• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN and Democrats Fail Again - Tijuana and Prison Reform

I hadn't see those so good post.
I don't know why the hour I spent listening to them whine about Trump's tone and so on...that they didn't mention the prison reform announcement.
I do know that not a single Democrat was in attendance. However I will give Van Jones his due. He does seem to be the most balanced person CNN has.

As for the Tijuana article...that's from today.

That's what ya get for being craaaay-zeeeee… . ;) :lol:

I'd have left you alone, but as my fellow country man, I'm hoping desperately you won't add to the crazy in our country by importing it in the form of political attitudes from our friends in the south, so I gotta rub your nose in it a bit...lol... Hyper partisanship usually results in us showing our asses. We all just got a look at yours, bud...hehe...

Now do the Canadian thing, make a joke about your mistake, be good natured about it, and move on...but secretly vow to never show your ass due to partisan crazy again. (Maybe you've already done this, I haven't read past this post yet).

:)

OK well, I think I've said that both are skewed? The problem with CNN is that they don't even attempt to be "fair and balanced". For instance, if you compare Tucker Carlson's content with that of Don Lemon, you find that Carlson is perfectly willing to identify things about the current admin. that he finds questionable, while Don Lemon's content is just a love-in for whiny little bitches.

What you fail to understand...or perhaps purposely avoid...is that TV has an enormous affect in the opinions and beliefs of the public. Although FOX is admittedly "skewed" to the right, CNN is just non-stop SJW fluff. Hence the really bad viewership rating they get now.

Oh...drats... Oh well. :)

OK well, I think I've said that both are skewed? The problem with CNN is that they don't even attempt to be "fair and balanced". For instance, if you compare Tucker Carlson's content with that of Don Lemon, you find that Carlson is perfectly willing to identify things about the current admin. that he finds questionable, while Don Lemon's content is just a love-in for whiny little bitches.

What you fail to understand...or perhaps purposely avoid...is that TV has an enormous affect in the opinions and beliefs of the public. Although FOX is admittedly "skewed" to the right, CNN is just non-stop SJW fluff. Hence the really bad viewership rating they get now.

And I think I've said to stop watching and start reading.

That's what ya get for being craaaay-zeeeee… . ;) :lol:

I'd have left you alone, but as my fellow country man, I'm hoping desperately you won't add to the crazy in our country by importing it in the form of political attitudes from our friends in the south, so I gotta rub your nose in it a bit...lol... Hyper partisanship usually results in us showing our asses. We all just got a look at yours, bud...hehe...

Now do the Canadian thing, make a joke about your mistake, be good natured about it, and move on...but secretly vow to never show your ass due to partisan crazy again. (Maybe you've already done this, I haven't read past this post yet).

:)

I'll have you know that even though my belly is growing, my ass remains one of my best qualities. :mrgreen:

I started this thread out of frustration really.
I used to like CNN. But then again, it used to have a different line-up of hosts who, although presented a liberal spin to things, were at least what we could call "journalists". Several of those "journalists" are now regulars on FOX. :shock:
As a former slightly-liberal-leaning centerist, I am sickened by what appears to be the take-over of what used to be the best source of actual news on TV, by what can only be coined as the "populist left". Having left CNN for the most part, and turned to the internet and FOX for TV news, I'm a little surprised by how much better the FOX presentations are. In particular, Carlson and Laura Ingraham. These 2 are actually attempting to be, the ever so sought after 'fair and balanced'.

It truly depresses me to see just how far over the edge CNN and gone. And I find it concerning that such a news network would become nothing more that a soap-box for the "populist left".

I should add that I take in Euro-news with my wife regularly, and for Canuck content I like the dry news run in text on CP24. Nate you should try some of the Euro-broadcasts on the Internet, if you haven't already. It's quite different, and it often surprises me how the BS we hear in NA about how Europeans view things, is often plain old wrong.

Last edited:
And I think I've said to stop watching and start reading.

Again...You and I may have the ability to seek numerous venues for world affairs, and the intellect to distinguish real news from fluff.
But we cannot deny the affect TV has on the populous. This is the problem. The masses are being spoon fed utter horse chips.

So Obama gives Iran $150B and frees a bunch of terrorists. Then the Left complains about Trump not being tough enough on SA. Looks like the Left is nothing more than a bunch of Iranian terrorist lovers. They send love to our enemies and hate to our allies. That's why no one trusts the Left on foreign policy, they are completely inept.

You are a beautiful human being, American, you really are.

But on this one, there might be a different way of looking at things.

First of all, there is no contradiction in support for Iran and condemnation of SA, given the context - what Obama was doing was part of a deal to try to bring Iran into the fold of nations who don't want to kill each other all the time. That's a give and take process. I know, I know, for the toddler minded conservative, it's very difficult to get past "Mine!", but in the world of adults we understand that there is very little in life that does not involve compromise and negotiation. Going tough on SA accomplishes the same goal. The only difference is the starting point. Iran has been an "enemy" for a long time, while SA has had America firmly by the balls, uh, I mean, a great ally for a long time. Therefore different approaches are required to achieve the same desired result: fewer psychotic, evil governments in the world. Sorry, despite your towering intellect and spot on analysis, there is no contradiction here on the part of the Left.

Now, what you should be asking yourself is how much you like SA bending America over and treating it like one of their 72 virgins. Because that's essentially what Trump is inviting them to do ln your behalf, with his whole "Good first step, congress is taking it seriously, but we don't want to endanger $100 billion and 600 000 jobs":

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...saudi-explanation-of-khashoggi-death-credible

In case you missed it, that was Trump handing American ass to SA for sodomization. Good thing their an oil producing nation, you're gonna need the lube. Because Trump has basically told them their money and jobs are more important than an international incident like this murder. That they can get away with basically whatever they want. And who do you think is watching all of this? Who has even more invested in America? If you guessed CHINA, you get a cookie - make that a fortune cookie. Open it up, and it says America is a turned out whore. #MAGA

So...with that in mind, please, do go on about how it's the Left that is inept in foreign policy...lol... Trump might not be responsible for America's dependence on shady nations, that started a few decades ago, but he sure is letting the world know who ACTUALLY is in charge... But, please, bitch and moan about the Left some more.

Maybe you should take up a hobby? Obsessing over what one channel on television is or is not reporting doesn't sound healthy, for all you know CNN was talking about Trump's prison reform for an hour right before you tuned in and wanted to change the topic for awhile.

You don’t really believe that do you?
I’ve done that same experiment before myself, if it’s a good thing about Trump, you can forget CNN even mentioning it. Try it for yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a beautiful human being, American, you really are.

But on this one, there might be a different way of looking at things.

First of all, there is no contradiction in support for Iran and condemnation of SA, given the context - what Obama was doing was part of a deal to try to bring Iran into the fold of nations who don't want to kill each other all the time. That's a give and take process. I know, I know, for the toddler minded conservative, it's very difficult to get past "Mine!", but in the world of adults we understand that there is very little in life that does not involve compromise and negotiation. Going tough on SA accomplishes the same goal. The only difference is the starting point. Iran has been an "enemy" for a long time, while SA has had America firmly by the balls, uh, I mean, a great ally for a long time. Therefore different approaches are required to achieve the same desired result: fewer psychotic, evil governments in the world. Sorry, despite your towering intellect and spot on analysis, there is no contradiction here on the part of the Left.

Now, what you should be asking yourself is how much you like SA bending America over and treating it like one of their 72 virgins. Because that's essentially what Trump is inviting them to do ln your behalf, with his whole "Good first step, congress is taking it seriously, but we don't want to endanger $100 billion and 600 000 jobs":

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...saudi-explanation-of-khashoggi-death-credible

In case you missed it, that was Trump handing American ass to SA for sodomization. Good thing their an oil producing nation, you're gonna need the lube. Because Trump has basically told them their money and jobs are more important than an international incident like this murder. That they can get away with basically whatever they want. And who do you think is watching all of this? Who has even more invested in America? If you guessed CHINA, you get a cookie - make that a fortune cookie. Open it up, and it says America is a turned out whore. #MAGA

So...with that in mind, please, do go on about how it's the Left that is inept in foreign policy...lol... Trump might not be responsible for America's dependence on shady nations, that started a few decades ago, but he sure is letting the world know who ACTUALLY is in charge... But, please, bitch and moan about the Left some more.

Psst...Nate...You've gotten a little too comfy with scatology. I thought that was my job. ;)

There's no completely palatable solution to this, but one would have hoped beyond all hope, that CNN might have at least considered all the angles. From what I've seen and heard...they did not.

And…"Trump has basically told them their money and jobs are more important than an international incident like this murder"
Murder of a person who was NOT a US citizen. This may sound cold, but...you bet the business and alliance is more important to the USA, than some Saudi national.

