• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton for Democratic Nominee 08'

Stinger said:
Why? So what? It's a pretty racist and sexist "thing of like" then.
You can not be attracted to an African american and not be racist. You see it where it doesn't exist.
No Irish is not a race. But if a Republican went out in public and said he wants to see a man and a white man at that appionted the cries of racist and sexist would be blaring wouldn't they.
I consider us a race. They would be blaring no matter who did it. You are with Mrs. Bush.
Which is a sexist comment. Just as if I were hiring a position and I said I would like to see a man hired it would be sexist. It prejudgies the selection.
No, you just would like it. It doesn't say-it can't happen if it isn't a woman. It like my advocating for abortion. I am saying that I want it but that doesn't mean everyone has to, etc.
But I am amused Obama makes a good speech at a convention and suddenly he is being catapulted from a state legislature position into the White House. Now perhaps after he has won a state wide election and then maybe held an executive position as a Govenor or maybe even in the US Congress (although that is not a very good way into the White House). But for the life of me I don't see why he is being suggested onto the National ticket merely on the basis of his charisma, but then I forget he is running on the Democrat side.
Honestly, I knew about him before and thought he was amazing then. He had lunch with my boss before the speech as well and he was seriously impressed, and it takes a lot to impress my boss.
You don't trust women and fear black people?
I am saying, nvm, you are acting too dim to get it. This is it. I am saying the country as a whole. Get it? I would love to see it happen, but I don't think the country on the whole is ready.
I'm ready to elect anyone who I believe can lead this country effectively and impliment to policies I support. How about you?
Ditto.
Well you should work on that it really limits your outlook.
I don't think the country is ready on a whole. I am.
Where do you get that idea? The South is no more racist than anywhere else, perhaps less so. A conservative black would have no problem getting support from Southern states. You need to get with the times. Put Condi Rice on the ticket and I bet she would swipe the South. I can thing of several Blacks who would do well.
Hm..every time I have gone to the South I have seen obvious signs of racism. In fact I was just in Raleigh airport and heard the n word so many times...ridiculous.
Sorry but I find your prejudices cloud you vision. It's about issues not race or sex.
I agree that it shouldn't be an issue, but this country has always been focused on both. I don't have predujices, and obviously, you do not think you have any either. Two kindred souls.
Regards from LA (Lower Alabama)
Good for you.

Regards from LA (Los Angeles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsburns
................Trust me I would love to see a Black or Women president.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
Why? That's a pretty racist and sexist position.

From ShamMol to me: Coming from you, that is a hoot.

From me: Why?

ShamMol said:
You can not be attracted to an African american and not be racist. You see it where it doesn't exist.

I'm sorry but you are not making any sense. Why was that a "hoot" coming from me?

Quote:
No Irish is not a race. But if a Republican went out in public and said he wants to see a man and a white man at that appionted the cries of racist and sexist would be blaring wouldn't they.

you:
I consider us a race.

Who is "us"? If you mean the Irish you mentioned then you are mistaken. I am Irish too, we are not a race we are a nationality.

They would be blaring no matter who did it. You are with Mrs. Bush.

How am I with Mrs. Bush?

Quote:
Which is a sexist comment. Just as if I were hiring a position and I said I would like to see a man hired it would be sexist. It prejudgies the selection.
No, you just would like it. It doesn't say-it can't happen if it isn't a woman.

Nope and if I hired a man over a woman and she found out I had said any such thing she would have grounds to file a federal lawsuit. It is sexist to prejudge in that manner and against the law in the hiring process.

It like my advocating for abortion.

It is by no stretch of the imagination like advocating for abortion or any other issue. There are specific laws governing sex and race. And society has set rules of behavior, at least when it applies to white men it seems by your comments.

Honestly, I knew about him before and thought he was amazing then. He had lunch with my boss before the speech as well and he was seriously impressed, and it takes a lot to impress my boss.

What is so amazing about him that he would make a great President, what in his history, what it his position on the issues?

you:
You may be saying to yourself-what?! Think about it. Is our nation really ready to elect a woman president? A lot of the bias that used to be is still there and I just don't see it happening.

me: Quote:
You don't trust women and fear black people?

I am saying, nvm, you are acting too dim to get it. This is it. I am saying the country as a whole. Get it? I would love to see it happen, but I don't think the country on the whole is ready.

Ahhhhh, you are above the rest of us.

