• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton's Rosa Parks Eulogy

Stinger said:
Yes and I note he thinks his life is more interesting than that of the person he was eulogizing. You should NEVER make such a speech about yourself, that's quite tacky.

Relaying how the events of a person affected one's life is not about self-promotion, it still remains that his attidtude change as a result of her behavior. Since she could not speak of the event any longer, all that remains is for the living to testify on how the deceased affected the lives of those around and of the speaker also.

When my grandmother died, the priest gave a tearful account of his interaction with her in the months and years prior to her death. I cried, we all cried, and never once thought the priest was trying to make himself out to be a spotlight hog. Even though his eulogy was about her, he, having been involved with her, can do nothing better than explain how she affected his life.

For an event that changed the lives of millions of people, it's irrational to expect no one is going to relay that in their own personal way. In fact, doing so is often disingenous. What's the point of honoring someone, when you won't admit they affected you in any way? none.

It an eulogy, not an obituary. Eulogies are personal. They show the ways the dead had affected the rest while they lived.

Last edited:
Libertarian Knight:

You posted:

"For an event that changed the lives of millions of people, it's irrational to expect no one is going to relay that in their own personal way. "

That is the whole problem here, Clinton's "own personal way" is to tell a show stopping whopper.

johnnyboy said:
Clinton's dramatic claim to have also integrated a segregated bus on that same "fateful day" as Rosa Parks failed the smell test, I'm sure, for many, but went largely unchallenged. There are some problems with his story, however.

How DARE you question one of the most honest Presidents in our history, especially the 1st self-proclaimed Black President in U.S. History?! :doh :rofl

Yeah, I actually SAW that eulogy, and it was one of the most gross examples of self-promotion and political :spin: at such a function I have ever seen. The media and the 'fact check' sites actually had a field day with his story after it was all over!

The man has absolutely NO shame!

Dear easyt65:

You Posted:

"Yeah, I actually SAW that eulogy, and it was one of the most gross examples of self-promotion and political at such a function I have ever seen. The media and the 'fact check' sites actually had a field day with his story after it was all over!"

They had a "field day"? , perhaps I'm missing some of your sarcasm here, but from what I've been able to determine Slick Willy pulled off another one and the liberal media let it slide past when a simple trip to their own morgues would've blown his shaggy dog story wide open.

Does anybody remember Dec. 2, 1940, Nov 17, 1963, Sept. 06, 2001, "like it was yesterday"? I think not.

For late comers to this thread who want referrals to original sources, referrals can be found at:

http://www.am1280thepatriot.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=10800

BTW I also don't believe that George Washington ever threw a silver dollar across the Potomac, but then he didn't start that silly story himself either.

johnnyboy said:
Dear easyt65:

You Posted:

"Yeah, I actually SAW that eulogy, and it was one of the most gross examples of self-promotion and political at such a function I have ever seen. The media and the 'fact check' sites actually had a field day with his story after it was all over!"

They had a "field day"? , perhaps I'm missing some of your sarcasm here, but from what I've been able to determine Slick Willy pulled off another one and the liberal media let it slide past when a simple trip to their own morgues would've blown his shaggy dog story wide open.

Does anybody remember Dec. 2, 1940, Nov 17, 1963, Sept. 06, 2001, "like it was yesterday"? I think not.

For late comers to this thread who want referrals to original sources, referrals can be found at:

http://www.am1280thepatriot.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=10800

BTW I also don't believe that George Washington ever threw a silver dollar across the Potomac, but then he didn't start that silly story himself either.

Of course the Liberal 'media' let it slide, but I do not count CNN, ABC, and CBS as 'media' - they are Liberal Propoganda Machines, not much better than Al Jazeera. The MEDIA I was talking about was neutral and conservative news organizations, Fox News, Bloggers, and especially the internet bloggers and fact checkers - you know, the guys Hillary wants controlled by goverment (The Dems)!

All of you need to calm down, take a deep breath, and go back and read post #51 again.

Just about the only post that makes any sense in this whole non-sensical thread.

Hoot said:
All of you need to calm down, take a deep breath, and go back and read post #51 again.

Just about the only post that makes any sense in this whole non-sensical thread.

It is not the fact that talking about how someone changed your life is self-promoting BS - I have no problem with that. It is the fact that NO ONE BELIEVES WHAT CLINTON SAID AT THAY EULOGY! Several Bloggers and Fact checkers posted 'discrepancies' with his story after the fact, basically proving it to be a 'yarn' or 'little white lie'. He is a proven pathelogical liar who doesn't do ANYTHING for his own gratification/benefit!

