• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid surging in Europe, falling in Sweden

Curious, so you believe merely mentioning anything bad that happened must be celebrating it.

So when you mention riots, you are celebrating riots. I know, you think it's the opposite. You think you're condemning riots, but that's not how it works now.

Holy ****! HAHAHA that’s perfect. Trix and cons on the board have been celebrating rioting. Perfect.

View attachment 67295099

Remember when this cover was controversial? 100k dead Americans ago.

EhwKxnbWoAEhViZ

Pretty sure they could have, by announcement, and fining the few who tried to sneak in.
They have the legal right.

Good you tell us all how a state could have QUARANTINED itself in this country. I am all ears.

Talk to your friends that travel as much as mine do and ask them how often they are asked upon entry to a state where their travel originated from. Good luck with that. We can't even get that right.

Last edited:

He’s going to be viewed as one of the greatest villains in American history. He should be proud. We are a young democracy but just old enough for that title to mean something.

Isn't that we are doing with the exception of the tRumpets?

Mask, distance, stay out of enclosed large gathering?

I dont know what kind of circles you hang in, but if its only Trump supporters not wearing masks, then Trump is going to get a lot of minority votes in my area.

What about the functionally retarded among us? I'm referring to QAnon types, of course. They are a public health risk. What should be done?

I dont know wtf you are talking about

Still dancing on the graves of the dead, I see.

your boy caused 10s of thousands of extra deaths (by lying and ridiculing people who took safety measures) and you have a problem with a message board poster.

what is wrong with you?

He’s going to be viewed as one of the greatest villains in American history...

yep

and tons of these Trump Republicans will swear they didn't vote for him.

COVID Deaths...

5,846 - Sweden
337 - Finland
265 - Norway

Trump's fault. Don't know how, but the left will blame him for it.

Trump's fault. Don't know how, but the left will blame him for it.

You don't know how. Slo downplaying COVID and lying about the threat it represented simply had no impact.

You know, I have no idea why anybody would want the job of President of the United States. You have no power. Nobody listens to you. It is a meaningless, powerless position.The occupant of the WH apparently has no impact or influence on anything. Ah-huh.

Tell Donnie that the next time he wants to cover himself glory about the economy. Of wait, that is screwed too.

For the record, Trump continues to hold super-spreader event rallies, one after the other after the other and let's not use street protests in comparison as most of those people mask up and they are not sponsored by a major Party or candidate anyway. These super-spreader rallies are brought to you by the Donald Trump Campaign and the RNC.

Last edited:
Coronavirus in Europe: Infections surge in France, Germany and Spain - BBC News

Despite masking up, Europe is see a new surge in cases, while cases are falling in Sweden (which never shut down). It’s possible Sweden took the best approach we will not know for a while yet.

As I have said from the beginning, it is possible that a steady controlled spread might turn out to be better than lockdowns.

I think it is still too early to say, this is a new deal thing the modern world has not really experienced. It is a learning experience. What works for one country might not work for another. Rational people should at least consider this. But political loyalties have tainted every topic under the sun.

Sweden may end up with more deaths from Covid but the difference might not be so drastic if other coutries “catch up” to them To a degree. But, on the flip side, they may have saved lives from not locking down and at the end of the day better off.

At some point our attitudes were directed to change from "flatten the curve" to "not one case is acceptable".

While the leftist media can tout a jump in cases, thankfully they have no control over the mutation that happened to Covid over the summer.

It got substatianlly less deadly.

At some point our attitudes were directed to change from "flatten the curve" to "not one case is acceptable".

While the leftist media can tout a jump in cases, thankfully they have no control over the mutation that happened to Covid over the summer.

You have absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. There is however evidence that Donnie Boy does not care how many people die as he continues to pursue his failed strategy of trying to work around the virus instead of through it. We have close to 200,000 deaths ( a long way from "one case"), the economy is on the rocks, there are businesses that will likely not return, people losing jobs and about to lose their homes and the entire failed federal program of COVID response now headed into the fall flu season unabated.

Oh and lets not forget Climate Change Denier Donald's utter ignorance when it comes to the Climate Change impact on the huge Western fires, farm belt floods and storms and larger and more frequent hurricanes all exacerbating our COVID mess.

We have no way of knowing how many corona virus deaths there have been globally, or how many cases.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to comment. That, btw, is why I used the word 'About'. Reducing the value to 20 or even 10% does little to change the conclusion that the US has not done very well in saving American lives from the Covid-19 pandemic.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

hang on.

did you just say that COVID became less deadly (over the summer) to the people that it had been killing before (older/conditions/etc)????

i think what you're really trying to say is our medical community was given some time, caught up and now know what things to do to try to keep more people alive.

science.

Than the average American. The Swedes actually have a Healthcare Management system. We have a Disease Treatment System. The two are not comparable.

I was talking about general health!!! exercise, weight, food intake, AMOUNT OF FOOD INTAKE. Those characteristics are independent of the healthcare system.

I was talking about general health!!! exercise, weight, food intake, AMOUNT OF FOOD INTAKE. Those characteristics are independent of the healthcare system.

Which in large part defines much of the difference between what one gets out of a Healthcare Management System vs a Disease Treatment System.

The Medical community does next to NOTHING in this country to maintain our health. There is no money in it. We would do just as well to call it the Medical/Insurance Industrial Complex since it is much like the Military Industrial Complex. The big money is in allowing the food industry to promote crap diets while not even lifting an eyebrow and turning a blind eye to crap health habits, then heading to the repair shop (the hospital) for major repairs to fix the broken stuff.

Gee isn't it odd that big Pharma simply turned out to be your corner drug dealer on a grand scale.

My flotilla of Doctors don't even blink an eye any longer when I flat out tell them I simply don't trust them any longer. Oh they will TRY to do what they do within the limits of how Medicine has developed in this country which means they do what the Insurance companies tells them to do. Gotta' keep those money wheels churning don't ya' know.

Why do we think there is no money in being a GP any longer?

If you are young, poor and desperately ill, you will get treatment because we have a Disease Treatment System in this country and we are way into Medical Research here. The downside is that you are young, poor and desperately ill. Not a great place to be. Beyond that prepare to spend everything you earned and saved over a lifetime even after insurance in this country.

Last edited:
No, Im not.

It's pretty wild. Picture superhero fan-fiction written by a twelve year old, where they write their own stories about their favorite superhero and self-insert into the story because they too are just amazing. Instead of a superhero, though, it's Donald Trump. Trump is a secret superspy hero working with the military to destroy the satanist/atheist/pedophile/child sacrificing cult of the DEEEP STAAATE. He's got it all worked out, everything he says that seems to be dumb on its face is actually a secret message to his followers. All the bad guys in the entire world are going to get rounded up for a (totally constitutional I swear) military tribunal, but it has to happen all at once or else the super powerful Deep State will stop them. Don't worry, it's totally going to happen soon. Like those doomsday predictors, they hint at specific dates and then just change them every time it comes around. The self-insert hero is "Q." He's secretly communicating with Donald Trump via elaborate codes to avoid detection by the Deep State. He's inside the government too, in a position to know all about these Illuminati-level plots, but he has to maintain cover. But he can anonymously relay the situation to the Q-followers via internet message boards. So he writes the stories... on internet message boards. Anonymously.

Only now imagine that there are thousands of people who think every single word of it is true because they read it on an anonymous message board.

You don't know how. Slo downplaying COVID and lying about the threat it represented simply had no impact.

You know, I have no idea why anybody would want the job of President of the United States. You have no power.
If that's the case, then why do leftists all blame him for everything from acne to sunspots?

Tell Donnie that the next time he wants to cover himself glory about the economy. Of wait, that is screwed too.
Yeah, 'cause a global pandemic had NOTHING to do with that. What a stupid premise.

For the record, Trump continues to hold super-spreader event rallies, one after the other after the other and let's not use street protests in comparison as most of those people mask up and they are not sponsored by a major Party or candidate anyway. These super-spreader rallies are brought to you by the Donald Trump Campaign and the RNC.
Actually, most of them ARE masked up. Too bad the media won't publish those photos. However, I HAVE seen quite a few riot videos of people without masks. Quite a few. Thousands in very close proximity.

Anyway, Saint Fauci (yes, the leftists seem to hang on his every word) has come out on numerous occasions saying that masks don't help that much. Especially when worn with the nose uncovered, like most rioters do. I guess it's hard to breathe through a mask when you're chucking molotovs into Mom & Pop shops and all.

If that's the case, then why do leftists all blame him for everything from acne to sunspots?

Once again proving that Trumpets are SO STUPID they can't even recognize sarcasm.

Yeah, 'cause a global pandemic had NOTHING to do with that. What a stupid premise.

Trump ignoring and playing down (his own words) COVID has had PLENTY to do with it, Trump publicly called it a HOAX mere days after telling Woodward how dangerous it was. He has at best sent mixed messages about masking up and distancing contrary to the community of Scientists and at worst been downright dismissive of masking up and distancing clear up to TODAY when he knew on Feb. 7th that COVID was airborne.

So you can play with your little quote blocks till hell freezes over. You are just playing with yourself. That said, it must have taken awhile to learn how to key with one hand.

COVID Deaths...

5,846 - Sweden
337 - Finland
265 - Norway

And conservatives say Sweden had the right idea.

It's because they're in a death cult.

Back
Top Bottom