Ditto.
I don't think the country is ready on a whole. I am.

I see, ditto you are REALLY above the rest of us.

Hm..every time I have gone to the South I have seen obvious signs of racism.

Perhaps you are merely trying to find them here and ignore them elsewhere. I don't have to travel here I live here and have lived elsewhere. It's no more racist here than elsewhere.

In fact I was just in Raleigh airport and heard the n word so many times...ridiculous.

Well if indeed you did hear it you probably heard it coming from blacks who use it much more than whites do down here.
I agree that it shouldn't be an issue, but this country has always been focused on both.

Only those like you who tend to make it an issue.

I don't have predujices, and obviously,

Not too obvious so far. Seem pretty prejudice towards the south and white men for president.

I really just don't care what race or sex and don't she what any advantage to electing a woman or a black or a man or a white. It's about the issues and where they stand and how effective a leader they would be. Get beyond such things.

Regards from LA (Los Angeles)[/QUOTE

I will try and clean up the mess you made up my post...wow.
Stinger said:
I'm sorry but you are not making any sense. Why was that a "hoot" coming from me?
I didn't adress it because I thought I was referring to someone else.
Who is "us"? If you mean the Irish you mentioned then you are mistaken. I am Irish too, we are not a race we are a nationality.
See, I see us as a race unto ourselves. But you are also correct in calling us a nationality. I just hate the label white. I am not white god damn it, I am an Irish-American.
How am I with Mrs. Bush?
Worded badly. I meant to say that you should take offense at what Mrs. Bush said. The point is that we are not a color-blind and gender-blind country, no matter how much you want to say we are.
Nope and if I hired a man over a woman and she found out I had said any such thing she would have grounds to file a federal lawsuit. It is sexist to prejudge in that manner and against the law in the hiring process.
I can say that I would like to hire a woman, and then choose not to when I saw that their qualifications are different. There are so many subtleties to that law.
It is by no stretch of the imagination like advocating for abortion or any other issue. There are specific laws governing sex and race. And society has set rules of behavior, at least when it applies to white men it seems by your comments.
What comments? So, do you want those laws gone since we are a race-blind, color-blind, and gender-blind country? Give me a break.
What is so amazing about him that he would make a great President, what in his history, what it his position on the issues?
Have you ever talked with him? Just shook his hand? The man has so much charisma. He is a moderate liberal who is a success story for so many. Tell that isn't compelling. I shook his hand, and he was on (like fired up) even though it was late in the day and he had been doing this all day. He was amazing.
Ahhhhh, you are above the rest of us. I see, ditto you are REALLY above the rest of us.
You know what, in a sense yes. The country I feel is on a whole not ready to accept women or minorities in a high posistion of goverment. I do not feel that way. If that makes me above, apparently you since you take offense at that, so be it.
Perhaps you are merely trying to find them here and ignore them elsewhere. I don't have to travel here I live here and have lived elsewhere. It's no more racist here than elsewhere.
I rarely see it in Los Angeles, and then it is directed at illegals, not citizens (which doesn't make it any better). I see it each time I go to south. I rarely see in the west. Hmm...maybe you are immune to it, just don't hear it, or maybe there is a bubble that follows you around.
Well if indeed you did hear it you probably heard it coming from blacks who use it much more than whites do down here.
White businessmen. Anything else?
Only those like you who tend to make it an issue.
Like me? So now you above the rest of us too?
Not too obvious so far. Seem pretty prejudice towards the south and white men for president.
That is the winning combination and seems to have been for quite a long time. Billy Boy, yup. George? Yup. Billy Senior, kinda. Even Reagan had that southern rugged feel.
I really just don't care what race or sex and don't she what any advantage to electing a woman or a black or a man or a white. It's about the issues and where they stand and how effective a leader they would be. Get beyond such things.
I agree. I don't look to that honestly except in political terms. I feel that it would not be wise to run a woman or black for president because of the predujices of the country-voting blocks and all.

The winning formula for Hillary is not very complicated. All Hillary has to do is win the same states that Kerry won plus either Ohio or Florida. She can also easily win Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Iowa.

I would LOVE to see her run against Frist, that would be GREAT! It would be a true choice, pick your sides.
bushillary.jpg

ShamMol said:
I will try and clean up the mess you made up my post...wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger

I didn't adress it because I thought I was referring to someone else.

