• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN and Democrats Fail Again - Tijuana and Prison Reform

So Obama gives Iran $150B and frees a bunch of terrorists. Then the Left complains about Trump not being tough enough on SA. Looks like the Left is nothing more than a bunch of Iranian terrorist lovers. They send love to our enemies and hate to our allies. That's why no one trusts the Left on foreign policy, they are completely inept.

Agreed.
And I find that fairly distressing since, I used to lean more left that right.
But its rather obvious now that they will do and say absolutely anything, no matter how hypocritical or contrary to their previous positions, as long as they can whine endlessly about Trump, and teach all Americans...and indeed all people everywhere...that their "morality" is paramount.

Frankly...I find it all sickening.

Trump paying back his donors. The two largest private prison corporations in the US were major contributors (top five) to the Trump inaugural.

By reforming the prison system?

Groovy... :roll:

You've sure spent allot of time to defend CNN. However I've been watching a little more of late...painful as it is...and ya know...CNN hardly even mentions what's going on in Tijuana, except to do a 24hr 'morality blitz' concerning John Roberts. Concerning your opinion that these events in Mexico are all of the sudden not worth reporting on...PFFT. That a white-wash. It was everything to CNN for weeks. Now that these fine folks show up at the border and turn Tijuana upside down...it's a non-issue. :lamo

Really now...can you be any more opaque?
Red:
You clearly don't understand the relative difference in significance between a foreign nation's domestic matters and foreign nations' matters that occur and that are significant enough to rate international concern. The latter are things such as civil wars, genocides, literal coups d'état, assassinations of leaders or other world-level leaders, mass famine, actual epidemics, and so on. Not a ragtag bunch of ~100 or so unarmed, tired and hungry migrants and local protesters.

To wit, the Oct 7th protests in CAN, though it entailed some 3K protesters, didn't, for me, rate any more than did the Tijuana protests. Were you having a "conniption" over whether it was covered by the news in the U.S?

Trump paying back his donors. The two largest private prison corporations in the US were major contributors (top five) to the Trump inaugural.

Wait a minute...Trump's not supposed to have donors. Wasn't his self-financing ability supposed to be the key to why he wasn't beholden to anyone?

Red:
You clearly don't understand the relative difference in significance between a foreign nation's domestic matters and foreign nations' matters that occur and that are significant enough to rate international concern. The latter are things such as civil wars, genocides, literal coups d'état, assassinations of leaders or other world-level leaders, mass famine, actual epidemics, and so on. Not a ragtag bunch of ~100 or so unarmed, tired and hungry migrants and local protesters.

To wit, the Oct 7th protests in CAN, though it entailed some 3K protesters, didn't, for me, rate any more than did the Tijuana protests. Were you having a "conniption" over whether it was covered by the news in the U.S?

Hmmm...I have this odd feeling CNN is paying you. Gee...wonder why? Well...it could be your grossly under done numbers of migrants huh?

The number of migrants at the shelter swelled to almost 2,500 this weekend, with room for only 1,000 more.
But an estimated 3,400 are waiting in Mexicali, a border city two and half hours to the east, and most of those are expected to reach Tijuana on Monday, said Maggie Núñez, who was working with Pueblo sin Fronteras, an advocacy group that is assisting the caravan.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/18/world/americas/mexico-tijuana-migrants-caravan.html

You clearly don't understand that Lefty MSM shills are fairly easy to spot...Xelor.
So while you've done your level best to redirect my focus, and call into question my concern for Canadian issues, I'm afraid you've failed. See...THIS thread is about how CNN is just about the most partisan establishment in journalism today. As a result of their perpetual lies and general partisan jack-assery, they have the overwhelming honor of producing a nightly show with a guy who was voted the worst journalist of the year in 2014, and have seen their ratings sink to the depths of the cooking channel.

But please...do continue to pontify about your particular opinions of what's news worthy and what's not. It only serves to exemplify the outrageous lengths the left will go to, in order to convince themselves that the caravan crisis in Tijuana, and across the Mexican border soon, is only some...

YOU said:
ragtag bunch of ~100 or so unarmed, tired and hungry migrants

Have a pleasant and most importantly, all inclusive and diverse evening.
:roll:

Hmmm...I have this odd feeling CNN is paying you. Gee...wonder why? Well...it could be your grossly under done numbers of migrants huh?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/18/world/americas/mexico-tijuana-migrants-caravan.html

You clearly don't understand that Lefty MSM shills are fairly easy to spot...Xelor.
So while you've done your level best to redirect my focus, and call into question my concern for Canadian issues, I'm afraid you've failed. See...THIS thread is about how CNN is just about the most partisan establishment in journalism today. As a result of their perpetual lies and general partisan jack-assery, they have the overwhelming honor of producing a nightly show with a guy who was voted the worst journalist of the year in 2014, and have seen their ratings sink to the depths of the cooking channel.

