• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Criticism rains down on Trump after he cancels visit to WWI cemetery due to...WEATHER???

French army trolls Trump with picture of them training in rain | The Guardian

Using the hashtag #MondayMotivation, they posted a picture of a soldier training, with the caption: “Il y a de la pluie, mais c’est pas grave [it is raining, but it is not serious].”

Dryn_IZWkAA1xpk.jpg

https://twitter.com/Zdendas1/status/1061365890111938568/photo/1

Last edited:
Huh...so, ol' Bone Spurs has managed to find a new way to shirk his military duty - forget combat, this time it was...the rain? I understand his hair situation might make for an awkward moment, but it's Aisne-Marne American Cemetery on Remembrance Day. Besides...I thought he liked things...wait for it...Stormy. ;)

slow-clap-my-friend-slow-clap.jpg

I think it's a shame Trump couldn't make it, but I'm not his security and logistics team. If they said it was not enough time to put together properly safe ground transport, I believe them.
Cause you know, helicopters cant fly in the rain. The Army and marines never ever fly their choppers in the rain,

Never been done before!

The choppers are made of paper mache in order to save weight. The rain would make them dissolve, putting the president at risk. Surely the American people can understand the need for safety

The choppers are made of paper mache in order to save weight. The rain would make them dissolve, putting the president at risk. Surely the American people can understand the need for safety

Well said. Helicopters can fly just fine in the rain. Even if they couldn't, there's this thing called a motorcade and they're equipped with this thing called "windshield wipers". Why can't Trumpettes admit what's in front of their face?

He doesn't care about anything the world created to stop the nationalism responsible for two world wars. He doesn't care for the leaders of our allies who helped end them. But Russia? Now there's a country we can all do business with, or at least Trump and his family can...

Last edited:
Huh...so, ol' Bone Spurs has managed to find a new way to shirk his military duty - forget combat, this time it was...the rain? I understand his hair situation might make for an awkward moment, but it's Aisne-Marne American Cemetery on Remembrance Day. Besides...I thought he liked things...wait for it...Stormy. ;)

https://globalnews.ca/news/4651220/trump-cemetery-visit-cancelled-rain/

All jokes and Monday morning hilarity aside, I find myself wondering how his supporters, especially those who were in the military, feel about this. Especially since your favorite "twinkle toes" to hate, Justin Trudeau, did make it out in the rain to his commitments. Ouch.

FAKE NEWS. trump did turn up to the memorial service - despite the rain. Here's a photo to prove it.TRUMP IN THE RAIN.jpg

Cause you know, helicopters cant fly in the rain. The Army and marines never ever fly their choppers in the rain,

Of course helicopters don't fly in the rain. And people don't drive in the rain either.

Thanks for a much needed chuckle.

Or when he mocks vets? or disrespects the families of fallen heroes?

trump has never mocked or disrespected vets or the families of fallen heroes. he has a purple heart you know. Some deranged trump supporter gave him his purple heart a few years ago - probably for a few dollars.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4651220/trump-cemetery-visit-cancelled-rain/

All jokes and Monday morning hilarity aside, I find myself wondering how his supporters, especially those who were in the military, feel about this. Especially since your favorite "twinkle toes" to hate, Justin Trudeau, did make it out in the rain to his commitments. Ouch.
Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
-- Mark Twain​

CoS Kelly and CJCS Dunford managed to make it to the cemetery. You can see them in the video below.

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly John Kelly laid a wreath in honour of those who died in World War I at Aisne-Marne cemetery in France on Saturday.

Other heads of state as well as John Kelly and Jon Dunford managed to make it to the cemetery, despite the rain.....

It's worth noting too that other POTUSes have even managed to visit our troops in war zones, something else Trump hasn't done.

1. [*=1]FDR visits Casablanca as Allied forces assault Tripoli, January 1943 Casablanca-Conference Franklin D. Roosevelt at the Casablanca Conference
    [*=1]FDR visits the Mediterranean island of Malta to confer with Winston Churchill, February 1945
    [*=1]Roosevelt meets Stalin and Churchill at Yalta, February 1945
    [*=1]Ike goes to Korea, December 1952
    [*=1]LBJ stops in Cam Ranh Bay, South Vietnam, 1966
    [*=1]LBJ returns to Cam Ranh Bay, South Vietnam, 1967
    [*=1]Nixon visits in Saigon, South Vietnam, July 1969
    [*=1]Reagan stops at the Korean DMZ for lunch, November 1983
    [*=1]Bush 41 drops in for Thanksgiving with U.S. troops during Desert Shield, 1990
    [*=1]Clinton with U.S. troops at Camp Casey, South Korea, 1993
    [*=1]Clinton visits U.S. troops in Bosnia, January 1996
    [*=1]Clinton returns to Bosnia in December 1997 to visit NATO and U.S. troops
    The president was accompanied by his wife and child, along with former Senator Bob Dole (Clinton defeated Dole in the 1996 election) and his wife Elizabeth, for the holiday visit with the troops.
    [*=1]Bush 43 grabs chow with the troops in South Korea, 2002
    [*=1]Bush 43 surprises troops in Iraq, November 2003 (Thanksgiving day)
    [*=1]Bush 43 returns to South Korea, Osan Air Base, 2005
    [*=1]Bush 43 visits Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan, March 2006
    [*=1]Bush 43 visits troops in Baghdad, June 2006
    [*=1]Bush 43 visits Al-Anbar province, Iraq, September 2007
    [*=1]Bush 43 returns to South Korea, August 2008
    [*=1]Bush 43 makes one last stop in Iraq, December 2008
    [*=1]Obama stops in Iraq to see the troops, April 2009
    [*=1]Obama stops into Osan Air Base, South Korea, November 2009
    [*=1]Obama makes his first stop at Bagram Air Base, December 2010
    [*=1]Obama visits the DMZ, South Korea, March 2012
    [*=1]Obama makes his second trip to Afghanistan, May 2012
    [*=1]Obama visits Yongsan Garrison, South Korea 2014
    [*=1]Obama makes a trip to Afghanistan, May 2014

Like so much of what Trump says, his honor and respect for our troops and veterans is nothing but lip service uttered to abet his political fortunes. Simply put, Trump doesn't give a wet rat's ass about veterans, poor or "regular" people, or anyone else other than himself, and maybe his immediate family.

I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts.
-- John Locke, An Essay Concerning Human Understanding

Ok, I will have to say that's a lame ass excuse. It was pouring rain a couple months back, but I was still able to go to where I needed to go.

trump has never mocked or disrespected vets or the families of fallen heroes. he has a purple heart you know. Some deranged trump supporter gave him his purple heart a few years ago - probably for a few dollars.

He has openly and publicly mocked veterans and disrespected the families of fallen soldiers. The video and tweets are public record. It really isn't disputable.

"But Stormy he has a purple harton"

"I know - a very tiny one"

Back
Top Bottom