• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN, MSNBC, NBC and more worry about bloodbath for the Democrats in midterms:

I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately. Their rancor and snark which is always their hallmark has of late increased to a level where any pretense of an adult conversation is non existent. Maybe this is why?

“Democrats’ dwindling chances of victory in November with a "Midterm meter" that placed the president’s party in the "shellacking" category, below bad, decent, and exceptional.

et tu Brute?

I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately. Their rancor and snark which is always their hallmark has of late increased to a level where any pretense of an adult conversation is non existent. Maybe this is why?

“Democrats’ dwindling chances of victory in November with a "Midterm meter" that placed the president’s party in the "shellacking" category, below bad, decent, and exceptional.

I've noticed the very same thing. Actual conversations are very hard to come by. If the Biden situation doesn't improve (which will so likely impact November 2022), I expect the DP tone to grow increasingly worse. Then, those of us who were on political forums right after the 2016 election, well remember what happens to these forums when elections go badly for Dems - all h@ll breaks loose from them.

I've noticed the very same thing. Actual conversations are very hard to come by. If the Biden situation doesn't improve (which will so likely impact November 2022), I expect the DP tone to grow increasingly worse. Then, those of us who were on political forums right after the 2016 election, well remember what happens to these forums when elections go badly for Dems - all h@ll breaks loose from them.
Depends who's conversing. Your posts are generally well thought out. Others aren't.

I disagree on hell breaking loose. Some screamed after Virginia, but most shrugged it off and went on with life

Which is why many ruling elite Republicans sided with democrats against Trump. He is the swamps biggest nightmare.
No doubt about that. No swamp in Trump and it simply infuriated the swamp - and it still does. And no matter how much they hoped maybe they'd mold him over time or he'd become more swamp like, he simply didn't and won't.

If going by the numbers today, today being the key word. The chances of the GOP regaining control of the house is very good. While the senate is still 50-50. Redistricting probably has benefitted the Democrats to the tune of them adding 10 Democratic leaning seats while the Republicans lost 6 GOP leaning seats. This probably will prevent a red wave election, but won’t stop the Democrats from losing control of the House. Here’s the latest on redistricting. Make what you will of the numbers.

REDISTRICTING as of 5 April 2022

Maryland became the 47th state to complete their redistricting process. There are now 3 states left. 397 districts are now completed, leaving 38 districts to be redrawn. There are 41 competitive, switchable, at risk districts. Currently held by 28 Democrats and 13 Republicans. Safe seats as of 5 Apr 2022, 178 Democratic, 178 Republican.

The importance of safe seats is that they let you know how many seats from the competitive/at risk column and those districts yet to be redrawn a party must win to gain control of the House. As of today, the democrats need 40 more seats to reach the magic number of 218. The Republicans also need 40. It remains to be seen how many safe seats each of the 3 remaining states add to each party’s safe seat column along with how many will go into the competitive/at risk column. The 3 remaining states are New Hampshire, Florida and Missouri.

Florida and Missouri when they complete their redistricting will certainly give the GOP the edge in safe seats. New Hampshire will probably add two competitive/at risk seats. But since these are still out there, not completed yet, I’ll go by just the 47 states which are finished with redistricting. Which would indicate an 8-12 seat pick up for the Republicans. This is dynamic, it will change. But thanks to redistricting/gerrymandering, the democrats seemed to have spared themselves being victims of a red wave.

The senate, Democratic held seats of Arizona and Georgia, Republican held seats of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and North Carolina are all 50-50 at this point in time. No drastic change will occur in the senate.
Yep, redistricting is going well for the Dems. They clearly paid closer attention to the topic and they made gains.
In the Senate, I think the GOP will pick up GA, Nevada, and AZ. PA will likely be a close election but in this particular midterm environment (with Biden really hurting his party), I think there is a better than 50% chance the GOP will keep PA. But, if I were to take a guess (today), I'll go with 53 GOP Senate seats following the election.

Depends who's conversing. Your posts are generally well thought out. Others aren't.

