• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservapedia; everything wrong with modern conservatism

In lots of ways conservatism has turned into escapism. A religion. Religion doesn't have to make sense, just has to make you feel good. Some know it all is in charge. "I alone can fix it" Trumpy to the rescue

Trump offers hope to the hopeless and eternal salvation. There is no other way than through him.

trumpjesus.jpg

Today's 'conservatives' -- the quotes suggesting the group's name is inappropriate -- seems to be little more than simply to put down liberals regardless of the liberal position. This differs from working from an intellectually-derived ideology.

As for the Republican Party, we can examine what the party stands for by reading the formal platform drafted and voted upon during the Republican 2000 convention. Those who take time to track it down may be surprised.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

I have seen at least one member here unironically refer to "Globohomo" as a real thing.
I (in vain) petitioned the mods to at "globohomo" as a political leaning option as I find it funny to lean into it. It really is such a ridiculous term I simple cannot take it seriously.

I (in vain) petitioned the mods to at "globohomo" as a political leaning option as I find it funny to lean into it. It really is such a ridiculous term I simple cannot take it seriously.

Be careful now- keep this up and that Jewish space laser thingy is gonna zap ya!:ROFLMAO:

It certainly makes anyone who uses the term sound stupid. Like saying "The Big Jewy Conspiracy." "Globohomo" sounds like something a fourth-grader would come up with as an insult.

Conservapedia sounds like the Onion and Donald Trump sounds like an SNL host. they're both very entertaining and knee-slappingly hilarious- until you realize so many people actually take this stuff dead serious.

It has been many years since I checked out the idiocy on Conservapedia, but I remember a couple favorites being their article ranting about how the Theory of Relativity was Marxism or whatever, and the fact that they used to have a lot of citations that just said "this actually happened." Example

Claim about some thing^1

1: This actually happened

Its concerning that a majority of the posters there aren't trolls

These are the same clowns that want to rewrite the bible to get rid of the liberal bits.

Like, you know, Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom