• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Delay Justice

Navy Pride said:
Touche...you got me there SD......I can't think of any liberal values that I espouse too.........Moderate Liberal maybe but not liberals.........

I do have my difference with the President as a hard core Conservative but there was just no way i could vote for you guy Kerry......

Hey since we are doing a confession here, maybe you can enlighten me on th issues you are conservative on..........I am not doubting you as you might be a Moderate...........

I am largely fiscally conservative on deficits thats probably more of a moderate view though and sometimes on here I play the devils advocate, a classical conservative on foreign policy, I am a firm believer in the Constitutional right to bear arms, and I have argued on here before that Halliburton has gotten a bad rap.

SouthernDemocrat said:
I am largely fiscally conservative on deficits thats probably more of a moderate view though and sometimes on here I play the devils advocate, a classical conservative on foreign policy, I am a firm believer in the Constitutional right to bear arms, and I have argued on here before that Halliburton has gotten a bad rap.

If I had to classify you I would consider you a moderate overall......Moderate to Conservative on fiscal Issues and moderate to liberal on social issues.....

Do you favor gay marriage? are you pro choice?

I am sorry I really seached my soul and I can't fine one issue I am Liberal on but I would definitely vote for the right moderate like say a Guiliani.....

Oh and I agree with you on Haliburton.........They also got all the major contracts during the Clinton admin.......The fact is that they are the only company that can do these big contracts but those on your side of the aisle in the congress would never admit that...........

The thing about Washington, and Delay is, once you lose power, you never get it back.

Even if Delay is cleared of all charges, his days as 'the hammer' for the republican party are over.

His 'friends' are salivating at the thought of taking over the reins.

Hoot said:
The thing about Washington, and Delay is, once you lose power, you never get it back.

Even if Delay is cleared of all charges, his days as 'the hammer' for the republican party are over.

His 'friends' are salivating at the thought of taking over the reins.

Don't bet your house on that Hoot.......

Navy Pride said:
If I had to classify you I would consider you a moderate overall......Moderate to Conservative on fiscal Issues and moderate to liberal on social issues.....

Do you favor gay marriage? are you pro choice?

I am sorry I really seached my soul and I can't fine one issue I am Liberal on but I would definitely vote for the right moderate like say a Guiliani.....

Oh and I agree with you on Haliburton.........They also got all the major contracts during the Clinton admin.......The fact is that they are the only company that can do these big contracts but those on your side of the aisle in the congress would never admit that...........

I a huge civil libertarian. Therefore, I am in favor of either allowing same sex couples to marry or in the very least allowing them to enter into civil unions.

I am largely indifferent to the abortion debate, I don't have strong feelings on it either way. I guess that makes me pro-choice.

SouthernDemocrat said:
I a huge civil libertarian. Therefore, I am in favor of either allowing same sex couples to marry or in the very least allowing them to enter into civil unions.

I am largely indifferent to the abortion debate, I don't have strong feelings on it either way. I guess that makes me pro-choice.

I suspect that is a Liberal's position on those 2 issues except they want gay marriage..........Gays could have probably already gooten Civil Unions if they would accept that............

I guess me saying I am for Civil Unions makes me a Moderate on that issue as true Conservatives are against Civil Unions too....

Navy Pride said:

Guiliani is a moderate?

Since when?

I am of the opinion that Mr. Delay is quite corrupted, and likely( from the information I have been able to digest) guilty of funneling these funds. Regardless, he is not alone in his unethical behavior, it seems he just walked the line one too mant times. His career is over at this point, whether he is found guilty or not.....so in some ways this entire situation is null. In other ways it is not, in that his fall from grace may send a message to others that changes need to be made, and if by chance Rove falls as well we may actually see improvement. Well....one can hope anyway.

Middleground said:
Guiliani is a moderate?

Since when?

Ah he is a fiscal Conservative but when it come to Social issues he is a moderate.........Pro Gay Rights, Pro choice......What do you think?

tecoyah said:
I am of the opinion that Mr. Delay is quite corrupted, and likely( from the information I have been able to digest) guilty of funneling these funds. Regardless, he is not alone in his unethical behavior, it seems he just walked the line one too mant times. His career is over at this point, whether he is found guilty or not.....so in some ways this entire situation is null. In other ways it is not, in that his fall from grace may send a message to others that changes need to be made, and if by chance Rove falls as well we may actually see improvement. Well....one can hope anyway.

Do you believe Mr Delay deserves a fair trial before he is lynched by the left?

Navy Pride said:
Do you believe Mr Delay deserves a fair trial before he is lynched by the left?

Of course I do....and I am not thrilled with any "Trial by Media". Unfortunately, it seems that many in power have a way of.....avoiding prosecution until public attention becomes a liability. In this way I see the Media doing a service to the country. Wether I like watching this happen or not is beside the point, It may be the only means available to get the Boys Club to clean up its act.

As far as a lynching:

lynch Audio pronunciation of "lynching" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lnch)
tr.v. lynched, lynch·ing, lynch·es

To execute without due process of law, especially to hang, as by a mob.

I believe they are avoiding that by indicting him. The use of inflamitory statements does little to further debate.

tecoyah said:
Of course I do....and I am not thrilled with any "Trial by Media". Unfortunately, it seems that many in power have a way of.....avoiding prosecution until public attention becomes a liability. In this way I see the Media doing a service to the country. Wether I like watching this happen or not is beside the point, It may be the only means available to get the Boys Club to clean up its act.

