• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid psychosis

That premise always confounds me given that societies work because there are a wide variety of controls so we're not in some anarchistic environment where everyone is doing what they want regardless of impact to others. We've had examples of governments placing restrictions during crises to prevent certain outcomes, so it's not as if this is without precedent. The argument of people making their own decisions doesn't work well when the consequences of those decisions impact others in society; infectious diseases have consequences that reach beyond just the individual's choice. I suspect that even in the face of government not taking action to mitigate a disease, any given society will feature a bifurcation of those who take their own preventative measures and those who don't.
Panderingly pro-military and pro-LEO, yet opposed to control.
All for religious control of women's bodies for abortion, and other "sins", pro Trump and unitary executive..(more control)
Republican current propaganda and messaging is a contradictory dumpster fire of absurdity.

It isn't a partisan thing. I don't care for Behar but agree with her that I also have no problem wearing a mask indefinitely. The only hysterics I come across are conservatives, exceptions like myself noted, if you really want to go that route.
We are inconvenienced every day by following society's standards. A face covering is no big deal.
So from now on you will mask? That's just weird.

is there a post to this post, thread?
or
do you just want to voice your intolerance for folks different than you?

a friend wants to know
Point is obvious to anyone who hasn't gone into covid psychosis. Those in the depths of this malady go, huh?

Point is obvious to anyone who hasn't gone into covid psychosis. Those in the depths of this malady go, huh?

I see. You can't explain. You are in the middle of an anti mandate psychosis?
Those in the depths. of this malady go, huh?

If you think Africa doesn't have some extremely crowded and tight living conditions you are very mistaken.
They also don’t have a reliable reporting system.

Yep.

This has driven a lot of people to mental health crisis for sure

OMFG.

The trauma of wearing a small bit of paper/cloth .

I can't imagine the PTSD you would suffer wrapped up in NBC gear for days. Or full leathers and helmet on race day. Does SCUBA gear get you in a tizzy?

Masks of the common paper/cloth variety don't work as the science now clearly indicates...actually always indicated if you were paying attention.

How is that a hysterical claim then?

Don't work = False blanket statement.

Antimaskers do so love making those kind of statements.

Joy Bayheart or whatever her name is says she's wearing a mask forever. I'll hold back on commenting on her ugly mug and how this could be a good thing. In my own family my liberal sister in law first wouldn't go anywhere without a mask, then a double mask and now she's a complete shut in. Never leaves her house and says she won't for two years. Some people have completely lost their minds with this covid hysteria. You see it in here constantly with irrational fear that clouds any logical thinking. Maybe you'd just be better off if you were a covid statistic. Just sayin.
The biggest "covid statistic" comprises people who have had covid, recovered, and are fine now. Odd how you NEVER hear about that statistic.

There is research underway to determine the existence and prevalence of actual psychosis in people who have been infected by covid-19. So while it may be fun for some to demean people who appear unreasonably afraid of the disease, they have legit reasons for their fear.

T
First sentence in your link fits this thread nicely.

"Novel coronavirus (COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2) has caused worldwide anxiety and grief because of its infectivity, lethality, and lack of curative treatment;"

If you think Africa doesn't have some extremely crowded and tight living conditions you are very mistaken.
K, I'll yield on that. But not on the age thing. Most US deaths have occurred among the elderly. Africa has the youngest population.

A simple comparison of deaths vs vaccination rates is insufficient data to make conclusions about the efficacy of vaccinations while disregarding other important factors such as average age of population.

Joy Bayheart or whatever her name is says she's wearing a mask forever. I'll hold back on commenting on her ugly mug and how this could be a good thing. In my own family my liberal sister in law first wouldn't go anywhere without a mask, then a double mask and now she's a complete shut in. Never leaves her house and says she won't for two years. Some people have completely lost their minds with this covid hysteria. You see it in here constantly with irrational fear that clouds any logical thinking. Maybe you'd just be better off if you were a covid statistic. Just sayin.
Interesting.

Did your death cult have an initiation, or did you just sign up?

K, I'll yield on that. But not on the age thing. Most US deaths have occurred among the elderly. Africa has the youngest population.

A simple comparison of deaths vs vaccination rates is insufficient data to make conclusions about the efficacy of vaccinations while disregarding other important factors such as average age of population.
And I'll concede on the age thing which is what I consistently say in here. Vaccine mandates for young and healthy never made sense.

Making changes to lifestyle for the purpose of avoiding transmission of COVID-19 is not hysteria. It is a prudent approach to dealing with a pandemic which has killed nearly a million Americans already, and is still killing at a rate of 2000 per day.

28 million current active cases out of 334 million people means nearly 1 out of 10 people currently have and could spread COVID-19. There is nothing hysterical about knowing the situation and acting accordingly on the information.

Does anyone here actually believe statistics coming out of Africa?
Yes, but they could have a larger margin of error. It is also true that American governors such as Ron DeSantis of Florida have actively taken steps to try to avoid reporting accurate data, so American statistics also contain a margin of error.

Calling a mask a 'diaper' is an unreasonable argument to claim those who use them are being unreasonable.

The biggest "covid statistic" comprises people who have had covid, recovered, and are fine now. Odd how you NEVER hear about that statistic.

Should we count the ones who caught it, then caught it again because of the efficiency of "acquired immunity"?

Do you actually believe that values are really taught in schools over by parents?

You would label me a menace to society and enemy of society, me a person who has NEVER committed more than a minor traffic offense. I pay my taxes, I provided for my own family WITHOUT any taxpayer help; a contributing member of society. But because I (a person vaccinated AND boosted) is unwilling to agree with your insistence on overreaching covid policies, somehow that makes ME a danger to "society"??????? WTF?

This is exactly why the liberal progressive are causing a shift away from the Democrats as we speak. You went too far, and just like in Canada, and other places, reasonable people are not buying your bullshit and pushing back.
Thanks for being a productive member of society but we do all need to look out for one another in a pandemic. It can't simply be left up to each individual to decide. This virus attacks the population. The response needs to be coordinated among the entire population. The more coordinated the response, the better it is. The countries with the strictest policies have fared the best.

And the public also rarely hears about the 1/4 of all COVID patients who develop long haul COVID.

And I'll concede on the age thing which is what I consistently say in here. Vaccine mandates for young and healthy never made sense.
Actually mandates for all do make sense because it's not like the elderly are out there mixing in society. It is those who come vist them and care for them who bring them the disease. And they got it from young and healthy others who couldn't be bothered to keep distance, wear a proper mask properly, or get vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom