• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Delay Justice

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Well we all know that Earle the prosecutor in the Delay case is having a movie made about his crusade to "get Delay".

We all know that Earle has used this ongoing case as a fund raising tool.

We all know that Earle has discussed this ongoing case in public.

We all know that he was in such a rush and so desperate to indict Delay that he made the gross error of indicting him on a statute that wasn't even in effect.

Now a lot of you may not know, because you won't hear it on the main stream media, that when he realized he had indicted Delay for a crime that didn't exist he ran to another Grand Jury, not the one that issued the second indictment that was the third, you see the second told Earle to take a hike and refused to issue an indictment. So he ran to one that had just been convined that day and rushed through another indictment, again failing to list in that indictment exactly what Delay is accused of.

Now we find out that the foreman of the first Grand Jury had already made up his mind that Delay was guilty of something, anything just guilty BEFORE he heard any evidence.

As Austin station KLBJ said in their press release
http://www.590klbj.com/news.php?newsid=5774

THE FOREMAN OF THE TRAVIS COUNTY GRAND JURY THAT INDICTED CONGRESSMAN TOM DELAY SAYS HE FELT THERE WAS ILLEGAL ACTIVITY SURROUNDING DELAY, THE PAC TEXANS FOR A REPUBLICAN MAJORITY AND THE TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS LONG BEFORE HE WAS TAPPED TO SERVE ON THE GRAND JURY. WILLIAM GIBSON TOLD THE NEWSRADIO 590 KLBJ MORNING SHOW HE HIMSELF HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ADS CONCERNING THE TEXAS LEGISLATIVE RACES IN 2002.

What exactly did he say
http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

"All this came out way before I was on the grand jury, these (ads)
were in your paper, in Austin paper, everyone else's paper, they was
flooding the market around here. But those were way before i ever
went on the grand jury and my decision was based upon those, not
what might have happened in the grand jury room."

So much for unbiased blind justice.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The left is in such a hurry to get Delay they are stepping all over theirselves to do it...............This indictment will never go to court and if it does he will be found not guilty.........

Take it to the bank.........
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
I just love seeing the right attack Earle. Just keep it up. Hey, if the charges are dismissed, they are dismissed. The man has been a DA for something like 30 years. No one has been able to provide me with any evidence that Earle is doing this as a vendetta.

Oh, by the way, it's fascinating to see DeLay accusing Earle of being a partisan hack. Please see below:

Seven years ago, the conduct of a Democratic president was being probed by an independent counsel, and the president said he was being persecuted by a partisan zealot whose investigation had repeatedly been discredited. A top Republican leader on the Hill found it shameful that the president was blaming the prosecutor and called for the president's resignation. Now, that same Republican leader's conduct is being probed by a district attorney. And the Republican leader says he is, well, being persecuted by a partisan zealot whose investigation has repeatedly been discredited.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/03/AR2005100301524.html

I love it how things change the minute the tables are turned.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The guy is a partisan hack...........The only people he has ever indicted were Republicans and very Conservative dems..................He even spoke at a democratic fund raiser earlier this year.......

You people on the left that are ready to hang him without a trial will have egg on your face when he is acquitted........
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
The guy is a partisan hack...........The only people he has ever indicted were Republicans and very Conservative dems..................He even spoke at a democratic fund raiser earlier this year.......

You people on the left that are ready to hang him without a trial will have egg on your face when he is acquitted........
Awww. Did Ken Mehlman tell you to say that the 12 democrat public figures that Earle prosecuted are "conservative dems"?

Sooooo, how do you think Earle was able to be re-elected over and over and over again with all his partisan prosecutions?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
Awww. Did Ken Mehlman tell you to say that the 12 democrat public figures that Earle prosecuted are "conservative dems"?

Sooooo, how do you think Earle was able to be re-elected over and over and over again with all his partisan prosecutions?
Thats and easy one Aps.He has been elected in a strongly democratic district........
 

BWG

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
4,373
Reaction score
1,602
Location
South Coast
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Stinger said:
Well we all know that Earle the prosecutor in the Delay case is having a movie made about his crusade to "get Delay".

You have still not shown proof that EARLE is having a movie made.
 

BWG

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
4,373
Reaction score
1,602
Location
South Coast
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
...............This indictment will never go to court .........
I think you are finally right about something. I think it will be plea bargained.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
BWG said:
I think you are finally right about something. I think it will be plea bargained.
Thanks, I think.........:lol:
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
BWG said:
You have still not shown proof that EARLE is having a movie made.
Here you go..I wish you could learn how to search in google...