I disagree on hell breaking loose. Some screamed after Virginia, but most shrugged it off and went on with life
Thank you about my posts. I like political conversations and I try to be civil with those willing to do the same.
I didn't think the reaction to VA was too strong. The strongest reaction was the pleased and surprised reaction from the right. I know I was rather stunned at VA and NJ. Most on the left seemed to justify it as not being more of a unique one-off, in their opinion.
While I think the GOP will do well in November and I'll be thrilled if so, mostly what that means is they'll be able to put a big dent in more of Biden policies getting through. Since I think Biden policy is so bad, I think a roadblock will be a good thing. But, with Biden (or Harris should Biden retire) as POTUS, it's not like the GOP will be able to do or undo much unless and until they win the presidency in 24.

Yep, redistricting is going well for the Dems. They clearly paid closer attention to the topic and they made gains.
In the Senate, I think the GOP will pick up GA, Nevada, and AZ. PA will likely be a close election but in this particular midterm environment (with Biden really hurting his party), I think there is a better than 50% chance the GOP will keep PA. But, if I were to take a guess (today), I'll go with 53 GOP Senate seats following the election.
It’s too early for me to come up with final numbers. I do think Walker, the UGA star will win the Georgia seat. Close. Republicans don’t have that advantage down here they once had. How independents vote will decide. I think the GOP will hang onto North Carolina. But with Fetterman, he has a slight advantage in Pennsylvania right now. Nevada is always put into the swing state category, it also seems the democrat comes out on top. Arizona, Kelly the ex-astronaut. Today, he seems to be squeaking by. No final figures, not yet. Wisconsin will be interesting also.

There’s always something unforeseen that sticks up its ugly head. It could be charges against Hunter Biden or even charges against Trump. Or something totally unforeseen. How much of an impact that will have, I’m not sure if it does happen? There are two grand juries that have been empaneled to investigate election interference here. But basically, nothing has come out as to what is going on with that. Surprisingly, Kemp is leading Trump endorsed Perdue in the GOP primary for governor. I didn’t expect that. But many of us Georgians are happy with Kemp even if Trump isn’t.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/governor/Georgia.html

Lots of time left, this may not be your normal midterms. As in a historical sense.

Thank you about my posts. I like political conversations and I try to be civil with those willing to do the same.
I didn't think the reaction to VA was too strong. The strongest reaction was the pleased and surprised reaction from the right. I know I was rather stunned at VA and NJ. Most on the left seemed to justify it as not being more of a unique one-off, in their opinion.
While I think the GOP will do well in November and I'll be thrilled if so, mostly what that means is they'll be able to put a big dent in more of Biden policies getting through. Since I think Biden policy is so bad, I think a roadblock will be a good thing. But, with Biden (or Harris should Biden retire) as POTUS, it's not like the GOP will be able to do or undo much unless and until they win the presidency in 24.
Understood, but today's Senate needs 60 votes to pass just about anything. I don't think the Senate will change much. Sometimes gridlock is good. I'm not sure this is one of those times, but we'll see what a republican house does.

Understood, but today's Senate needs 60 votes to pass just about anything. I don't think the Senate will change much. Sometimes gridlock is good. I'm not sure this is one of those times, but we'll see what a republican house does.
Yeah, I expect gridlock is pretty much what we'll experience after the midterms. The Senate won't get 60 of either party and the president will have veto options - so, yes, gridlock.

You have a long history of not being able to grasp the mood of the country. Everything Biden and democrats do is being looked at with shock by main stream Americans. The coming election will reflect that.

You joined here last October. @Perotista has been posting on this board for many years, is very well respected, and he also is diligent with his election analyses which he is gracious enough to always share with us.

Where the hell do you get off talking about his "long history" of anything?

You joined here last October. @Perotista has been posting on this board for many years, is very well respected, and he also is diligent with his election analyses which he is gracious enough to always share with us.

