• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cuomo ex-aide accuses scandal-plagued NY governor of pervasive sexual harassment

As posted above by Holbritter, there's a lot going on with the accuser. We should not jump to conclusions. We saw this with the Biden accusations, and thankfully cooler heads prevailed.

Now as to Gov Cuomo, that's another difficult case. I really like the guy, and believe he did a yeoman's job on the pandemic. His press conferences were often spell-binding, poignant, and emphatic, filled with shear human drama.

Cuomo indeed screwed-up the nursing home response. I can live with that. He did a lot of other stuff right, and seemed to attempt to act in the public's best interest. However if he lied & covered-up, as is being claimed, he may have to pay the price. I don't know what that price should be (yet), and I'll wait to see what truth shakes-out of the allegations.

I guess Believe All Women applies only if the public figure isn't a Democrat?

The same way the media was silent about Cuomo sending COVID infected back into senior care facilities from March until AFTER the election. :rolleyes:

Consistent application of 'the rules' clearly not the left's strong suit.

It's now official.

The long knives are out and Cuomo won't last the year.
He certainly will not be president, unless he decides to run as a Republican.

The same way the media was silent about Cuomo sending COVID infected back into senior care facilities from March until AFTER the election. :rolleyes:

Literally from this morning:

From yesterday:

It's like you people are incapable of the simplest tasks. Took me two seconds to find.

You can call it hypocrisy if you like but it's just a simple "tit for tat".

Both sides of the aisle go for the throat whenever they smell blood in the water. Clarence Thomas? Bill Clinton? Al Franken? Donald Trump? Brett Kavanaugh? Countless others?

It's Cuomo's turn.

Thomas was appointed to the SCOTUS. You made Trump POTUS. Kavanaugh was appointed to SCOTUS.

Clinton was impeached.. Franken resigned. Cuomo will probably resign.

When do we get our tat?

I have no reason not to believe them. Investigate away. Just like with Trump, these don't tend to be isolated instances.

Literally from this morning:

From yesterday:

It's like you people are incapable of the simplest tasks. Took me two seconds to find.
This has been going on all week. Better late than never, I suppose.

Doesn't speak to the media silence about Cuomo sending COVD infected back in senior care facilities from March until after the election. 🤷‍♂️

This has been going on all week. Better late than never, I suppose.

Doesn't speak to the media silence about Cuomo sending COVD infected back in senior care facilities from March until after the election. 🤷‍♂️

Wow a conservative complaining about media silence that doesn't exist, how original.

He certainly will not be president, unless he decides to run as a Republican.
I would not vote for him in the primary for president. Of course, that was before the scandals and covid 19 too. I didn't like him as governor, and voted third party the last two elections for governor. On the other hand if the election was even close, considering who the republicans nominated, if it was close, I would have voted for him. The Republican party in NYS is in pretty bad shape, and has been for years.

Thomas was appointed to the SCOTUS. You made Trump POTUS. Kavanaugh was appointed to SCOTUS.

When do we get our tat?

Bill Clinton served both of his terms in full and was not impeached for anything to do, what so ever, with the numerous allegations of sexual misconduct that have been leveled against him. The allegations against Brett Kavanaugh were laughable at BEST and Franken stepped down because he was way to big of a sissy to stand up and defend himself. I'm not familiar with all of the particulars regarding Clarence Thomas so I can't really comment on it either way.

Bill O'Reilly did get canned from Fox News so you can take a little something from that, I guess?

Bill Clinton served both of his terms in full and was not impeached for anything to do, what so ever, with the numerous allegations of sexual misconduct that have been leveled against him.

Whatsoever? He was impeached for lying about what again? Please remind me.

Whatsoever? He was impeached for lying about what again? Please remind me.
Monica wasn't accusing him of sexual harassment/assault, though. If memory serves me correctly, she claimed that she was in love with him.

He was impeached for lying under oath and obstruction of justice. The fact that he was lying about a blow job was incidental.

Monica wasn't accusing him of sexual harassment/assault, though. If memory serves me correctly, she claimed that she was in love with him.

He was impeached for lying under oath and obstruction of justice. The fact that he was lying about a blow job was incidental.

Would he have done either if not for sexual misconduct? Or are you of the opinion that getting a beej from an intern in your place of work is not sexual misconduct?

"Your honor, why are we trying my client for a man's death? The fact that he held the gun and pulled the trigger is incidental."

Would he have done either if not for sexual misconduct? Or are you of the opinion that getting a beej from an intern in your place of work is not sexual misconduct?
You're not being consistent with your original claim. Here it is...

When do we get our tat?

Clinton was not impeached because he abused Monica Lewinsky. His "sin" was lying and obstruction of justice. He totally got away with numerous abuses. Juanita Broaddrick, Leslie Millwee, Paula Jones, and Kathleen Willey have all accused Clinton of sexual assault and/or sexual harassment. He was never held accountable for any of it.

You're not being consistent with your original claim. Here it is...

Clinton was not impeached because he abused Monica Lewinsky. His "sin" was lying and obstruction of justice. He totally got away with numerous abuses. Juanita Broaddrick, Leslie Millwee, Paula Jones, and Kathleen Willey have all accused Clinton of sexual assault and/or sexual harassment. He was never held accountable for any of it.
Clinton raped half of Arkansas.

As much as I don't like Cuomo - either one of them - I'm skeptical of "harassment" complaints that consist of "some time ago he said something that seemed creepy to me like he was interested in an affair with me" stories. None I've read seem like that big a deal. Bosses do have affairs with employees - both male and female bosses - and sometimes they even marry - or have an affair with that married boss - maybe hoping to steal him away from his wife.

Until I start reading either about actual illegal touching or "have sex with me or you're fired," just doesn't seem that big a deal - or any reason to believe it or really care either way.

With Lewinsky it was consensual so where is the misconduct?
Generally speaking when a powerful executive fools around with a young intern, it is misconduct due to the power differential in the relationship. Similar to psychiatrists or doctors sleeping with patients or professors sleeping with students. When you employ someone and have power over them coercion becomes consent rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom