• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 7 testimony ( Tuesday 7/2)

Why is the lead prosecution attorney treating Perino almost as a hostile witness?

Intellectual dishonest portrayal. It's not simply a "family community". It's a family community that's suffered a number of break ins, including one just a couple of weeks before, by a slim teenager.

Don't interject skin color that demonstrates your bias.

The disturbing part is an officer not admitting he'd check it out.

The one that occurred a few weeks before was by a man in his 40's.

I think he was looking for him yes, but he did not advance in the direction Martin had gone... Would you still call that "following" him?

He "didn't advance in the direction TM had gone"? Really? He said he saw TM run, he knew the direction and that is the direction Z went.

As I said before, I can't believe anyone is still arguing Z wasn't following TM.

NEN = "Are you following him?"

Z - "yes."

That's how it appears.

Funny, that isn't what Z said over and over, he said he continued walking east because he was "looking for an address".

Intellectual dishonest portrayal. It's not simply a "family community". It's a family community that's suffered a number of break ins, including one just a couple of weeks before, by a slim teenager.

Don't interject skin color that demonstrates your bias.

The disturbing part is an officer not admitting he'd check it out.

Who was arrested and in jail. Are you suggesting everyone in the community should be calling the police every time they see a "slim teenager" in the community?

First, Z has stated several times he wasn't running and the noise the disaptcher heard on the call was wind noise. Second, during the walk through Z points back along the path as says "back there" when he mentions the NEN op telling him so. So yes, the exact location is not known, and won't be since Z won't be taking the stand, it can be reasonably assumed it was somewhere between the T andhis truck.

How can you say it wasn't beyond the T??? Unless you believe Z did NOT reach RTC the T is between his vehicle and RTC.

Who was arrested and in jail. Are you suggesting everyone in the community should be calling the police every time they see a "slim teenager" in the community?

I would HOPE and PRAY if my neighborhood was subjected to a "number" of burglaries, EVERYONE in the neighborhood would call the police when a "stranger" or unknown person was sighted in the community, at least to check them out.

What was the point of the prosecution's comic book question?

I don't really understand your portrayal. If we agree he proceeded to RVC, and then needed to return to his vehicle while attempting to find an address, the altercation took place between where Zimmerman had gone to RVC and where he parked. correct?

Well, according to Zimmerman. The problem is there is several minutes (3-4?) between the NEN call and the shot. Zimm's explanation of how it went down is not consistent with this time frame. A whole lot more went on during Z's walk back to his car and I believe part of that was walking south down the path, maybe because he heard TM on the phone with DD and wanted to check it out. This is when, according to DD, TM said "he's right next to me".

If anyone wanted to have a drinking game for this trial, it would be every time you hear "I apologize".

He "didn't advance in the direction TM had gone"? Really? He said he saw TM run, he knew the direction and that is the direction Z went.

As I said before, I can't believe anyone is still arguing Z wasn't following TM.

NEN = "Are you following him?"

Z - "yes."

I'm speaking to when the confrontation occured. Martin took off to the south of the "T" when Z lost sight of him. According to what has been testified to, Z only proceeded on the sidewalk in an east or west direction. He never turned south, and was headed east back to his truck when the confrontation occured.

The point is, when the confrontation occured Martin was not being followed, so you can not assert that Z was acting in an aggressive manner and Martin was reacting to it... Do you understand my point?

I'm giving you the last word here so we don't go too far off topic.

The one that occurred a few weeks before was by a man in his 40's.

Yes, but to some every criminal in RTL was a slim, black teenager and therefore every slim black teenager shoul dbe treated as a "suspect" and potential thief, until you know, he can prove he isn't.

If anyone wanted to have a drinking game for this trial, it would be every time you hear "I apologize".

LOL and you would, by now.....CLEARLY be inebriated!!

Yes, but to some every criminal in RTL was a slim, black teenager and therefore every slim black teenager shoul dbe treated as a "suspect" and potential thief, until you know, he can prove he isn't.

It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with how he was acting, coupled with the burglaries that were occurring in that area around that time.

How can you say it wasn't beyond the T??? Unless you believe Z did NOT reach RTC the T is between his vehicle and RTC.

Well we know it wasn't at RVC because that's where Z was standing when he said "Back there" and pointed in the direction of the T. I think it was at or before the T based on the elapsed time on the NEN call between exiting the vehicle and the statement and the fact Z claims he was walking, not running or even jogging. Someone on another site did the math on this and taking into account differing walking speeds estimated it happened somewhere between half way to the T and the T.

I would HOPE and PRAY if my neighborhood was subjected to a "number" of burglaries, EVERYONE in the neighborhood would call the police when a "stranger" or unknown person was sighted in the community, at least to check them out.

Seriously? ANYONE who isn't known to that individual resident? Do you know how many people in the community only "knew" 10 or 15 other families that lived there...in a community of 200 plus homes?

This is what passes for logic to people who made up their mind about this case a long time ago.

I'm speaking to when the confrontation occured. Martin took off to the south of the "T" when Z lost sight of him. According to what has been testified to, Z only proceeded on the sidewalk in an east or west direction. He never turned south, and was headed east back to his truck when the confrontation occured.

The point is, when the confrontation occured Martin was not being followed, so you can not assert that Z was acting in an aggressive manner and Martin was reacting to it... Do you understand my point?

I'm giving you the last word here so we don't go too far off topic.

And your basing all of this on the statements of Zimm. I got news for you, Zimm lies.

Well we know it wasn't at RVC because that's where Z was standing when he said "Back there" and pointed in the direction of the T. I think it was at or before the T based on the elapsed time on the NEN call between exiting the vehicle and the statement and the fact Z claims he was walking, not running or even jogging. Someone on another site did the math on this and taking into account differing walking speeds estimated it happened somewhere between half way to the T and the T.

Just so I'm clear, you are stating then you do not believe Zimmerman reached RVC or even passed the T. You are also claiming you do not believe Zimmerman walked past the T. You are also claiming Zimmerman is not being truthful when he says he didn't see Martin disappear down the T. Correct?

And your basing all of this on the statements of Zimm. I got news for you, Zimm lies.

Prove that opinion. What evidence do you have that Zimmerman lies. That's an absurd statement.

It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with how he was acting, coupled with the burglaries that were occurring in that area around that time.

The race card has become a universal tool that's used to win an argument that's being lost...

It's like playing the card game "war" and putting the joker on the deck as the wild card that beats an Ace... That's how it's being used by people today, but the reality is, an Ace beats all other cards and the game of "war" is not played with a joker.

The point is, the race card no more belongs in this discussion, than the joker does in a game of "war".

How was he acting? Do you remember that map of RTL's that Singleton made for Zimm and had Zimm point where TM was THE FIRST TIME HE SAW HIM?

It was 4-5 houses IN from the cut through.

So if it was a white kid in a polo shirt do you think Z would have made that call? Of course it's about race, it's also about hoodies.

Back
Top Bottom