I'll have you know that even though my belly is growing, my ass remains one of my best qualities. :mrgreen:

I started this thread out of frustration really.
I used to like CNN. But then again, it used to have a different line-up of hosts who, although presented a liberal spin to things, were at least what we could call "journalists". Several of those "journalists" are now regulars on FOX. :shock:
As a former slightly-liberal-leaning centerist, I am sickened by what appears to be the take-over of what used to be the best source of actual news on TV, by what can only be coined as the "populist left". Having left CNN for the most part, and turned to the internet and FOX for TV news, I'm a little surprised by how much better the FOX presentations are. In particular, Carlson and Laura Ingraham. These 2 are actually attempting to be, the ever so sought after 'fair and balanced'.

It truly depresses me to see just how far over the edge CNN and gone. And I find it concerning that such a news network would become nothing more that a soap-box for the "populist left".

I should add that I take in Euro-news with my wife regularly, and for Canuck content I like the dry news run in text on CP24. Nate you should try some of the Euro-broadcasts on the Internet, if you haven't already. It's quite different, and it often surprises me how the BS we hear in NA about how Europeans view things, is often plain old wrong.

Re: the bolded... There's a Canadian response... :) I knew we hadn't lost you entirely...haha... :p

I mean, all the media is a mess...neither side is as disciplined as it should be, in regards to how it views the media outlets that support their opinions., vs. those that attack them. I agree with you on the European news outlets...to a point, you have got to watch out for propaganda and sensationalism there as well. Right now hyper partisanship everywhere is rewarding the media for a certain style. That's on us, I think. If you think there is a difference between Fox and CNN, other than political leaning, you're being willfully deceived.

That's why being too much of a fan boy (or hater) of any of them is bound to lead to embarrassment...and on this, I know you will agree with me. ;)

Psst...Nate...You've gotten a little too comfy with scatology. I thought that was my job. ;)

There's no completely palatable solution to this, but one would have hoped beyond all hope, that CNN might have at least considered all the angles. From what I've seen and heard...they did not.

And…"Trump has basically told them their money and jobs are more important than an international incident like this murder"
Murder of a person who was NOT a US citizen. This may sound cold, but...you bet the business and alliance is more important to the USA, than some Saudi national.

When you've spent the last 80 years as the world's police, becoming the world's greatest super power, greatest military, greatest economy, the moral compass for the rest of the world, etc., etc., etc., until we all choke on it, then showing weakness like this is a lot more important to the USA than some business and an alliance. Even if they don't know it. I agree, sadly, and shamefully, the murder of the person is irrelevant. Letting SA get away with it for the reasons Trump said is not.

Re: the bolded... There's a Canadian response... :) I knew we hadn't lost you entirely...haha... :p

I mean, all the media is a mess...neither side is as disciplined as it should be, in regards to how it views the media outlets that support their opinions., vs. those that attack them. I agree with you on the European news outlets...to a point, you have got to watch out for propaganda and sensationalism there as well. Right now hyper partisanship everywhere is rewarding the media for a certain style. That's on us, I think. If you think there is a difference between Fox and CNN, other than political leaning, you're being willfully deceived.

That's why being too much of a fan boy (or hater) of any of them is bound to lead to embarrassment...and on this, I know you will agree with me. ;)

Agreed.

When you've spent the last 80 years as the world's police, becoming the world's greatest super power, greatest military, greatest economy, the moral compass for the rest of the world, etc., etc., etc., until we all choke on it, then showing weakness like this is a lot more important to the USA than some business and an alliance. Even if they don't know it. I agree, sadly, and shamefully, the murder of the person is irrelevant. Letting SA get away with it for the reasons Trump said is not.

I agree with all of this except..."the moral compass for the rest of the world".
Anyone who's done his/her homework, already knows that the USA is, by no means a beacon of morality.
That's just feel-good fluff for Americans to hang their hats on.

I agree with all of this except..."the moral compass for the rest of the world".
Anyone who's done his/her homework, already knows that the USA is, by no means a beacon of morality.
That's just feel-good fluff for Americans to hang their hats on.

hehe...well, I agree with you there...but that's the been part of their branding for some time.

LOL! What a bunch of asinine nonsense and blathering. You're the only one bringing up race/ethnicity here.

My point was that there was no disaster in TJ. That was bull**** hyperbole on the point of who I was replying to.

Why do you hate Mexicans and Mexico?

Do you want all those people let in so they can have a hearing then sent out into America with a promise to appear?

Well, it seems like you and I are a minority around here.

Not really man. More like, it seems you and I are less concerned with the social media chastisement the left will levy on us, should we call their horse kaka...horse kaka.
They managed to silence allot of people who agree with us, but won't let it be known in public for fear of this angry mob of social dictators. They fear for their livelihoods because these SJW freaks have no problems utterly destroying the lives of anyone who dare stand up to them. Frankly its sad and sickening at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom