• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid psychosis

and likely about control for political purposes.
Pure conspiracy theory nonsense.
Just like childhood vaccinations we get before entering school are "all about control".
You guys have positions now that are so stupid it hurts to imagine how you actually write them or believe them.

Just like childhood vaccinations we get before entering school are "all about control".
You guys have positions now that are so stupid it hurts to imagine how you actually write them or believe them.
That premise always confounds me given that societies work because there are a wide variety of controls so we're not in some anarchistic environment where everyone is doing what they want regardless of impact to others. We've had examples of governments placing restrictions during crises to prevent certain outcomes, so it's not as if this is without precedent. The argument of people making their own decisions doesn't work well when the consequences of those decisions impact others in society; infectious diseases have consequences that reach beyond just the individual's choice. I suspect that even in the face of government not taking action to mitigate a disease, any given society will feature a bifurcation of those who take their own preventative measures and those who don't.

Riddle me this Batman. Did the childhood vaccines we had a kids need boosters every few months to hopefully achieve 15-20% success, or didn't they actually work? Please refresh my memory on that?

So, no NOT THE SAME thing.

And yet here I am, a person who is vaccinated, boosted, but feels that individuals ought to be able to make their OWN personal risk vs reward determinations about their own health and their own bodies, especially young healthy people who have never had any appreciable risk in the first place, many who now have a natural immunity after being infected and then recovered.

Oh, but I'm some "conspiracy loon". Sorry, you failed to make that one stick. Anti mandate is not that same as anti vaccination.

It stems from the same irrational fear which we also see with people afraid of legal gun owners; afraid of climate change; and who believe banning plastic straws in their own homes somehow stops China and India from dumping billions of tons of pollution into the ocean. Their one bamboo toothbrush, or their wearing a face diaper FOREVER is a signal of their "virtue"---which is actually some screwy libtard type of religion.

Liberals clearly have some malfunctioning switches in their brains. Always about the feeling, and far less about the thinking part of the brain.
Stereotyping nonsense.

Demeaning others one disagrees with reinforces perceived rationale for hatred. The mistake here is cherry-picking some bad traits and projecting them upon an entire class of people one doesn't even know.

And it is a small-minded mistake, which clouds better judgement. All hatred is wrong, as are any manufactured reasons for it.

All liberals are no more alike than all conservatives are. There are good people and bad on both sides.

Hatred is wrong. Forgiveness is golden. Peace is possible with love and understanding.

Joy Bayheart or whatever her name is says she's wearing a mask forever. I'll hold back on commenting on her ugly mug and how this could be a good thing. In my own family my liberal sister in law first wouldn't go anywhere without a mask, then a double mask and now she's a complete shut in. Never leaves her house and says she won't for two years. Some people have completely lost their minds with this covid hysteria. You see it in here constantly with irrational fear that clouds any logical thinking. Maybe you'd just be better off if you were a covid statistic. Just sayin.
Logical thinking does not advocate that American citizens become 'a COVID statistic.' A better description would be demented thinking advocates that.

Personal anecdotes are very poor arguments when projected to the level of national politics.

Pretending to 'hold back' commenting on something and then commenting on it is disingenuous.

Since America has done so poorly in the pandemic compared to other nations, a greater problem than irrational over-compliance is noncompliance. Transmission levels and deaths in America never needed to reach so high, and they would not have if more people complied with government recommendations.

It is tremendously troubling to watch so many people so casually disregard the safety and lives of others.

Well guess what, I am vaccinated and boosted, so not sure if you are calling me a covidiot or not? I'm not anti vaccination, I am anti mandate. I have always advocated for individuals to make their OWN decisions for themselves, and not to worry about what others do or do not do.

Early on before vaccines I would wear a mask (N95 vented) to protect ME if I thought I needed to, or if going to a pharmacy or doctors office as a mask was the only way to get inside. After vaccinations I sometimes had to wear a mask to go to a doctors office, but I stopped complying with that mandate everywhere else, or frequented businesses or counties where they left making up to individuals and not a mandate.

I have posted here many posts about my observations on mask hysteria for two years. Especially how a place dogmatically demands a mask to enter, but then as soon as you enter you notice how 25-30% of the people "complying" with mask rules, have those masks BELOW their noses, some below their chins, and many of them EMPLOYEES. Therefore I stopped playing a silly game with masks. I don't wear one, and then laugh at people in fear of me, while saying NOTHING about the person standing next to them with a mask below the nose.

