• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Arizona Senate Race

Still waiting on the recount, but as I understand they rarely overturn results.

As of just now when I checked the NYTimes website, Scott was up 4,098,098 (50.1%) to Nelson's 4,085,562 (49.9%).
A margin of 12,536 votes.

I'm not sure what you mean by stop the count, it's required by law that they recount.

No recounting has been stopped. Broward was refusing to comply with any Florida law and outright even defying court orders, refusing to turn over all ballots, refusing to give a count on the total number of ballots, while constantly declaring they found more ballots and then more ballots and more then ballots days after the election and nearly all exclusively for Nelson - while allowing any outside observers.

Frankly, this isn't going to change much. The race was for Flake's seat and he was one of the least reliable GOP senate votes out there. This result will be merely an incremental tilt to the left.
Flake was actually a pretty reliable vote, supporting Trump 84% of the time. Even Trump’s bestest buddy in the Senate, Lindsey Graham doesn’t score much higher at 89.9%. Sinema is in a good position as a moderate Democrat IMO.

Last edited:
Haven't you heard? Trump demanded that the recount stop because of "massive fraud" and that the vote count from election day must be certified!

So, that's that, right? I'm sure he'll be signing an Executive Order shortly, lol! :lol:
Trump can go **** himself, he holds no power in this.

No recounting has been stopped. Broward was refusing to comply with any Florida law and outright even defying court orders, refusing to turn over all ballots, refusing to give a count on the total number of ballots, while constantly declaring they found more ballots and then more ballots and more then ballots days after the election and nearly all exclusively for Nelson - while allowing any outside observers.
Uhh...point me to this information please, it was my understanding that they were doing a machine recount now and had until Thursday to complete it.

Googled this up to try and find out more but thus far I see nothing about recounts being stopped:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...dterm-elections-senate-governor-results-fraud

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/12/politics/2018-election-florida-recount-what-to-watch-for/index.html

Last edited:
Flake was actually a pretty reliable vote, supporting Trump 84% of the time. Even Trump’s bestest buddy in the Senate, Lindsey Graham doesn’t score much higher at 89.9%. Sinema is in a good position as a moderate Democrat IMO.

Not to mention that squishy RINO Mitt Romney has replaced knee jerk Trump supporter, Orrin Hatch, in Utah.
The GOP managed to hold the Senate, but Trump's support might be a little less reliable.

Frankly, this isn't going to change much. The race was for Flake's seat and he was one of the least reliable GOP senate votes out there. This result will be merely an incremental tilt to the left.

Arizona is a real disappointment. Not just now but for decades. I can remember when California was once all Red. But what changed it was illegals to Blue. Arizona is following suit. It is a sad day.

Arizona is a real disappointment. Not just now but for decades. I can remember when California was once all Red. But what changed it was illegals to Blue. Arizona is following suit. It is a sad day.

It's a great day to have a dem in senate from AZ and a loony Trump supporter out on her ass.

Great to see AZ purple.

It's a great day to have a dem in senate from AZ and a loony Trump supporter out on her ass.

Great to see AZ purple.

No it is sad because the illegals, the leftists insisted them into our country now rule in Arizona just like they do in California.. Very sad.

Not to mention that squishy RINO Mitt Romney has replaced knee jerk Trump supporter, Orrin Hatch, in Utah.
The GOP managed to hold the Senate, but Trump's support might be a little less reliable.
Agreed. And don’t be surprised when Romney starts right off seeking the limelight.

Agreed. And don’t be surprised when Romney starts right off seeking the limelight.

I think ROmney has a strong dislike of Trump. And, he is not so power hungry that he'll suck up to Trump to get his support

Was he? I know he was vocally against Trump a lot of the time. But I'm having a hard time recalling a time he voted differently than the majority of Republicans except for an immigration bill and that he's voted against budgets that add to the deficit since he was a congressman. I know he was a yes on Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, every cabinet official, the tax bill, net neutrality repeal, and the Obamacare repeal.

That's just what I remember offhand though so I could easily be missing things he voted differently on.

He just seemed to wrestle with his conscience a little more than the other rascals.

More likely what is changing is the migration of totally legal Americans from other states. But I can see how toeing the Trump line of SAD lying is a comfortable sport.

Thank Pete Wilson and his personal stupidity.

Haven't you heard? Trump demanded that the recount stop because of "massive fraud" and that the vote count from election day must be certified!