Well perhaps that is why you it appears "messed up", perhaps you should have stated that in the first place.

See, I see us as a race unto ourselves.

Which is simply incorrect, Irish are caucasins.

But you are also correct in calling us a nationality. I just hate the label white. I am not white god damn it, I am an Irish-American.

That may be your nationality but it is not your race.

My Quote:
How am I with Mrs. Bush?

Worded badly. I meant to say that you should take offense at what Mrs. Bush said. The point is that we are not a color-blind and gender-blind country, no matter how much you want to say we are.

I know the Democrat/Liberal side surely isn't, they are the ones who always make a big deal about race and seem to want to classify people and giver preference to people based on such things.

My Quote:

I can say that I would like to hire a woman, and then choose not to when I saw that their qualifications are different. There are so many subtleties to that law.

I would suggest you not do that or at the very least advise you HHR manager of your intentions to go around saying that. Else you may find yourself the subject of a lawsuit.

My Quote:

What comments? So, do you want those laws gone since we are a race-blind, color-blind, and gender-blind country? Give me a break.

No I think we need them to protect us from the race based policies of the left. Comments such as the selection for SCOTUS should be based on sex.

My Quote:

Have you ever talked with him? Just shook his hand? The man has so much charisma. He is a moderate liberal who is a success story for so many. Tell that isn't compelling. I shook his hand, and he was on (like fired up) even though it was late in the day and he had been doing this all day. He was amazing.

Hmmmm seems you are having trouble describing what would make him a great President and what in his history or position on issues would make him a great President. I don't find a great hand-shake or charisma or being able to be "on" late in the day very convincing. Sounds like another Clinton to me, lots of talk little action.

You know what, in a sense yes. The country I feel is on a whole not ready to accept women or minorities in a high posistion of goverment.

Well speak for yourself.

I do not feel that way. If that makes me above, apparently you since you take offense at that, so be it.

Well you seem to be saying "I could except a woman but the rest of you could not".

I rarely see it in Los Angeles, and then it is directed at illegals, not citizens (which doesn't make it any better). I see it each time I go to south.

I think prehaps sometimes we see what we expect to see. And as far as the N word being used all over the Raliegh airport, I can assure you that were that the case and anyone in authority heard it it would be shut down and those of us without authority would look with disapproval.

Hmm...maybe you are immune to it, just don't hear it, or maybe there is a bubble that follows you around.

Maybe it's just a matter that we have very good race realtions here. We actaully all work together these days and even go into the same restruants (just like yesterday in a little ole town here in Alabama where us white and blacks sat down together and ate and talked about our families and our jobs)

Certainly above those who want to make race or sex an issue.

That is the winning combination and seems to have been for quite a long time. Billy Boy, yup. George? Yup. Billy Senior, kinda. Even Reagan had that southern rugged feel.
I agree. I don't look to that honestly except in political terms. I feel that it would not be wise to run a woman or black for president because of the predujices of the country-voting blocks and all.[/QUOTE]

My Quote:
I agree. I don't look to that honestly except in political terms. I feel that it would not be wise to run a woman or black for president because of the predujices of the country-voting blocks and all.

Which is probably why you will see the first black or woman elected by the Republican party, it's simply not an issue.

Oops typo on the previous

Let out quote mark before "That is the winning.........."

should have been
Quote:

Anyway mostly just tweaking your nose a bit. I find it curious that some who proclaim EQUAL RIGHTS then turn around and want to use race and sex are preferences and think that they somehow make a difference. ie "We need a woman president".

26 X World Champs said:
The winning formula for Hillary is not very complicated. All Hillary has to do is win the same states that Kerry won plus either Ohio or Florida. She can also easily win Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Iowa.

Oh that sounds easy :thumbdown

Lots of baggage not much experience running things. The Dems can do alot better.

