• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid psychosis

Boiled down....

"I have the right to infect others as well as the right to fill needed hospital facilities because freedom"
YOU have a right to wear as many masks as you like, and YOU have a right to take as many boosters as you wish, and YOU have a right to stay in your own house 24/7 too if you wish.

What YOU don't have a right to do, is demand that other people live in the same fear you choose to live in, over a virus which can never be eradicated fully, and which has only harmed or killed a TINY percentage of the people who were exposed to it.

Boiled down:

Your irrational fears are not going to be everyone's concerns.

YOU have a right to wear as many masks as you like, and YOU have a right to take as many boosters as you wish, and YOU have a right to stay in your own house 24/7 too if you wish.

What YOU don't have a right to do, is demand that other people live in the same fear you choose to live in, over a virus which can never be eradicated fully, and which has only harmed or killed a TINY percentage of the people who were exposed to it.

Boiled down:

Your irrational fears are not going to be everyone's concerns.

DO NOT INFRINGE ON MY RIGHT TO INFECT OTHERS!!!!!

DO NOT INFRINGE ON MY RIGHT TO INFECT OTHERS!!!!!
I defend your right to protect YOURSELF and allow others to protect themselves as they see fit.

But seriously, if you are double vaccinated, and double or triple boosted, and you wear an N95 mask, do you really fear that you will be infected, and even if you are infected, what is YOUR science telling you about the very low probability of any serious outcome to YOU, given the protections I just mentioned?

What are you so afraid of?

I defend your right to protect YOURSELF and allow others to protect themselves as they see fit.

But seriously, if you are double vaccinated, and double or triple boosted, and you wear an N95 mask, do you really fear that you will be infected, and even if you are infected, what is YOUR science telling you about the very low probability of any serious outcome to YOU, given the protections I just mentioned?

THE CONSTITUTION SAYS I HAZ THE RIGHT TO SPREAD DISEASE AND FILL EMERGENCY ROOMS!

THE CONSTITUTION SAYS I HAZ THE RIGHT TO SPREAD DISEASE AND FILL EMERGENCY ROOMS!
Riddle me this Batman: If I am protecting MYSELF how I see best, and you are able to protect yourself however you wish to, then who am I infecting in that situation?

Nobody in my family, not my parents, in laws, siblings, my wife, or my kids came down with covid, because we made our choices based on risk vs reward, and then beyond that made some alterations to OUR behavior. Sure, we still went shopping eventually (no masks), but we didn't book a week on a cruise ship, and we didn't get all huffed and puffed at some BLM protest, and we didn't hang out in dance clubs every weekend.

So, who have we put at risk other than nobody?

OH, but because we SAY that individuals should make their own choices, then I guess that triggers people like you and now it is WE who you claim are killing people. How have my opinions killed anyone? My actions have not harmed me or others, but for you my opinion I guess is just too dangerous to leave alone, right?

So how again are YOU a liberterain/right person again? If you don't mind explaining it, because I'm kind of confused on that part?

Joy Bayheart or whatever her name is says she's wearing a mask forever. I'll hold back on commenting on her ugly mug and how this could be a good thing. In my own family my liberal sister in law first wouldn't go anywhere without a mask, then a double mask and now she's a complete shut in. Never leaves her house and says she won't for two years. Some people have completely lost their minds with this covid hysteria. You see it in here constantly with irrational fear that clouds any logical thinking. Maybe you'd just be better off if you were a covid statistic. Just sayin.
The whole purpose of of the antivaxx and antimask movement.

Stereotyping nonsense.

Demeaning others one disagrees with reinforces perceived rationale for hatred. The mistake here is cherry-picking some bad traits and projecting them upon an entire class of people one doesn't even know.

And it is a small-minded mistake, which clouds better judgement. All hatred is wrong, as are any manufactured reasons for it.

All liberals are no more alike than all conservatives are. There are good people and bad on both sides.

Hatred is wrong. Forgiveness is golden. Peace is possible with love and understanding.

Ive been saying all along these assholes want us dead. This is where trumpism is heading, nationalism and genocide. There is no peace with this.

Riddle me this Batman: If I am protecting MYSELF how I see best, and you are able to protect yourself however you wish to, then who am I infecting in that situation?

Nobody in my family, not my parents, in laws, siblings, my wife, or my kids came down with covid, because we made our choices based on risk vs reward, and then beyond that made some alterations to OUR behavior. Sure, we still went shopping eventually (no masks), but we didn't book a week on a cruise ship, and we didn't get all huffed and puffed at some BLM protest, and we didn't hang out in dance clubs every weekend.

So, who have we put at risk other than nobody?

OH, but because we SAY that individuals should make their own choices, then I guess that triggers people like you and now it is WE who you claim are killing people. How have my opinions killed anyone? My actions have not harmed me or others, but for you my opinion I guess is just too dangerous to leave alone, right?

So how again are YOU a liberterain/right person again? If you don't mind explaining it, because I'm kind of confused on that part?

WHY CANT YOU LEAVE ME ALONE TO INFECT OTHERS?

There is research underway to determine the existence and prevalence of actual psychosis in people who have been infected by covid-19. So while it may be fun for some to demean people who appear unreasonably afraid of the disease, they have legit reasons for their fear.

History doesnt repeat but it sure does rhyme.

Just eat your horse paste and quit whining. Please do it.

This is also what happens when you take this “nobody should ever help you i got mine **** you” mindset to the extreme.

Ive been saying all along these assholes want us dead. This is where trumpism is heading, nationalism and genocide. There is no peace with this.

No, they don't want us dead. If they did they would have tried already. We are still alive. They don't know what they want. Stick it to the libs is about all.

No, they don't want us dead. If they did they would have tried already. We are still alive. They don't know what they want. Stick it to the libs is about all.
They stick it to the libs because they dont believe you have a right to be here. In fact they did try to take over power and cancel your right to be heard. What do you think they had planned after that? Cops arent all on their side so they go for insurgent style.

I implore you to watch this. It is where Trumpism is headed. They dont have the power to eliminate you but since liberals in office wont do a damn thing to prevent trumpism from coming back to power ehhhhh…..

Show me definitive proof that the CDC intentionally lied about covid statistics.
Or admits just another figment of your fantasy world.

When the rump swap editors of the NYTimes let an article slip through referencing suppressed stats that the CDC thought might cloud the narrative you know that is but the tip of the iceberg.
Has anyone ever held the CDC to account for it's feckless response to the China virus?

Of course I can still get covid.
But being triple vaxxed means that it probably won’t put me in the hospital. I don’t mind getting a mild case-in fact I welcome it.
You welcome it? Finally recognizing natural immunity?

I am not afraid of covid. Like you, I have been vaccinated. I do wear a mask indoors when shopping but not at home. I made the choice to take those safety precautions.

If a person did not believe in wearing N95 masks and getting vaccinated. Would you defend the right of a person who is asymptomatic/symptomatic with covid to go to stores, movies, indoor public events, etc. , taking no safety precautions to avoid spreading the virus? In other word, does that person have the right to possible infect others?

I am not afraid of covid. Like you,

I too am vaccinated and wear a mask indoors. It is called being reasoned, pragmatic socially responsible and disciplined.

Nutters do not process these traits it seems. Sad that their short comings lead to disease, suffering and death for innocents.

I too am vaccinated and wear a mask indoors. It is called being reasoned, pragmatic socially responsible and disciplined.

Nutters do not process these traits it seems. Sad that their short comings lead to disease, suffering and death for innocents.

One reason I asked CJ the question.

It seems many debate the issue of mandates from a point of view of one being healthy. It falls apart when an infected/sick person is thrown into the discussion. Wonder how many will support an infected person's right to freely go about in public closed spaces with others around taking no safety precautions to not spread the virus. :unsure:

You welcome it? Finally recognizing natural immunity?
I never denied it exists, it’s not clear which provides better protection but it IS clear that if you aren’t boosted you risk serious illness if you get infected. Since I am triple vaxxed I might get infected still but likely won’t end up hospitalized and likely will get even more protection by getting infected.

You misunderstand me. Outdoors I don’t give a rats ass if you wear a mask. If I am not comfortable with how close you or anyone else is to me I just move. The chance of you infecting someone outdoors is tiny.
The chance of infecting anyone indoors is very tiny too. Well, other than inside people's own homes from family members as we now know. Indoor incidental exposure is not how this works; it takes longer for the viral load of an infected person indoors to infect the other person.

I am referring exclusively to indoor venues. That’s inside businesses such as waiting in line at Costco or supermarkets, for example.
Funny you mention Costco as I was there yesterday. At the door the membership check person said, "sir, you must wear a mask to come inside". I ignored her and kept walking. Then within seconds an employee with a walkie talkie approaches me and says, "sir, we request that all customers continue to wear masks." I replied, "you are requesting?" He says, "yes". I said, "well, if you are requesting, then my answer is no thank you." I then continued to shop noting how 50% of the other shoppers AND employees who were wearing masks had them below their noses.

What a crappy job "requesting" somebody comply with a rule, that they are NOT enforcing anyway. I am convinced that with store clerks and some others it comes down to a passive/aggressive tendency---or need to feel like they have some power over people. It is the only power some employees have in their lives to be given a policy they can wield like a club. It is exactly how the Hitler youth worked. We'll supply your ego with warm fuzzies if you tell on your neighbors and parents.

Masks are no longer required in restaurants and it never made sense to require them in the first place since people can’t eat wearing a mask.
Restaurants prove that you don't need them in supermarkets either. Think about it: in a restaurant you are there for at least an hour without a mask. In a supermarket you are on average in their only a fourth of the time you would be in a restaurant. So, why wear them in supermarkets anyway? The don't make you any safer than a restaurant where people are eating, chewing, dribbling, talking, laughing.

I have reported a few maskholes to management inside eligible venues and on each occasion they handled to problem.

Ironic you call people like me the "maskholes" when we so you folks who demand masks for no rational reason the maskholes.

Here in Southern California the fear factor over covid is highest in the liberal zip codes. Go to places like Newport Beach and Irvine, and you will have not seen more than a small percentage of people wearing masks, not on the streets, not indoors, not in restaurants or bars---- not even the employees. And the infections in the most conservative zipcodes is less than the liberal zipcodes in my observation. My theory on that is that people who believed masks actually helped, then went out and were MORE risky than those who knew they did next to nothing.

I have no authority to force anyone to comply with a mask mandate. But the management of indoor businesses sure do. They risk losing their business license if they aren’t in compliance with local mandates.
I know some feel they can enforce their rules, and at most all they can do is deny service, they can't lay hands on you; they can call the police, and this stage of the game the police are not interested in coming out over masks, not even in liberal Los Angeles, the LAPD do not care about that, there are bigger problems than mask disputes. In the last two years I only had one business refuse me service, and the stupidity was that is was a donut shop/stand where the employees are inside behind a glass window, and customers all outside. LOL Asian owned BTW. Asians seem to be more likely to comply with masks either out of fear, or because somebody told them they must----same way I guess it is in China.

Fortunately these instances have been few and far between, and now that indoor mask mandates have been retracted due to falling cases and hospitalizations hopefully I won’t feel obliged to perform my civic duty again any time soon.
I find it lauaghable that you thought that being a tattle tale was your "civic duty". Go back to what I said about China, and consider what your compliance was really about?

The chance of infecting anyone indoors is very tiny too. Well, other than inside people's own homes from family members as we now know. Indoor incidental exposure is not how this works; it takes longer for the viral load of an infected person indoors to infect the other person.

Funny you mention Costco as I was there yesterday. At the door the membership check person said, "sir, you must wear a mask to come inside". I ignored her and kept walking. Then within seconds an employee with a walkie talkie approaches me and says, "sir, we request that all customers continue to wear masks." I replied, "you are requesting?" He says, "yes". I said, "well, if you are requesting, then my answer is no thank you." I then continued to shop noting how 50% of the other shoppers AND employees who were wearing masks had them below their noses.

What a crappy job "requesting" somebody comply with a rule, that they are NOT enforcing anyway.

Restaurants prove that you don't need them in supermarkets either. Think about it: in a restaurant you are there for at least an hour without a mask. In a supermarket you are on average in their only a fourth of the time you would be in a restaurant. So, why wear them in supermarkets anyway? The don't make you any safer than a restaurant where people are eating, chewing, dribbling, talking, laughing.

Ironic you call people like me the "maskholes" when we so you folks who demand masks for no rational reason the maskholes.

Here in Southern California the fear factor over covid is highest in the liberal zip codes. Go to places like Newport Beach and Irvine, and you will have not seen more than a small percentage of people wearing masks, not on the streets, not indoors, not in restaurants or bars---- not even the employees. And the infections in the most conservative zipcodes is less than the liberal zipcodes in my observation. My theory on that is that people who believed masks actually helped, then went out and were MORE risky than those who knew they did next to nothing.

I know some feel they can enforce their rules, and at most all they can do is deny service, they can't lay hands on you; they can call the police, and this stage of the game the police are not interested in coming out over masks, not even in liberal Los Angeles, the LAPD do not care about that, there are bigger problems than mask disputes. In the last two years I only had one business refuse me service, and the stupidity was that is was a donut shop/stand where the employees are inside behind a glass window, and customers all outside. LOL Asian owned BTW. Asians seem to be more likely to comply with masks either out of fear, or because somebody told them they must----same way I guess it is in China.

I find it lauaghable that you thought that being a tattle tale was your "civic duty". Go back to what I said about China, and consider what your compliance was really about?
I can't help it if some people want to be maskholes-but I can do something about it when I see it. Its my civic duty to report them to business owners. Then, if the business owner doesn't want to enforce the mandate, I would escalate it. The next step where I live would be to report the business to the local health department. In fact, the health department has a hot line email address where such incidents are reported to. And yes, they do follow up. Here the police do follow up too if the transgression is in a private residence. I have reported illegal parties and church services during the height of last winter's surge to the police and yes, they did enforce the mandate. The illegal church service was shut down and the police visited the location of the party and disbanded it.
If more concerned citizens attended to their civic duty lives would be saved.

Back
Top Bottom