• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CNN Poll of PA has Biden up 5 with Registered Voters, but Biden up 10 with Likely Voters

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I won't make any direct accusations here, but it looks like liberal pollsters might be up to some more shenanigans...

CNN polled PA, and Biden led by 5 points with Registered Voters. Then, mysteriously, Biden's lead doubled to 10 points when CNN extracted "likely voters" from the group.

Same pattern in Florida.

CNN polled FL, and Biden led by 2 points with Registered Voters. Then, mysteriously, Biden's lead doubled to 4 points when CNN extracted "likely voters" from the group.

Of course, likely voters is what registers in RCP, and affects the RCP averages, which affect the Biden campaign's ability to raise money. And, low and behold, CNN is advertising Biden with a "double digit lead" in Pennsylvania.

Hmmm...

I won't make any direct accusations here, but it looks like liberal pollsters might be up to some more shenanigans...

CNN polled PA, and Biden led by 5 points with Registered Voters. Then, mysteriously, Biden's lead doubled to 10 points when CNN extracted "likely voters" from the group.

Same pattern in Florida.

CNN polled FL, and Biden led by 2 points with Registered Voters. Then, mysteriously, Biden's lead doubled to 4 points when CNN extracted "likely voters" from the group.

Of course, likely voters is what registers in RCP, and affects the RCP averages, which affect the Biden campaign's ability to raise money. And, low and behold, CNN is advertising Biden with a "double digit lead" in Pennsylvania.

Hmmm...

You don't know how to read polls. RV and LV are not the same thing.

Registered voters are all people who are registered to vote.
Likely voters are voters who voted in the last election. Because not all registered voters actually vote.

It's a damn Communist Network News conspiracy I tell ya! Tucker said so and Sean agreed!

Goddamn hippies.

0*zOvXWKV9hTqnl2X5.png

You don't know how to read polls. RV and LV are not the same thing.

Registered voters are all people who are registered to vote.
Likely voters are voters who voted in the last election. Because not all registered voters actually vote.
Everyone knows that, PowerRob lol.

However, it is nearly unheard of to have a candidate's lead double as a result of extracting "likely voters" from the pool. Especially from a 5 point margin to a 10 point margin.

Bullshit. You just are upset because Trump is losing badly and because you don't know how to read polls. No go back to RCP and bounce around until you can cherry pick the ones you like and spam the forum with them. It's what you do.

Bullshit. You just are upset because Trump is losing badly and because you don't know how to read polls.
To the contrary.

It is almost unheard of to have a candidate leading by 5 points with Registered Voters, and then to have to lead mysteriously double to 10 points when the pollster filters out "likely voters."

Once again, CNN is playing games.

I anticipate a large number of CNN guppies flooding onto this thread angrily. As they do every time I criticize Jeff Zucker in any way.

To the contrary.

It is almost unheard of to have a candidate leading by 5 points with Registered Voters, and then to have to lead mysteriously double to 10 points when the pollster filters out "likely voters."

I anticipate a large number of CNN guppies flooding onto this thread angrily. As they do every time I criticize Jeff Zucker in any way.
It is? Prove that

Go through 538, and find me another example of a poll where the margin doubled from single digits to double digits when "likely voters" were filtered from the sample.
No I dont feel like doing that.

So no proof? That's what I thought

Its time for the daily OP meltdown....

Bonus.....even more CNN hatred and conspiracy!

To the contrary.

Maybe it is because you are obsessed with Jeff Zucker, I mean you think he personally intervened and took away the right for you to share a CNN video!

Guppies.....lol

To the contrary.

lol... you're so desperate.

Last edited:
lol... you're so desperate.
I knew it.

Any time I criticize CNN, this happens lol. I could even make a list of certain posters who will flood onto this thread soon.

How mysterious it is.

Zucker is a snake.

I knew it.

Any time I criticize CNN, this happens lol. I could even make a list of certain posters who will flood onto this thread soon.

How mysterious it is.

Zucker is a snake.

Quit crying.

The other polls today on 538 show Biden in Penn +6, +7, and +8. And you act like it's out of bounds.

Quit crying.

The other polls today on 538 show Biden in Penn +6, +7, and +8. And you act like it's out of bounds.
What makes this "out of bounds" is the fact that the polling firm clearly got the Biden +5 results, and then manipulated the filtration process of likely voters so that CNN would be able to publish an article claiming Biden was "up by double digits."

It is nearly unheard of to get Biden +5 with RV, but then Biden +10 with LV.

I knew it.

How mysterious it is.

Zucker is a snake.
I'm telling Zucker....he is gonna be pissed. :LOL:

What makes this "out of bounds" is the fact that the polling firm clearly got the Biden +5 results, and then manipulated the filtration process of likely voters so that CNN would be able to publish an article claiming Biden was "up by double digits."

It is nearly unheard of to get Biden +5 with RV, but then Biden +10 with LV.
Now with conspiracy theories. So desperate.

Then, it is heard of. Why are we even talking about this?

Where I live it almost never rains. When it does rain, should we consider it "mysterious"?
Well, the election is in two weeks, so this isn't the biggest deal.

Regardless of who wins, however, I don't like how much influence Zucker is having over this election. And the shenanigans in which he is engaged.

I don't think I've ever been polled for one of these things.

Which, when you think about the population of PA vs the size of these polls, is not really that surprising.

Well, the election is in two weeks, so this isn't the biggest deal.

Regardless of who wins, however, I don't like how much influence Zucker is having over this election. And the shenanigans in which he is engaged.
Zucker is gonna get a restraining order.

Back
Top Bottom