• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton for Democratic Nominee 08'

She IS a woman. Don't underestimate it.

At the very least, Hillary would know how to run the campaign and then the Presidency very very competently.

Pacridge said:
I have no doubt she's got a lock on the NY vote. But do you seriously think she's got a chance to win even one red state?
All she has to do is win Ohio or Florida plus the same states that Kerry won in 2004. I also think she'd have a fighting chance in Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia & West Virginia.

It's certainly way too soon to really know what will be what, and her "brand recognition" factor is way above any other Democrat as of today. This can all change, as we know. Her husband is a perfect example, in 1989 who knew who Bill Clinton was or what a great president he would turn out to be?

26 X World Champs said:
All she has to do is win Ohio or Florida plus the same states that Kerry won in 2004. I also think she'd have a fighting chance in Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia & West Virginia.

It's certainly way too soon to really know what will be what, and her "brand recognition" factor is way above any other Democrat as of today. This can all change, as we know. Her husband is a perfect example, in 1989 who knew who Bill Clinton was or what a great president he would turn out to be?

The right just hates the Clinton's so much. I mean look what they did to Bill. Look what they still do to Bill. For some anything and everything wrong in the world is his fault. Basically what many on the left do with Bush Jr.

I foresee a full scale, full frontal attack companied with multi back door, underhanded tricks and tactics. I think they've already began the set-up. Recently the book "The Truth About Hillary" came out. I haven't read it but the reviews have been pretty consistent. Everyone I've read has basically said this book is awful. Including reviews from many right leaning orgs. Such as the NY Post and the Washington Times. If I'm not mistaken I think I heard Hannity say something neg. about this book on his radio show. Now how many months are there between now and the next Presidential election? A lot. Now what do you want to bet another book or books come out? Ones that are toned down but still full of untruthful anti-Hillary stuff? What do you want to bet that these same right leaning orgs and people claim this/these new books or sources are spot on and great? And what do you want to bet that they'll say something to the effect of "hey when that last book came out we defended Hillary. It was full of inaccurate stuff. But this new source is really true. She really is an awful person. See we're fair and balanced about stuff"?

By the time they're done she'll want to pass a law that all bibles be burned and every church in the US must be forced to preform homosexual marriages. Or that every gun in America must be handed over to the government and the government must melt down those guns and turn the metal into surgical tools to be handed out free to abortion clinics. Or all of the above.

Want to bet?

I personally think Hillary is a doormat for "Slick Willie"........He has crapped on her so many times but she does not seem to mind......It boggles one's mind after all his affairs with other women that she has not divorced him..........I have heard rumors that she is BI or even Gay, that might explain her accepting his philandering and crapping on her.........

I think Republican are hoping she will be the democratic nominee for President in 2008.......They could not ask for a more polarizing person.........Her negatives are as high as her positives...........

26 X World Champs said:
Hillary's approval rating in NY State is over 65%....she's a lock in 2006

If she announces she will stay the whole term, else she is not such a lock.

and the front runner in 2008 for the whole shabang.

Yes but will she not seek a Senate seat or announce in advance that she will run for the WH and leave the seat.

The combined experience of the Clintons and their staff is impressive.

Sorry but the didn't impress me none to much. That administration had very little accomplishment in the end. They did do a good PR job for him and did a good job of delaying the investigations that occoured.

There are a whole lot of White House savvy staff members from Clinton I that would also be in place for Clinton II.

Some but I doubt all that many.

America loved Bill Clinton.

No, Democrats and liberals loved him. But not AMERICA.

His popularity to this day squashes Rove's.

Who cares? Most people don't even know who Rove is and I doubt very serious that being more "popular" than Bill Clinton is not high on Rove's list of things to be.

The minority of Americans who hate Bill do so with a passion, and I believe they simply cannot accept or fathom more Clinton in the White House.

I doubt he will be in the WH very much even if she gets elected. But that being said the minority who love Bill also do so with a passion. Again so what? What's your point?