I have no problem with someone telling a story related to the person as long as it is true and not a lie to make yourself look better. THAT is exactly what I think Clinton did.

The ceremony for Ms. King, was just another reminder that politicians don't have an ounce of integrity or decency in their body when they are willing to USE an occasion like that as an opportunity to fling bias, political barbs or to make your self or your party look better.

Hoot said:

Keep reading to post #52.

I don't know what criteria for facts, logic, and sense you have, none it seems. Perhaps you think that all it takes is to declare you won an argument, and if everybody believes you, then you did.

Adlai Stevenson once said of Richard Nixon: "I prefer his lies to his truths". For Bill Clinton, his only truths are the lies he thinks he can get away with.

Hoot said:

I was like "wow" someone wrote a good post in this thread and I missed it? So I trudged back to look at post 51, and lo and behold, damn i wrote it.

Thanks.

johnnyboy said:
Libertarian Knight:

You posted:

"For an event that changed the lives of millions of people, it's irrational to expect no one is going to relay that in their own personal way. "

That is the whole problem here, Clinton's "own personal way" is to tell a show stopping whopper.
Partisan bickering, nothing but radicalist right trying to portray Clinton into saying or intending something he obviously did not.

easyt65 said:
Of course the Liberal 'media' let it slide, but I do not count CNN, ABC, and CBS as 'media' - they are Liberal Propoganda Machines, not much better than Al Jazeera. The MEDIA I was talking about was neutral and conservative news organizations, Fox News, Bloggers, and especially the internet bloggers and fact checkers - you know, the guys Hillary wants controlled by goverment (The Dems)!
:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:
Oh right, is it just me or does anyone else find "neutral and conservative" a bit of a self-contradition.
Fox news, bloggers - yes really objective sources right?

easyt65 said:
It is not the fact that talking about how someone changed your life is self-promoting BS - I have no problem with that. It is the fact that NO ONE BELIEVES WHAT CLINTON SAID AT THAY EULOGY! Several Bloggers and Fact checkers posted 'discrepancies' with his story after the fact, basically proving it to be a 'yarn' or 'little white lie'. He is a proven pathelogical liar who doesn't do ANYTHING for his own gratification/benefit!
Since when did blogs ever become a credible source? Blogs = opinion.

The only problem with this entire thread is that so many idiots have thier heads so far up thier ass that even the slightest peep from Clinton or any other "liberal" that makes reference to civil rights movements or to relate with civil rights leaders gets such a drawn out response of how they're using this in such and such way. Nothing but extreemist partisan bickering, exactly what morons like Karl Rove encourage America to do, the more partisan you become the less attention you pay to actual matters and will follow blindly in thier footsteps.

From what I saw of Clintons comments I'd say he was attempting to get the euology back on track. Peanut head Carter and the preacher are the ones who turned it into a politial circus.

jfuh said:
Partisan bickering, nothing but radicalist right trying to portray Clinton into saying or intending something he obviously did not.

Are you kidding me? During a Rosa Parks Tribute, the man spun a yarn, complete with bogus facts that were pointed out on several Fact check sites, that made him sound like Rosa Parks re-incarnate! Clinton has ALWAYS been about 1 thing - Bil Clinton! Just as sure as a lie ever rolled across his lips, as during this tale he spun that day, he did so to make himself look good!

On more times than I can count, the man looked into the faces of Americans and lied over and over and over. On more times than I care to remember, he also used every personal appearance he could to launch a political attack! He used the Rosa Parks Eulogy for his own political benefit. When Bush threw him a bone and asked him and Bush Sr to help with Hurricane relief, Clinton used the platform to attack Bush (you might remember how Bush Sr and him had some choice words about it). He couldn't even help raise money for those who needed it without shifting the focus to his political attack on Bush. Now, at Ms. King's Eulogy,he again joined the pathetic dems to use the stage/platform to attack a Bush (calling Bush Sr in his 'slam' "One of the frozen Chosen")! The man has no shame and is just as much of an embarrasment as an EX-president as he was a President.

Want me to change my mind? It is pretty pathetic that we are STILL having to put up with his scandals and his political attacks at such events as eulogies even after he's been out of office 6 YEARS! I'll tell you what, if he can go an actual year without having yet another Scandal, I'll cut the man some slack. After Sandy Burga...er, Berger's felony theft of Classfied Federal Documents this past summer and the latest, most recent scandal/breaking news of how Clinton obstructed the Cisneros investigation, the clock has to be reset, and we start from today!

