• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN, MSNBC, NBC and more worry about bloodbath for the Democrats in midterms:

Lets see what policies the right will run on -

Investigate Hunter and Joe Biden
Ban gays
Ban abortions
Ban books
Investigate Hillary Clinton
Investigate Anthony Fauci
Ban vaccines
Ban masks
Re-install Trump as President.

Sounds like a lot of solid "policy".

you mean the party that is in charge is going to lose the midterms . . .GASP . . . .

that's never happened my entire life, I bet its super rare in the last 50 years!!!!!
</sarcasm>

😂🤣
holy stupidity post LMAO
Not just lose. It will be the Republican revolution all over again . Nobody wants what democrats have done.

You often toss out comments like this with no sources. When I have requested your sources in the past, you've commented that you keep your own personal polling charts or data - by combining those made public.
I went to RCP and to 538 and did a google search - and can see no polling on the November PA matchup yet. I only see polling on the primary, in which Fetterman and McCormick are leading for their respective parties. So, what leads you to the conclusion that Fetterman has a November advantage?
The only available data I can find, as yet, regarding the November PA senate election is in the betting markets. Here is a three month chart of that race and it's remained quite consistent for 2 months.
Again, please tell me what data leads you to the conclusion that Fetterman has a slight advantage against his potential Republican candidate (looking like McCormick so far)?
I love to talk about upcoming elections and I know you do too. But, when either of us toss out more than guesses, don't you think sources are in order? Without sources, they're just guesses and I like guesses to - but they should be identified as guesses or opinions - would you agree?

View attachment 67384002
Okay, I looked at Cook, Pennsylvania is a pure tossup. An open seat with is much easier to switch or win than beating an incumbent. Rothenberg has the seat as tilt Republican. Sabato list Pennsylvania as a pure tossup, he also moved Wisconsin from lean Republican to pure tossup for your info. Wisconsin was also moved from lean Republican to tilt Republican by Rothenberg. Split ticket has Pennsylvania also as a pure tossup. Race to WH has Fetterman chance of winning at 54.1% over McCormick. But they didn’t list any other GOP senate candidate, EP has Pennsylvania as leaning Democratic.

The polling matching Fetterman against Jeff Bartos and Oz are old, but both has Fetterman a couple of points ahead by Gainn Hart and data for progress. Then there were a few articles I’ve read either on Yahoo News, Politico, Philadelphia newspaper, the name eludes me, RCP articles which I get daily along with any other articles and polls, forecasts, predictions I can get my hands on.

I use all of these to form an opinion, usually by adding and dividing, averaging out, along his historical data from whatever state or race. I personally see Fetterman having a slight advantage. I don’t know why that would upset you. I do things differently; I don’t rely on just one source and I don’t do betting or gambling sites.

If I upset you so, just ignore me. I have my own method. My opinions or forecasts change daily on what I see on that day. They’re not written in stone until my last forecast on the day prior to the election. I don’t care who wins in Pennsylvania as long as my final forecast is right. Today it may be Fetterman, tomorrow it could be a republican. New numbers and data change things.

Perhaps I should have said, I give Fetterman a slight advantage based on what I have read, numbers I’ve seen, data I acquired. All subject to change based on new input. Better?

Lets see what policies the right will run on -

Investigate Hunter and Joe Biden
Ban gays
Ban abortions
Ban books
Investigate Hillary Clinton
Investigate Anthony Fauci
Ban vaccines
Ban masks
Re-install Trump as President.

Sounds like a lot of solid "policy".

Make gun available for everyone!
Check under peoples' skirts to see what their genitals look like.

Not just lose. It will be the Republican revolution all over again . Nobody wants what democrats have done.

I'm still waiting for you to show me this bloodbath that happened. The shellacking you mentioned. When did it happen and how many seats do the Republicans pick up?

It’s amusing to me that the libs on here just can’t see the Elephant in the room.

Liberal policies don’t work, and the people that implement them are too grossly incompetent to see it.
The American public sees it pretty well, though.
I agree....folks all over are really fed-up!!

I agree....folks all over are really fed-up!!
America has seen what democrats do when in power and they will sweep these idiots out like the mouse turds they are.

Perhaps I should have said, I give Fetterman a slight advantage based on what I have read, numbers I’ve seen, data I acquired. All subject to change based on new input. Better?
Well you certainly have me rooting for you opinion based on your analysis. I really, really like Fetterman and would love to see him take that Senate seat. I think he is could be the new face of the Dems....