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200509291814.asp

Coming Soon: The Ronnie Earle Movie
The DeLay prosecutor has let a film crew follow him through the whole case.

http://www.anklebitingpundits.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=20520

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1493826/posts

The DeLay prosecutor has let a film crew follow him through the whole case.

For the last two years, as he pursued the investigation that led to Wednesday's indictment of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, Travis County, Texas prosecutor Ronnie Earle has given a film crew "extraordinary access" to make a motion picture about his work on the case.
 

SouthernDemocrat

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
22,310
Reaction score
13,542
Location
KC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Navy Pride said:
Here you go..I wish you could learn how to search in google...

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200509291814.asp

Coming Soon: The Ronnie Earle Movie
The DeLay prosecutor has let a film crew follow him through the whole case.

http://www.anklebitingpundits.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=20520

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1493826/posts

The DeLay prosecutor has let a film crew follow him through the whole case.

For the last two years, as he pursued the investigation that led to Wednesday's indictment of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, Travis County, Texas prosecutor Ronnie Earle has given a film crew "extraordinary access" to make a motion picture about his work on the case.
I cannot believe that you honestly believe that Delay is an honest man who is good for the country. The man is a thug. His own Republican congress has admonished him for ethics violations numerous times.

If he did nothing wrong, then he has nothing to worry about.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
SouthernDemocrat said:
I cannot believe that you honestly believe that Delay is an honest man who is good for the country. The man is a thug. His own Republican congress has admonished him for ethics violations numerous times.

If he did nothing wrong, then he has nothing to worry about.
Your BIAS is showing SD..What I know about Delay is he is one of the most powerful men in the Congress and has stuck it to the dems many times most recently in picking up 5 seats by redistricting on Texas and the dems have been after him for years.............They don't call him "The Hammer" for nothing.....

So a very partisan Democrat has a very sketchy indictment against him..........If he is guilty of a crime then throw the book at him, but to me this sounds like a little sour grapes on the part of the Dems........

Did you check out the movie this clown is making? Not good for his creditability one would think...........
 

SouthernDemocrat

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
22,310
Reaction score
13,542
Location
KC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Navy Pride said:
Your BIAS is showing SD..What I know about Delay is he is one of the most powerful men in the Congress and has stuck it to the dems many times most recently in picking up 5 seats by redistricting on Texas and the dems have been after him for years.............They don't call him "The Hammer" for nothing.....

So a very partisan Democrat has a very sketchy indictment against him..........If he is guilty of a crime then throw the book at him, but to me this sounds like a little sour grapes on the part of the Dems........

Did you check out the movie this clown is making? Not good for his creditability one would think...........
The only thing that DA has to do is prove his case in a court room and from everything I have read in the mainstream media, he has a pretty damn good case.

I do know that Delay routinely has corporate donors make donations to congressional campaigns they have never heard of just to get a seat at the table on lucrat

A very interesting article on Delay selling access is here:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/sep/29/westars_role_began_probe/?state_regional
The contributions to DeLay involved in Wednesday’s indictment were from several businesses, none of which was Westar.
But last year, in an earlier phase of the investigation, Westar was indicted on a charge of making an illegal contribution to the political action committee Texans for a Republican Majority, which was formed by DeLay, a Houston Republican.
That charge stemmed from a 2002 contribution of $25,000 from Westar and followed revelations that Westar executives at that time sought favor through DeLay of energy legislation that would have benefited the company.
The internal Westar memos outlined a strategy of making campaign contributions “to get a seat at the table” before a powerful congressional conference committee working on an overhaul of the nation’s energy laws.
The Westar memos referred to DeLay, Reps. Joe Barton, R-Texas, and Billy Tauzin, R-La., and Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala. All have denied any wrongdoing or connection between contributions and their work on the energy bill.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/sep/29/westars_role_began_probe/?state_regional
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
SouthernDemocrat & Navy Pride are arguing....

Looks like the forum members win...:cool:
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
Navy Pride said:
Your BIAS is showing SD..What I know about Delay is he is one of the most powerful men in the Congress and has stuck it to the dems many times most recently in picking up 5 seats by redistricting on Texas and the dems have been after him for years.............They don't call him "The Hammer" for nothing.....

So a very partisan Democrat has a very sketchy indictment against him..........If he is guilty of a crime then throw the book at him, but to me this sounds like a little sour grapes on the part of the Dems........

Did you check out the movie this clown is making? Not good for his creditability one would think...........
Earle's making a movie? Look like, according to the site you cite, Mark Birnbaum and Jim Schermbeck are making a movie.
 