Ironic idiocy is how I describe face diaper people today.
If you are up to date with your vaccines you are disqualified from membership in the covidiot gang.
However it’s not a valid choice not to fulfill your social responsibility and get vaccinated. No one has the right to endanger others without their permission. No one has the right to refuse to get vaccinated and thereby take up valuable hospital resources from people who deserve it when all that is needed to avoid it is taking a safe and effective vaccine.
If you don’t want to get vaccinated STAY HOME!

Since America has done so poorly in the pandemic compared to other nations,
Like Africa with extremely low vaccination rates and extremely low covid fatalities?

A poor comparison. Fewer old people, more remote settings, less New York City style crowding.
Does anyone here actually believe statistics coming out of Africa?

Joy Bayheart or whatever her name is says she's wearing a mask forever. I'll hold back on commenting on her ugly mug and how this could be a good thing. In my own family my liberal sister in law first wouldn't go anywhere without a mask, then a double mask and now she's a complete shut in. Never leaves her house and says she won't for two years. Some people have completely lost their minds with this covid hysteria. You see it in here constantly with irrational fear that clouds any logical thinking. Maybe you'd just be better off if you were a covid statistic. Just sayin.
It isn't a partisan thing. I don't care for Behar but agree with her that I also have no problem wearing a mask indefinitely. The only hysterics I come across are conservatives, exceptions like myself noted, if you really want to go that route.
We are inconvenienced every day by following society's standards. A face covering is no big deal.

is there a post to this post, thread?
or
do you just want to voice your intolerance for folks different than you?

a friend wants to know

LOL!

How you would define "unhinged" is laughable to me. Yeah, I'm "unhinged" because I won't wear a face diaper and stand on my head just to make you FEEL better, after we all know that face diapers have very limited benefit. And in terms of the 900,000 who died, most of those were unhealthy, often obese, who most had made poor health choices for themselves long before covid became a thing. So, maybe apply an ounce of reason to those stats, not that you ever will.

Childish and ignorant post

Real TRump like.

If you are up to date with your vaccines you are disqualified from membership in the covidiot gang.
But, but, but..... what happens when being defined as "fully vaccinated" means having additional boosters every 5 months FOREVER? Would you than consider those who do not wish to keep doing that "covidiots"? People who may not wish to unnaturally turn their T cells lazy and unable to ever fend off any other infections later on?

Why do you call people idiots who may at some point have legitimate concerns. Like the PREGNANT nurse who was told either take the vaccine or you are fired, without her employer even considering any reasonable alternative for her and her concerns for her fetus. What happened to "my body my choice"?

However it’s not a valid choice not to fulfill your social responsibility and get vaccinated.

Malarky! I owe YOU no social responsibility whatsoever if that means I am not entitled to my OWN personal body integrity and choice. None.

YOUR responsibility is for you to keep yourself safe how you see fit for you. Not me to keep you safe. Get vaccinated, boosted, or wear 10 masks if you feel it keeps you safe, I won't tell you you can't do that.

No one has the right to endanger others without their permission.
What "danger"? I mean really? I already conceded that at hospitals and nursing homes around vulnerable people, SOME of this is reasonable. But I was recently yelled at by a psycho woman when I was outdoors walking and she crossed the street to get in my face and holler at me for being "selfish" not wearing a mask. I know she thinks other people are a "danger" to her, she is clearly insane.

Or how about this silly game: In order to enter a restaurant you MUST have a mask on to enter or you will not be served. But as soon as you are seated (you and your group), you can remove your mask and keep it off for well over an hour, INDOORS, and nobody feels like you are endangering them. But then get up to walk to the restroom and forget to put on your paper diaper mask, and somebody then at another table, they not wearing a mask either (because they sitting and that allowed) may call YOU selfish and endangering them because I guess what? Masks are magic if you are standing, but not needed if sitting?

This kind of stuff is nuts. So, not playing that game.

No one has the right to refuse to get vaccinated and thereby take up valuable hospital resources from people who deserve it when all that is needed to avoid it is taking a safe and effective vaccine.
If you really believe that then why not deny smokers medical resources? How about obese people who are addicted to sodapop and junk food? Going to send them away too? How about people who are injured riding motorcycles, or other more risky activities, should we deny them medical resources because in someone's opinion they are not being as "safe" as you want?

