democrats-loa...305-15ae31a7-4954-4e3a-bf3e-fc836be149ea.html

House Democrats plan to probe every aspect of President Trump’s life and work, from family business dealings to the Space Force to his tax returns to possible "leverage" by Russia, top Democrats tell us.

What they're saying: One senior Democratic source said the new majority, which takes power in January, is preparing a "subpoena cannon," like an arena T-shirt cannon.
======================================
I hope they don't take this too far & risk screwing up the 2020 election.

I would be impressed if they would for once do their job and end this unprecedented hate for Trump. This country needs a congress passing legislation on future infrastructure that will propel this country and its people into a prosperous 21st. century. It is time for the next innovation like the railroad or the highway system not unending hate. The last thing this country needs is a party of opposition and hate coupled with a do nothing party. I guess this a reflection of the people who are also unable to see anything but hate. It looks like the only goal minded leader we have is Trump out of the whole bunch of rotten apples.

And investigations. I see no reason why they can't do both. We want strengthening of healthcare and oversight.

There was this guy named Joe McCarthy. Oversight? or political witch hunts? Democracy or fascism, which shall it be?

Every member of congress was hire to do a job, govern. For investigations we have a justice department.

There was this guy named Joe McCarthy. Oversight? or political witch hunts? Democracy or fascism, which shall it be?

Every member of congress was hire to do a job, govern. For investigations we have a justice department.

Sorry, but oversight of the executive branch is one of Congress's duties. But I can certainly understand why the last two years would give you the mistaken impression that it isn't.

As much as I dislike trump, healthcare should be the first bill they put out over anything with trump except to undermine his attacks on the ACA.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Sorry, but oversight of the executive branch is one of Congress's duties. But I can certainly understand why the last two years would give you the mistaken impression that it isn't.

Congress claims its powers of oversight are by implied powers, not stated in the Constitution. Should the citizens desire otherwise, take it the judiciary, it is quite possible those powers will be denied. The obligation to the citizens is governance. I'm not interested in slapping chains on congress, but if congress continues to fail the people with quality action, no one can guarantee behavior by the populace. Time for you and everyone else wasting valuable governance to take a step back and do their job We are a nation of quiet revolution, by election, however the judicial branch is open to actions by the citizens, and those in Congress may find themselves getting impeached by the will of the people. Being thrown out of office is a two edged sword. Sometimes it is simply admonishment for misbehavior as Joe McCarthy learned,

I am not sorry, a sentiment I leave for the weak.

Being interviewed by the FBI is the legal equivalent of being under oath. Lying to the FBI is a Federal crime.

So I have no problem with Trump speaking to the FBI without being under oath.

This whole oath thing is an outdated formality. There was a time when people truly feared the wrath of God. Those days are gone. Giving false information to anyone in our justice system should be a very serious crime.

Back
Top Bottom