If I upset you so, just ignore me. I have my own method. My opinions or forecasts change daily on what I see on that day. They’re not written in stone until my last forecast on the day prior to the election. I don’t care who wins in Pennsylvania as long as my final forecast is right. Today it may be Fetterman, tomorrow it could be a republican. New numbers and data change things.

You don't upset me at all. I LOVE to talk about elections and polls. I just wish when you make statements about a race, you'd indicate where you are obtaining the info or, better yet, provide a link to the source. I like to look at details but your comments leave me wondering - from where is he getting that. Sometimes it leaves me feeling like it's just partisan wishful thinking. BUT, I'd love to be able to read your comments and know you did the homework for what you are presenting - because, again, I love discussions of elections and polls. You seem to be the other poster I'm aware of who shares that interest and I'd like to be able to converse with you about it - but you don't provide the sources necessary to lead to further discussion about a point you've made.
Now, if you're making a guess and indicate as such - that's a fun discussion too, but it's a different kind of discussion.
I remember when I started on DP, I began seeing your posts and thought, cool, another person who likes to drill down on polls. But just blanket statements without backup have made me not nearly as interested - which for me, is kind of a bummer.
Anyway, you'll post in whatever way you choose but I'd sure enjoy paying attention to and reading those comments if they had associated backup or even just a mention of a source so I can look into it myself.

You don't upset me at all. I LOVE to talk about elections and polls. I just wish when you make statements about a race, you'd indicate where you are obtaining the info or, better yet, provide a link to the source. I like to look at details but your comments leave me wondering - from where is he getting that. Sometimes it leaves me feeling like it's just partisan wishful thinking. BUT, I'd love to be able to read your comments and know you did the homework for what you are presenting - because, again, I love discussions of elections and polls. You seem to be the other poster I'm aware of who shares that interest and I'd like to be able to converse with you about it - but you don't provide the sources necessary to lead to further discussion about a point you've made.
Now, if you're making a guess and indicate as such - that's a fun discussion too, but it's a different kind of discussion.
I remember when I started on DP, I began seeing your posts and thought, cool, another person who likes to drill down on polls. But just blanket statements without backup have made me not nearly as interested - which for me, is kind of a bummer.
Anyway, you'll post in whatever way you choose but I'd sure enjoy paying attention to and reading those comments if they had associated backup or even just a mention of a source so I can look into it myself.
LOL, well, like with Fetterman and that I view he has a slight advantage, I'd have to give you around 10 different links. Cook’s, Rothenberg’s, Sabato’s, RCP’s, RacetoWH, EP, politico, more perhaps, then links to several articles I read. I usually don’t save articles, so I’m up the creek there without a paddle. If I am going by one or two polls or articles or the like, I’ll usually post them. At least I think I do. But by averaging all these folks out, it probably would leave you wondering where I came up with that average as none of the polls or articles stated the numbers I gave. An example in keeping track of the house at risk seats. I’ll use cook, he has 32 Democratic seats and 13 Republican. Then I go to Rothenberg who has 24 Democratic and 13 Republican, I’ll add them up and divide and come up with 41 total at risk seats, you can throw in 538, EP and a few others too. But Cook has 45 competitive/switchable/at-risk seats, Rothenberg 37, 538 34. EP 40. Hence, I don’t match any of them.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/?cid=rrpromo

They all use different metrics, Cook will have solid, likely, lean, tossup. I use the lean and tossup along with the other party in the likely or solid column. The thing is my 41 competitive, switchable, at risk number won’t match any of those I obtain the data from. Who’s right? Cook? Rothenberg? 538? EP? Racetowh? RCP? I don’t know. But I think adding, dividing coming up with an average give credit to all those who’s input I took from without have to say everyone is wrong except this one. The same for safe seats, it’s an average from 5 or 6 different places.

Which is why many ruling elite Republicans sided with democrats against Trump. He is the swamps biggest nightmare.

True.

Lying thieves seem to support those folks who support their proclivities.

Lying thieves don't like those who stand in the way of their theft or who expose their lies.

Because the Dems don't know how to campaign anymore:

camp[aign.jpg

They should go for the throat: the GOP sides with Putin, backs child marriage, forces women and girls to have babies they don't want - even if they're raped, and wants to cut welfare, medicare, ACA, stop more people from voting and raise taxes on lower-income earners. All this is true. All the GOP does is take, take take.

But the stupid Dems will try 'outreach' again....and lose...again. They just can't do midterms.

I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately. Their rancor and snark which is always their hallmark has of late increased to a level where any pretense of an adult conversation is non existent. Maybe this is why?

“Democrats’ dwindling chances of victory in November with a "Midterm meter" that placed the president’s party in the "shellacking" category, below bad, decent, and exceptional.

Yeah, I've noticed as well...

My bleeds you know what for the leftist media's sudden concern for the upcoming midterms.
Maybe they should have thought more about this when they refused to vet then candidate basement Biden.

You have a long history of not being able to grasp the mood of the country. Everything Biden and democrats do is being looked at with shock by main stream Americans. The coming election will reflect that.

Yeah and then once the GOP are back in power, mainstream Americans will remember that they don’t like Republicans either. Unless you’ve forgotten that Republicans lost “bigly” in 2018 and 2020.

I remember after Bush got re-elected in 2004 Republicans were crowing that the Dems would never win another election. Then along came 2006 and 2008. The pendulum swings back and forth. Only blind partisans think their side represents the “real” America. If the GOP takes Congress in November and the WH in 2024, expect your own “bloodbath” in 2026.

I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately.

Funny, I could say the same the Republicans here. The screeching about Hunter Biden, Sleepy Joe and paedos is deafening. What happened with CRT, did you guys forgot about that? Guess Tucker and Hannity lost interest in it. Bigger fish to fry defending war crimes in Ukraine I suppose.

But with Fetterman, he has a slight advantage in Pennsylvania right now.
Perotista, I've already addressed this sentence (per my finding it to be a hmmm, questionable, unsupported claim when I read what you wrote), but I just noticed this article pop up on my newsfeed and thought I'd link it for you so you could take it into your consideration as you apply your methodology. My guess is you'll discount it. You gave a description of your "method" and I read it but, in all honesty even after reading what you wrote which did not provide support to the slight Fetterman advantage you claimed, I think you must be applying the "wishful thinking" aspect to that claim. I'll certainly be watching the polls on this PA senate race as the race approaches. If they turn in Fetterman's favor (nothing showing me that yet), I'll agree with your claim. But, for now, I think it has no backup besides your hope.

I remember after Bush got re-elected in 2004 Republicans were crowing that the Dems would never win another election. Then along came 2006 and 2008. The pendulum swings back and forth. Only blind partisans think their side represents the “real” America. If the GOP takes Congress in November and the WH in 2024, expect your own “bloodbath” in 2026.
That's a fair and likely point. It does tend to swing back and forth.

What happened with CRT, did you guys forgot about that? Guess Tucker and Hannity lost interest in it. Bigger fish to fry defending war crimes in Ukraine I suppose.
The 2021 VA election did a pretty good job of handling the CRT issue in a positive way, as in making parents and voters VERY aware of it and likely impacting/altering the makeup of school boards significantly in near term elections - also in a positive way.
Definitely bigger fish to fry now with an election approaching - the utter incompetence and damage of Joe Biden with the border, inflation, energy, crime and more.

Leftists look at the failed education systems, housing, policing, violent crime...pretty much EVERY category in EVERY major city across the country run by democrats for DECADES and think....yeah...we need MORE of this..............

****ing numbskulls.
Where did you get the notion that Democrats were running the country when all this failure was occurring?

In the early-mid 1960s, the US had the highest intelligence level in the world, SAT scores through the roof. In the late 1960s, we tackled the poverty problem. And the 1960s and 1970s were famous for Democrats. But the GOP took over states in the South and then gradually took over state governments over a huge chunk of the US. It had power in the 1990s despite Clinton. It had power under Bush, Jr. In 2012 when Obama was reelected, even though a million more people voted for Democrats than Republicans in the House, the Republicans had a majority there. And after ages of Republicans, we're a dumbed down violent place.

And where are these failed systems? Red states are less educated. They have much higher rates of violent crime. They are better known for unjust policing. I admit housing is crap regardless of state. I won't blame the cities, because rural rednecks are uneducated, inherited their houses, are frequently prejudiced, and the South has violent crime even in the boondocks.

I'd blame it all on Republicans for my self-satisfaction, but the truth is, if we get better educated as we age, there comes a point when the stupidity of people of a large number of political persuasions is both more obvious and more annoying.

Where did you get the notion that Democrats were running the country when all this failure was occurring?

In the early-mid 1960s, the US had the highest intelligence level in the world, SAT scores through the roof. In the late 1960s, we tackled the poverty problem. And the 1960s and 1970s were famous for Democrats. But the GOP took over states in the South and then gradually took over state governments over a huge chunk of the US. It had power in the 1990s despite Clinton. It had power under Bush, Jr. In 2012 when Obama was reelected, even though a million more people voted for Democrats than Republicans in the House, the Republicans had a majority there. And after ages of Republicans, we're a dumbed down violent place.

And where are these failed systems? Red states are less educated. They have much higher rates of violent crime. They are better known for unjust policing. I admit housing is crap regardless of state. I won't blame the cities, because rural rednecks are uneducated, inherited their houses, are frequently prejudiced, and the South has violent crime even in the boondocks.

I'd blame it all on Republicans for my self-satisfaction, but the truth is, if we get better educated as we age, there comes a point when the stupidity of people of a large number of political persuasions is both more obvious and more annoying.
EVERY major city. EVERY failed school district. EVERY failed minority community. Bush, Clinton...presidents don't run cities. Presidents don't govern cities. Governors don't run cities. Democrats have governed Chicago since 1933. Baltimore since the 60s. Democrats have controlled every failed school district in the country for at least 5-6 DECADES...and in many cases going all the way back to the 1880s.

I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately.
200.gif

I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately. Their rancor and snark which is always their hallmark has of late increased to a level where any pretense of an adult conversation is non existent. Maybe this is why?

“Democrats’ dwindling chances of victory in November with a "Midterm meter" that placed the president’s party in the "shellacking" category, below bad, decent, and exceptional.

The "why" is because the Trump-Putin-Orban-LaPen "stench" is extremely disturbing given Putin's "crimes against the peace".

"..A vocal opponent of the United States and NATO, she has pledged to remove France from their spheres of influence.[14] She is a supporter of Russian president Vladimir Putin and has advocated closer cooperation with Russia both before and after[15] the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022.[16] "

The U.S. and its allies are sending weapons to Ukraine while Trump party just can't break from its irresistible attraction to the worst
of the worst in the U.S., Europe, and Russia.

A reasonable person would assume the havoc, death and misery resulting from "Putinism" and the history of the destruction of our
own Civil War, Reconstruction, and Jim Crow era would influence U.S. RWE not to keep going in the direction of Putin and his three
prominent sycophants I named above.

The U.S. election in November will indicate whether U.S. descent into madness resembling the present Putin imposed "lifestyle" in Ukraine
is what we too cannot rule out as more likely than not in our future.

An American major political party that is 86 percent white in 2022 must "go by different rules" to do to the other two branches of
the U.S. government what it has done to the SCOTUS.

That this impending inflection point exists is difficult to wrap the mind around. President Zelenskyy of Ukraine never received the Trump dangled invitation to the White House.

April 5, 2022
In France, markets have been rattled by the fact that far-right candidate Marine Le Pen has gained steadily in opinion polls preceding this...

CPAC Under Fire For Hosting Event in Orban's Hungary

https://www.mediaite.com › News
14 hours ago — CPAC is holding its next big meeting in Hungary featuring Putin puppet Viktor Orban. The GOP is Putin's party. It's not a theory, not a slogan.

April 4, 2022
  • Donald Trump and a small number of House Republicans have also praised Putin and expressed skepticism about supporting Ukraine. Representative Liz Cheney has described them as “the Putin wing of the GOP.”

Last edited:
Funny, I could say the same the Republicans here. The screeching about Hunter Biden, Sleepy Joe and paedos is deafening. What happened with CRT, did you guys forgot about that? Guess Tucker and Hannity lost interest in it. Bigger fish to fry defending war crimes in Ukraine I suppose.
Their biggest fish to fry look to be the Border, Inflation, Foreign Policy, and Cultural Wars. Hunter probes will open as quickly as 1/6 probes close.

We’ve seen this story before —> 1994 & 2010; gop gerrymanders for this decade ‘solidified’ at-risk CDs in states like Texas versus overreaching.

Back
Top Bottom