• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Arizona Senate Race

:shock: OMG. I can't believe the venomous hatred. Worst fire in California history; a town of 27,000 completely wiped out; 31 people dead, 228 missing and presumed dead (most burned alive in their cars), 6,700 homes destroyed... and from you, only gloating and schadenfreude. This post is so... vicious and pathetic, one of the most horrible I've read on this forum; I don't even know what to say.

There was nothing hateful or vicious about my post unless now being honest is considered hateful because you have a problem with the truth. Yes this is a terrible tragedy but one that could have avoided such devastation if the boneheads running that state would have taken care of business. It is their incompetence that has fueled these fires. It is their incompetence that has your cities lined with homeless people using the public walkways to defecate creating a real health hazard. It is their incompetence that has allowed the flow of illegal drugs to pour in to your communities. It is their asinine policies that encourages an illegal population explosion. Policies that now allow illegals to vote in local elections. Insanity is what is happening in California and it is putting the citizens health and safety in danger.

There was nothing hateful or vicious about my post unless now being honest is considered hateful because you have a problem with the truth. Yes this is a terrible tragedy but one that could have avoided such devastation if the boneheads running that state would have taken care of business. It is their incompetence that has fueled these fires. It is their incompetence that has your cities lined with homeless people using the public walkways to defecate creating a real health hazard. It is their incompetence that has allowed the flow of illegal drugs to pour in to your communities. It is their asinine policies that encourages an illegal population explosion. Policies that now allow illegals to vote in local elections. Insanity is what is happening in California and it is putting the citizens health and safety in danger.

The truth hurts people. If you state the truth in here you are met with hateful rhetoric and sensitive feelings.

Back on topic.....if she isn't performing her job as well as Trump wants then he should replace her with someone that provides the results he's wanting.

The truth hurts people. If you state the truth in here you are met with hateful rhetoric and sensitive feelings.

Back on topic.....if she isn't performing her job as well as Trump wants then he should replace her with someone that provides the results he's wanting.

That’s not in his power...............yet.

But Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump.....

We're not talking about Trump. We're talking about Sinema. And Sinema is opposed to stiffer penalties for child sex freaks.

I'm sorry, but Trump said the midterms were about him. He's your boy, own him.

Blaming Californians for the fire is every bit as stupid as blaming the midwest for tornados. Yes, you're being hateful, vesper by making up this nonsense and trying to kick Californians while they're down.

I just read this morning that there is chatter that McSally may end up in the Senate after all. Gov. Ducey could choose her to finish out McCain's term. Jon Kyle filled in for a time but is not interested in staying any longer than necessary.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...till-represent-arizona-in-the-senate-n2535824

You are aware, are you not, that the federal government owns and manages 57% of California wild-lands, right? Including the land where the deadly Camp Fire started. The feds own it, the feds manage it, the feds are responsible for it.

As for the rest of the state's wild lands, 40% are tribal or privately owned. Only 3% of California wild-lands are owned and managed by the state itself. Three ****ing percent!

The only thing more astounding than your viciousness, xenophobia and bigotry is your utter and complete ignorance.

You are aware, are you not, that the federal government owns and manages 57% of California wild-lands, right? Including the land where the deadly Camp Fire started. The feds own it, the feds manage it, the feds are responsible for it.

As for the rest of the state's wild lands, 40% are tribal or privately owned. Only 3% of California wild-lands are owned and managed by the state itself. Three ****ing percent!

The only thing more astounding than your viciousness, xenophobia and bigotry is your utter and complete ignorance.

It is no secret these wildlands are tinder boxes during certain times of the year and all it takes is a careless camper or a lightning strike and strong winds until the flames are everywhere. And the overwhelming majority of fires are caused by humans. And what has the state of California been doing for decades? Why it has had a trend of building massive number of homes near flammable wildlands areas. That's what you call stupid. And some more stupid is often they do an inadequate job of removing overgrown dried vegetation surrounding the communities which is more fuel for the fires.

Last year the Department of Interior under the Trump administration gave stream and wildlife control back to the States but that was met with lawsuits. And they wanted to sell Federal lands in California and that too was met with more lawsuits. You would think a state that has built so many communities up against flammable wildlands areas would be interested in purchasing that land so they could clear it around these areas to make them safer for the communities.

So you see I am not the one who suffers from complete ignorance. The people running the show in California take that prize along with the dunderheads that elected them.

Still waiting on the recount, but as I understand they rarely overturn results.

As of just now when I checked the NYTimes website, Scott was up 4,098,098 (50.1%) to Nelson's 4,085,562 (49.9%).
A margin of 12,536 votes.

I'm not sure what you mean by stop the count, it's required by law that they recount.
Broward and Palm Beach were still counting the original count, and Scott went to court to stop it.

Not to mention that squishy RINO Mitt Romney has replaced knee jerk Trump supporter, Orrin Hatch, in Utah.
The GOP managed to hold the Senate, but Trump's support might be a little less reliable.

Romney will be reliable on Judicial picks.

I hope she stays a moderate. We need more moderates.

the lady who "lost" might well be back in the senate-replacing Kyl who was just a place holder

Broward and Palm Beach were still counting the original count, and Scott went to court to stop it.

Ah.

They're trying to stop the recount too, aren't they?

Actually, if using a too fast arbitrary deadline, which it may be, yes they may be.
I read/heard somewhere that the deadline was made years ago when they had millions less voters.

Personally I think the deadline should be tied to the population of the area the recount is required in, to account for changes in that population in future.

I read/heard somewhere that the deadline was made years ago when they had millions less voters.

Personally I think the deadline should be tied to the population of the area the recount is required in, to account for changes in that population in future.
The deadline should reflect the reality of the task. To do any less, is to suppress the democratic process.

Back
Top Bottom