So, that's that, right? I'm sure he'll be signing an Executive Order shortly, lol! :lol:

I am hoping Trump follows through with an executive order cutting funds to California because of their feckless handling of stopping fires. Your stated does not clear out brush and dead trees. It does not do basic things to prepare your state for such things. Your state does not take basic measures to protect the people and their property. But that is just a start of what your Istate is doing that is a burden to this country. You got people ****ting in the streets in San Francisco cost the people millions to clean the human **** off the streets and walkways. You have homeless lining the walkways in multiple areas. You have a major drug problem that is costing the state millions in just cleaning up used needles. You have more sanctuary cities than any other siphoning from the U.S. citizens in your state of need funds. Your state is a textbook friggen mess. When you can get control of your own state then maybe your opinion will count. Right now it is a steaming pathetic mess.

I am hoping Trump follows through with an executive order cutting funds to California because of their feckless handling of stopping fires. Your stated does not clear out brush and dead trees. It does not do basic things to prepare your state for such things. Your state does not take basic measures to protect the people and their property. But that is just a start of what your Istate is doing that is a burden to this country. You got people ****ting in the streets in San Francisco cost the people millions to clean the human **** off the streets and walkways. You have homeless lining the walkways in multiple areas. You have a major drug problem that is costing the state millions in just cleaning up used needles. You have more sanctuary cities than any other siphoning from the U.S. citizens in your state of need funds. Your state is a textbook friggen mess. When you can get control of your own state then maybe your opinion will count. Right now it is a steaming pathetic mess.

:shock: OMG. I can't believe the venomous hatred. Worst fire in California history; a town of 27,000 completely wiped out; 31 people dead, 228 missing and presumed dead (most burned alive in their cars), 6,700 homes destroyed... and from you, only gloating and schadenfreude. This post is so... vicious and pathetic, one of the most horrible I've read on this forum; I don't even know what to say.

Hopefully, she can keep her promise on being a moderate. I suspect her extremist background will show itself as a Senator.

Can you provide some details on this extremist background that the radical voters generally found in Arizona (as well as McSally in her campaign) overlooked?

I think ROmney has a strong dislike of Trump. And, he is not so power hungry that he'll suck up to Trump to get his support
Absolutely. Romney’s disdain for Trump is well known and documented. When I said I believe Romney will seek the limelight I meant for himself, self promotion. My mistake, should have been clearer in the last post.

Wow. Seriously? What a horrible way to think. You really have some issues if that is the way you think. I hope you never find yourself in need of assistance from anyone.

Such a bitter, angry and terrible post, you should be ashamed.

Oh, look at you demonizing the latest fake boogeyman that your cult leader has gotten you to irrationally hate.

We voted for Sinema because she did a damned good job in congress and she ran a clean and respectable campaign, versus McSally who ran a nasty negative campaign based on anger and hate.

But Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump.....

We're not talking about Trump. We're talking about Sinema. And Sinema is opposed to stiffer penalties for child sex freaks.

Sounded.like she didn't want the john who picked up an older looking 16 year old to get the child molester bump.

(But I haven't met many 12 year-olds that look 18. A couple though.)

No it is sad because the illegals, the leftists insisted them into our country now rule in Arizona just like they do in California.. Very sad.

God I wish they would seriously go after eemployers so y'all can quit blaming everything those you support do, every outcome you don't like on illegals.

You guys lean on that scapegoat WAY too much.

Which is why your side hasn't done anything to employers in all these years. Hatch tried to get the employer sanctions removed from Reagan's amnesty weeks after it was passed.

Because illegals are very profitable to businesses and conservative politicians.

How about we keep all that money we pay to support red states?

I'm sure we could handle all of our problems then.

And where did you and trump hear about all this "mismanagement" of the forests?

You don't expect us to believe that trump knows something about anything, do you?

No, it's great, because I get to see the absolute comedy gold of you insisting on the above absurdity.

CA is doing great! You'd likely hate it here.

:shock: OMG. I can't believe the venomous hatred. Worst fire in California history; a town of 27,000 completely wiped out; 31 people dead, 228 missing and presumed dead (most burned alive in their cars), 6,700 homes destroyed... and from you, only gloating and schadenfreude. This post is so... vicious and pathetic, one of the most horrible I've read on this forum; I don't even know what to say.

That's because you don't belong to the cult of Trump, don't worship at the altar of Trump and are ignorant of the sacred Trump catechisms.

Repeat after me: "Two legs BAD! Four legs GOOD!"

Back
Top Bottom