• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comey says he's reached agreement with Republicans for testimony

Some people are so desperate to stay in the news. Why is Comey still relevant today? This poor man must be calling MSNBC and CNN daily for a job!

Dude, the Republicans are subpoenaing Comey. So by your "logic" the Republicans are the ones "desperate to stay in the news".:lamo

I think both sides are just hoping that nobody embarrasses the country any more than is absolutely necessary.

That is the problem. How do you deal with the evil puppet when it is the rich and powerful calling all the shots.

Well, it would be kinda illegal to ignore a congressional subpoena. Comey knows this.

He also knows that if he can blow off a subpoena that easy, it'll damage Mueller's case against Cohen, because the "lying to Congress" charge is weak as ****, anyway.

Mueller's entire case is weakened because he's ignoring the crimes Comey has committed. Comey wants to do what he can to take that off the table.

Without intending to, apdst actually brought up a legitimate point: if Comey fights the subpoena he would be challenging the kind of legitimacy the House will need in the coming two years as they subpoena the bejeezus out of the White House. If Comey fought the subpoena and actually won (unlikely as that might seem)...that would create a precedent Republicans could use to fight House subpoenas. And frankly, even if Comey lost it would still be bad for everyone. Also, a Mueller investigation witness fighting a legitimate power of Congress just looks bad...period.

And here’s a another question, what about Loretta Lynch ? What about everyone else who might have seen something a cyber threat like nsa cia? You know I’m going to go off course a little bit but, it’s pretty interesting how we are jumping around from the Intelligence committee and, etc. my question is why has anyone STOPPED and ask if our election needs to be more secure that should be our priority and then we can figure who did what and why!

Without intending to, apdst actually brought up a legitimate point: if Comey fights the subpoena he would be challenging the kind of legitimacy the House will need in the coming two years as they subpoena the bejeezus out of the White House. If Comey fought the subpoena and actually won (unlikely as that might seem)...that would create a precedent Republicans could use to fight House subpoenas. And frankly, even if Comey lost it would still be bad for everyone. Also, a Mueller investigation witness fighting a legitimate power of Congress just looks bad...period.

Actually, that's one of the points I was making.

Glad to see you can come out of the darkness for a few minutes. Nice to see it. Too bad it won't last long.

Agreed. And he also strikes me as a bit impetuous, with none of these being qualities we usually associate with very high ranking lawmen.

Comey's been insulated by the establishment all these years. The establishment is facing it's greatest threat, ever. Mueller's trying to protect the establishment and put the genie back in the bottle.

Some people are so desperate to stay in the news. Why is Comey still relevant today? This poor man must be calling MSNBC and CNN daily for a job!

Its the Republicans that insist on keeping him relevant. They are the ones calling him to Washington once again.

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought Comey was for the most part ok with testifying, he just wanted to make sure most of it was in an open hearing. (aside from classified stuff)

Comey's been insulated by the establishment all these years. The establishment is facing it's greatest threat, ever. Mueller's trying to protect the establishment and put the genie back in the bottle.

Now, genie is too nice a word. It implies wisdom, wit and power. None of those apply to Trump. I think its more like an exorcism. You know, removing Satan.

Now, genie is too nice a word. It implies wisdom, wit and power. None of those apply to Trump. I think its more like an exorcism. You know, removing Satan.

Skeered for your communist agenda?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...estify-privately-and-have-transcript-released

Former FBI Director James Comey tweeted Sunday that he had reached a deal with Republican lawmakers regarding his testimony before Congress.

"Grateful for a fair hearing from judge. Hard to protect my rights without being in contempt, which I don’t believe in," Comey wrote on Twitter, following a hearing on Comey's challenge to a GOP-issued subpoena.
=======================================
Comey will be free to talk about his testimony & a transcript will be released within 24 hours. But watch for the inevitable Republican spin.

You're right, the Democrats and Comey would never spin a thing :lamo

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought Comey was for the most part ok with testifying, he just wanted to make sure most of it was in an open hearing. (aside from classified stuff)

That is absolutely true, but in the coming two years we're not going to want people who are subpoenaed to have overly much to say about whether they get to testify in a public or a closed hearing. Think of this as his penance for the Comey Letter: the Republicans will look douchey, and he'll be dirtied just by virtue of proximity to their foolishness, but he'll get over it.

Actually, that's one of the points I was making.

Glad to see you can come out of the darkness for a few minutes. Nice to see it. Too bad it won't last long.

You had a legitimate point buried under a pile of garbage, and I did the forum the service of cleaning the legitimate point of that garbage. You're welcome.

What does Trump have to do with this? Oh...wait...do you think HE'S calling the shots in Congress?

So "Showboat Comey" reached a deal to provide further showboating...

I am shocked!

You had a legitimate point buried under a pile of garbage, and I did the forum the service of cleaning the legitimate point of that garbage. You're welcome.

It's still good to see you come out from behind your superiority complex. You're back now. :lamo

No, your agenda is fascist.

My agenda is a limited constitutional government that protects natural rights. It's moronic to call that fascist. :lamo

Well, it would be kinda illegal to ignore a congressional subpoena. Comey knows this.

He also knows that if he can blow off a subpoena that easy, it'll damage Mueller's case against Cohen, because the "lying to Congress" charge is weak as ****, anyway.

Mueller's entire case is weakened because he's ignoring the crimes Comey has committed. Comey wants to do what he can to take that off the table.

The only crimes Comey has committed are in the Right Wing imagination.

i would have stalled them for a month. i don't see why he wants to give the lame duck congress a last attempt at grandstanding. there will be plenty of investigations coming up, except these will be real investigations rather than defect-o-ramas for Trump.

I can see why Comey reached an agreement. All he wanted was for the hearings to be public, so he wouldn't have his reputation smeared with poop thrown by the Trumpanzees. A transcript of the hearing, unredacted, is just as good as a public hearing.

Back
Top Bottom