As far as a lynching:

lynch Audio pronunciation of "lynching" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lnch)
tr.v. lynched, lynch·ing, lynch·es

To execute without due process of law, especially to hang, as by a mob.

I believe they are avoiding that by indicting him. The use of inflamitory statements does little to further debate.

Well a lot of people on your side of the issue have him tried and convicted and are ready to hang him............Read the damn thread if you don't believe me..........I am glad you are at least not one of them......

Navy Pride said:
Well a lot of people on your side of the issue have him tried and convicted and are ready to hang him............Read the damn thread if you don't believe me..........I am glad you are at least not one of them......

I did not know I had a side...

They just announced on MSNBC that DeLay's attorney has filed a motion accusing Earle of misconduct. He says that Earle browbeated a grand jury into indicting DeLay.

Interesting...........

aps said:
They just announced on MSNBC that DeLay's attorney has filed a motion accusing Earle of misconduct. He says that Earle browbeated a grand jury into indicting DeLay.

Interesting...........

Stay tuned.....As Yogi Berra use to say...."Its not over till its over."

Navy Pride said:
Stay tuned.....As Yogi Berra use to say...."Its not over till its over."

LOL He has to file this motion to make it look like Earle is a political hack. ;)

Honestly, Navy, I have a hard time thinking that Earle would be stupid enough to force a grand jury to indict DeLay. I can't imagine he wants to end his career on this kind of note.

Navy Pride said:
Are you not on the Democrats side?:confused:

Pretty sure that would be a ....NO.
Personally I find the Majority of Dems to be too busy hating the Majority of Republican for them to hold my interest. Though if you switch the labels the same holds true. I find the actual politics have become secondary in the minds of both parties, as they are too busy bitching about each other to look at a larger picture....you know, like making America a Great Place.
The Republicans are in Power right now....and so have the opportunity to affect change and guide policy. Because of this you may see me a bit more critical of that party. I will say however, the Democrats are spineless and disorganized for the most part, and hold some of the blame for the "OBVIOUS" failures of U.S. policy....if only because they do nothing to correct it.

Just My Opinion.

aps said:
LOL He has to file this motion to make it look like Earle is a political hack. ;)

Honestly, Navy, I have a hard time thinking that Earle would be stupid enough to force a grand jury to indict DeLay. I can't imagine he wants to end his career on this kind of note.

He would not be ending his career........He is the DA in a very liberal democratic district.........They love what he is trying to do to Delay......

tecoyah said:
Personally I find the Majority of Dems to be too busy hating the Majority of Republican for them to hold my interest. Though if you switch the labels the same holds true. I find the actual politics have become secondary in the minds of both parties, as they are too busy bitching about each other to look at a larger picture....you know, like making America a Great Place.
The Republicans are in Power right now....and so have the opportunity to affect change and guide policy. Because of this you may see me a bit more critical of that party. I will say however, the Democrats are spineless and disorganized for the most part, and hold some of the blame for the "OBVIOUS" failures of U.S. policy....if only because they do nothing to correct it.

Just My Opinion.

I pretty much agree with you......I just assumed you were a dem because you love to bash the Prez and his administration............

aps said:

Interesting...........

Classic defense manuever for political cases -- accuse the prosecutors of political bias. Hussein is doing the same thing.

tecoyah said:

Just My Opinion.

I'm in agreement with you on a lot of this. I voted for and supported Kerry in 2004. Not because I thought he was a great man, I didn't and don't, I just have little or no respect for Bush and Co. To me it was, has most elections are, a lesser of two evils.

Pacridge said:
I'm in agreement with you on a lot of this. I voted for and supported Kerry in 2004. Not because I thought he was a great man, I didn't and don't, I just have little or no respect for Bush and Co. To me it was, has most elections are, a lesser of two evils.
yeah right...

You liked Kerry's new botox look because it made him look sexy and you have an enlarged picture of him on your bedroom ceiling...;)

tecoyah said:

Just My Opinion.

Certain things take political courage ... and when you get burned you are careful to touch the stove. We had terrible deficits in 1992 after Reagain/Bush I, the debt had quadrupled in 12 years from 1 trillion to 4 trillion. In 1993 the Dems raised the tax rate from 31 to 39% -- opposed by the Republicans right down they line. It worked; by 2000 we had a surplus budget (tragically short lived). The Dems also tried to address another major problem in the country, health care, and they got skewered for that too by the Republicans. The Dems paid a big price; in 1994 they lost power to the Republicans took over.

So now we have the Republicans in control. Under their watch, 45 million Americans have no health care insurance; despite inheriting a surplus budget their abject failure to run the government responsibility has resulted in three straight years of 1/2 trillion dollar deficits and $2.3 trillion more debt; their deficits have robbed *our* Social Security trust fund so that it has nothing but "worthless IOUs" to pay for the boomers' retirement; and their leader failed using intel and got us into a quagmire in Iraq. So now the Republicans say -- where's the Democrat's plans for fixing this stuff? They want the Democrats to propose the tax increase and spending cuts to balance the budget. They want the Democrats to propose getting us out of Iraq. The want the Democrats to propose the painful benefits cuts it will not take to fix SS because the trust fund has been deplete on Republican deficits.

Uh-uh -- you broke it, you pay for it pal. I guess that's how it works.

Back
Top Bottom