• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 8 testimony (Wednsday 7/3) [W:432]

Re: Day 8 testimony (Wednsday 7/3)

Trying to portray him with the pejorative of Wanna' Be Cop.

Say that to one's relative who's taking classes in the hopes of becoming a police officer: "You're just a wanna' be cop." Ridiculous. Ridiculous!

I realize the defense doesn't want to give this guy's testimony any weight. Probably right. But, if anything, I think it should show that George Zimmerman had a goal he was working towards and then cause people to ask, "Just how likely is it that GZ would have done anything to jeopardize that?"

I think they're trying to make the argument that Zimmerman understood enough of the law to craft a solid story to get out this situation.

I thought they took out the "bad credit" thing?

Better to leave it in. The other option would have been to let hte jury speculate as to why he was turned down (prior criminal activity, etc).

I don't see how showing that he got really good grades is not going to help him. Usually people who are studious and disciplined aren't the kind of people that would do something so stupid as stalk and kill someone just because of their skin color.

They aren't really going to try to say that GZ took these classes just so he could learn how to get away with murdering a teenager, are they?

Did I just hear that Zimmerman was one of the better students in the class? Combined with George having enough credits to graduate and Serino indicating that Goerge was not a pathological liar and came off as honest..> Sharon's head has to have expladed by now, right?

They moved the microphone.

Better to leave it in. The other option would have been to let hte jury speculate as to why he was turned down (prior criminal activity, etc).

That's curious ... when I mistype "the" it comes out "teh".

Did I just hear that Zimmerman was one of the better students in the class? Combined with George having enough credits to graduate and Serino indicating that Goerge was not a pathological liar and came off as honest..> Sharon's head has to have expladed by now, right?

What are you talking about???????

That's curious ... when I mistype "the" it comes out "teh".

I do em all. The, eth, teh. teh is most common for me too.

I don't see how showing that he got really good grades is not going to help him. Usually people who are studious and disciplined aren't the kind of people that would do something so stupid as stalk and kill someone just because of their skin color.

They aren't really going to try to say that GZ took these classes just so he could learn how to get away with murdering a teenager, are they?

Well, why do you think it's so important to assert that Zimmerman knew about the SYG law prior to shooting Martin?

Why is West boring everyone again?

Just as I thought... I just wanted to be sure that you were in fact asserting that Zimmerman hunted down Martin and murdered him because he looked like a black criminal, and the all actual evidence that's been presented showing that wasn't the case, has been disregarded by you... Have a nice day now.

I will have a nice day! Thanks!

Well, why do you think it's so important to assert that Zimmerman knew about the SYG law prior to shooting Martin?

From what I understand on the Hannity interview Z stated he didn't know about SD and SYG law.

From what I understand on the Hannity interview Z stated he didn't know about SD and SYG law.

That's true.. he said he had never heard of SYG.. Goes to George's credibility.

OMG... If I remember correctly, the defense was not allowed to talk about the self defense laws durng the trial... Thanks to this testimony, they can now.

Zimmerman is being impeached at this moment.

Hope you are enjoying it, Zim fans.

Contrary to the ME yesterday this witness is credible. Note: he's not testifying on narrow possibilities, giving a FEW more weight, he's simply providing testimony on facts, neither siding with the state nor prosecution.

Nice light moment with "how you doing George".

I have a new found respect for JAG. I should have know as soon as he introduced himself I'd enjoy hearing from one of our military members!

OMG... If I remember correctly, the defense was not allowed to talk about the self defense laws durng the trial... Thanks to this testimony, they can now.

I was just coming here to suggest the same thing. The defense made the most of this witness, right?

This wasn;t about just misremembering the details of a tragic event for GZ --

this was him, in front of all America, months after -- and he lied about something VERY significant.

Zimmerman LIED to Sean Hannity, right to his face -- and he LIED to you AMERICA.

I was just coming here to suggest the same thing. The defense made the most of this witness, right?

What??/ they tried everything they could do to keep him out.

LOL Once again, it's USUALLY not a good thing when the State's witness requires the STATE to request "approach the bench".

This wasn;t about just misremembering the details of a tragic event for GZ --

this was him, in front of all America, months after -- and he lied about something VERY significant.

Zimmerman LIED to Sean Hannity, right to his face -- and he LIED to you AMERICA.

That escalated quickly.

Back
Top Bottom