• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Could Gore's road to the Oval Office begin in Hollywood?

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stay tuned boys and girls, tonight could be the night Gore throws his hat in the ring.

Could Gore's road to the Oval Office begin in Hollywood? - CNN.com

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- We've seen plenty of political moments at the Oscars before. But on Sunday, we could see the most unusual political moment ever.

Consider this scenario: It's Academy Awards night. Best documentary feature is up. And the Oscar is favored to go to . . . "An Inconvenient Truth," starring former Vice President Al Gore.

Lawrence Bender, producer of "An Inconvenient Truth," and the film's other producers come up to accept the Oscar -- with Gore. (Watch Bender explain while it might be Gore's time )

The audience roars its approval -- this is liberal Hollywood -- and Gore speaks.

"There's even some speculation that he would use his Oscar as the occasion to announce that he's running," Martin Kaplan, director of the University of Southern California's Norman Lear Center, told CNN. "Imagine that: a billion people worldwide! Take that Jay Leno, as an announcement venue!''...

Stay tuned boys and girls, tonight could be the night Gore throws his hat in the ring.

Could Gore's road to the Oval Office begin in Hollywood? - CNN.com

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- We've seen plenty of political moments at the Oscars before. But on Sunday, we could see the most unusual political moment ever.

Consider this scenario: It's Academy Awards night. Best documentary feature is up. And the Oscar is favored to go to . . . "An Inconvenient Truth," starring former Vice President Al Gore.

Lawrence Bender, producer of "An Inconvenient Truth," and the film's other producers come up to accept the Oscar -- with Gore. (Watch Bender explain while it might be Gore's time )

The audience roars its approval -- this is liberal Hollywood -- and Gore speaks.

"There's even some speculation that he would use his Oscar as the occasion to announce that he's running," Martin Kaplan, director of the University of Southern California's Norman Lear Center, told CNN. "Imagine that: a billion people worldwide! Take that Jay Leno, as an announcement venue!''...

Pure speculation, and Gore has said no way will he run. It's not going to happen.

As much as I disagree with Al Gore, I think he is more respectable than Kerry,Edwards, and Clinton.

As much as I disagree with Al Gore, I think he is more respectable than Kerry,Edwards, and Clinton.

Well, he definately has a better chance of getting elected than Clinton or Obama.

Pure speculation, and Gore has said no way will he run. It's not going to happen.
do you believe what a politician says :lol:

except when he is unhinged and rants

gore is done, i would think he has had his stomach full of losing
but ya never know

This just in, and just happened at the Academy Awards a few minutes ago:

The rumors were part of an elaborate practical joke Gore played on the audience. When announced, he and Leonardo di Caprio talked about global warming, and during the speeches, di Caprio kept asking him if that, since he was a true leader in global warming, if there wasn't something higher he wanted to announce. Gore said that he was just there for the movies. Finally, after di Caprio asked Gore at the end of the presentation, Gore pulled out a piece of paper, and everyone started cheering as if he were going to announce. Gore then said, "At this time it is my intention to", then the music started up, and Gore walked off the stage laughing.

The whole thing was hilarious. :)

Gore is unelectable at this point. his image has already been crafted and he won't be able to reverse it.

This just in, and just happened at the Academy Awards a few minutes ago:

The rumors were part of an elaborate practical joke Gore played on the audience. When announced, he and Leonardo di Caprio talked about global warming, and during the speeches, di Caprio kept asking him if that, since he was a true leader in global warming, if there wasn't something higher he wanted to announce. Gore said that he was just there for the movies. Finally, after di Caprio asked Gore at the end of the presentation, Gore pulled out a piece of paper, and everyone started cheering as if he were going to announce. Gore then said, "At this time it is my intention to", then the music started up, and Gore walked off the stage laughing.

The whole thing was hilarious. :)
It was very funny hehe.

Gore is unelectable at this point. his image has already been crafted and he won't be able to reverse it.
All the more reason to run.The anti-war people will vote for Obama.The enviromentalist will vote for AL gore.That leaves no liberals for Hilary.Things seem to work out just fine. But then I'm a Republican, I guess my analisist would be slightly scewed.

All the more reason to run.The anti-war people will vote for Obama.The environmentalist will vote for AL gore.That leaves no liberals for Hilary.Things seem to work out just fine. But then I'm a Republican, I guess my analysis would be slightly skewed.

Slightly, just slightly.

It doesn't matter who the Democratic candidate is. His image will be "crafted" by the Swift Boat liars or whatever character assassination group Rove puts together, and dutifully reported by media stenographers.

It doesn't matter who the Democratic candidate is. His image will be "crafted" by the Swift Boat liars or whatever character assassination group Rove puts together, and dutifully reported by media stenographers.

THis is certainly true.

Which makes it imperititive that any candidate anticipate such and have strategies ready for any potential smear.

He seems to of developed a personality lately and hanging with celebrities has sway with the public In fact he is enough of a celebrity to get elected which is quite a depressing thought.

Back
Top Bottom