Navy Pride said:
I personally think Hillary is a doormat for "Slick Willie"........He has crapped on her so many times but she does not seem to mind......It boggles one's mind after all his affairs with other women that she has not divorced him..........I have heard rumors that she is BI or even Gay, that might explain her accepting his philandering and crapping on her.........
Another highly intelligent post, good job.

Hey! I heard besides being a lesbo she's also an ALIEN, and ILLEGAL ALIEN at that. I also heard a rumor that she's actually a guy meaning that Bill is GAY!

Yeah! That's the ticket!

How about some truth now? Hillary is an extremely intelligent person. Even her opponents readily acknowledge her intelligence. The only people who think she's not smart are people such as yourselves, who, IMHO are so prejudiced about any Democrat, especially the Clintons, that you would write almost anything to convince yourself (no one else would believe it) that what you write has any measure of truth or intelligence whatsoever.

You have to love when someone writes:
I have heard rumors that she is BI or even Gay, that might explain her accepting his philandering and crapping on her........
As I wrote, good job!

Navy Pride said:
I think Republican are hoping she will be the democratic nominee for President in 2008.......They could not ask for a more polarizing person.........
Be careful what you wish for....
hunting2.jpg

Stinger said:
If she announces she will stay the whole term, else she is not such a lock.
And who's going to beat her? Can you name even one opponent?
Stinger said:
Yes but will she not seek a Senate seat or announce in advance that she will run for the WH and leave the seat.
Untrue, sorry....
Stinger said:
No, Democrats and liberals loved him. But not AMERICA.
Funny that his polling numbers are still fantastic? How do you explain that, exactly? More than 60% approved of his Presidency when he left office. Does that mean that more than 60% of America is either Democratic or Liberal?
Stinger said:
Who cares? Most people don't even know who Rove is and I doubt very serious that being more "popular" than Bill Clinton is not high on Rove's list of things to be.
Dude, think a little deeper....Rove is President and his popularity numbers suck. What do you mean that most of America doesn't know who Rove is? What part of America is that?
Stinger said:
I doubt he will be in the WH very much even if she gets elected. But that being said the minority who love Bill also do so with a passion. Again so what? What's your point?
My POINT is that it will be oh so sweet when Hillary is elected in 2008. The reality check that Republicans will experience will be priceless....

26 X World Champs said:
Another highly intelligent post, good job.

Hey! I heard besides being a lesbo she's also an ALIEN, and ILLEGAL ALIEN at that. I also heard a rumor that she's actually a guy meaning that Bill is GAY!

Yeah! That's the ticket!

How about some truth now? Hillary is an extremely intelligent person. Even her opponents readily acknowledge her intelligence. The only people who think she's not smart are people such as yourselves, who, IMHO are so prejudiced about any Democrat, especially the Clintons, that you would write almost anything to convince yourself (no one else would believe it) that what you write has any measure of truth or intelligence whatsoever.

You have to love when someone writes:

As I wrote, good job!

So you don't have a problem with "Slick Willie" crapping on her with a dozen affairs and Hillary just opening wide and swallowing the crap...........I have known a lot of women in my lifetime and I know of none who would have taken the crap he laid on her and still stayed married..............Open your liberal mind for one minute and think about it........

26 X World Champs said:
Be careful what you wish for....
hunting2.jpg

As Brer Rabbit once said........."Please don't throw me in that briar patch."

Navy Pride said:
As Brer Rabbit once said........."Please don't throw me in that briar patch."

Oh, and I think a good Conservative Catholic like Yogi Berra would be furious if he knew a bleeding heart liberal was using his Yogi isms........

