• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Delay Justice

I would agree with much of what was posted above....and in fact was relatively happy with the Clinton administration (comparatively speaking), the Democratic party at that time was slightly better in many ways than it is today, much as the Republicans were more willing to work within the constraints of what poer they had. What I see today has little resemblance to eight years ago, and I am dissatisfied with the direction this change has taken.
I do find the Blame Game to be counter productive however....which is my primary point here. While the Republican party seems to have destroyed much of our prosperity as a country, the Democrats are doing very little to fix this situation. This may have something to do with voice in a republican controlled government, but I for one refuse to accept that nothing can be done. If indeed the best candidate to oppose Bush was Mr. Kerry....the democrats deserved to lose the Election....Period.
I hate to admit this....(mostly to myself), but I will likely vote for Hillary in the upcoming presidential election, Barring McCain running. Not because I think she is a great leader...but because I fear having another four years of what we have right now. I am honestly afraid of what that could lead to with the Republican Party controlling all the checks and balances placed in opur system of government.

They are Both Totally Corrupt.....but at the very least, I would hope someone was watching the back door.

tecoyah said:
I would agree with much of what was posted above....and in fact was relatively happy with the Clinton administration (comparatively speaking), the Democratic party at that time was slightly better in many ways than it is today, much as the Republicans were more willing to work within the constraints of what poer they had. What I see today has little resemblance to eight years ago, and I am dissatisfied with the direction this change has taken.
I do find the Blame Game to be counter productive however....which is my primary point here. While the Republican party seems to have destroyed much of our prosperity as a country, the Democrats are doing very little to fix this situation. This may have something to do with voice in a republican controlled government, but I for one refuse to accept that nothing can be done. If indeed the best candidate to oppose Bush was Mr. Kerry....the democrats deserved to lose the Election....Period.
I hate to admit this....(mostly to myself), but I will likely vote for Hillary in the upcoming presidential election, Barring McCain running. Not because I think she is a great leader...but because I fear having another four years of what we have right now. I am honestly afraid of what that could lead to with the Republican Party controlling all the checks and balances placed in opur system of government.

They are Both Totally Corrupt.....but at the very least, I would hope someone was watching the back door.

I agree, we need to boot those gutless wonders running our governmet out of office about every 8 years or so.

Iriemon said:
I agree, we need to boot those gutless wonders running our governmet out of office about every 8 years or so.

wrong that will only bring on more gutless wonders
the elite run the country
the gutless wonders are their pawns

BWG said:
You have still not shown proof that EARLE is having a movie made.

It is not a point of contention, it is widely reported, it is unethical to be making a movie of an ongoing case and it clearly make him bias'd and he should recuse himself.

SouthernDemocrat said:
The only thing that DA has to do is prove his case in a court room and from everything I have read in the mainstream media, he has a pretty damn good case.

Then you should have not problem citing a crediable "mainstream" media source that claims to know Earle has a "pretty damn good case". In fact I've been waiting for you and others to clear cited from the indictment EXACTLY what it is he is suppose to have done. And you are aware are you not that several of the grand jurors have given statements that Earle was trying to browbeat them into to giving him his indictment and that he threw a fit when they did no and that's when he went running to find another one, any one that would give him his indictment. And of course what I cited in the start of this thread, that the grand jury foreman of the first grand jury was clearly predisposed to indict

Is that fair justice?

I do know that Delay routinely has................

Done nothing that Democrats have done in their campaign cash raising methods and certainly no where near what the Clintons have done, but we don't send people to jail or find them guilty of one thing because they did another that we just didn't like very much do we. Or is that YOU idea of fair justice?

A very interesting article on Delay selling access is here:

Which has nothing to do with this.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/sep/29/westars_role_began_probe/?state_regional

aps said:
They just announced on MSNBC that DeLay's attorney has filed a motion accusing Earle of misconduct. He says that Earle browbeated a grand jury into indicting DeLay.

Interesting...........

Yes some of the juror's from the second grand jury, the one the told Earle to take a hike he had no case, have come forward to say the he was desperate and tried to browbeat them and got highly upset with them when they did not return and idictment. And with the film crew rolling on his movie and the papers waiting to pounce he ran to a third that had just been sat and could not possibly have seen all a clear case but then Earle was also under the gun because the statue of limitations is running out.

May be time for the state to step in and reel in this out of control prosecutor.

FACT:

A judge issued a summons for U.S. Congressman Tom DeLay to appear in the 331st District Court in Austin on Oct. 21.

NOT A FACT:

Stinger said:
Well we all know that Earle the prosecutor in the Delay case is having a movie made about his crusade to "get Delay"

cnredd said:
yeah right...

You liked Kerry's new botox look because it made him look sexy and you have an enlarged picture of him on your bedroom ceiling...;)

That's BS and you know it.

The enlarged one was on the wall. Edwards had the ceiling.

BWG said:
FACT:

A judge issued a summons for U.S. Congressman Tom DeLay to appear in the 331st District Court in Austin on Oct. 21.

And?

NOT A FACT:[/quote]

ie the movie. Nope got himself the starring role, highly unethical and very prejudicial.

Back
Top Bottom