Originally posted by easyt65
Are you kidding me? During a Rosa Parks Tribute, the man spun a yarn, complete with bogus facts that were pointed out on several Fact check sites, that made him sound like Rosa Parks re-incarnate! Clinton has ALWAYS been about 1 thing - Bil Clinton! Just as sure as a lie ever rolled across his lips, as during this tale he spun that day, he did so to make himself look good!

On more times than I can count, the man looked into the faces of Americans and lied over and over and over. On more times than I care to remember, he also used every personal appearance he could to launch a political attack! He used the Rosa Parks Eulogy for his own political benefit. When Bush threw him a bone and asked him and Bush Sr to help with Hurricane relief, Clinton used the platform to attack Bush (you might remember how Bush Sr and him had some choice words about it). He couldn't even help raise money for those who needed it without shifting the focus to his political attack on Bush. Now, at Ms. King's Eulogy,he again joined the pathetic dems to use the stage/platform to attack a Bush (calling Bush Sr in his 'slam' "One of the frozen Chosen")! The man has no shame and is just as much of an embarrasment as an EX-president as he was a President.

Want me to change my mind? It is pretty pathetic that we are STILL having to put up with his scandals and his political attacks at such events as eulogies even after he's been out of office 6 YEARS! I'll tell you what, if he can go an actual year without having yet another Scandal, I'll cut the man some slack. After Sandy Burga...er, Berger's felony theft of Classfied Federal Documents this past summer and the latest, most recent scandal/breaking news of how Clinton obstructed the Cisneros investigation, the clock has to be reset, and we start from today!
Clinton's lies didn't kill people. Bush's lies did.

I'd wish you a nice day, but I wouldn't mean it.

Billo_Really said:
Clinton's lies didn't kill people. Bush's lies did.

No, not ALL of Clinton's lies killed people...just his cowardice, his decision not to act, and the fact that he was too busy committing perjury and adultery in the White House with an intern and a cigar did!

The Kobar Towers were bombed by Al Qaida - Americans died. Clinton did nothing! Al Qaida was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

The U.S.S. Cole was bombed by Al Qaida - Americans died. Clinton did nothing! Al Qaida was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

2 American Embassies in Africa were bombed by Al Qaida - Americans died. Clinton did nothing! Al Qaida was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

Able Danger warned Clinton of Al Qaeda's growing threat - Clinton LIED by saying Able Danger never briefed him on Al Qaeda! Al Qaeda was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

Al Qaeda attacked America in our own country on 9-11 because Clinton had refused to respond to the attacks against this country abroad. Clinton sent Sandy Bereger to steal and shred classified goverment documents.Berger later, after being caught, informed investigators that the papers dealt with Able Danger's briefing to Clinton as well as what Clinton knew, did not know, and what he failed to do as President, responsible for defending this nation and its people. All to protect HIS 'legacy'.

As President, Clinton also helped his Arkansas buddy by-pass existing bans of technology sales to China in order to sell the Chineses military the missile technology they lacked, finally giving them the ability to reach the U.S. with their nuclear missiles - putting EVERY U.S. CITIZEN IN DANGER from nuclear attack, all in exchange for millions in campaign contributions traced directly back to the Chinese MILITARY. This, to everyone else in the world besides Liberals/Democrats, is known as TREASON! The very fact that this was never highlighted and that he walked away unscathed from this one is a testiment to his criminal 'slickness' and to the level of partisanship within the Democratic party and Liberal media which helped this one slip quickly from the front pages and into obscurity, protecting the already scandal be-leagured President!

All Clinton had to do was make SOME response after any one of the attacks that killed Americans, to put Al Qaeda on notice that they now had our attention, and he could possibly have stopped 9-11 from happening! But he was too busy selling the Chinese technology that would help them strike the U.S. with Nukes some day!

All Clinton had to do was to actually LISTEN to Able Danger and take some sort of measure - ANYTHING - and he could possibly have prevented 9-11. But he was too busy playing 'Hide the Cigar' with Lewinski!

After 4 seperate attacks by Al Qaeda which resulted in the deaths of American citizens, if he had responded with resolve and force, to protect Americans and show the enemy he wasn't going to just roll over with his belly up, maybe - MAYBE - he could have saved all those lives - or even SOME - lost on 9-11. But he was too busy looking into the camera, into the faces of the millions of Americans watching his press conference, and lying, "I did NOT have sex with THAT woman!"

When the nation required our leader to take action to protect us from the Islamic extremists that had already started systematically killing Americans abroad, Clinton was too busy committing a felony - perjury - lying under oath about sexually harrassing a woman, thereby attempting to strip her of her constitutional right to a fair trial in order to save his own pathelogial lying butt!

easyt65 said:
No, not ALL of Clinton's lies killed people...just his cowardice, his decision not to act, and the fact that he was too busy committing perjury and adultery in the White House with an intern and a cigar did!

The Kobar Towers were bombed by Al Qaida - Americans died. Clinton did nothing! Al Qaida was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

The U.S.S. Cole was bombed by Al Qaida - Americans died. Clinton did nothing! Al Qaida was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

2 American Embassies in Africa were bombed by Al Qaida - Americans died. Clinton did nothing! Al Qaida was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

Able Danger warned Clinton of Al Qaeda's growing threat - Clinton LIED by saying Able Danger never briefed him on Al Qaeda! Al Qaeda was emboldened by his cowardice/refusal to act!

Al Qaeda attacked America in our own country on 9-11 because Clinton had refused to respond to the attacks against this country abroad. Clinton sent Sandy Bereger to steal and shred classified goverment documents.Berger later, after being caught, informed investigators that the papers dealt with Able Danger's briefing to Clinton as well as what Clinton knew, did not know, and what he failed to do as President, responsible for defending this nation and its people. All to protect HIS 'legacy'.

As President, Clinton also helped his Arkansas buddy by-pass existing bans of technology sales to China in order to sell the Chineses military the missile technology they lacked, finally giving them the ability to reach the U.S. with their nuclear missiles - putting EVERY U.S. CITIZEN IN DANGER from nuclear attack, all in exchange for millions in campaign contributions traced directly back to the Chinese MILITARY. This, to everyone else in the world besides Liberals/Democrats, is known as TREASON! The very fact that this was never highlighted and that he walked away unscathed from this one is a testiment to his criminal 'slickness' and to the level of partisanship within the Democratic party and Liberal media which helped this one slip quickly from the front pages and into obscurity, protecting the already scandal be-leagured President!

All Clinton had to do was make SOME response after any one of the attacks that killed Americans, to put Al Qaeda on notice that they now had our attention, and he could possibly have stopped 9-11 from happening! But he was too busy selling the Chinese technology that would help them strike the U.S. with Nukes some day!

All Clinton had to do was to actually LISTEN to Able Danger and take some sort of measure - ANYTHING - and he could possibly have prevented 9-11. But he was too busy playing 'Hide the Cigar' with Lewinski!

After 4 seperate attacks by Al Qaeda which resulted in the deaths of American citizens, if he had responded with resolve and force, to protect Americans and show the enemy he wasn't going to just roll over with his belly up, maybe - MAYBE - he could have saved all those lives - or even SOME - lost on 9-11. But he was too busy looking into the camera, into the faces of the millions of Americans watching his press conference, and lying, "I did NOT have sex with THAT woman!"

When the nation required our leader to take action to protect us from the Islamic extremists that had already started systematically killing Americans abroad, Clinton was too busy committing a felony - perjury - lying under oath about sexually harrassing a woman, thereby attempting to strip her of her constitutional right to a fair trial in order to save his own pathelogial lying butt!
You can provide all the links you want. Fact is, When Clinton lied, no one died. Same can not be saif for your beloved Bush.

easyt65 said:

Surely, you can do better then :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

jfuh said:
You can provide all the links you want. Fact is, When Clinton lied, no one died. Same can not be saif for your beloved Bush.
Wrong - while he was busy lying about his numerous scandals, including his comitting perjury instead of handling his business as president, Americans died in 4 separate attacks, after which he did nothing, strengthening Al Qaeda's resolve and leading up to the attack on 9-11.

It is Amazing to me how such rabid Bush-haters, in the face of such FACT about the corrupt, felonious ineptitude of Clinton can still kiss his butt and cling to the pi$$-poor argument that he was a great President because all that FACT is is just 'spin'. He was the most corrupt, traiterous President in HISTORY, a pathelogical liar, a man with NO integrity, honesty, morality , or ethics, and yet the Democrats still herald him as everything that epitomizes the Democratic party....which they STILL have not figured out is why they have lost the last 2 elections!

Every time Bush supporters try to defend his policys we hear the same old arguement. Instead of pointing out strong arguements showing why Bush is so great, they point to Clinton as a defense. It's a lame defense at best. As bad as Clinton was, he hasn't inflicted as much damage on this country as Bush has. Maybe someone can point out the positive aspects of Bush, because I can't seem to think of any.

tumbleweed said:
Every time Bush supporters try to defend his policys we hear the same old arguement. Instead of pointing out strong arguements showing why Bush is so great, they point to Clinton as a defense. It's a lame defense at best. As bad as Clinton was, he hasn't inflicted as much damage on this country as Bush has. Maybe someone can point out the positive aspects of Bush, because I can't seem to think of any.

Bush is great because he is the 1st President in 13 years to actually spend more time focuising on the country than his own genitals or other interests.

Bush is great because he acts to defend Americans from terrorists instead of blowing it off and cutting deals with the chinese for campaign contributions.

Bush is great because he is a man of conviction who makes a decision based on his faith and what he believes is right instead of flip flopping and basing his decisions on the latest polls.

Bush is great because his ethics and morality come from his faith and up-bringing rather than from Hollywood.

Bush is great because he never committed treason like Kerry and Clinton have.

I could go on and on, but I have a meeting to go to. It is almost as easy to talk about all the reasons Bush is such a great President, which is why the Dems hate him, as it is to talk about clinton's CONTINUING scandals!

easyt65 said:
Bush is great because he is the 1st President in 13 years to actually spend more time focuising on the country than his own genitals or other interests.

Bush is great because he acts to defend Americans from terrorists instead of blowing it off and cutting deals with the chinese for campaign contributions.

Bush is great because he is a man of conviction who makes a decision based on his faith and what he believes is right instead of flip flopping and basing his decisions on the latest polls.

Bush is great because his ethics and morality come from his faith and up-bringing rather than from Hollywood.

I could go on and on, but I have a meeting to go to. It is almost as easy to talk about all the reasons Bush is such a great President, which is why the Dems hate him, as it is to talk about clinton's CONTINUING scandals!

My point exactly. Your refering to Clinton again. I'm sure you could go on and on, but I'm willing to bet Clinton's name would be mentioned or refered to as a defense. Maybe you could explain Bushs accomplishments.

tumbleweed said:
My point exactly. Your refering to Clinton again. I'm sure you could go on and on, but I'm willing to bet Clinton's name would be mentioned or refered to as a defense. Maybe you could explain Bushs accomplishments.

YOU are hillarious! You said no one could talk about/defend Bush with anything good, and I listed off a list of things.

Yes, I also pointed out the difference, at the end, between Bush and Clinton. People talk about faith, integrity, morals, ethics, and steadfastness when they talk about Bush. People talk about scandal, treason, and impeachment when they talk about Clinton - Hey, don't blame ME, though! HE is the one responsible for THAT legacy!

And I love the way the Democrats keep saying, 'Hey, why you bringing THAT up again?" when they start attacking Bush. I love how Jimmy Carter attacked Bush for the wire-tapping program, THEN, when it came out that HE issued the same order to use the SAME type program, the immediate response from the Democrats is 'We're talking about BUSH, NOT Carter! Don't go there!' What BS!

As far as accomplishments:

How about being the 1st President in 13 years to take any action to defend this nation from the constant attacks on this country and its people? I know you don't want to mention the 'President who shall not be named', but the man was a coward and too embroiled in his own interests/scandal to give a rat's butt about the deaths of Americans in 4 sepearate attacks. In fact, as we discussed, he even tried to HIDE/DESTROY the evidence of his cowardice/lack of action in the defense of this nation.

How about the fact that he is setting/making history by assisting the creation of the 1st democratic Muslim govt in the Middle east?

There is much more, but I would be simply wasting my breath because you, a die-hard Bush-hating liberal, will never acknowledge anything ever that is good or anything good that has come out of this administration.

Last edited:
easyt65 said:
Wrong - while he was busy lying about his numerous scandals, including his comitting perjury instead of handling his business as president, Americans died in 4 separate attacks, after which he did nothing, strengthening Al Qaeda's resolve and leading up to the attack on 9-11.
Hmmm, let's see, Republican controlled congress makes a big deal over some one's own personal lifes ****up spending millions of tax payer dollars so that Clinton would admit he cheated on his wife and got a blow job from the intern. Clinton lies about it to keep it from his wife.
911 2001 as I recall Clinton has already been out of office for more than half a year, and Bush receives plenty of information about it both from former Clinton cabinet members and his own advisors yet ignores it. Knowingly lies about Iraq's involvement with 911 and tell me again, how many troops are dead now 2500 something? I'm sorry you were saying something?

easyt65 said:
It is Amazing to me how such rabid Bush-haters, in the face of such FACT about the corrupt, felonious ineptitude of Clinton can still kiss his butt and cling to the pi$$-poor argument that he was a great President because all that FACT is is just 'spin'. He was the most corrupt, traiterous President in HISTORY, a pathelogical liar, a man with NO integrity, honesty, morality , or ethics, and yet the Democrats still herald him as everything that epitomizes the Democratic party....which they STILL have not figured out is why they have lost the last 2 elections!
Just what was it that Clinton lied about again? What has Bush now lied about?

easyt65 said:

Bush is GOD!

Back
Top Bottom