Navy Pride said:
So you don't have a problem with "Slick Willie" crapping on her with a dozen affairs and Hillary just opening wide and swallowing the crap...........I have known a lot of women in my lifetime and I know of none who would have taken the crap he laid on her and still stayed married..............Open your liberal mind for one minute and think about it........
Dude, their personal life is between them. You think Clinton was the first President to screw around? You think he'll be the last one? Does it matter? Not to me. I could care less who he screws as long as he's not screwing me.....which reminds....Rove is sticking it up all of our butts on a daily basis....not to mention the thousands of Americans Rove has sent to their deaths to fight a private war that we were all manipulated into supporting.

Clinton is beloved to this day around the world, including here at home. Rove, on the the other hand is despised around the world and enjoys the support of less than half of this country.

What will you do when Hillary takes the oath of office on January 20, 2009?

It would be refreshing if you would actually write a post that was an actual debate with real facts rather than the stuff that I think you make up as you're typing, you know, like this, remember, you Mr. Navy Pride wrote this today:
I have heard rumors that she is BI or even Gay, that might explain her accepting his philandering and crapping on her........
Why did you write this slander? What was your motivation? Do you think you're winning the debate with stuff like this? I think it's a loser's tactic when they've popped their cork and have nothing left to do except make $hit up....
moore_wideweb__430x340.jpg

26 X World Champs said:
Dude, their personal life is between them. You think Clinton was the first President to screw around? You think he'll be the last one? Does it matter? Not to me. I could care less who he screws as long as he's not screwing me.....which reminds....Rove is sticking it up all of our butts on a daily basis....not to mention the thousands of Americans Rove has sent to their deaths to fight a private war that we were all manipulated into supporting.

Clinton is beloved to this day around the world, including here at home. Rove, on the the other hand is despised around the world and enjoys the support of less than half of this country.

What will you do when Hillary takes the oath of office on January 20, 2009?

It would be refreshing if you would actually write a post that was an actual debate with real facts rather than the stuff that I think you make up as you're typing, you know, like this, remember, you Mr. Navy Pride wrote this today:

Why did you write this slander? What was your motivation? Do you think you're winning the debate with stuff like this? I think it's a loser's tactic when they've popped their cork and have nothing left to do except make $hit up....
moore_wideweb__430x340.jpg

"Slick Willie" was a joke around the world when he was president.......He disgraced the office of the presidency and embarrassed this country.......I can remember a headline in the New Delhi India newspaper when he made a state visit there..........It said...........President Clinton from the U.S. visiting tomorrow......Please keep your women and female children off the street..........That says it all about the Clinton presidency........

26x, I think your downstate world is warping your mind. Hillary would have a hard time carrying NY at this point (especially in a Democratic primary), let alone enough of the country to win the Presidency.

Since she became Senator, she's been known as "the silent senator" for not really being anywhere on the issues facing New Yorkers. She hasn't done anything for New York, really. Especially in western NY, the contrast between her and Senator Schumer is striking. It seems like every other day he's in our area announcing some initiative that he's spearheading or some work that he's doing. I may not always agree with his politics (i'm a libertarian) but at least he seems to give a damn. More than I can say for Senator Clinton.

tivodan1116 said:
26x, I think your downstate world is warping your mind. Hillary would have a hard time carrying NY at this point (especially in a Democratic primary), let alone enough of the country to win the Presidency.

Since she became Senator, she's been known as "the silent senator" for not really being anywhere on the issues facing New Yorkers. She hasn't done anything for New York, really. Especially in western NY, the contrast between her and Senator Schumer is striking. It seems like every other day he's in our area announcing some initiative that he's spearheading or some work that he's doing. I may not always agree with his politics (i'm a libertarian) but at least he seems to give a damn. More than I can say for Senator Clinton.

This is from The Washingtom Times...I only put down one section of the article...I've provided a link for full reading...draw your own conclusions....

The Washington Times editorial page would like to add its two-cents' worth by reviewing Mrs. Clinton's first years in the Senate and comparing her voting record to the record of liberalism's unquestioned standard-bearer, Teddy Kennedy, who would be proud to say that he has never been mistaken for a "Northeastern centrist." What do you know? The unquestionably liberal voting records of these two Northeasterners are virtually indistinguishable.
• The Americans for Democratic Action (ADA), the self-styled premier liberal organization that issues annual congressional voting ratings by tallying the votes cast on its 20 most important issues, has given Mrs. Clinton scores (ADA cleverly calls them "liberal quotients") of 95 percent for each of her first three years. Mr. Kennedy's ADA ratings have been 100 percent (2001 and 2002) and 95 percent (2003).
• If the ADA guards the liberal flame in Congress, the American Conservative Union (ACU) performs the same function for conservatives. Mrs. Clinton's average ACU rating (2001-2003) of 11 is not much different from Mr. Kennedy's 5 for the same period.
• The Big Labor bosses love New York's junior senator as much as they worship Massachusetts' senior senator. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, which is feverishly working to protect the gold-plated, unaffordable, bankruptcy-inducing pensions and early-retirement privileges of public workers, has given Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Kennedy 100 percent ratings for 2001, 2002 and 2003. Meanwhile, Mrs. Clinton's lifetime rating of 93 percent from the AFL-CIO is precisely the same as Mr. Kennedy's.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20041120-084025-3316r.htm

tivodan1116 said:
If my mind is "warped" as you suggest then how do you explain this AP story written on 7-20-2005? Am I warped, or are your perceptions warped by your personal dislike for Hillary? The two are not the same. I simply stated a quantitative fact as this piece shows. Can you rebut my position and this story with an equally non-partisan current story that supports your position? Here's my evidence:
Sen. Clinton Has Big Lead in N.Y. Poll
RSS Feeds From ABC 7 Wednesday July 20, 2005 12:48pm
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton continues to sport a hefty lead over potential Republican challenger Jeanine Pirro in the 2006 Senate race, a statewide poll reported Wednesday.

The poll had the former first lady leading Pirro, the Westchester County district attorney, 57 percent to 31 percent. A June poll from the Albany-area institute had Clinton leading Pirro, 59 percent to 29 percent.

Pirro has said she will run for statewide office next year, but has not announced whether that will be for Senate or state attorney general.

Sixty percent of voters surveyed by Siena for the new poll said Clinton should be re-elected and 60 percent said they have a favorable opinion of her. National polls have her as the front-runner for the party's 2008 presidential nomination.

The less well-known Pirro's favorable rating was 27 percent, with 61 percent of voters saying they didn't have an opinion about her.

Siena's telephone poll of 620 registered voters was conducted July 12-18 and has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 4 percentage points.
Source: http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0705/245073.html

Navy Pride said:
I can remember a headline in the New Delhi India newspaper when he made a state visit there..........It said...........President Clinton from the U.S. visiting tomorrow......Please keep your women and female children off the street..........That says it all about the Clinton presidency........
Are you incapable of stating facts? Are you only able to make up $hit? I read your posts and I think to myself that Navy Pride has no debating skills whatsoever, none. How else can you explain that you make up stuff like this:
or this:
I can remember a headline in the New Delhi India newspaper when he made a state visit there..........It said...........President Clinton from the U.S. visiting tomorrow......Please keep your women and female children off the street.
Do you honestly believe that you're scoring debating points for writing bullshit statements like these? Is it too much for you to simply state an opinion that you have WITHOUT making up rumors that you use to support your opinion?

In a debate it is normal to use facts that you can prove are true by publishing the link to the source. When you do that people who read your posts might still disagree with you but they will also have respect for your opinion since you've validated it through an independent source.

Which brings me back to your posts, the ones that call Hillary Gay and President Clinton a molester and pedophile. IMHO the lowest form of intelligence consistently resorts to lies and innuendo when writing posts for this site. It is PATHETIC that someone has such a weak position that they lower themselves to write bullshit like the bullshit that you've written about the Clintons.

Why not write that you despise "Slick Willie" and Hillary's public records as a Senator & President? That you don't want to see her elected? That you disagree with their politics? Is that beyond your capabilities? You, instead, choose to attack their personal lives as your universal rebut for any mention of the Clintons. Your attacks are the lowest form of debating, made up personal attacks.

26 X World Champs said:
Are you incapable of stating facts? Are you only able to make up $hit? I read your posts and I think to myself that Navy Pride has no debating skills whatsoever, none. How else can you explain that you make up stuff like this:

or this:

Do you honestly believe that you're scoring debating points for writing bullshit statements like these? Is it too much for you to simply state an opinion that you have WITHOUT making up rumors that you use to support your opinion?

In a debate it is normal to use facts that you can prove are true by publishing the link to the source. When you do that people who read your posts might still disagree with you but they will also have respect for your opinion since you've validated it through an independent source.

Which brings me back to your posts, the ones that call Hillary Gay and President Clinton a molester and pedophile. IMHO the lowest form of intelligence consistently resorts to lies and innuendo when writing posts for this site. It is PATHETIC that someone has such a weak position that they lower themselves to write bullshit like the bullshit that you've written about the Clintons.

Why not write that you despise "Slick Willie" and Hillary's public records as a Senator & President? That you don't want to see her elected? That you disagree with their politics? Is that beyond your capabilities? You, instead, choose to attack their personal lives as your universal rebut for any mention of the Clintons. Your attacks are the lowest form of debating, made up personal attacks.

You know I really don't care what you believe.......All you do is insult the messenger........I know what this man did as a president and so does every knowledgeable American.........You are so in love with the Clintons and have your nose so far up their butts that you are blinded or don't want to hear the truth..........

As for Hillary for President in 2008 as a great President once said........."BRING IT ON."

Navy Pride said:
You know I really don't care what you believe.......All you do is insult the messenger........I know what this man did as a president and so does every knowledgeable American.........You are so in love with the Clintons and have your nose so far up their butts that you are blinded or don't want to hear the truth..........

As for Hillary for President in 2008 as a great President once said........."BRING IT ON."

That may well be one of the dumbest things this mediocre, completely less then competent, President ever said. In fact he's apologized for saying it, citing the high likelihood it lead to the death of many of our troops.

Navy Pride said:
You're amazing, really, you are. Even Rove himself apologized for that remark! Only someone of lessor intelligence would continue to cite it, as that particular quote has caused Rove untold amounts of embarrassment and was used as a recruiting tool by our enemies.

Now, back to the facts....you wrote these gems earlier today:
Originally Posted by Navy Pride
I can remember a headline in the New Delhi India newspaper when he made a state visit there..........It said...........President Clinton from the U.S. visiting tomorrow......Please keep your women and female children off the street..........That says it all about the Clinton presidency.......
AND:
Originally Posted by Navy Pride
Why not admit you're simply slandering the Clintons because you despise them? At least then you would be honest with us and to yourself. The attributing of bullshit rumors to them is as weak as it gets.

Pacridge said:
That may well be one of the dumbest things this mediocre, completely less then competent, President ever said. In fact he's apologized for saying it, citing the high likelihood it lead to the death of many of our troops.

Well here we go again...How about a link for that apology?:roll:

26 X World Champs said:
You're amazing, really, you are. Even Rove himself apologized for that remark! Only someone of lessor intelligence would continue to cite it, as that particular quote has caused Rove untold amounts of embarrassment and was used as a recruiting tool by our enemies.

Now, back to the facts....you wrote these gems earlier today:

AND:

Why not admit you're simply slandering the Clintons because you despise them? At least then you would be honest with us and to yourself. The attributing of bullshit rumors to them is as weak as it gets.

Yeah, Clinton did not have sex with that women Ms Lewinsky.......

As Hillary said its all a great right wing conspiracy.......

You really need to wake up and smell the roses..........If Hillary ever made a sudden stop it would break your face...........

Back
Top Bottom