• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Converting to Islam ... and becoming ex-gay, what do you think?

This is more entertaining than squirrels on acid.

joe six pack,

If you follow this thread to its ultimate conclusion, you will note that Islam and homosexuality are mutually exclusive of each other. Islam rejects homosexuality in total. In Saudi Arabia, Islam's holiest city ... there are no gay bars, no HIV/AIDS clinics (yet Saudi's HIV rates are skyrocketing), no Gay Muslim organizations.

Could you show me any gay bars, HIV/AIDS clinics, or Gay Mormon in Mormon dominated cities? How many are in the Vatican? How about Evangelical towns? Come on, if I go by your praise of Christianity, they should be 100% tolerant of gays, aren't they?

Scott,

Simply ask yourself this question: WHY are there no gay bars in Saudi Arabia? Where are the HIV clinics? Where are the bathhouses? Why are there no gay bars in just about *every* Islamic nation ... except for Turkey, Lebanon (Beirut only) and Egypt (Cairo only). Every Islamic nation has *BANNED* the opening of gay bars.

Why?

If you can answer that question ... you will be able to understand why I started this thread.

Johnny: Thanks for the kudos. Provocative, yes. Liberals have a tendancy to put on blinders when it comes to human rights. Like Rwanda, only white, educated, elite, liberal, heterosexual males are "human" everyone else is statistic.

joe six pack,

If you follow this thread to its ultimate conclusion, you will note that Islam and homosexuality are mutually exclusive of each other.
You don't have to educate me on the intolerance of Old Testament religions against homosexuals.

I've read Deuteronomy and Leviticus.
Islam rejects homosexuality in total. In Saudi Arabia, Islam's holiest city ... there are no gay bars, no HIV/AIDS clinics (yet Saudi's HIV rates are skyrocketing), no Gay Muslim organizations.
For the record, Suadi Arabia is a Country not a "City," as you call it. Saudi Arabia is home to Mecca, which is probably what you are thinking of.

The Muslims follow the Old Testament when it comes to adultery and homosexuality. I'm not religious or intolerant of Homosexual Muslims.
The reason for this lack of *tolerance* is simple: Islam *exterminates* homosexuals.
As per the Old Testament, a lot of Muslim countries hold the death penalty for homosexuality. A lot of North African countries do too.

Then you go to South Africa and the reverse is true, they even allow legal Homosexual Marriage.
Obviously I am not leaving my orientation for Islam,
Good? I'm not judgmental of people who just want to mind their own business. The majority of homosexuals and Muslims I have met are good people.

It would be hypocritical of me to judge the kind, warm Muslims I am grateful to call friends on the behavior of lunatics and war-lords.
although I have had sex with quite a few Muslim men who tell me homosexuality is *RAMPANT* in the Middle East, "but homosexuals are routinely killed" he told me.
That story does amuse me on the basis of irony.

I think the AIDs problem is due to the lack of condom use, modern medicine, sex education and lack of infrastructure. But I sympathize with homosexuals who have fled oppressive Middle-Eastern countries. I also realize that Saudi Arabia is a monarchy, which in modern terns, is a dictatorship. Most Middle-eastern countries are in such bad shape that they are ruled by either war-lords or dictators. There is a lot I disagree with about the nature of Islam as a religion, but I think the worst examples of life in the Middle-east are due to the conditions of the State. My heart goes out to the people who suffer there.

Last edited:
I love all these people claiming how tolerate they are of homosexuality because American allows gay bars to open, of course there's no talk about how most of those same people would deny homosexuals the right to marry. All I see is two different degrees of intolerance.

I love all these people claiming how tolerate they are of homosexuality because American allows gay bars to open, of course there's no talk about how most of those same people would deny homosexuals the right to marry. All I see is two different degrees of intolerance.

Think of it as slow but steady progress.

100 years ago...

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the homosexual; I'm in favor of castrating them instead of executing them."

70 years ago...

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the homosexual; I'm in favor of imprisonment instead of castration."

50 years ago...

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the homosexual; I'm in favor of electro shock therapy or a good beating instead of imprisonment."

20 years ago....

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the homosexual; I'm in favor of pray away the gay therapy instead of that EST stuff and letting the police go at them with a nightstick."

10 years ago....

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the homosexual; I'm in favor of doing away with the sodomy laws and mandatory treatments as long as they don't serve openly in the military, have civil unions, or adopt children.'

5 years ago...

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the homosexual; I'm in favor of civil unions and allowing them to serve openly in the military as long as they stay away from marriage and heck, we'll just pass marriage amendments in 30 states to ensure they ain't getting close to it."

1 month ago...

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the homosexual; I believe that a state has the right to decide its definition of marriage, but I favor pushing through a Federal Constitutional Amendment declaring marriage is between a man and a woman because some judges seem to think that marriage is a Constitutional right that can't be denied to same sex couples by a majority vote."

2 weeks ago...

"Yeah, I'm tolerant of the Muslim; let's build a gay bar next to the mosque they are building near Ground Zero.

Last edited:
* Peace be upon Him * - aA'lah------------the Great.

I have no comment on your situation-- do whatever you like. but, you're definitely a noob muslim. PBUH usually comes after prophet's name. Allah (God) is peace. no more peace can be upon him. and, Allah is the greatest, Alexander was the Great.

Over the past several days, I realized how wrong I have been as a homosexual, a pervert. My past perversions were the height of evil: sex with nearly 3,000 men around the U.S. (many without using lube).

I have decided to convert to Islam, and after reading Imam Feisel's book, I will be leaving homosexuality and entering the Islamic ex-gay program that will be featured at the Love Mosque in lower Manhattan. Imam Feisel has shown me the way.

troll.jpg

it is not possible to become an ex-gay.

That is one of the many reasons religion is for the stupid.

While I don't have a particular reason, I disagree.

Religion is an excellent method for instituting and transmitting uniform moral codes, which in a society of humans is a basic building block of civility.

In addition, when you don't have all the answers but can believe in a source that does, religion can also be a source of psychological stability.

That is one of the many reasons religion is for the stupid.

I think it more likely that stupid people simply cannot understand how an intelligent person can approach religion in an enlightened way.

Back
Top Bottom