If you don’t want to get vaccinated STAY HOME!
How about this: If YOU are so afraid of catching covid then YOU stay home where you will be safe, and then don't worry about other people and their choices!

Sound like a deal?

Less than 1% of people who were infected with covid ever needed to go to a hospital. That is for all covid. Virtually NOBODY ended up needing hospitalization with omicron who were vaccinated (which means like YOU), then why are YOU still making demands on others I ask?

It's nutty talk. Pure idiot prose.

Childish and ignorant post

Real TRump like.
Then how about you post a Obama, Newsom, or AOC type post about masks, and then I will post the photos of them ignoring the very mandates they demand of you, but not for themselves.

I didn't vote for Trump and yet on masks he is at least not a hypocrite elitist like the left has been. Trump never wears a mask, but doesn't demand other who do take theirs off. At least he is consistent when your heroes are not. Why is that?

Malarky! I owe YOU no social responsibility whatsoever if that means I am not entitled to my OWN personal body integrity and choice. None.
This is why school is so important. It teaches one the mutual responsibilities and obligation we have as members of sociaty. To each other, to ourselves.

It stems from the same irrational fear which we also see with people afraid of legal gun owners

This fella here was a "legal gun owner". Hmmmmm.
Key word there being "was" I guess.

Legal gun owners are gnarlee bitchin'!!:rolleyes:

cho.jpeg

Then how about you post a Obama, Newsom, or AOC type post about masks, and then I will post the photos of them ignoring the very mandates they demand of you, but not for themselves.
How is this of any relevance?

It's not. Just an FYI.

Peace

But, but, but..... what happens when being defined as "fully vaccinated" means having additional boosters every 5 months FOREVER? Would you than consider those who do not wish to keep doing that "covidiots"?
Yes. They would be covidiots. It’s possible that vaccines may be required at various intervals to protect the society in which you live from even more deadly variants.
There are no “legitimate concerns “ any more about the vaccines. Millions of doses have been given and they have proven to be extremely safe. There is only one legitimate reason not to be vaccinated if you are eligible: severe allergy to one of the components of the vaccine. That’s it.
Since being vaccinated reduces the chance of infection as well as transmission getting vaccinated fulfills your obligation to society. Too bad if you think it’s all about ME ME ME ME. You are wrong. It’s incredibly selfish for one to believe that you have zero social responsibility. In fact, you do.
So wear a mask when required. And for those who aren’t vaccinated stay the hell home and let us normal people grapple with the pandemic.

This is why school is so important. It teaches one the mutual responsibilities and obligation we have as members of sociaty. To each other, to ourselves.
Do you actually believe that values are really taught in schools over by parents?

You would label me a menace to society and enemy of society, me a person who has NEVER committed more than a minor traffic offense. I pay my taxes, I provided for my own family WITHOUT any taxpayer help; a contributing member of society. But because I (a person vaccinated AND boosted) is unwilling to agree with your insistence on overreaching covid policies, somehow that makes ME a danger to "society"??????? WTF?

This is exactly why the liberal progressive are causing a shift away from the Democrats as we speak. You went too far, and just like in Canada, and other places, reasonable people are not buying your bullshit and pushing back.

Do you actually believe that values are really taught in schools over by parents?

You would label me a menace to society and enemy of society, me a person who has NEVER committed more than a minor traffic offense. I pay my taxes, I provided for my own family WITHOUT any taxpayer help; a contributing member of society. But because I (a person vaccinated AND boosted) is unwilling to agree with your insistence on overreaching covid policies, somehow that makes ME a danger to "society"??????? WTF?

This is exactly why the liberal progressive are causing a shift away from the Democrats as we speak. You went too far, and just like in Canada, and other places, reasonable people are not buying your bullshit and pushing back.
You do realize that at a state level vaccines have been MANDATED for decades, right? States absolutely have the right to mandate vaccines. So do businesses.

This is not about values. This is about how societies function and why.

What makes you a danger is your refusal to respect emergency edicts.

No idea what "the liberal progressive are causing a shift away from the Democrats" means. Can you put this into comprehensible English? Thanks

BTW, I am not a liberal or a DEm. I am a centrist, life long republican. You know, the Ray-Gun kind. The kid that does what is asked of him by his country. In this case, to vaccinate and mask.

Do you recall when all republicans were like I and respected the law even if they did not agree with it?

A poor comparison. Fewer old people, more remote settings, less New York City style crowding.
If you think Africa doesn't have some extremely crowded and tight living conditions you are very mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom