• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Daddy why Iraq?

Surenderer said:
Sweet bro I went to a tournament for Shan Shou last year in California (Born to Fight IV) had a friend of mine that got invited (my grapple partner) you guys (Shan Shou) have some nice throwing and pressure point striking.....anyway good to know that about you

Yea but then you and I both know we would never come to blows. Funny how the better you are the less willing to fight.........

Not the same style as mine. Mine is more similar to Jeet Kun Do. I've also studied Tea Kwon Doa, Okinowan Karate and Jeet Kun do. Been doing this for like 25 years so I more or less have Incorporated the best of all into my own style. I call it "Don't go there man".

teacher said:
Yea but then you and I both know we would never come to blows. Funny how the better you are the less willing to fight.........

Not the same style as mine. Mine is more similar to Jeet Kun Do. I've also studied Tea Kwon Doa, Okinowan Karate and Jeet Kun do. Been doing this for like 25 years so I more or less have Incorporated the best of all into my own style. I call it "Don't go there man".

Funny you say Jeet Kuen Do because when I first got to Florida a married a girl who's brother was a Wing Chun Instructor who then taught me Wing Chun for 8 years (longer than the marriage :doh ) I still have a Muk Jong (wooden dummy) in my backyard.....met Paul Vunak (you know him right?) at a seminar once

Thats so very true....and kinda brings me back to topic because it reminds me of why Japan says they would never devolop Nukes.....once one knows and sees the damage that can be caused 1st hand they are less willing to use it

peace

FiremanRyan said:
i gave explanation to some of it, the rest you can find in the hundreds of other identical threads.
I'm sorry that you do not want to share YOUR answers to the questions posed? Reading other people's answers would be the same as reading your answers?

FiremanRyan said:
i gave explanation to some of it, the rest you can find in the hundreds of other identical threads.

But I showed you where Bush actually said that....so it wasnt a lie...now the voices in the head may be tongue and cheek but if someone was non-religous isnt that how they would describe Bush hearing that?

peace

This thread is stupid...that whole conversation between the kid and his father is garbage. Fireman said it all pretty good in his first post.

And I agree all the liberals are trying to gang up on the republicans to make it seem like there are more anit-war people than supporters. The people who are anti-war are people who don't know a thing about what is going on in the world and just want to be heard. That is why all of there arguments are pointless and make no sense. Especially the argument that we're in the war for oil, HAHAHAHA!

Pub31321 said:
This thread is stupid...that whole conversation between the kid and his father is garbage. Fireman said it all pretty good in his first post.

And I agree all the liberals are trying to gang up on the republicans to make it seem like there are more anit-war people than supporters. The people who are anti-war are people who don't know a thing about what is going on in the world and just want to be heard. That is why all of there arguments are pointless and make no sense. Especially the argument that we're in the war for oil, HAHAHAHA!

If you are pro war then go fight it or shut up. Its funny how so many 'pro war' people arent out fighting the war. There sitting at their little computers all comfy and proud. Do you blow your load when you get to see how many soldiers died today? It must be christmas for you every time a bomb goes off. If I was president I would just gas the whole bunch of you for being so heartless. But thats just me.

Are enough people dead yet? No? Lets keep fighting!!!!!

Last edited:
Blah said:
You are an idiot. If you are pro war then go fight it or shut up. Its funny how so many 'pro war' people arent out fighting the war. There sitting at their little computers all comfy and proud. Do you blow your load when you get to see how many soldiers died today? It must be christmas for you every time a bomb goes off. If I was president I would just gas the whole bunch of you for being so heartless. But thats just me.

Are enough people dead yet? No? Lets keep fighting!!!!!

[Moderator mode]
:smash:

Intentional flaming comments and personal attacks will not be tolerated...We have a place on the forum called "The Basement" for you to spew this to yout heart's content...

But refrain from doing so in the public forums...

[/Moderator mode]

no BLAH I don't blow my load over how many people get killed. But the fact is they are dying to protect us and they are dying for something they love...America. Death is unavoidable in war...and these soldiers are dying for something they believe in and I think we should respect them by supporting what they do. Freedom is not free.

And if I could fight I would. If there was a draft and I got drafted tomorrow I would be damn proud to go and fight for my country that I love. If it was up to me I would be over there fighting for something I believe in so strongly but I would never make it through bootcamp and all of the extremely tough things they have to endure over there. That is why these soldiers have all the respect in the world from me because they are doing something that I could never physically do. All of you anti-war punks should feel pretty crappy about yourself because you are basically telling every soldier that I dont support you. Thats a real moral booster right there. You think you are doing these soldiers a favor by protesting the war and wanting them to come home before more are killed when really all you are doing is crushing their moral and their spirit and downgrading the most important thing they may do in their whole lives.

Pub31321 said:
All of you anti-war punks should feel pretty crappy about yourself because you are basically telling every soldier that I dont support you. Thats a real moral booster right there. You think you are doing these soldiers a favor by protesting the war and wanting them to come home before more are killed when really all you are doing is crushing their moral and their spirit and downgrading the most important thing they may do in their whole lives.

I truly have to disagree. I support them in the sense that I want them to be able to live out their lives. This is not the most important thing they will do. That is such a downgrade. Do you really want to die being soldier 178937453892739473? They arent remembered by the government who ships them off. Bush requested cuts in soldier pay. These soldiers risk their lives everyday and they get paid ****. They can get denied to go on leave. You would think that our government could treat them just a little bit better. My heart goes out to the soldiers over there who think they are fighting for a good cause, and who have given everything for a country they love. But I also wish their country would love them back.

ll of you anti-war punks should feel pretty crappy about yourself because you are basically telling every soldier that I dont support you. Thats a real moral booster right there. You think you are doing these soldiers a favor by protesting the war and wanting them to come home before more are killed when really all you are doing is crushing their moral and their spirit and downgrading the most important thing they may do in their whole lives.

Are you saying that I should support my government and any military actions it takes just because it makes the soldiers "feel good"? **** that. I don't need to feel guilty about being against the war. They decided to go to fight in Iraq on their own accord and if it makes them feel good about themself then thats all well and cool for them but as for the people who are against the war.

I'm sure you would love for everyone to "Support their troops" but if I "Supported my troops" ( by the way, Support the troops is nifty propaganda so i don't buy into that ****) and everyone else "supported their troops" basically all we're supporting is our own corrupt administration who have absolutely no ****ing idea what they are doing and who I believe, are gonna get a lot of people killed cause of how inept they are. All your doing by "supporting the troops" is being a tool for politicians who write their own justice and who couldn't give a flying **** about you, me, the soldiers, the Iraqis, or anything else.

As the blood of US soldiers continues to drain into the hot sands of Iraq over the last several days with at least 27 US soldiers killed and the approval rating for his handling of the debacle in Iraq dropping to an all-time low of 38%, Mr. Bush commented from the comforts of his ranch in Crawford, Texas today, "We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq."

Just a two hour drive away in Dallas, at the Veterans for Peace National Convention in Dallas, I'm sitting with a roomful of veterans from the current quagmire.

When asked what he would say to Mr. Bush if he had the chance to speak to him, Abdul Henderson, a corporal in the Marines who served in Iraq from March until May, 2003, took a deep breath and said, "It would be two hits-me hitting him and him hitting the floor. I see this guy in the most prestigious office in the world, and this guy says 'bring it on.' A guy who ain't never been shot at, never seen anyone suffering, saying 'bring it on?' He gets to act like a cowboy in a western movieit's sickening to me."

The other vets with him nod in agreement as he speaks somberlyhis anger seething.

One of them, Alex Ryabov, a corporal in an artillery unit which was in Iraq the first three months of the invasion, asked for some time to formulate his response to the same question.

"I don't think Bush will ever realize how many millions of lives he and his lackeys have ruined on their quest for money, greed and power," he says, "To take the patriotism of the American people for grantedthe fact that people (his administration) are willing to lie and make excuses for you while you continue to kill and maim the youth of America and ruin countless familiesand still manage to do so with a smile on your face."

Taking a deep breath to steady himself he continues as if addressing Bush first-hand; "You needs to resign, take the billions of dollars you've made off the blood and sweat of US service members.all the suffering you've caused us, and put those billions of dollars into the VA to take care of the men and women you sent to be slaughtered. Yet all those billions aren't enough to even try to compensate all the people who have been affected by this."

These new additions to Veterans for Peace are actively living the statement of purpose of the organization, having pledged to work with others towards increasing public awareness of the costs of war, to work to restrain their government from intervening, overtly and covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations and to see justice for veterans and victims of war, among other goals.

I type furiously for three hours, trying to keep up with the stories each of the men shared.about the atrocities of what they saw, and committed, while in Iraq.

Camilo Mejia, an army staff sergeant who was sentenced to a year in military prison in May, 2004 for refusing to return to Iraq after being home on leave, talks openly about what he did there:

"What it all comes down to is redemption for what was done there. I was turning ambulances away from going to hospitals, I killed civilians, I tortured guysand I'm ashamed of that. Once you are there, it has nothing to do with politicsit has to do with you as an individual being there and killing people for no reason. There is no purpose, and now I'm sick at myself for doing these things. I kept telling myself I was there for my buddies. It was a weak reasoningbecause I still shut my mouth and did my job."

Mejia then spoke candidly about why he refused to return:

"It wasn't until I came home that I felt it-how wrong it all was and that I was a coward for pushing my principles aside. I'm trying to buy my way back into heavenand it's not so much what I did, but what I didn't do to stop it when I was there. So now it's a way of trying to undo the evil that we did over there. This is why I'm speaking out, and not going back. This is a painful process and we're going through it."

Camilo Mejia was then quick to point towards the success of his organization and his colleagues. "When I went back to Iraq in October of 2003, the Pentagon said there were 22 AWOL's. Five months later it was 500, and when I got out of jail that number was 5,000. These are the Pentagons' numbers for the military. Two things are significant here-the number went from 500-5,000 in 11 months, and these are the numbers from the Pentagon."

While the military is falling short of its recruitment goals across the board and the disaster in Iraq spiraling deeper into chaos with each passing day, these are little consolation for these men who have paid the price they've had to pay to be at this convention. They continue to pay, but at the same time stand firm in their resolve to bring an end to the occupation of Iraq and to help their fellow soldiers.

Ryabov then begins to tell of his unit firing the wrong artillery rounds which hit 5-10 km from their intended target.

"We have no idea where those rounds fell, or what they hit," he says quietly while two of the men hold their heads in their hands, "Now we've come to these realizations and we're trying to educate people to save them from going through the same thing."

After talking of the use of uranium munitions, of which Ryabov stated 300 tons of which were used in the '91 Gulf War, and 2,200 tons and counting having been used thus far in the current war, he adds, "We were put in a foreign country and fire artillery and kill peopleand it shouldn't have even happened in the first place. It's hard to put into words the full tragedy of it-the death and suffering on both sides. I feel a grave injustice has been done and I'm trying to correct it. You do all these things and come back and think, 'what have we done?' We just rolled right by an Iraqi man with a gunshot in his thigh and two guys near him waving white flags.he probably bled to death."

just a tidbit read it all here

2,200+ tons of uranium ammo on a third world nation lol
imagine if they were up against a formidable enemy
5,000+ awol because it is a illegal war and against all morals and humanity

fat ass bush and his cronies make $ while he sends people to fight
and die so he can make more $
the only US soldiers in IRAQ are the dufus brigade
the only people backing the war 28% of Americans are the dumb as a door knob variety

http://www.rense.com/general67/done.htm

Last edited:
the only US soldiers in IRAQ are the dufus brigade
the only people backing the war 28% of Americans are the dumb as a door knob variety

Gee I sense a bit of moronity here in this bash on the BRAVE men and women that are over in that conflict. I sense that you yourself have NEVER served a day in your life in ANY military service, and I can understand considering that most of them are VOLINTEER,(meaning that you would have to honestly think that you may have to proove your worth to your country by actually believing you may someday be asked to fight for it, at home or abroad) I would rather be considered a DUFUS than a COWARD that hides his oppions behind a keyboard, because he lacks the testicals to acually back his Elected Officals, just because YOU didn't vote for them doesn't mean the other 99.999% of the country didn't. Thats ok dude they're fighting for YOUR right to be a Keyboard General.

Surenderer said:
This has been posted on the Net before but I wonder how the Righties on this board would have responded(for those who dont know this is a conversation between a father and his child)

I'm surprised a lefty would recognize his own child.

Back
Top Bottom