• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

death penality and abortion

MeChMAN said:
Republicans want live babys so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. And why is it when it's us it's an abortion and when it's a chicken it's an omelet?
I always wondered why it is referred to as Flori-DUH!

Now I know.

Blue Hobgoblin said:
I've got a question for the cons and republicans. You say you want to promote a culture of life and support not funding stem cell research that could alleviate the suffering of millions of persons, yet you have no problem with strapping a person in a metal chair and electrocuting him. Now how does this make sense? :thinking

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The rest of your post aside for the moment, If he had lived, I can't imagine that Dr. King's voice would be silent on the question in the face of the tens of millions of US black babies who have been the victims of the abortionists suction machines.

What do you think?

Fantasea said:
Which one of the links is the one that speaks with the authority of the Vatican?

What you are saying, in so many words, is that during the recent presidential campaign you believed everything that the Republican National Committee said about the Democratic candidate, John Kerry.

The folks who print this stuff rely heavily on the 'gullibility' factor.

A senior Vatican spokesman backs the claims about permeable condoms, despite assurances by the World Health Organisation that they are untrue.

Moreover...

The Vatican's Cardinal Trujillo said: "They are wrong about that... this is an easily recognisable fact."

Fantasea said:
The rest of your post aside for the moment, If he had lived, I can't imagine that Dr. King's voice would be silent on the question in the face of the tens of millions of US black babies who have been the victims of the abortionists suction machines.

What do you think?

Why must you make it "black babies?" For some reason I don't think Dr. King would have cared much for race when it came to abortion.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Originally Posted by Fantasea

What do you think?
Why must you make it "black babies?" For some reason I don't think Dr. King would have cared much for race when it came to abortion.
No doubt, he would have felt pain for all the aborted children. However, considering the effort he was making to improve the lot of black people, I believe that the deliberate loss of so many black babies would have been especially heart wrenching for him.

Do you find something wrong with that?

I don't think Dr. King in his infinite greatness would stand up and say, "My god the black babies are dying."

I think he would have ommitted color all together.

Ok I got a question for the dems and libs out ther, hear I go. Your agenst the death penality , for the most part. Yet your for abortion, the murder of inocence. Now does this make any sence.

I guess they want "Pre-emptively" kill, before the childern become killers :rofl

Not to mention they got on Bush on for being pre-emptive! :confused:

If you look at it this way, Harod wanted all infant males 2 and under to be murdered. He wanted to try to make sure that this "Messiah" would not enter the world. He failed, of course. Harod was just one of Satan's deadly tools in the world. Legalized abortion is just another desparate tool to keep the world from overpopulating with more possible Christians.

Dennis Miller said:
Legalized abortion is just another desparate tool to keep the world from overpopulating with more possible Christians.
Yes, those overpopulating christians in China and India.

skabanger13 said:
Ok I got a question for the dems and libs out ther, hear I go. Your agenst the death penality , for the most part. Yet your for abortion, the murder of inocence. Now does this make any sence. :screwy

"Murder" is a legal term referring to the taking of a person's life. Neither a blastocyst, an embryo, nor a fetus are regarded as legal "persons". Therefore, abortion is not murder under the law.

P.S. Please use a spell-checker. It would make it so much easier on the rest of us. Thanks.

geekgrrl said:
"Murder" is a legal term referring to the taking of a person's life. Neither a blastocyst, an embryo, nor a fetus are regarded as legal "persons". Therefore, abortion is not murder under the law.

Yet, if I punch a pregnant woman in the gut and she loses the baby, in most jurisdictions I can be charged with murder. How is that so?

geekgrrl said:
P.S. Please use a spell-checker. It would make it so much easier on the rest of us. Thanks.

Hey! One thing we agree on. It isn't as if the generous webmasters of this site haven't provided us with a handy spell checker right here on the forum. Just use it and your posts will sound so much more intelligent.

Geekgrrl - I had to edit this post because after I reviewed it, I saw that I had quoted your name in the second instance as "gookgrrl". Although it was a typo, I didn't want to have to start trying to explain why I had referred to you as such :mrgreen:

Last edited:
geekgrrl said:

And if only that would be an end to the matter.

Sadly ....

geekgrrl said:
That's true. On that fateful day in 1973, seven men in black robes, in their infinite wisdom, decided that what theretofore had been a living human person, entitled to full protection, was no longer a living human person entitled to full protection.

Quite a trick, don't you think?

Something else that is quite tricky is this: http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/abortion/unbornbill32504.html

If you decide to read it, note the use of the words "unborn child".

What's next, I wonder?

I believe the death penalty and abortion is free murder....

To kill someone AFTER they "supposidly" killed someone..whats the purpose, when they already killed people?

Abortion is self explanitory, why would anyone wanna kill innocent babies? I am sick of the "women's right" excuse feminists love to throw out there...this has nothing to do with women's rights...like the death penalty, its for control for a few political agendas ( rightwingers and feminists)

Blue Hobgoblin said:
I've got a question for the cons and republicans. You say you want to promote a culture of life and support not funding stem cell research that could alleviate the suffering of millions of persons, yet you have no problem with strapping a person in a metal chair and electrocuting him. Now how does this make sense? :thinking

Very simple Stem Cell research requires killing innocent unborn children. The death penalty doesn't apply to innocence. Of course my values are based on religion. If you think an unborn child isn't a human you are fatally mistaken.

Government funding, or the lack there of, in connection with stem cell research is a red herring dragged across the abortion trail in an attempt to cloud the issue by appealling to the ignorance of the masses.

Stem cell research has been going on for some time and is fully self-funded by all of the pharmaceutical companies who have an interest in pursuing it.

These companies are flush with cash and make the investment for the same reason they invest in any research; to try to develop new products and services which they can market at a profit.

When and if any break-throughs occur, a Pfizer, Glaxo Smith Kline, Novartis, Wyeth, or one of that ilk, will be leading the way.

Another reason that they don't ask for government funding is because they don't want to put up with the interference and meddling that goes along with any taxpayer money.

The only ones kvetching are those who, as usual, will sieze upon anything and everything that has the remotest chance of reflecting badly upon the Administration. However, they never bother to acknowledge that the current administration is the only one ever to provide and funding at all for this research.

No Democratic administration ever did.

asmith555 said:
If you think an unborn child isn't a human you are fatally mistaken.

Everyone accepts an unborn child is human (it has human DNA), but is it a person? That is the question people disagree with.

OnionCollection said:
Everyone accepts an unborn child is human (it has human DNA), but is it a person? That is the question people disagree with.
If an unborn child is human but not a person, what can it possibly be? Not an animal. Not a vegetable. Not a mineral. What's left?

This cut & paste dictionary definition disagrees with your understanding.

per·son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pûrsn)
n.
A living human. Often used in combination: chairperson; spokesperson; salesperson.
An individual of specified character: a person of importance.
The composite of characteristics that make up an individual personality; the self.
The living body of a human
Physique and general appearance.

Fantasea said:
If an unborn child is human but not a person, what can it possibly be? Not an animal. Not a vegetable. Not a mineral. What's left?

This cut & paste dictionary definition disagrees with your understanding.

per·son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pûrsn)
n.
A living human. Often used in combination: chairperson; spokesperson; salesperson.
An individual of specified character: a person of importance.
The composite of characteristics that make up an individual personality; the self.
The living body of a human
Physique and general appearance.

It is a mass of cells bearing all the characteristics of life while still not YET being human. If you sever my arm, it continues to live for a time, and is of human material, but is still not a complete human. Its the same thing with an undeveloped fetus. It has the potential to become a developed human while still NOT YET being so. Like the severed limb, if it is removed from the human mother, it will expire and cease even to maintain the characteristics of life. The fetus is NOT a human. It is a potential human.

jallman said:
It is a mass of cells bearing all the characteristics of life while still not YET being human.
The kindest thing which can be said about this comment is that it is convoluted.
If you sever my arm, it continues to live for a time, and is of human material, but is still not a complete human. Its the same thing with an undeveloped fetus. It has the potential to become a developed human while still NOT YET being so. Like the severed limb, if it is removed from the human mother, it will expire and cease even to maintain the characteristics of life.
Your analogy of a severed limb is not germane. The severed arm is not expected to grow the rest of a body. A fetus, on the other hand, is already a fully constituted human being, needing only the passage of time to complete its growth to a larger size. Left undisturbed, it fulfills all the expectations for it.
The fetus is NOT a human. It is a potential human.
The word potential implies that the fetus 'may become' human or it 'may not become' human, and may, instead, become something other than human. Is there a known instance in which a fetus became anything other than human?