But please...do continue to pontify about your particular opinions of what's news worthy and what's not. It only serves to exemplify the outrageous lengths the left will go to, in order to convince themselves that the caravan crisis in Tijuana, and across the Mexican border soon, is only some...
Red:
  1. I did present an inaccurate quantity of migrants and protestors; however, the quantity of migrants/protesters really isn't relevant to the point.
  2. The point is that the Tijuana protest is a domestic Mexican event that's of no major import; thus there's little reason for it to rate much notice by US major cable news networks (USMCNNs).
  3. To wit, what relevance on US domestic matters has a several-hundred-protester-strong protest in Tijuana, Montreal, Vancouver or in any other non-US locale that it merits coverage on USMCNNs?

Blue:
Red: the Canadian event references and questions in my post:

1. I don't give a wet rat's ass about your existential concern, or lack thereof, about domestic Canadian, or any other nation's, matters/events.
  2. What's important is the quality of your analysis of the importance of foreign nations' events and whether they are material enough to merit mention by USMCNN.
  3. Just as the several noted Canadian protests were what they were and were yet inconsequential on an international (re: the US) level, so too was the protest in Tijuana.
  4. My point in asking the questions I did about the Canadian events is to learn the answers to them and learn whether you had the discursive integrity to answer them.
  5. Your quiescence about the dearth of USMCNN reporting of domestic protests in CAN suggests strongly that concern over bias in the media has no etiological role in effecting your "carrying on" about the single Tijuana event.
  6. The dichotomy between your exhibited extents of concern for MEX and CAN protest USMCNNs' reporting shows you have overvalued the significance of the Tijuana event and, relative to it, undervalued the Canadian ones, and by having done, shown the inadequacy of your analytical capacity.

Red + Blue:
The point is that your analysis is jejune and banal. To establish the verity of your implication that CNN's coverage of the Tijuana protest illustrates their bias, you need to show probatively and cogently that, among other things, the protests merit attention on USMCNNs, and you haven't. That you haven't is why your analysis and the legitimacy of your claim is wanting.

Pink:
While remarking on that canard may indeed be the nature and narrative intent of this thread, quantitative analysis of the partisan nature of content Fox, CNN and MSNBC present shows that relative to Fox and MSNBC, CNN isn't nearly as partisan as either of the other two.[SUP]1, 2[/SUP] So while you and others can certainly claim and/or presume that CNN is "just about the most partisan establishment in journalism today," trenchant analysis shows otherwise; however, that it does can't stop folks from ascribing to Trump's trope to the contrary.

Note:
  1. See Figures 3 and corresponding discussion, data and analysis.
  2. Additional analysis of media bias:

Red:
  1. I did present an inaccurate quantity of migrants and protestors; however, the quantity of migrants/protesters really isn't relevant to the point.
  2. The point is that the Tijuana protest is a domestic Mexican event that's of no major import; thus there's little reason for it to rate much notice by US major cable news networks (USMCNNs).
  3. To wit, what relevance on US domestic matters has a several-hundred-protester-strong protest in Tijuana, Montreal, Vancouver or in any other non-US locale that it merits coverage on USMCNNs?

Blue:

1. I don't give a wet rat's ass about your existential concern, or lack thereof, about domestic Canadian, or any other nation's, matters/events.
  2. What's important is the quality of your analysis of the importance of foreign nations' events and whether they are material enough to merit mention by USMCNN.
  3. Just as the several noted Canadian protests were what they were and were yet inconsequential on an international (re: the US) level, so too was the protest in Tijuana.
  4. My point in asking the questions I did about the Canadian events is to learn the answers to them and learn whether you had the discursive integrity to answer them.
  5. Your quiescence about the dearth of USMCNN reporting of domestic protests in CAN suggests strongly that concern over bias in the media has no etiological role in effecting your "carrying on" about the single Tijuana event.
  6. The dichotomy between your exhibited extents of concern for MEX and CAN protest USMCNNs' reporting shows you have overvalued the significance of the Tijuana event and, relative to it, undervalued the Canadian ones, and by having done, shown the inadequacy of your analytical capacity.

Red + Blue:
The point is that your analysis is jejune and banal. To establish the verity of your implication that CNN's coverage of the Tijuana protest illustrates their bias, you need to show probatively and cogently that, among other things, the protests merit attention on USMCNNs, and you haven't. That you haven't is why your analysis and the legitimacy of your claim is wanting.