BWG

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
4,373
Reaction score
1,602
Location
South Coast
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The resulting film is called The Big Buy, made by Texas filmmakers Mark Birnbaum and Jim Schermbeck.

"We approached him [Earle]

"We've been shooting for about two years."

Schermbeck told National Review Online that the film was an irresistible Texas story. "I've been pretty interested in watching Tom DeLay work," Schermbeck says. "I thought he was a fascinating guy, certainly the most powerful Texan to emerge on the national scene in some time, a kind of Republican Sam Rayburn type, with that kind of mastery of the machinery and the will to do it."

"We're pretty low on everybody's radar," Schermbeck says. "We kind of took a gamble three years ago. We didn't know what was going to happen. We feel like, as documentary filmmakers, we gambled and it paid off."

A documentary film ABOUT Ronnie Earle and Tom DeLay is a lot different than a film MADE BY Ronnie Earle.


Mark Birnbaum's website is HERE
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
SouthernDemocrat said:
The only thing that DA has to do is prove his case in a court room and from everything I have read in the mainstream media, he has a pretty damn good case.

I do know that Delay routinely has corporate donors make donations to congressional campaigns they have never heard of just to get a seat at the table on lucrat

A very interesting article on Delay selling access is here:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/sep/29/westars_role_began_probe/?state_regional


http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/sep/29/westars_role_began_probe/?state_regional
I guess I would have to go back to and old biblical passage when it comes to our politicians........."Let he without sin cast the first stone."

We shall see how this plays out but I hope your not disappointed to badly when the indictment is thrown out and Delay is back in his leaders post.........

Like I said though if he is found guilty then prosecutr him to the full extent of the law.........
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
BWG said:
A documentary film ABOUT Ronnie Earle and Tom DeLay is a lot different than a film MADE BY Ronnie Earle.


Mark Birnbaum's website is HERE
Come on, Earle is the one making the film and the star of it.........Do you really think Delay is involved in the filming?
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
Navy Pride said:
Come on, Earle is the one making the film and the star of it.........Do you really think Delay is involved in the filming?
So I guess, using your logic, Bush must of made Fahrenheit 9-11. I mean he was in it a lot, therefore he must have made it.
 

SouthernDemocrat

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
22,310
Reaction score
13,542
Location
KC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
cnredd said:
SouthernDemocrat & Navy Pride are arguing....

Looks like the forum members win...:cool:
Hey, at least I occassionally take Conservative positions on some issues or admit when my side is obviously wrong. When has NP ever done that?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Pacridge said:
So I guess, using your logic, Bush must of made Fahrenheit 9-11. I mean he was in it a lot, therefore he must have made it.
No not really, you see as you probably saw the film a dozen times and the fat man laughed all the way to the bank, the film was not very positive about the president and that is being nice.....as Earle is the star of this film, the fat man is the star of that one.........
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
SouthernDemocrat said:
Hey, at least I occassionally take Conservative positions on some issues or admit when my side is obviously wrong. When has NP ever done that?
Touche...you got me there SD......I can't think of any liberal values that I espouse too.........Moderate Liberal maybe but not liberals.........

I do have my difference with the President as a hard core Conservative but there was just no way i could vote for you guy Kerry......

Hey since we are doing a confession here, maybe you can enlighten me on th issues you are conservative on..........I am not doubting you as you might be a Moderate...........
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
Navy Pride said:
No not really, you see as you probably saw the film a dozen times and the fat man laughed all the way to the bank, the film was not very positive about the president and that is being nice.....as Earle is the star of this film, the fat man is the star of that one.........
You think I've seen the film a dozen times? More of your logic I see.
 

BWG

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
4,373
Reaction score
1,602
Location
South Coast
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
No not really, you see as you probably saw the film a dozen times and the fat man laughed all the way to the bank, the film was not very positive about the president and that is being nice.....as Earle is the star of this film, the fat man is the star of that one.........

Schermbeck told National Review Online that the film was an irresistible Texas story. "I've been pretty interested in watching Tom DeLay work," Schermbeck says. "I thought he was a fascinating guy, certainly the most powerful Texan to emerge on the national scene in some time, a kind of Republican Sam Rayburn type, with that kind of mastery of the machinery and the will to do it."
Hmmm, it seems as though DeLay might be the star of this film. Maybe Delay is making this documentary......LOL :lol:
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Pacridge said:
You think I've seen the film a dozen times? More of your logic I see.
I don't know how many times you have seen it.maybe I miss spoke on that if so I apologize.........It just wehn people yout his work I assume they are big fans.......

You know he called his film a documentary which means its suppose to be factual and non biased sources have found 59 lies in it...........
 
Top Bottom