• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses

Nope. It's perfect evidence of what I keep telling you. People simply have no idea what they're looking at when it comes to tax returns like Trump's and they'll simply base their opinions on what the want to be true.

What I takeaway from this is that while ordinary Americans were working at their jobs building and manufacturing things of value for hourly wages, so they could feed their families, and paying income and payroll taxes, Trump was a parasite -- borrowing American's savings from banks, living like a king and paying no taxes and defaulting on the loans. NO WONDER HE WANTED HIS TAXES HIDDEN FOREVER!

think you made Lutherf point perfectly

I remember when Conservatives AND Christians hated sleazy elitists thieves and con men like Trump.

Now because of politics and racism they both worship 1 on the biggest conman in the past 50 years.

When Trump's returns are finally released he'll throw some red meat to his base to keep their support and keep them happy and not care that he lied to them, yet again, and that he's a thief and a conman. Are there any Commandments left this guy hasn't broke?

Meh old recycled news nothing new to see here. :roll:

Then you should encourage Trump to reveal the rest of his tax returns so he can show how he turned it around like Bezos.

Right?

don't ya think it's funny what happened to Maddow when she played the Trump Tax card? The big reveal!

reveals Trump made money and paid Taxes. Hilarious TV

I remember when Conservatives AND Christians hated sleazy elitists thieves and con men like Trump.

Now because of politics and racism they both worship 1 on the biggest conman in the past 50 years.

When Trump's returns are finally released he'll throw some red meat to his base to keep their support and keep them happy and not care that he lied to them, yet again, and that he's a thief and a conman. Are there any Commandments left this guy hasn't broke?

since when did Dems ever care about Commandments? asking for a friend

don't ya think it's funny what happened to Maddow when she played the Trump Tax card? The big reveal!

reveals Trump made money and paid Taxes. Hilarious TV

Then he should release the last 10 years so we can all share in the laughter, right?

It's honestly not the least bit surprising that Trump was bleeding money. I have no doubt this thread is gonna be filled with NPCs droning on about how well Trump claims is doing now and how great the economy is.

Let's get this right:
  • The issue isn't that he was "bleeding" money. It's that he was effectively stealing it!!!
  • The issue is that he was in so much debt that he was highly vulnerable to anyone who was willing to bail him out in any way, shape or form.
  • The key question is for how long and to what extent was Trump beholden to whoever kept his sorry ass from going to the pokey for bank fraud.
  • Just whom did he pay-off and how/from where did he get the money needed to stay out of jail? It didn't come from his failing businesses.

He borrowed billions from banks -- billions that people deposited with the banks -- that he simply never repaid, but that he used to create the appearance of success and grandeur. His defaulted loans became losses on the banks' P&Ls.

And remember he submitted materially representationally unfaithful financial statements to banks and insurers. That along with defaulting on loans made pursuant to information in those statements is what could easily have sent him to jail.

My guess, though I've not seen the data the NY Times has obtained, is that he ran a "ponzi scheme" of sorts whereby he borrowed money from one lender, then borrowed from another bank to pay off the first lender, and then borrowed from a third bank to pay the second, and so on and so on, each time negotiating a settlement at some amount less than the actual sum he was originally required to repay for each respective loan. I think that because that would explain the half-dozen bankruptcies and the swarm of LLC companies he owns, each of which can take loans and later file bankruptcy, all the while shielding the cash, real and personal property he obtained by transferring income from those LLCs to himself. It would also explain why Trump, unlike most people of means, lives not in a private home that's personally owned and whereof he must pay out of his own pocket the full cost of living there, but rather, he lives-moves among various business properties -- Trump Tower and a bunch of mansions formerly owned by people who were/are in fact highly profitable and rich that have been converted into golf clubs -- that have a comparatively small portion of them allocated for his personal and exclusive use.

Last edited:
Then he should release the last 10 years so we can all share in the laughter, right?

sure...... but so entertaining to watch Dems whine for something they want and can't get.

I can't believe the IRS hasn't leaked them. Must be some way to trace access.

This is a perfect example of why I believe Trump should NEVER release his tax returns. I have yet to read the Times article but I just watched 15 minutes of Chris Matthews wetting his pants over this on MSNBC and Erin Burnett nearly fainting in ecstasy on CNN. Meanwhile they each have commentators on explaining how this is "highly unusual", how it's a sign of tax fraud and how it "proves" that Trump is a disaster as a businessman.

It does none of those things.

One thing that is interesting is that this information seems to come from IRS Tax Return Transcripts. That's an unusual source for this kind of information and kind of begs the question of how, exactly the Times got those transcripts.

In a universe where facts matter, this is all big news. You can't simply hand wave this all away you know. Everything about Trump's finances are suspect and we are being kept in the dark. If there were nothing there to see, he would have released them like they did the Trump Tower emails, which was still damaging but they got in front of it.

Well, generally speaking people have less of an idea regarding how tax returns work than they do about how airplanes fly so, yeah, it's an opinion but it gets supported more and more with every comment by Chris Matthews, Erin Burnett and their flock of sheep that post on internet forums.

It doesn't matter what people think. All the matters is what Congress thinks. And, by the way, CONGRESS WRITES THE TAX LAWS.

Ya think they can figure it out?

DUH!

It's honestly not the least bit surprising that Trump was bleeding money. I have no doubt this thread is gonna be filled with NPCs droning on about how well Trump claims is doing now and how great the economy is.

Hemorrhaging money you mean. Trump's personal losses accounted for 2% of all declared losses that the IRS received! His losses were HUGE. A good part of it was other peoples money though. :lol:
If Trump goes thru with his threat on Friday he can kiss "his" great economy good-bye. Get ready for a bloodbath on Wall Street.

Last edited:
since when did Dems ever care about Commandments? asking for a friend

You came back here and renamed yourself after the worst businessman ever, the biggest LOSER.

And you are proud of him, even though he lied his ass off to you.:lamo

It doesn't matter what people think. All the matters is what Congress thinks. And, by the way, CONGRESS WRITES THE TAX LAWS.

Ya think they can figure it out?

DUH!

really...remember Pelosi comment on Obama care...we'll know what's in it when we pass it...doesn't sound like rocket scientist imo.

You came back here and renamed yourself after the worst businessman ever, the biggest LOSER.

And you are proud of him, even though he lied his ass off to you.:lamo

its my maiden name....:lamo

This is a perfect example of why I believe Trump should NEVER release his tax returns. I have yet to read the Times article but I just watched 15 minutes of Chris Matthews wetting his pants over this on MSNBC and Erin Burnett nearly fainting in ecstasy on CNN. Meanwhile they each have commentators on explaining how this is "highly unusual", how it's a sign of tax fraud and how it "proves" that Trump is a disaster as a businessman.

It does none of those things.

One thing that is interesting is that this information seems to come from IRS Tax Return Transcripts. That's an unusual source for this kind of information and kind of begs the question of how, exactly the Times got those transcripts.

Oh I believe there is nothing illegal to find in his returns. What Trump does not want the public to know is how much he wrote off due too poor buisness decisions, and the fact he is not nearly as wealthy as he claims. His ego is directly related to his bank balance. The man is as shallow as a mud puddle, but we already knew that fact.

really...remember Pelosi comment on Obama care...we'll know what's in it when we pass it...doesn't sound like rocket scientist imo.

It's understandable why you are grasping at straws, given you haven't come close to the ballpark of rebutting the comment how Congress, who writes tax law, is therefore quite able to understand fully the tax documents surrounding trump. The Sarah Sanders defense of "they won't understand it" is rather hollow and you're off in la la land, something about Pelosi and the ACA? Hardly on point.

Trump's best source of income came from lying to the press.

All of his cult can't fathom that he has been proven again to be a complete phony. Cultists can't think...

Not sure why this is a big deal. Hilton and Tesla lost almost that much JUST LAST YEAR.

Back
Top Bottom