Pink:
While remarking on that canard may indeed be the nature and narrative intent of this thread, quantitative analysis of the partisan nature of content Fox, CNN and MSNBC present shows that relative to Fox and MSNBC, CNN isn't nearly as partisan as either of the other two.[SUP]1, 2[/SUP] So while you and others can certainly claim and/or presume that CNN is "just about the most partisan establishment in journalism today," trenchant analysis shows otherwise; however, that it does can't stop folks from ascribing to Trump's trope to the contrary.

Note:

What flowery written abject horse chips.
Thousands of South Americans making their way to the US border, and Trump's decision to plant the military there was most certainly big news.
Oh but now...with only ~100 of these inconsequential people, its of no import to the USA. :roll:

Ya know what?
You're full of it.

So tell me...do you work for CNN or MSNBC or one of the lyin' MSM outlets?

Thousands of South Americans making their way to the US border, and Trump's decision to plant the military there was most certainly big news.
Oh but now...with only ~100 of these inconsequential people, its of no import to the USA. :roll:

Ya know what?
You're full of it.

That seems to be how it goes with him...

So much work to boot!

That seems to be how it goes with him...

So much work to boot!

Ya...as if all the intellectually impressive prose and endless links to MSM blatherings, is gonna impress anyone who can think for themselves.
Oh and of course have the capacity to recall things past 2 weeks...ya there's that too.

Ya...as if all the intellectually impressive prose and endless links to MSM blatherings, is gonna impress anyone who can think for themselves.
Oh and of course have the capacity to recall things past 2 weeks...ya there's that too.

So many learned to compensate for lack of quality with quantity.

SAD

PS: Were you born 1962? I was.....Maybe that was a quality year!

So many learned to compensate for lack of quality with quantity.

SAD

PS: Were you born 1962? I was.....Maybe that was a quality year!

Indeed I was. Perhaps you're right.
This all reminds me of the old story about the philosophy exam that simply asked "Why?".
As my father told the story, people wrote and wrote about the philosophical implications of the word and on and on...
The only one who scored a perfect 100% score, was the person who promptly wrote "Because", and then left the hall.

Indeed I was. Perhaps you're right.
This all reminds me of the old story about the philosophy exam that simply asked "Why?".
As my father told the story, people wrote and wrote about the philosophical implications of the word and on and on...
The only one who scored a perfect 100% score, was the person who promptly wrote "Because", and then left the hall.

And manners... "Just keep talking and be polite and you will be fine.....actually knowing anything is irrelevant in 2018".....

I am most certainly NOT a fan of Modern Moron Culture!

Last edited:
Interesting to note that the Democrats don't want to get on board with Prison Reform proposal, you'd think they would.
So in their drive to deny Trump any victory, the Democrats have thrown yet another voting block under the bus? Last time it was DACA recipients.

Wouldn't that naturally raise the question of which segment of voters the Democrats will throw under the bus next?

And manners... "Just keep talking and be polite and you will be fine.....actually knowing anything is irrelevant in 2018".

I am most certainly NOT a fan of Modern Moron Culture!

Modern Culture. Now there's a mouthful.
What is Modern Culture? I see modern art, and can't help myself from standing in front of it at galleries, turning my head this way and that, and eventually asking some person who seems astonished with the value of … whatever it is...and ask, "Isn't this upside down?"
In the western world, it seems Modern Culture is to simply accept that Europe and North America are evil and have some grand penance to pay.
That people can somehow be one or multiple "genders" simply because the feel like it, with absolutely no regard to what's between their legs.
That language and thought must be censored and dictated.
That people who disagree on political ideologies, must hate each other and fight like cats and dogs.

I sometimes think that aliens would hover over Earth, take a look at what's going on here and think, 'These beings are insane.', and push on to the next populated planet.

Modern Culture. Now there's a mouthful.
What is Modern Culture? I see modern art, and can't help myself from standing in front of it at galleries, turning my head this way and that, and eventually asking some person who seems astonished with the value of … whatever it is...and ask, "Isn't this upside down?"
In the western world, it seems Modern Culture is to simply accept that Europe and North America are evil and have some grand penance to pay.
That people can somehow be one or multiple "genders" simply because the feel like it, with absolutely no regard to what's between their legs.
That language the thought must be censored and dictated.
That people who disagree on political ideologies, must hate each other and fight like cats and dogs.

I sometimes think that aliens would hover over Earth, take a look at what's going on here and think, 'These beings are insane.', and push on to the next populated planet.

Modern Culture:...."Dismiss and demean all that your ancestors accomplished...which happens only because "you" are a stupid ****".

This works way too well!

