• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Death toll rises in South Africa as violence and pogroms, looting spreads

Wrong as usual.

Afrikaners (Afrikaans: [afriˈkɑːnərs]) are an ethnic group in Southern Africa descended from predominantly Dutch settlers first arriving at the Cape of Good Hope in the 17th and 18th centuries
when your ancestors came to USA? what you can write about Bantu?

Wrong as usual.

Afrikaners (Afrikaans: [afriˈkɑːnərs]) are an ethnic group in Southern Africa descended from predominantly Dutch settlers first arriving at the Cape of Good Hope in the 17th and 18th centuries

Why do you feel that Afrikaners are not native to South Africa?

They have lived there since 1652 and speak a language only spoken in South Africa.

Why do you feel that Afrikaners are not native to South Africa?

They have lived there since 1652 and speak a language only spoken in South Africa.

Because they aren't native Africans. They colonized.

Just as I don't consider myself Native American.

1870s. What about ..
1870s (19c) so you have the right to Live in USA meanwhile Afrikaans dont have the right to live in peace in SA? where is logic ?

ps whats about my qestion ?

1870s. What about the Bantu peoples?

Do you think them incapable of running a nation?

Why do you run from the question Litwin?

1870s (19c) so you have the right to Live in USA meanwhile Afrikaans dont have the right to live in peace in SA? where is logic ?

Did I say Afrikaaners don't have a right to live in South Africa?

What about the Bantu peoples?

Do ethnic Russians have the right to live in Lithuania and push for unification with Russia, the rightful ruler of the Baltic’s

Unsurprisingly, you will blame whites for anything you can, but have you seen one video of a single white person looting and pillaging?

Whatever prompted such a foolish reply - please elaborate how you come to such a stupid conclusion from my words?

Do ethnic Russians have the right to live in Lithuania and push for unification with Russia, the rightful ruler of the Baltic’s
very few Muscovites (Muscovite speaking) live in LR, Latvia and Estonia have quite big Muscovite speaking communities, in Estonia they live so much better than Muscovites over the border , many experts suggest that the majority of them support Estonian state

according TV.ru ?

I have spent quite a few years in South Africa. The guy's accent is definitely Indian.

Obviously his words are disgusting but the South African Indian community have probably been one of the greatest sufferers from the looting and rioting by Zuma supporters.
Is it disgusting? When can somebody be legitimately aggrieved enough, to Xpress a little bit of human emotion?

Wrong as usual.

So another words, the Afrikaners have been in South Africa for centuries? Why does that give them less of a right then Bantus?

Human migration is a constant.

So another words, the Afrikaners have been in South Africa for centuries? Why does that give them less of a right then Bantus?

Human migration is a constant.
+ His family emigrated to USA only in 1870s

Why do you run from the question Litwin?

Did I say Afrikaaners don't have a right to live in South Africa?

What about the Bantu peoples?

I do not believe that they are innately in capable of running a nation, However, South Africa has had a lot of problems, And there are many problems with the general administration of the country that have gotten worse since the end of apartheid.

very few Muscovites (Muscovite speaking) live in LR, Latvia and Estonia have quite big Muscovite speaking communities, in Estonia they live so much better than Muscovites over the border , many experts suggest that the majority of them support Estonian state

according TV.ru ?

No. They don't have "Muscovites". Russians.

And if those RUSSIANS decide to go with RUSSIA?

+ His family emigrated to USA only in 1870s

So what?

Do I declare myself Native American?

No.

I do not believe that they are innately in capable of running a nation, However, South Africa has had a lot of problems, And there are many problems with the general administration of the country that have gotten worse since the end of apartheid.

Racism noted.

Is it disgusting? When can somebody be legitimately aggrieved enough, to Xpress a little bit of human emotion
Did you actually see the video?

He is gloating over an injured man who is obviously dying.

It is disgusting to any normal person.

Because they aren't native Africans. They colonized.

Just as I don't consider myself Native American.

I suggest that you read up on the history of South Africa.

There were no Bantu people in the Cape when the Afrikaners arrived there.

Even today they are a minority in Cape Town.

Afrikaners have lived in Africa since 1652. They obviously have as much right to live in Africa as anyone else.

Do all races of Americans not have equal rights?

Why should it be different for Afrikaners?

Correct. They have done a shocking job of running the economy.

The only well run part of the country is the Western Cape, which is not run by people of Bantu origin.

please elaborate how you come to such a stupid conclusion
It's not a stupid conclusion at all....and you know it.

Even a small child can watch the many videos coming out of SA and see who is looting and pillaging....and yet all you can contribute here is criticism of whites.

It is all about blacks acting criminally because of the fact that the black Jacob Zuma has been jailed for corruption.

Just watch the videos and don't post nonsense.

There is no evidence from South Africa that the blacks elected to run the government have done anything but ruin the nations economy.

Similar situations exist all over Africa.....the most backward continent in the world.

I suggest that you read up on the history of South Africa.

There were no Bantu people in the Cape when the Afrikaners arrived there.

Even today they are a minority in Cape Town.

Afrikaners have lived in Africa since 1652. They obviously have as much right to live in Africa as anyone else.

Do all races of Americans not have equal rights?

Why should it be different for Afrikaners?

Ummmmm. No.

And have I stated, inferred or implied Afrikaaners should be treated any differently than others?

I simply said they aren't native to the land.

Bantu peoples of South Africa​

South African Bantu-speaking peoples are the majority of Black South Africans or indigenous people of South Africa. Occasionally grouped as Bantu, the term itself is derived from the word for "people" common to many of the Bantu languages. The Oxford Dictionary of South African English describes its contemporary usage in a racial context as "obsolescent and offensive" because of its strong association with white minority rule with their Apartheid system. However, Bantu is used without pejorative connotations in other parts of Africa and is still used in South Africa as the group term for the language family.

The history of the Bantu-speaking peoples from South Africa has in the past been misunderstood due to the deliberate spreading of false narratives such as The Empty Land Myth.[3] First published by W.A. Holden in the 1860s, this doctrine claims that South Africa had mostly been an unsettled region and that Bantu-speaking peoples had begun to migrate southwards from present day Zimbabwe at the same time as the Europeans had begun to migrate northwards from the Cape settlement, despite there being no historical or archaeological evidence to support this theory.

There is no evidence from South Africa that the blacks elected to run the government have done anything but ruin the nations economy.

Similar situations exist all over Africa.....the most backward continent in the world.

The same can be said for much of South America and Mexico. Venezuela ring a bell? Argentina?

The old joke used to be the earth makes one revolution a year, except in South American where the average is greater. Or take the Middle East. Without the oil pumps it too would be a shithole. How about Eastern Europe? Greece is the sick man of Europe now. Syria? Lebanon?

Back
Top Bottom