• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cuomo ex-aide accuses scandal-plagued NY governor of pervasive sexual harassment

Jack Fabulous

Friend Zone
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Lindsey Boylan, the former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser to the governor, said Cuomo constantly sought her out and had staffers arrange meetings with her, where he made inappropriate comments.

"Let’s play strip poker," Boylan said Cuomo remarked on a flight from an event in October 2017, according to an essay she wrote on Medium, published Wednesday.

In another encounter, Boylan said Cuomo arranged through a handler to meet her in his Albany office, where she reluctantly agreed to go. She said he gave her a tour of his office, "smirked" and showed off a cigar box he said was given to him by former President Bill Clinton while he served as the secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

It's now official.

The long knives are out and Cuomo won't last the year.

1. This behavior should never be tolerated by anyone
2. Conservatives posting a Fox news article about this are disingenuous considering who they support
And considering the corporate culture of sexual harrassmant that has been pervasive at Fox over the years.

As far as Cuomo... he should be shit-canned for this if it pans out but moreso, he should go to jail for the nursing home fiasco if that cover-up is what it appears to be.

A corrupt, morally compromised major of NYC!??? Shocking.

Well he's gone. Hopefully he doesn't fall off the cliff and become a nutter personal attorney for Trump, lol.

Her again? She's a nut.

The Post reports Boylan voluntarily resigned her state job in 2018 amid scrutiny of her own conduct in the workplace — including $8,000 worth of travel expenses accumulated before reconciliation and allegations she harassed others. Three Black employees complained to human resources officials, accusing Boylan, who is white, of being a “bully” who “treats them like children,” according to an internal memo.

Lindsey Boylan’s accusation that Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed her appears to have had an unintended consequence.
Her communications consultant has left Boylan’s campaign for Manhattan borough president, and, according to a source, Boylan’s handling of the accusations against Cuomo was “the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

The records, which are dated September 2018 and obtained by the Daily News, show that at least two state officials requested Boylan be “removed” from the payroll and the office for requesting the resignation of an employee without authorization and for ordering around colleagues who did not report to her.
“Additional concerns” raised in the records included her treatment of three African-American women, who reported that Boylan treated them “like children” and bullied them.
“One employee left work today after hearing that L. Boylan had requested that she provide her with administrative support,” the report states. “This same employee took time off earlier in the year to deal with health effects related to her interactions with L. Boylan.”

Holy shit....do you know what this means?

Quick...we have to find out if Ted Cruz puts ketchup on his steaks!!!!!!!! Or if he ever failed to tip a waiter 20%!!!!! Something...give us SOMETHING to talk about other than Cuomo!!!!!!!

And considering the corporate culture of sexual harrassmant that has been pervasive at Fox over the years.

As far as Cuomo... he should be shit-canned for this if it pans out but moreso, he should go to jail for the nursing home fiasco if that cover-up is what it appears to be.
What about NBC? Remember Matt Lauer and Andy Lack? Pretty sick stuff.

Lack came under fire after Ronan Farrow’s book “Catch and Kill” accused NBC executives of killing his initial expose of Harvey Weinstein.

NY AG reportedly probing NBC News over sexual assault claims

As posted above by Holbritter, there's a lot going on with the accuser. We should not jump to conclusions. We saw this with the Biden accusations, and thankfully cooler heads prevailed.

Now as to Gov Cuomo, that's another difficult case. I really like the guy, and believe he did a yeoman's job on the pandemic. His press conferences were often spell-binding, poignant, and emphatic, filled with shear human drama.

Cuomo indeed screwed-up the nursing home response. I can live with that. He did a lot of other stuff right, and seemed to attempt to act in the public's best interest. However if he lied & covered-up, as is being claimed, he may have to pay the price. I don't know what that price should be (yet), and I'll wait to see what truth shakes-out of the allegations.

Quick...we have to find out if Ted Cruz puts ketchup on his steaks!!!!!!!! Or if he ever failed to tip a waiter 20%!!!!! Something...give us SOMETHING to talk about other than Cuomo!!!!!!!
Ketchup on steaks is a sin that ranks up there with ordering steak well-done.

Bad timing on your part buddy. No one on the left here is supporting Cuomo.

1. This behavior should never be tolerated by anyone
2. Conservatives posting a Fox news article about this are disingenuous considering who they support
What about this story or me posting it is disingenuous?

A corrupt, morally compromised major of NYC!??? Shocking.

Well he's gone. Hopefully he doesn't fall off the cliff and become a nutter personal attorney for Trump, lol.

Donald Trump. Giuliani. Cuomo. I am going to say it now: There should be a law passed barring any citizen of New York from running for the Presidency for at least the next 20 years until their act is cleaned up. There must be something in the water there that makes people go bad.

Donald Trump. Giuliani. Cuomo. I am going to say it now: There should be a law passed barring any citizen of New York from running for the Presidency for at least the next 20 years until their act is cleaned up. There must be something in the water there that makes people go bad.
Or are New Yorkers just born bad? I say we cut NYC off of America with that space laser and kick it out to sea just to be safe.
lol

Or are New Yorkers just born bad? I say we cut NYC off of America with that space laser and kick it out to sea just to be safe.
lol

Well lets not go nuts here. New York is a fantastic money-making state and city. We should keep their tax revenue money. Just not allow New Yorkers into the President's club.

Last edited:
Cuomo ex-aide accuses scandal-plagued NY governor of pervasive sexual harassment

Isn't nature something?

When a weakness is perceived the exploration begins. Like a lion feasting on a gimp hog.

Probably the most powerful city in the world. Wanting a power political position there I'm sure attracts a lot of the wrong kind of people.

lol
I say we make states out of each of the 5 boroughs.

Her again? She's a nut.

The Post reports Boylan voluntarily resigned her state job in 2018 amid scrutiny of her own conduct in the workplace — including $8,000 worth of travel expenses accumulated before reconciliation and allegations she harassed others. Three Black employees complained to human resources officials, accusing Boylan, who is white, of being a “bully” who “treats them like children,” according to an internal memo.

Lindsey Boylan’s accusation that Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed her appears to have had an unintended consequence.
Her communications consultant has left Boylan’s campaign for Manhattan borough president, and, according to a source, Boylan’s handling of the accusations against Cuomo was “the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

The records, which are dated September 2018 and obtained by the Daily News, show that at least two state officials requested Boylan be “removed” from the payroll and the office for requesting the resignation of an employee without authorization and for ordering around colleagues who did not report to her.
“Additional concerns” raised in the records included her treatment of three African-American women, who reported that Boylan treated them “like children” and bullied them.
“One employee left work today after hearing that L. Boylan had requested that she provide her with administrative support,” the report states. “This same employee took time off earlier in the year to deal with health effects related to her interactions with L. Boylan.”

She's a bit of a character, but we'll have to see where all of this goes. If true, then this is an addition to the current scandal, and now that there's blood in the water, there may be other things that surface.

Probably the most powerful city in the world. Wanting a power political position there I'm sure attracts a lot of the wrong kind of people.
Very close to it. I heard a statistic that the economy of New York City alone is just a little less than Canada. That’s a lot of dough.

Well there's also Theodore Roosevelt and FDR....
:)

Back
Top Bottom