• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Defining God

tecoyah said:
Have you ever considered.....Motivating Yourself?
Oh certainly; but I find that using my consept of the OT God is the most efficient way of effecting my desired result: self empowerment.

At this point in my life, my person needs a kick in the @$$ from an external father-figure, and I find that the OT God fits the bill for what I need.

I imagine that as time goes on I will not need this external kick in the @$$.....or at least not as much.

Tashah said:
Even if Mark were as powerful a writer as the Yahwist, there could be no contest since Torah (like the Qu'ran) is God, whereas the entire argument of the Belated Testament is that a man has replaced Scripture.

Yet, they get so upset when you tell them they're worshipping a mortal who couldn't even save his own hide. Died for our sins? Please, that didn't even come into it until way after he was gone - talk about a cop out. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom