• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Compare your local school

I think the most interesting thing is seeing how your state compares with the rest of the states. I am disappointed for North Carolina's expectations for students.

Wow. What a great site. Thank you.

This site really illustrates how far behind we are in the US compared to other industrialized nations when it comes to educating our students. It's really sad. How much longer do you thing we can succeed with results like this?

This link illustrates the brilliance the Good Reverend has in picking his home town. 96% up in all categories. :thumbs:

State expectations for students

The national test uses a common set of metrics for students in all states and sets a high bar for student achievement. States' expectations and standardized tests vary greatly. Compared to the national test, Texas sets a dramatically lower bar for student achievement.

Uggg and this is the state that text publishers use to determine what books will be used nationally.

Uggg and this is the state that text publishers use to determine what books will be used nationally.

My state has pretty much gone to power point slides because they can't find suitable text books in a few subjects.

So, North Dakota pretty much rocks, then, huh?

Duh why else do you think they put that in there George

I'm sorry, but that website is pure liberal crap. I gurantee it's about as accurate as the website Biden set up to track stimulus money. After all, it was created with the same purpose in mind. Government educated people will always feel good if they have a website with pretty colors.

I'm sorry, but that website is pure liberal crap. I gurantee it's about as accurate as the website Biden set up to track stimulus money. After all, it was created with the same purpose in mind. Government educated people will always feel good if they have a website with pretty colors.

I'm sure you will attest to your non partisanship, right?

Actually in terms of North and South Carolina it is pretty spot on.

I'm sure you will attest to your non partisanship, right?

No, I will attest to having common sense. How can you compare standardized state test scores when each state gives a different test. To make it easier for you to understand, different states have different expectations with different results. How are they comparable?

Actually in terms of North and South Carolina it is pretty spot on.

How do you know? Do both states give the exact the same test and have the exact same results and expectations? Do you give the test yourself?

Last edited:
No, I will attest to having common sense. How can you compare standardized state test scores when each state gives a different test. To make it easier for you to understand, different states have different expectations with different results. How are they comparable?

Do you know their methodology? If so please post it.

Do you know their methodology? If so please post it.

Yea, it's called not being a lazy liberal and reading more than just the pretty colors. Also, what do you want to bet that this was the result from one of Obama's education summits.

Yea, it's called not being a lazy liberal and reading more than just the pretty colors. Also, what do you want to bet that this was the result from one of Obama's education summits.

You would probably know that if you bothered to read and research the site.

You would probably know that if you bothered to read and research the site.

Same goes for the methodology. Also, what was that about being non-partisian? From what I remember, Obama's summits were very partisan

Same goes for the methodology. Also, what was that about being non-partisian? From what I remember, Obama's summits were very partisan

So you have decided the site in question was the result of some Obama summit?

Oh you are just to lazy to do any research and back up your claims.

Is that the best you have? How pathetic. If you really want to talk about being lazy, why don't you tell your fellow Obama supporters to get a job and stop mooching off of me.

There is a reason why conservatives are on the right and it's because we are.

How do you know? Do both states give the exact the same test and have the exact same results and expectations? Do you give the test yourself?

I didn't give the tests myself, but I have taken them. Truth of the matter is the tests aren't that hard.

So, why do you think that it's "pure liberal crap". Do you have proof that it is or are you just assuming as such because you don't like the outcome?

Is that the best you have? How pathetic. If you really want to talk about being lazy, why don't you tell your fellow Obama supporters to get a job and stop mooching off of me.

There is a reason why conservatives are on the right and it's because we are.

You're about crossing the line of mindless belligerent, its getting old. Why don't you prove these affiliated groups are liberal. Or they must be because they're on a sleek, blue website. You have alot of judgements for not being able to add any knowledge yourself.

Last edited:
I didn't give the tests myself, but I have taken them. Truth of the matter is the tests aren't that hard.

So you took the same test in the same grade in both states? How is that possible? The fact that you are telling me they aren't that hard tells me a lot at how poor of a job the teachers union do.

Back
Top Bottom