Numerous humans have been removed from the mother and transferred to another woman to complete the gestation period.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=804&goto=newpost

Last edited:
The kindest thing which can be said about this comment is that it is convoluted.Your analogy of a severed limb is not germane. The severed arm is not expected to grow the rest of a body. A fetus, on the other hand, is already a fully constituted human being, needing only the passage of time to complete its growth to a larger size. Left undisturbed, it fulfills all the expectations for it.The word potential implies that the fetus 'may become' human or it 'may not become' human, and may, instead, become something other than human. Is there a known instance in which a fetus became anything other than human?

The analogy was perfectly germane as I was illustrating the difference between bearing the characteristics of life and bearing the characteristics of HUMAN life. It seems that for all your illusions of being a rational person, you have a knack for dismissing any case you dont agree with as being "not germane". I never implied that the fetus would become some other material, only that it may not become human if its development is arrested. Nice try though.

Numerous humans have been removed from the mother and transferred to another woman to complete the gestation period.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=804&goto=newpost

I dont see how this relates at all to the abortion process. Why not keep it "germane" next time?

jallman said:
The analogy was perfectly germane as I was illustrating the difference between bearing the characteristics of life and bearing the characteristics of HUMAN life. It seems that for all your illusions of being a rational person, you have a knack for dismissing any case you dont agree with as being "not germane".
I call 'em as I see 'em. You did base your illustration on a human arm, didn't you?
I never implied that the fetus would become some other material, only that it may not become human if its development is arrested.
It is not possible for you to tell me what a fetus may not become, is it? Therefore, kindly list for me some of the alternate things a fetus may become, if its development is not arrested.
Nice try though.
Thanx. I thought so, too.
I dont see how this relates at all to the abortion process.
It's quite simple. While you continue to express your opinion, you have been unable to support that opinion with anything resembling professional confirmation, that a fetus is not a human being.

I contend that the abortion procedure results in the death of a human being and have displayed numerous professional confirmations of that fact, which, by the way, you simply brush off. I venture that you are ill equipped to refute these confirmations, which is why you honestly (and I compliment you for that) identify your comments as opinion.

I trust that you now understand how all of this relates to the abortion process.
Why not keep it "germane" next time?
You seem not to have noticed, but I strive to to ensure that my comments are always not only germane, but appropriate and timely, as well.

I detest and eschew "red herrings".

I received an e-mail notice of an item posted to this thread by jallman. The message contained a humorous verse which began:

I have a spelling checker.
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot see.​

I can't seem to find it in the forum. (Censors at work?) If I had, I would have written that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes, spell checkers are marvelous additions to any program, which prompts me to ask what happened to the spell checker that used to be available in this forum.

Now, if only someone would invent a homophone checker as an adjunct to the spellchecker.

To the Political Correctness Police

Before you launch the attack, and have to apologize for it, consult a dictionary.​

Fantasea said:
I received an e-mail notice of an item posted to this thread by jallman. The message contained a humorous verse which began:

I have a spelling checker.
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot see.​

I can't seem to find it in the forum. (Censors at work?) If I had, I would have written that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes, spell checkers are marvelous additions to any program, which prompts me to ask what happened to the spell checker that used to be available in this forum.

Now, if only someone would invent a homophone checker as an adjunct to the spellchecker.

To the Political Correctness Police

Before you launch the attack, and have to apologize for it, consult a dictionary.​

Oh, no one was censoring...I deleted the post because I was going to post it in a more appropriate forum than this one. I just never got around to it. It was inresponse to something you said in one of your posts about a using a spellchecker...made me think of this poem and laugh...I thought you would find it humorous too.

Back
Top Bottom