• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 8 testimony (Wednsday 7/3) [W:432]

Re: Day 8 testimony (Wednsday 7/3)

I think so. He said something like "No one in law enforcement actually calls it that." I could be wrong...

It's just a nickname they use. The legisltor doesn't call it that, and it's not the real name of the law.

This Judge is absolutely ruling everything even close [to case law] comes in for State and out for Defense. I'm not an atty but have listened to several speak about her decisions thus far... and most think she is off base in her allowance of what comes in for State. How can it be fair for the state to get GZ school records in and not TM?? This is just the latest of several. I could see a possibility of the jury convicting GZ of Aggravated Manslaughter

Aggravated manslaughter is an enhanced charge triggered by certain circumstances. Those include negligently causing the death of a Minor.

IDT the jury instructions includes sentencing info. Therefore, they could possibly convict GZ of Aggravated Manslaughter thinking he deserves some time and this would be a compromise. However, he could get up to 30 yrs for this conviction... and the judge decides.

If this happens, it would be catastrophic. And I believe the judge would give the high end and not continue bail while on appeal.

I know this is a lot of speculation, but I can't help but think something like this could happen and even shock the jury.

The judge leaning towards, the state was anticipated as well as, the judge leaning with, the state in the immunity hearing (still on the table) by defense counsel

The issue now is....Z is in defense mode and O'mara/West must double/triple their efforts

He did?

Well, people don't lie just for the hell of it... There's always a reason... So tell me, why would he lie?

Are you freakin' kidding me??

Do you know who is on the stand right now?

Do you know WHY?

Do you know why the defense fought so badly to keep him out?

Zimmerman is being impeached at this moment.

"the absence of injury" doesn't preclude you fearing great bodily harm or death.

Hmmmmmm so the State called a witness who's just eroded the ME saying George's injuries "were not life threatening".

<quickly sending email to defense team> Gentlemen, please send another round of coffee and muffins to the prosecution, they are making your case. In all fairness, shouldn't you, at this juncture consider sending the prosecution a PORTION of your legal fees?? I mean they ARE doing most of your work. Respectfully submitted, Dan

The idea of escalation now introduced to the jury.

I bet the state wishes they hadn't called this witness in the first place.

Any possible plus they could have had form the possible hannity lie is more then made up for by what is occuring now.

He did?

Well, people don't lie just for the hell of it... There's always a reason... So tell me, why would he lie?

It is very difficult to tell the absolute truth. Human nature causes us to slant facts to help ourselves...put our own spin on things. I believe (not sure) that he told Hannity he wasn't familiar with SYG laws. ?? Being 100% truthful in stressful situations where one's future is on the line is very difficult.

Do you know WHY?

That doesn't answer my question... If you think he lied he must have had a reason, so what would that reason be for him lying about knowing anything about the SYG law?

Do you know WHY?

The guy on the stand right now obviously likes George Zimmerman and he's helping his self-defense case. They fought to keep his school records out, not the testimony by experts on what self-defense is.

Does the defense get the fact that this guy would have taught Zimmerman all of this? That knowledge would have given Zimmerman a working knowledge of the law and thus able to craft a valid story if he did in fact act irresponsibly.

I watch HLN and they are behind the live feed most of you are watching. Here's my question: Did the defense ever ask the instructor if that law was actually referred to in class as Stand Your Ground? Next, has it been introduced how GZ answered Hannity's question on air? (Where, I believe, he said he wasn't familiar with the law?) Both of these things are very important in my opinion.

The guy on the stand right now obviously likes George Zimmerman and he's helping his self-defense case. They fought to keep his school records out, not the testimony by experts on what self-defense is.

They would not be able to ask the witnesses without the school records introduced.

And there is another professor that may come in: Gordon Pleasants (he's the one with perpetuate testimony)

It's not helping the defense to show George lied right to America's face. For all to see.

I stopped watchign for a moment and redirect was done - so i'm guessing just a question or two. Was there a redirect?

Do you know WHY?

:doh
:lamo:lamo:lamo
No he wasn't.

Does the defense get the fact that this guy would have taught Zimmerman all of this? That knowledge would have given Zimmerman a working knowledge of the law and thus able to craft a valid story if he did in fact act irresponsibly.
Do you get that there is no evidence to even suggest such.

That's what the state will argue...plus that Z lied about his knowledge on national TV.

This was a big one for the state.

That sounds very logical and makes perfect sense... But how on the hell did he get all those witnesses to go along with his plan?

Again, let's lucidly hallucinate this is true. How did Zimmerman get all the folks he didn't know would witness a portion of the encounter, to corroborate his concocted story?

This testimony by Capt Carter goes to George's credibility.. GZ lied on Hannity claiming he had never heard of SYG...

West tried to deflect the testimony and make it about the law.

Bingo. I don't see how people don't get that.

It's right there for all to see.

That's what the state will argue...plus that Z lied about his knowledge on national TV.
:doh
Except that the witness showed that he actually didn't.
Duh!

LOL Grim....oops we did it again, this time you beat me!

Again, let's lucidly hallucinate this is true. How did Zimmerman get all the folks he didn't know would witness a portion of the encounter, to corroborate his concocted story?
It appears you only listen to the witnesses and evidence you want to hear and see.

I stopped watchign for a moment and redirect was done - so i'm guessing just a question or two. Was there a redirect?

Yes... He got the guy to spell out what legally justified self defense under the statute would be... Or put another way, he basically said that Zimmerman was acting under the law.

GZ lied on Hannity claiming he had never heard of SYG...
Wrong this witness made it clear he did not lie.

It appears you only listen to the witnesses and evidence you want to hear and see.

Are you going to answer my question?

Why would Zimmerman lie about knowledge of the SYG law?

Fantastic! Gordon Pleasants made it out of the Navajoe desert!

He WILL be appearing.

He's the professor who taught GZ about Evil Minds and Violent Predators, (yes, that's the class name GZ took) and likely touched on SYG as well.

Back
Top Bottom