• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN and Democrats Fail Again - Tijuana and Prison Reform

I hadn't see those so good post.
I don't know why the hour I spent listening to them whine about Trump's tone and so on...that they didn't mention the prison reform announcement.
I do know that not a single Democrat was in attendance. However I will give Van Jones his due. He does seem to be the most balanced person CNN has.

As for the Tijuana article...that's from today.

I really can't say. If you were watching during what I call the "editorial period" of their programming, you're not going to hear about anything other than what strikes them as they most important thing to talk about. It's just as when one reads the editorial page, op-ed page and columns in a newspaper....the author writes about whatever s/he feels like talking about. If s/he doesn't feel like s/he has something of note to add to the conversation about "this or that," s/he won't write about that topic, at least not that week/day. TV editorialists on CNN choose what they want to discuss in much the same way, though they are somewhat guided by the day's news.

As for the Tijuana thing, I don't know why any US domestic news program would give much airtime to a domestic-Mexico matter, or Canadian one, for that matter. The exception being something truly momentous...and a hundred or so folks carrying on somewhere in Tijuana -- Were they even in the center of the city? -- isn't at all momentous.

Lol! I'll bet CNN is just incensed by the open levels of Mexican nationalism on display by TJ protesting the caravaners!
Sooo .. is antifa going to go down to mexico and fight the Mexican "nazi" supremacists?
They will never tell their 12 viewers about this.

Vice actually has a video where the reporter calls them “NIMBYs and Mexican Nationalists” and he tries to shame this Mexican woman “don’t you know how similar you sound to Donald Trump?” And she says “well we’re similar in that we want them to follow the law and enforce our borders”

Oh here it is

https://youtu.be/4wX5iYdz8k4

Sent from my iPhone using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What 'disaster' in Tiajuana?

Yeah, almost everyone in Tijuana aren't white like you so who gives a damn about them, particularly since they can't even vote in the USA. Who cares what happens to them. Besides, most of them are Mexicans and Mexico has too many Mexicans and not enough non-Mexicans anyway.

That's your point, correct? They aren't white like you?

Vice actually has a video where the reporter calls them “NIMBYs and Mexican Nationalists” and he tries to shame this Mexican woman “don’t you know how similar you sound to Donald Trump?” And she says “well we’re similar in that we want them to follow the law and enforce our borders”

Oh here it is

https://youtu.be/4wX5iYdz8k4

Sent from my iPhone using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see those in the caravan calling Mexicans "racist."

CNN televised the prison reform bill announcement live as it unfolded in the Oval Office.

They also reported on the Tijuana demonstration. The OP obviously missed it.

Yeah, almost everyone in Tijuana aren't white like you so who gives a damn about them, particularly since they can't even vote in the USA. Who cares what happens to them. Besides, most of them are Mexicans and Mexico has too many Mexicans and not enough non-Mexicans anyway.

That's your point, correct? They aren't white like you?

LOL! What a bunch of asinine nonsense and blathering. You're the only one bringing up race/ethnicity here.

My point was that there was no disaster in TJ. That was bull**** hyperbole on the point of who I was replying to.

Why do you hate Mexicans and Mexico?

Last edited:
I tuned into FOX News last night and heard that President Trump has sponsored a bill that should have Democrats clamoring to get onboard.
A Prison Reform bill. How many times have Democrats...all of them...howled about prison and sentencing reform? The answer is...ALLOT.
However, in true partisan fashion, not 1 Democrat showed for the announcement, and of course, CNN did not mention it at all that I saw...and I did change the channel to see if they were going to be the "fair and balanced" news outlet they claim to be.

So I hung around for a while to see if maybe they'd report on the disaster in Tijuana. They didn't disappoint me as they said nothing about it either. No...CNN last night was all aghast about "****ts". :roll: So I turned back to FOX just to see if they had the backbone to report and/or comment on this "****ts" thing. The Ingram Angle was on by then and low and behold, she spent allot of time discussing it and commenting that Trump should tone done his rhetoric.

I have long thought that CNN should have its licence revoked for being a blatant propaganda tool of the left, and for lying constantly. Last night's experiment only further exemplifies that. Thoughts?

