• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN, MSNBC, NBC and more worry about bloodbath for the Democrats in midterms:

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately. Their rancor and snark which is always their hallmark has of late increased to a level where any pretense of an adult conversation is non existent. Maybe this is why?

“Democrats’ dwindling chances of victory in November with a "Midterm meter" that placed the president’s party in the "shellacking" category, below bad, decent, and exceptional.

I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately. Their rancor and snark which is always their hallmark has of late increased to a level where any pretense of an adult conversation is non existent. Maybe this is why?

“Democrats’ dwindling chances of victory in November with a "Midterm meter" that placed the president’s party in the "shellacking" category, below bad, decent, and exceptional.

Agreed that democrats will get whacked this year, however the same thing happened with Obama's midterms. The overall leftist direction of the country remains, and the disdain for meritocracy will continue.

However, republicans winning now and then serve to mitigate the speed at which the left will take over.

Agreed that democrats will get whacked this year, however the same thing happened with Obama's midterms. The overall leftist direction of the country remains, and the disdain for meritocracy will continue.

However, republicans winning now and then serve to mitigate the speed at which the left will take over.
DNC media disagrees with your assessment.

“The end of our country”​

It's a "bloodbath" if they think they're gonna win.

It's "rigged election" if they think they're gonna lose.

Every time.

:unsure:

I'm sure there's a reasonable innocent answer, not just a hilariously insane partisan bullshit answer. Right @Chainsawmassacre ?

DNC media disagrees with your assessment. “The end of our country”

Isn't that the exact thing the GOP promises every time a Democrat wins? You should approve!

Last edited:

Every time.

I'm sure there's a reasonable innocent answer, not just a hilariously insane partisan bullshit answer. Right @Chainsawmassacre ?

Isn't that the exact thing the GOP promises every time a Democrat wins? You should approve!
I’ve noticed that democrats in this forum have really gone off the rails lately. Their rancor and snark which is always their hallmark has of late increased to a level where any pretense of an adult conversation is non existent.

“The end of our country”​

It's a ploy designed to put republicans at ease. They made the same deal about the +6 republican seats in 2010 and +9 in 2014. A lot of good that did, since we've got CRT in the schools and men being defined as women.

Demographically, republicans are basically out in 30-40 years and we'll be one party rule. Don't get me wrong - I don't like where the US will end up, but that doesn't mean I can't see it coming.

Remember the "worst day of stocks for 2014"? It's basically the same premise.

Rancor and snark? Moi? Oy vey.

Every time.

No answer?

Figures. Give a Trumpist the opportunity to explain themselves, and they just shit on the floor. Then complain about how use of "them" killed Jesus again or whatever.

What a stupid thread. Why would MSM, responsible media care? Rating go way up when the antiAmerican orange God is in power.
🤡

The party that controls the White House losing seats in the midterm election. Wow. That's something we've never seen before. Except all the time.

The party that controls the White House losing seats in the midterm election. Wow. That's something we've never seen before. Except all the time.
"Shellacking", a "blood bath", not just losing seats.

It’s amusing to me that the libs on here just can’t see the Elephant in the room.

Liberal policies don’t work, and the people that implement them are too grossly incompetent to see it.
The American public sees it pretty well, though.

The solution to the damages caused by the Dems is hardly the Republicans, but it doesn't hurt too much.

We need a party that is not in favor of the politicians and the special interests, but rather in favor of the American people.

Neither the Democrats NOR the Republicans fit that definition.

foxnews from the OP yet again.

and no matter what happens the power flip flops back and forth. maybe you guys have noticed.

The solution to the damages caused by the Dems is hardly the Republicans, but it doesn't hurt too much.

We need a party that is not in favor of the politicians and the special interests, but rather in favor of the American people.

Neither the Democrats NOR the Republicans fit that definition.
Which is why many ruling elite Republicans sided with democrats against Trump. He is the swamps biggest nightmare.

If going by the numbers today, today being the key word. The chances of the GOP regaining control of the house is very good. While the senate is still 50-50. Redistricting probably has benefitted the Democrats to the tune of them adding 10 Democratic leaning seats while the Republicans lost 6 GOP leaning seats. This probably will prevent a red wave election, but won’t stop the Democrats from losing control of the House. Here’s the latest on redistricting. Make what you will of the numbers.

REDISTRICTING as of 5 April 2022

Maryland became the 47th state to complete their redistricting process. There are now 3 states left. 397 districts are now completed, leaving 38 districts to be redrawn. There are 41 competitive, switchable, at risk districts. Currently held by 28 Democrats and 13 Republicans. Safe seats as of 5 Apr 2022, 178 Democratic, 178 Republican.

The importance of safe seats is that they let you know how many seats from the competitive/at risk column and those districts yet to be redrawn a party must win to gain control of the House. As of today, the democrats need 40 more seats to reach the magic number of 218. The Republicans also need 40. It remains to be seen how many safe seats each of the 3 remaining states add to each party’s safe seat column along with how many will go into the competitive/at risk column. The 3 remaining states are New Hampshire, Florida and Missouri.

Florida and Missouri when they complete their redistricting will certainly give the GOP the edge in safe seats. New Hampshire will probably add two competitive/at risk seats. But since these are still out there, not completed yet, I’ll go by just the 47 states which are finished with redistricting. Which would indicate an 8-12 seat pick up for the Republicans. This is dynamic, it will change. But thanks to redistricting/gerrymandering, the democrats seemed to have spared themselves being victims of a red wave.

The senate, Democratic held seats of Arizona and Georgia, Republican held seats of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and North Carolina are all 50-50 at this point in time. No drastic change will occur in the senate.

"Shellacking", a "blood bath", not just losing seats.

I didn't realize the midterms have already happened! I know I was out of the country for 2 weeks but I didn't hear anything about it. How many seats did the Republicans pick up in this "shellacking" and "blood bath"?

If going by the numbers today, today being the key word. The chances of the GOP regaining control of the house is very good. While the senate is still 50-50. Redistricting probably has benefitted the Democrats to the tune of them adding 10 Democratic leaning seats while the Republicans lost 6 GOP leaning seats. This probably will prevent a red wave election, but won’t stop the Democrats from losing control of the House. Here’s the latest on redistricting. Make what you will of the numbers.

REDISTRICTING as of 5 April 2022

Maryland became the 47th state to complete their redistricting process. There are now 3 states left. 397 districts are now completed, leaving 38 districts to be redrawn. There are 41 competitive, switchable, at risk districts. Currently held by 28 Democrats and 13 Republicans. Safe seats as of 5 Apr 2022, 178 Democratic, 178 Republican.

The importance of safe seats is that they let you know how many seats from the competitive/at risk column and those districts yet to be redrawn a party must win to gain control of the House. As of today, the democrats need 40 more seats to reach the magic number of 218. The Republicans also need 40. It remains to be seen how many safe seats each of the 3 remaining states add to each party’s safe seat column along with how many will go into the competitive/at risk column. The 3 remaining states are New Hampshire, Florida and Missouri.

Florida and Missouri when they complete their redistricting will certainly give the GOP the edge in safe seats. New Hampshire will probably add two competitive/at risk seats. But since these are still out there, not completed yet, I’ll go by just the 47 states which are finished with redistricting. Which would indicate an 8-12 seat pick up for the Republicans. This is dynamic, it will change. But thanks to redistricting/gerrymandering, the democrats seemed to have spared themselves being victims of a red wave.

The senate, Democratic held seats of Arizona and Georgia, Republican held seats of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and North Carolina are all 50-50 at this point in time. No drastic change will occur in the senate.
You have a long history of not being able to grasp the mood of the country. Everything Biden and democrats do is being looked at with shock by main stream Americans. The coming election will reflect that.

I'm also worried that the far right will take congress, as the Republican party has lost its ****ing mind, and the Democratic party can't figure out how to compete.

This country can go **** itself if they go back to the Taliban. Every POS redneck in their drug infested shitholes only have themselves to blame and if they wnat to bitch and whine everybody can tell them to **** off. Go back to the do nothings who will once again give billionaires tax breaks and solve zero problems. ANd you morons will fall for it. This stupid country deserves the shit we have now.

You have a long history of not being able to grasp the mood of the country. Everything Biden and democrats do is being looked at with shock by main stream Americans. The coming election will reflect that.
Could be. But I just go by the numbers leaving the heart out of it. Numbers are cold hard facts. The heart tends to make one ignore the numbers and other facts. There are two reasons for today’s numbers.

1. gerrymandering/redistricting where the Democrats added 10 democratic leaning districts while eliminating 6 Republican leaning districts. 2. The Republican pickup of 13 house seats in the 2020 election when losing the presidency by 7 plus million votes. The GOP under normal circumstance should have lost around 20. Ticket splitters, voting for Biden against Trump, then voting Republican down ballot accounted for the GOP 13 seat house gain. Roughly 7 million people voted for Biden, then for Republican congressional candidates if the exit polls are correct. These 7 million voters in my opinion were anti-Trumpers, but not Pro-Democratic Party. Without the above 2 reasons taking place, you’d have your red wave.

You're also not taking into accout redistricting changes from the old map. These changes produced the Democrats adding 10 Democratic leaning districts while eliminating 6 Republican leaning dsitricts. Redistricting/gerrymandering has given the democrats a 16-seat advantage they didn't have under the old maps. We now have 397 newly drawn districts; 38 districts remain to be redrawn.

Some examples

Illinois added 3 democratic seats, eliminate 2 GOP seats and 1 competitive seat

New Jersey added 3 democratic seats, eliminated 1 GOP seats and 2 competitive seats.

New York added 3 democratic seats, eliminated 3 Republican seats and 1 competitive seat. New York lost a seat due to the 2020 census.

Oregon added 2 Democratic seats, eliminated 2 competitive seats.

You're also not taking into accout redistricting changes from the old map. These changes produced the Democrats adding 10 Democratic leaning districts while eliminating 6 Republican leaning dsitricts. Redistricting/gerrymandering has given the democrats a 16-seat advantage they didn't have under the old maps. We now have 397 newly drawn districts; 38 districts remain to be redrawn.

Some examples

Illinois added 3 democratic seats, eliminate 2 GOP seats and 1 competitive seat

New Jersey added 3 democratic seats, eliminated 1 GOP seats and 2 competitive seats.

New York added 3 democratic seats, eliminated 3 Republican seats and 1 competitive seat. New York lost a seat due to the 2020 census.

Oregon added 2 Democratic seats, eliminated 2 competitive seats.
Redistricting in the coming election will save democrats from being completely annihilated and becoming a non entity but it won’t save them from a shellacking.

Back
Top Bottom