• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative refuse to admit these facts are true

These are true facts about abortion. Why won't pro-life advocates admit they are true?

95% of women did the right thing by getting an abortion
Five years after abortion, nearly all women say it was the right decision, even those who struggled to make the decision supported the abortion years later.
*Anti-abortion women are the largest % of women getting abortions:
The majority of abortion patients indicated a religious affiliation: Seventeen percent identified as mainline Protestant, 13% as evangelical Protestant and 24% as Roman Catholic, while 8% identified with some other religion. Thirty-eight percent of patients did not identify with any religion. The proportion of women who identified as mainline Protestant declined by 24% since 2008, whereas the proportion with no affiliation increased by 38%�.
*Women who get abortions are responsible people:
85% of the women getting abortions have either part-time or full=time jobs.
45% are married or in stable relationships
59.3% have one or more children already
42.4% are aged 25 to 35
64% have attended college or have have a degree
66% plan to have children when they are financially able to provide necessities for them, and/or in a supportive relationship with a partner so their children will have two parents
64 % are using birth control: (rhythm and withdrawal are not considered birth control because their failure rate is so high).
*Women get abortions for very good reasons
The family can't financially support a child at this time.
The woman has responsibilities to work, parents, school or other children.
I am too immature to raise a child
Denying abortion in cases of unwanted pregnancies creates children that grow up with huge social problems.
*Conservatives created the marriage destroying legislation of aid to single mothers only.

Oops! We’re lost. | UC San Francisco
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/140517NCJRS.pdf
Females in the US Workforce
Characteristics of U.S. Abortion Patients in 2014 and Changes Since 2008 | Guttmacher Institute
Aid to Families with Dependent Children - Wikipedia
Just a reminded that we are actually talking about facts that anti-abortion advocates refuse to believe

These are true facts about abortion. Why won't pro-life advocates admit they are true?

Five years after abortion, nearly all women say it was the right decision, even those who struggled to make the decision supported the abortion years later.
The majority of abortion patients indicated a religious affiliation: Seventeen percent identified as mainline Protestant, 13% as evangelical Protestant and 24% as Roman Catholic, while 8% identified with some other religion. Thirty-eight percent of patients did not identify with any religion. The proportion of women who identified as mainline Protestant declined by 24% since 2008, whereas the proportion with no affiliation increased by 38%�.
42.4% are aged 25 to 35
66% plan to have children when they are financially able to provide necessities for them, and/or in a supportive relationship with a partner so their children will have two parents
64 % are using birth control: (rhythm and withdrawal are not considered birth control because their failure rate is so high).
“I am too immature to raise a child�
Denying abortion in cases of unwanted pregnancies creates children that grow up with huge social problems.
*Conservatives created the marriage destroying legislation of aid to single mothers only.

Characteristics of U.S. Abortion Patients in 2014 and Changes Since 2008 | Guttmacher Institute
These are not true. Women are also responsible for the life they carry in their womb. Is it a human life or not? Simple and easy.

These are not true. Women are also responsible for the life they carry in their womb. Is it a human life or not? Simple and easy.
Let's look at his facts.
1)95% of women who had an abortion say they believe they made the right choice.

I don't disagree with that many people rationalize all sorts of acts.

2) He claims that people are anti abortion based on religious affiliation.

I don't think this makes someone pro life. Mistaking causation as correlation doesn't establish fact.
3) women who get abortions are otherwise responsible.

So?

4) he says women get abortions for very reasons.

This is an opinion not a fact. What suggests a reason is good is based on how you feel.

5) conservatives tried to influence family unity.

Good broken families are bad for society.

Out of these statements that are facts I don't have a problem accepting any of them. Some of them aren't facts.

Let's look at his facts.
1)95% of women who had an abortion say they believe they made the right choice.
I don't disagree with that many people rationalize all sorts of acts.
2) He claims that people are anti abortion based on religious affiliation. I don't think this makes someone pro life. Mistaking causation as correlation doesn't establish fact.
3) women who get abortions are otherwise responsible. So?
4) he says women get abortions for very reasons.This is an opinion not a fact. What suggests a reason is good is based on how you feel.
5) conservatives tried to influence family unity. Good broken families are bad for society.
Out of these statements that are facts I don't have a problem accepting any of them. Some of them aren't facts.

Which ones aren't facts? Give responsible studies to show why they are not facts.

Which ones aren't facts? Give responsible studies to show why they are not facts.
Where you say women who get abortions for good reasons. It's your opinion what a good reason is.

There aren't studies suggesting this is an opinion. Nobody publishes something so specific about your opinion.

Your claim that women are anti abortion because of their Religious affiliation. That's a claim you made without evidence. I simply dismissed it without evidence. If you want to support your claim I'll gladly consider your support. But it's your burden to prove it correct not my burden to present reasonable studies.

Where you say women who get abortions for good reasons. It's your opinion what a good reason is.There aren't studies suggesting this is an opinion. Nobody publishes something so specific about your opinion.Your claim that women are anti abortion because of their Religious affiliation. That's a claim you made without evidence. I simply dismissed it without evidence. If you want to support your claim I'll gladly consider your support. But it's your burden to prove it correct not my burden to present reasonable studies.

The reasons women get abortions from the studies by Guttmacher and others
Can't afford a child at this time
Not ready for a child at this time
(over 75% of women state the above two reasons for abortion)
This is not a good time right now. I have commitments to family, job, education that make a having a child a very bad idea at this time
I am in a very unstable relationship at this time and my partner is not supportive
(These are the 4 major reasons given by almost all women. Could you tell us why it would be a good idea for women in any one of these situations to go ahead and give birth. Could you cite the statistics for unwanted children?)

I gave studies supporting the claims at the end of the list. Did you read them? No? Don't call them opinion until you have read the sources.

Basically his logic is the same as, if you choose to go skiing and break your leg, you are 'forced' to not get (denied) medical attention for it.

If you choose to drive your car and crash and are injured, you are 'forced' not to get (denied) medical attention for it.

So you are for forcing women to give birth.

Yep, that's crystal clear to me. As punishment for not remaining abstinent if procreation isn't the intention of having sex, although I'm sure some prolifers will deny it, saying stuff like, "it's not about punishment." :rolleyes:

No. That would require me to force her to get pregnant. You can't give birth if you're not first pregnant nobody is forcing them to become pregnant.

If you are for legally banning abortion, then you're for forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth, and against their will at that. So yes, you are for forcing women to give birth.

If you are for legally banning abortion, then you're for forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth, and against their will at that. So yes, you are for forcing women to give birth.
False. I would have to force them to get pregnant in order to force them to stay pregnant that's a choice.

False. I would have to force them to get pregnant in order to force them to stay pregnant that's a choice.

Nope, that's simply not the case. If you support legally banning abortion, then you are in favor of forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth, instead of having an abortion. Hope that's clearer.

Nope, that's simply not the case.
insistence ad nauseam is not an argument. It's okay if you feel that way but I disagree.
If you support legally banning abortion, then you are in favor of forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth, instead of having an abortion. Hope that's clearer.
Becoming pregnant is choice therefore nobody forced you to do anything you chose to do it. You can insist otherwise until time stops it won't change that reality.

Becoming pregnant is choice therefore nobody forced you to do anything you chose to do it.

The statistics tell an entirely different story than what you believe to be true.
75% of all women who get abortions live at or below the poverty line. Most of those are women are low wage workers without insurance that might have covered failure proof women's contraceptives. These women rely on the cheapest and third most common form or birth control men's condoms. The failure rate for condoms is 18%. The next most common form of birth control is withdrawal. The failure rate is 22%.

Becoming pregnant is not a choice when birth control is being used but it fails. Facts don't seem to have any impact on your posts. You appear to be ignoring anything doesn't support your antagonism toward women.

Yes. And a dead human after abortion. So what?

The statistics tell an entirely different story than what you believe to be true.
75% of all women who get abortions live at or below the poverty line. Most of those are women are low wage workers without insurance that might have covered failure proof women's contraceptives. These women rely on the cheapest and third most common form or birth control men's condoms. The failure rate for condoms is 18%. The next most common form of birth control is withdrawal. The failure rate is 22%.
none of this matters. If a man doesn't want to be indebted to a child all his life the only thing he can do is keep it zipped up that's the choice he makes if you think women are incapable or too stupid to make that choice you my friend are a misogynist.
Becoming pregnant is not a choice when birth control is being used but it fails. Facts don't seem to have any impact on your posts. You appear to be ignoring anything doesn't support your antagonism toward women.
yes it is you can't get pregnant unless you engage in an act unless you're raped it's a choice.

none of this matters. If a man doesn't want to be indebted to a child all his life the only thing he can do is keep it zipped up that's the choice he makes if you think women are incapable or too stupid to make that choice you my friend are a misogynist.
yes it is you can't get pregnant unless you engage in an act unless you're raped it's a choice.

So in order to stop abortions you are going to ban them and institute a 100% abstinence policy for those who do not want to be pregnant. How will you enforce this? Sex police? Bedroom monitors? Automobile monitors? What do you envision as punishment for having sex? Why do you think abstinence will work with adults. It doesn't work with teens.

Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to have health insurance cover all forms of female contraceptives?

So in order to stop abortions you are going to ban them and institute a 100% abstinence policy for those who do not want to be pregnant. How will you enforce this? Sex police? Bedroom monitors? Automobile monitors? What do you envision as punishment for having sex? Why do you think abstinence will work with adults. It doesn't work with teens.

Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to have health insurance cover all forms of female contraceptives?
Well once we ban dancing things will get easier

OH yeah. Especially toward women who do want sex but don't want kids. That comes through loud and clear.

So...is your position that if a woman never wants children, she "should" remain celibate for life as punishment? :rolleyes:

42.4% are aged 25 to 35
“I am too immature to raise a child�

Serial killers often think they did the right thing as well. Nothing like taking a life to satiate the dark passenger eh?

Becoming pregnant is choice therefore nobody forced you to do anything you chose to do it.

You can believe whatever you want regarding sex and pregnancy. That doesn't mean your belief is fact. And the fact is that for many women, myself included, choosing to have sex is not choosing to get pregnant, especially when birth control is used.

Back
Top Bottom