Modern Culture:...."Dismiss and demean all that your ancestors accomplished...which happens only because "you" are a stupid ****".

This works way too well!

Agreed...and its sad to watch it all happening. If I have imparted anything of value to my children, GAWD I hope its...respect.

Agreed...and its sad to watch it all happening. If I have imparted anything of value to my children, GAWD I hope its...respect.

My kids are 28-23...three of them....this year is the first that I saw clearly that all of them paid attention to me.

I am filled just now with gratitude.

It's the old 'ounce of prevention' thing. Trump knows he and his kid are going to prison, so he's doing all he can to get out sooner and serve his time in a more comfortable setting. He will be in the 'Mueller Wing."

It's the old 'ounce of prevention' thing. Trump knows he and his kid are going to prison, so he's doing all he can to get out sooner and serve his time in a more comfortable setting. He will be in the 'Mueller Wing."

You are even more pessimistic on the future of America than I am.

That qualifies for a prize because that is damn hard to do!

My kids are 28-23...three of them....this year is the first that I saw clearly that all of them paid attention to me.

I am filled just now with gratitude.

My daughter is 22 now and just signed a 3 yr modeling contract in LA. The idea scares the hell outta me.
We have twin 17 yr old boys too. They're just hormone freaks. People often say, I can't wait till the kids grow up and leave.
HA! They always seem to come back. So I gotta surprise for my kids. I'm-a-gonna sell some of our property, pack up the wife, and WE'RE gonna leave. A nice, quiet town with a lake. That'll frig all 3 of 'em up. :lamo

Maybe...CNN should report the NEWS on TV, instead of their political preferences? That might raise their TV rating above the cooking channel.

Sure, because conservatives are itching to break through their desired myth about CNN, as opposed to the purity and sanctity of FOX. Besides, isn't the news on TV a matter of "fake news" unless it is glorifying Trump, rendering the vast majority of the world offering you fake?

And as we should all be able to recognize by now, TV ratings are about presenting the drama, something FOX is very good at. Nobody tunes into FOX News because they want the actual news. They want their political perspectives to be catered to by the personalities who's entire purpose is to skew the news into BS for the right-wing. And the further right, the better. And this is exactly why conservatives and Fox News have such a deep love affair; and to the point where multiple studies across time have concluded that FOX News viewers are the least informed.

Of course there is a way out of this nonsense. You a can...maybe...read.

Maybe...CNN should report the NEWS on TV, instead of their political preferences? That might raise their TV rating above the cooking channel.

Sure, because conservatives are itching to break through their exaggerated myth about CNN, as opposed to the purity and sanctity of FOX. Besides, isn't the news on TV a matter of "fake news" unless it is glorifying Trump, rendering the vast majority of the world offering you fake?

And as we should all be able to recognize by now, TV ratings are about presenting the drama, something FOX is very good at. Nobody tunes into FOX News because they want the actual news. They want to watch a show; and they want their political perspectives to be catered to by the personalities whose entire purpose is to skew the news into BS for the right-wing. And the further right, the better. And this is exactly why conservatives and FOX News have such a deep love affair; why the alt-right have found great comfort; and to the point where multiple studies across time have concluded that FOX News viewers are the least informed.

But on that note, what does it say about “the left” who aren’t apparently tuning into CNN, as opposed to conservatives who fall all over themselves to swallow the obvious partisan crap of FOX? Of course there is a way out of this nonsense. They can...maybe...read and discover that they too might have the ability to form their own opinion without the assist of the bias eye roll.

Red:

Blue:

1. I don't [care] about your existential concern, or lack thereof, about domestic Canadian, or any other nation's, matters/events.
  2. [Germane] is the quality of your analysis of the importance of foreign nations' events and whether they ... merit mention by USMCNN.
  3. Just as the several noted Canadian protests were what they were and were yet [trivial] on an international (re: the US) level, so too was the protest in Tijuana.
  5. Your quiescence about the dearth of USMCNN reporting of domestic protests in CAN suggests strongly that concern over bias in the media has no etiological role in effecting your [vitriol re:] the single Tijuana event.

Red + Blue:

Pink:

Note:

Ya know what?
You're full of it.

So tell me...do you work for CNN or MSNBC or one of the lyin' MSM outlets?
Perhaps your geographical ignorance drives your naivete. To wit:

Orange:​

• [*=1]What South Americans? Neither Honduras nor Mexico are part of South America.
    [*=1]The Caravans of ragtag refugees headed to the US has been reported by all USMCNNs.
Tan:

• [*=1]The military have been placed on the US side of the US-Mexico border. That is worth noting by USMCNNs, and all three of them have reported that happenstance.

Teal:
And yet you offer no cogent refutation of the case I presented for the central points of my post:
  • Your analysis is jejune and banal.
  • Trenchant analysis shows the nature and extent to which your claim that CNN is "just about the most partisan establishment in journalism today" is not so.

So Obama gives Iran $150B and frees a bunch of terrorists. Then the Left complains about Trump not being tough enough on SA. Looks like the Left is nothing more than a bunch of Iranian terrorist lovers. They send love to our enemies and hate to our allies. That's why no one trusts the Left on foreign policy, they are completely inept.

Can't you at least try not to be this guy?

No, Obama did not give Iran "$150B." Trump lied to you. Obama opened the door that would eventually allow Iran to collect its own money, which had been frozen under the many economic sanctions levied against the country. In exchange, the nuclear issue was off the table for at least ten years. Trump reversed this over a political need to pander to the ignorant element of our population, and opened the door for Iran if it so desires to jump back into its nuclear aspirations. This will not be because of the international community's. It will be because Trump tossed it.

No, it is not only "the left" who is complaining about Trump's very public attitude towards Saudi Arabia, in the face of this mess. Republicans are on record for demanding an investigation and an attitude change. And the way Trump has handled this, like so many other issues in the world, is exactly why he continues to prove that he is in way over his head. It's you conservatives who are actually choosing to support terrorism...

Saudi Arabia—not Iran—is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today and Wahhabism remains the source of most radical Islamic extremism. For years Iran has borne the unenviable title of “world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.” However, out of the 61 groups that are designated as terrorist organizations by the U.S. State Department, the overwhelming majority are Wahhabi-inspired and Saudi-funded groups, with a focus on the West and Iran as their primary enemy. Only two are Shi’a—Hezbollah and Kataib Hezbollah, and only four have ever claimed to receive support from Iran. Nearly all of the Sunni militant groups listed receive significant support from either the Saudi government or Saudi citizens.

On top of our own State Department being very clear about this, we have the House of Saudi admitting their history.

And in terms of being inept at foreign policy, the only thing worse than the uneducated, inexperienced, and partisan-driven morons in Washington is the many layperson Americans running around the country attaching their shallow partisan allegiances to any damn fool decision that their own moron makes. It was because of what the Pentagon Papers revealed and Nixon's later lying that neither a Democrat nor a Republican White House is trusted anymore to make Foreign Policy on its own. It was a Democrat's Office (Clinton) who failed miserably to make the argument about rising religious extremism as a threat. It was a Republican's Office (Bush) that led us into Iraq on the idea that Hussein had WMD and an underdeveloped NeoCon dream of democracy. It was a Democrat's Office (Obama) that allowed the democratic Arab Spring movement to drown as Sunni nations like Saudi Arabia and Qatar funded religiously extremist groups to pull democratic movements towards Islamism. And underneath these Administrations were our esteemed Congressional leaders who proved to be too stupid to rise above their partisan games. And now? Well, we have an utter buffoon looking to contradict almost everything in his own 2017 National Security Strategy (Foreign Policy), thereby removing American influence in virtually every single region on the planet, so that his irrational base, can be pandered to. The fact that Mattis is constantly having to practice damage control with Trump should tell you something.

Sure, because conservatives are itching to break through their desired myth about CNN, as opposed to the purity and sanctity of FOX. Besides, isn't the news on TV a matter of "fake news" unless it is glorifying Trump, rendering the vast majority of the world offering you fake?

And as we should all be able to recognize by now, TV ratings are about presenting the drama, something FOX is very good at. Nobody tunes into FOX News because they want the actual news. They want their political perspectives to be catered to by the personalities who's entire purpose is to skew the news into BS for the right-wing. And the further right, the better. And this is exactly why conservatives and Fox News have such a deep love affair; and to the point where multiple studies across time have concluded that FOX News viewers are the least informed.

Of course there is a way out of this nonsense. You a can...maybe...read.

OK well, I think I've said that both are skewed? The problem with CNN is that they don't even attempt to be "fair and balanced". For instance, if you compare Tucker Carlson's content with that of Don Lemon, you find that Carlson is perfectly willing to identify things about the current admin. that he finds questionable, while Don Lemon's content is just a love-in for whiny little bitches.

What you fail to understand...or perhaps purposely avoid...is that TV has an enormous affect in the opinions and beliefs of the public. Although FOX is admittedly "skewed" to the right, CNN is just non-stop SJW fluff. Hence the really bad viewership rating they get now.
https://www.onenewsnow.com/media/20...dip-41-over-yr-fox-news-1-for-35-straight-wks

Oh and this one kills me...

Back
Top Bottom