Where the hell do you get off using all that fancy logic and facts, and shit like that?
Do you not know where you are? ;)

But with Fetterman, he has a slight advantage in Pennsylvania right now.
You often toss out comments like this with no sources. When I have requested your sources in the past, you've commented that you keep your own personal polling charts or data - by combining those made public.
I went to RCP and to 538 and did a google search - and can see no polling on the November PA matchup yet. I only see polling on the primary, in which Fetterman and McCormick are leading for their respective parties. So, what leads you to the conclusion that Fetterman has a November advantage?
The only available data I can find, as yet, regarding the November PA senate election is in the betting markets. Here is a three month chart of that race and it's remained quite consistent for 2 months.
Again, please tell me what data leads you to the conclusion that Fetterman has a slight advantage against his potential Republican candidate (looking like McCormick so far)?
I love to talk about upcoming elections and I know you do too. But, when either of us toss out more than guesses, don't you think sources are in order? Without sources, they're just guesses and I like guesses to - but they should be identified as guesses or opinions - would you agree?

Screenshot 2022-04-05 110027.png

The party that controls the White House losing seats in the midterm election. Wow. That's something we've never seen before. Except all the time.
It's a pretty safe bet. What makes that bet more interesting are the margins by which the party in control of the WH loses.

It's a pretty safe bet. What makes that bet more interesting are the margins by which the party in control of the WH loses.

It's happened in like every midterm but 2 in the last 100 years. FDR and GW Bush.

Obama and Clinton each lost about 60 seats in their first midterms. That's why neither one of them won re-election.

Oh wait....

Do you think he and I have never been in other forums or that this is the only online political forum? Think before posting.

It's happened in like every midterm but 2 in the last 100 years. FDR and GW Bush.

Obama and Clinton each lost about 60 seats in their first midterms. That's why neither one of them won re-election.

Oh wait....
I didn't mean the president necessarily loses re-election, but was referring to losing control of Congress.

Oh wait....
You actually think Obiden will run again?

Agreed that democrats will get whacked this year, however the same thing happened with Obama's midterms. The overall leftist direction of the country remains, and the disdain for meritocracy will continue.

However, republicans winning now and then serve to mitigate the speed at which the left will take over.
Partial agreement. But I don't buy the disdain for meritocracy if you think the Democrats disdain it - It's now the educated party, since Republicans don't want critical thinking.

you mean the party that is in charge is going to lose the midterms . . .GASP . . . .

that's never happened my entire life, I bet its super rare in the last 50 years!!!!!
</sarcasm>

😂🤣
holy stupidity post LMAO

No doubt about that. No swamp in Trump and it simply infuriated the swamp - and it still does. And no matter how much they hoped maybe they'd mold him over time or he'd become more swamp like, he simply didn't and won't.
How do you figure that? He had more administration officials, advisors, and close campaign associates criminally indicted than any president in modern history.

It’s amusing to me that the libs on here just can’t see the Elephant in the room.

Liberal policies don’t work, and the people that implement them are too grossly incompetent to see it.
The American public sees it pretty well, though.
Leftists look at the failed education systems, housing, policing, violent crime...pretty much EVERY category in EVERY major city across the country run by democrats for DECADES and think....yeah...we need MORE of this..............

****ing numbskulls.

Wow, Fox News thinks Dems will lose in a "bloodbath". Shocking :rolleyes:
Fox News also defends Putin and Trump, hates Democrats, books, and science.

I wouldn't believe anything Fox News says.

It’s amusing to me that the libs on here just can’t see the Elephant in the room.

Liberal policies don’t work, and the people that implement them are too grossly incompetent to see it.
The American public sees it pretty well, though.
Perhaps it's because, in spite of the problems with liberal policies, they also see that conservative policies led to every recession in modern history, and than liberal policies are what brought the country back from these recessions?

Leftists look at the failed education systems, housing, policing, violent crime...pretty much EVERY category in EVERY major city across the country run by democrats for DECADES and think....yeah...we need MORE of this..............

****ing numbskulls.

Some interesting stats in the OP.

Back
Top Bottom