• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Daddy's Sexism May Influence Daughter's Ambitions.....

There's no guarantee they did. That's up to them. I did my part. I showed them a great time.

No, but since you brought it up, there must have been the possibility.

No, but since you brought it up, there must have been the possibility.

When it comes to sex with me, it's always a possibility. They were just the high-risk crowd.

Of course, that's why I liked 'em so much.

When it comes to sex with me, it's always a possibility. They were just the high-risk crowd.

Of course, that's why I liked 'em so much.

That you believe guilt, shame and regret are a possibility, after running out before morning, assures me my initial emotional response was correct. That it's why you liked them so much, eliminates any doubt.

That you believe guilt, shame and regret are a possibility, after running out before morning, assures me my initial emotional response was correct. That it's why you liked them so much, eliminates any doubt.

They're usually more affectionate than this. :D

Sadly enough for them.

Sounds like daddy made you bitter. Usually they're more than happy with this kind of male attention.

Do I need to put on my Freud glasses? I sense the anger growing inside you.

Sounds like daddy made you bitter. Usually they're more than happy with this kind of male attention.

Do I need to put on my Freud glasses? I sense the anger growing inside you.

Put your glasses, whatever kind they are, away. That they are happy and I'm grossed out, should tell you what I think of your kind of male attention, which I've been quite done with but you can't take the many hints I've posted. So now I've been plain enough. Ciao.

Put your glasses, whatever kind they are, away. That they are happy and I'm grossed out, should tell you what I think of your kind of male attention, which I've been quite done with but you can't take the many hints I've posted. So now I've been plain enough. Ciao.

And we're back to guilt, shame, and regret. Wow, at your age, this is rather regressed.

Hmm. My dad didn't treat me like a girl at all, really. I would get my assed whooped just like any boy would. He expected a lot from all three of us, and since I was the eldest, it expected a ton from me (I was an example, after all). He instilled a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps and don't whine about it" - never to ask anyone for help, because you could only really rely on yourself. Don't trust people, they'll only hurt you.

Yeah, some of it sucked and still does. I'm still suspicious and always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm cynical and disbelieving. HOWEVER, I am very self sufficient, I take care of ALL of my responsibilities and I can stand on my own two feet.

I can also change a flat, jump start a car, change my oil, replace a toilet, start a fire, how to number spark plug wires , and wire a ceiling fan by myself. :lol:

NEW ORLEANS — Dads who have egalitarian ideas about gender — and who walk the talk by doing household chores themselves — have daughters with higher workplace ambitions than less egalitarian fathers do, new research finds.

The research is correlational, so it doesn't prove that fathers' attitudes are the cause their young daughters' work aspirations. But the research may suggest that girls look to their fathers for examples of what is expected of women. Dads' attitudes also predict what kind of play their daughters enjoy.

"Not role models for who they can be, but role models for who they could be with," she said. Thus, girls may learn what's expected of a woman in a relationship from their father.....snip~

Daddy's Sexism May Influence Daughter's Ambitions - Yahoo! News

Yeah Dads!
icon_super.gif

I believe it. I grew up with a Dad who worked long hours, and two jobs at times, just to make ends meet, but he also cooked Sunday evening dinner, and helped out around the house, and was never prone to anger or moodiness. I definitely got my work ethic from him, and my temperament as well. The downside is that he was probably a little too perfect, and not at all what I found in the real world, so my expectations were very unrealistic.

Myself I have always wondered how I would have been, turned out, or be. With the raising of my own daughter. My first marriage was with a woman that had a son and a daughter. I helped to raise those kids for 7and half years. Although I never got in the way of their relationship with their real father. Other than to let him know whatever punishment I gave them that he wasn't going to dismiss my authority nor disrespect my azz. Her son was always close with me even after our Divorce. In which he was always looking to spend time with his brothers. So he would even come during their visitation. But it all stopped after I won Custody of mine. His daughter was always Daddys lil girl and I thought that's how it should be.

Then she had my two sons. Which I raised them all thru the teenage years pretty much on my own. Kept them away from the Bangers and the Thug life. Away from as much of my mistakes I made as I could. Or growing up the way I did. I didn't have parents that could be around to keep me in check and I pretty much grew up out on the streets. So my demeanor and the way I carried myself comes from some of that and then the rest is pretty much from a life in the military.

So I often wonder if I would have been softer, or not as harsh of a critic. More softspoken or more emotional. I think the dynamic of having a daughter would have helped to round me off in temperament. Or something of that nature.

And we're back to guilt, shame, and regret. Wow, at your age, this is rather regressed.

Gina gave you the SMACK down! OUCH! :lamo

Myself I have always wondered how I would have been

So I often wonder if I would have been softer, or not as harsh of a critic. More softspoken or more emotional. I think the dynamic of having a daughter would have helped to round me off in temperament. Or something of that nature.

I do believe that having daughters can sometimes help a father be a little more emotionally sensitive, but I'm not sure if it changes a father's demeanor with his son(s). Imo, what it really amounts to is that fathers need to be a little harder with their sons than with their daughters, just as I believe mothers need to be a little tougher with their girls than with their sons. It seems to come fairly naturally, as I believe that men can see or sense when their sons are being manipulative, as women can see this in their daughters, due to the common identity with their children of the same sex that they are.
I have little doubt that if I had had girls, I would have been more demanding of them in certain ways, than I was with my boys.

Looks like thread providing yet another opportunity for women to complain about their fathers, and talk about how courageous their mothers were.

Looks like thread providing yet another opportunity for women to complain about their fathers, and talk about how courageous their mothers were.

I'm not complaining about my father at all- he was an exemplary father and human being.

I'm not complaining about my father at all- he was an exemplary father and human being.

I'm reading a lot of negative vibes from this thread. Just saying.

In some cases, it was what it was.

But in the realm of actual behavior, dads are key. The fewer gender stereotypes dad holds, the more likely his daughter is to say she wants to work outside the home as an adult. The daughters of egalitarian men are also more likely to have broader, less gendered interests — they're less hemmed in by stereotypes that say girls should only play house or dress in pink. They're equally likely to play with "boy" toys versus "girl" toys, Schmader said.

Dads' behavior mattered too. The more equally dad and mom divided household work, the less stereotypically girly their daughter's behavior.

Nor is it entirely clear why dads seem to hold so much sway over their daughters' gendered behaviors and aspirations while moms aren't as influential. The reason could be that dads still are seen as having a higher status in the household, so girls weigh their opinions more heavily, Schmader told LiveScience. It's also possible that girls see dad as a sort of role model for the type of partner they may end up with one day.

Yup. As I keep trying to point out - dads are important, and bring to their children benefits that only they can.

Back
Top Bottom