Maybe not lose their license. But I'm completely onboard for removing the jackasses entrusted to make such horrible decisions.

Maybe you should take up a hobby? Obsessing over what one channel on television is or is not reporting doesn't sound healthy, for all you know CNN was talking about Trump's prison reform for an hour right before you tuned in and wanted to change the topic for awhile.

Stop picking on the messenger. CNN needs a daily beatdown, because they suck!

So last night I tried the same thing. I watched CNN for a while, then FOX, then I went back to CNN. I have to say that I find just watching CNN difficult. Here today's comparison;

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the murder of Kashoggi

So last night I tried the same thing. I watched CNN for a while, then FOX, then I went back to CNN. I have to say that I find just watching CNN difficult. Here today's comparison;

Maybe....read your news so that CNN/FOX News reporters, commentators, and personalities can't feed you their verbal innuendos, their shrugs, and their eye rolls when trying to help you decide your opinions.

Huh...20 minute time-out.

Long and short...CNN spent time complaining about the murder of this Kashoggi person, even though he wasn't a US citizen. They found this murder was more important than any aliances the USA has with the Saudis and Israelis against Iran, and more important than the money the Saudis have invested in the USA.

FOX didn't seem to like the murder much, but was at least willing to concede that the death of 1 non-citizen does not out weigh the alliance or the financials.

I find CNNs position lacking in reality.

Lol! I'll bet CNN is just incensed by the open levels of Mexican nationalism on display by TJ protesting the caravaners!
Sooo .. is antifa going to go down to mexico and fight the Mexican "nazi" supremacists?
They will never tell their 12 viewers about this.

Putting your disdain for CNN aside for the moment, congratulations on going 4 for 4 on your political bets. Cheers!

Maybe....read your news so that CNN/FOX News reporters, commentators, and personalities can't feed you their verbal innuendos, their shrugs, and their eye rolls when trying to help you decide your opinions.

Maybe...CNN should report the NEWS on TV, instead of their political preferences? That might raise their TV rating above the cooking channel.

I don't know when it was initially published. I know only that it was updated today.

The date is on the top of the page...:roll:

I hadn't see those so good post.
I don't know why the hour I spent listening to them whine about Trump's tone and so on...that they didn't mention the prison reform announcement.
I do know that not a single Democrat was in attendance. However I will give Van Jones his due. He does seem to be the most balanced person CNN has.

As for the Tijuana article...that's from today.

I don't know when it was initially published. I know only that it was updated today.

The date is on the top of the page...:roll:

Red sequence of discussion:
CNN published the article the day before you created this thread.

i provided the link to the "Protesters slam" article on 20-Nov-2018. You remarked that the article is from that same day, and in response I stated I didn't know when the article was first published. I stated that because at the time, as with now (see screenshot below), I didn't see an "originally published" date noted at the start of the article, but I did see an update date.

Frankly, given my professional background in both auditing and consulting, I thought it odd that a reputable news organization would provide no means for readers to discern when an article was first published. Accordingly, I reached out to CNN to find out "what was up" with that...why had they opted to deny readers a piece of potentially germane temporal information.

Turns out that CNN does not deny that piece of information to its readers. CNN retains and exposes articles' original publication dates via its URL taxonomy model; thus one must look at the page's web address to learn when an article was first published. Doing so for the page in question, one sees this (I added the * to prevent DP from condensing the web address): w*ww.cnn.com/2018/11/19/americas/tijuana-migrants-protest/index.html.

Note:
Insofar as you noted you were watching television, and there's no video content with that article, I cannot attest to or infer the nature and extent to which Tijuana's happenings have, by CNN US (television as opposed to online), been covered. I can see that the article's primary author filed her report for something called "CNN en Español": "CNN en Español's Jaqueline Hurtado reported from Tijuana." Though I haven't checked to confirm so, I'd wager video content CNN produces for CNN en Español, such as Ms. Hurtado's story, does not air on the domestic US version of CNN.

In post 27, I shared my thoughts about why the Tijuana protests may not have yet obtained the notice of CNN's editorialists and US-based reporters.

As for the Tijuana thing, I don't know why any US domestic news program would give much airtime to a domestic-Mexico matter, or Canadian one, for that matter. The exception being something truly momentous...and a hundred or so folks carrying on somewhere in Tijuana -- Were they even in the center of the city? -- isn't at all momentous.​

Attachments

• Protesters Slam.jpg
    Protesters Slam.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 37
Huh...20 minute time-out.

Long and short...CNN spent time complaining about the murder of this Kashoggi person, even though he wasn't a US citizen. They found this murder was more important than any aliances the USA has with the Saudis and Israelis against Iran, and more important than the money the Saudis have invested in the USA.

FOX didn't seem to like the murder much, but was at least willing to concede that the death of 1 non-citizen does not out weigh the alliance or the financials.

I find CNNs position lacking in reality.

So Obama gives Iran $150B and frees a bunch of terrorists. Then the Left complains about Trump not being tough enough on SA. Looks like the Left is nothing more than a bunch of Iranian terrorist lovers. They send love to our enemies and hate to our allies. That's why no one trusts the Left on foreign policy, they are completely inept.

So Obama gives Iran $150B and frees a bunch of terrorists. Then the Left complains about Trump not being tough enough on SA. Looks like the Left is nothing more than a bunch of Iranian terrorist lovers. They send love to our enemies and hate to our allies. That's why no one trusts the Left on foreign policy, they are completely inept.

Obama returned to Iran what was theirs, after Iran complied with the conditions stipulated. I know, better to think Obama looted the treasury to pay his terrorist friends. Makes as much sense as blaming him for the debt. Complex issues reduced to an anti-Obama message. Why are we not surprised?

I tuned into FOX News last night and heard that President Trump has sponsored a bill that should have Democrats clamoring to get onboard. A Prison Reform bill.

Trump paying back his donors. The two largest private prison corporations in the US were major contributors (top five) to the Trump inaugural.

Red sequence of discussion:
CNN published the article the day before you created this thread.

i provided the link to the "Protesters slam" article on 20-Nov-2018. You remarked that the article is from that same day, and in response I stated I didn't know when the article was first published. I stated that because at the time, as with now (see screenshot below), I didn't see an "originally published" date noted at the start of the article, but I did see an update date.

Frankly, given my professional background in both auditing and consulting, I thought it odd that a reputable news organization would provide no means for readers to discern when an article was first published. Accordingly, I reached out to CNN to find out "what was up" with that...why had they opted to deny readers a piece of potentially germane temporal information.

Turns out that CNN does not deny that piece of information to its readers. CNN retains and exposes articles' original publication dates via its URL taxonomy model; thus one must look at the page's web address to learn when an article was first published. Doing so for the page in question, one sees this (I added the * to prevent DP from condensing the web address): w*ww.cnn.com/2018/11/19/americas/tijuana-migrants-protest/index.html.

Note:
Insofar as you noted you were watching television, and there's no video content with that article, I cannot attest to or infer the nature and extent to which Tijuana's happenings have, by CNN US (television as opposed to online), been covered. I can see that the article's primary author filed her report for something called "CNN en Español": "CNN en Español's Jaqueline Hurtado reported from Tijuana." Though I haven't checked to confirm so, I'd wager video content CNN produces for CNN en Español, such as Ms. Hurtado's story, does not air on the domestic US version of CNN.

In post 27, I shared my thoughts about why the Tijuana protests may not have yet obtained the notice of CNN's editorialists and US-based reporters.

As for the Tijuana thing, I don't know why any US domestic news program would give much airtime to a domestic-Mexico matter, or Canadian one, for that matter. The exception being something truly momentous...and a hundred or so folks carrying on somewhere in Tijuana -- Were they even in the center of the city? -- isn't at all momentous.​

Groovy... :roll:

You've sure spent allot of time to defend CNN. However I've been watching a little more of late...painful as it is...and ya know...CNN hardly even mentions what's going on in Tijuana, except to do a 24hr 'morality blitz' concerning John Roberts. Concerning your opinion that these events in Mexico are all of the sudden not worth reporting on...PFFT. That a white-wash. It was everything to CNN for weeks. Now that these fine folks show up at the border and turn Tijuana upside down...it's a non-issue. :lamo

Really now...can you be any more opaque?

Back
Top Bottom