Stinger said:
Which is simply incorrect, Irish are caucasins. That may be your nationality but it is not your race.
That is your view. But answer me this-If I call a Spainard a Latino and they take offense are they wrong? Because they are basically the same "race." I consider race idiocy and don't have any devotion to it, while I have devotion to my Irish heritage.
I know the Democrat/Liberal side surely isn't, they are the ones who always make a big deal about race and seem to want to classify people and giver preference to people based on such things.
Because it is an issue? It is... My main problem that ever concerns race is the Native American population, which I feel needs a ton of help. There are some that are well off, but then you go onto a reservation and see the desperation and drug use and you realize how far they haven't come and how much help we have to give them.
I would suggest you not do that or at the very least advise you HHR manager of your intentions to go around saying that. Else you may find yourself the subject of a lawsuit.
Noted.
No I think we need them to protect us from the race based policies of the left. Comments such as the selection for SCOTUS should be based on sex.
So you disagree with Mrs. Bush? See, it brings a different viewpoint, that is why people want either a minority or a female.
Hmmmm seems you are having trouble describing what would make him a great President and what in his history or position on issues would make him a great President. I don't find a great hand-shake or charisma or being able to be "on" late in the day very convincing. Sounds like another Clinton to me, lots of talk little action.
Hm...let me post what I said about him in another thread, you may find it interesting.
I have had lunch with him. Before he was famous. Basically, I was working for my boss who was a main contributor to the Edwards campaign and even gave him his personal plane to ride around in. Anyways, long story short, I was in contact with the money guy for the Edwards campaign who was having lunch with Obama to discuss overall fundraising for the DNC and I got myself invited along. The man is so amazing. He is charasmatic and is "on" even when trying not to be.

I really like some of his policies, especially his foreign policy, which I believe is very sensible and not very often advocated, which includes in the 10 point plan instilling democracy in the latin america and stopping the school of americas (basically it would have to stop). That is something I am rather passionate about. He also was for more cooperation with the world, especially minding the geneva convention and not disregarding it when we see fit.

Another two areas which he is particularly strong on is of importance to me are health care and education. On education, he especially advocates for direct lending from the federal government to college students instead of the inefficient system of giving it out to private banks. He also suggested plans to get more teachers directly from the ranks of college students by giving them housing plus a stipend to teach in horrible schools and change kids lives.

On health care he has protected people from price gouging when he was just in the state government. He added a ton of people to the rolls and he was trying to add even more. He feels that it is the nation's responsibility to provide health insurance for those who cannot afford it, especially the children. He also wants the Federal government to negotiate drug prices to make it fair for all people, not just the rich.
Well speak for yourself. Well you seem to be saying "I could except a woman but the rest of you could not".
As you said, speak for yourself...not for me.
I think prehaps sometimes we see what we expect to see. And as far as the N word being used all over the Raliegh airport, I can assure you that were that the case and anyone in authority heard it it would be shut down and those of us without authority would look with disapproval.
Just because it is shut down by authorities does not mean that the sentiment isn't there. I frankly always see racism when I go to the South, and to an extent, San Diego and Arizona with Latinos.
Maybe it's just a matter that we have very good race realtions here. We actaully all work together these days and even go into the same restruants (just like yesterday in a little ole town here in Alabama where us white and blacks sat down together and ate and talked about our families and our jobs)
Then you are a lucky city/town or do not notice as much.
I think it should be an issue until it doesn't have to be, and there is evidence that it sitll has to be.
So you agree that there are predujices?
Which is probably why you will see the first black or woman elected by the Republican party, it's simply not an issue.
See, I don't know about that. But we shall see, but I might be willing to bet heavily against it.

galenrox said:
I live in Iowa, and she would have a shot there, depending on her running mate. A lot of the people there are fairly socially conservative, but are also sick to death of all of the republican bullshit, from what I can tell.

I don't think they are ready to trade if for Hillary BS. She has too much baggage. And remember she promised to serve out her whole term as a NY Senator, was that a lie?

galenrox said:
Well, then, if the republican party is so color and gender blind, how come they are yet to produce a non-white male christian candidate for president?

Oh it will happen, the Democrats certainly haven't managed it either. And no I don't consider Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton serious candidates. The Republicans certainly have the better record as far as cabinet officials.

Because I find it hard to believe that in the history of the US, or even in the last 50 years there would be at least one election where a woman or a member of a minority race would be the superior candidate, I mean, at least once.

There are lots of Republican women office holders and don't forget Elizabeth Dole ran for President. Women and Blacks are not barred from the Republican party by any means.

Basically, you need to cut the bullshit. Republicans aren't colorblind at all, they are just trying to snag the minority vote.

Of course they are trying to attrach the minority vote, how absurd to think they are not. And they are gaining every year. What is BS is that the Democrats think they are owed the votes of blacks and women.

Isn't that why I heard talk from right wing commentators that Bush might want to nominate a hispanic candidate?

I don't know but it is apparent Bush nominates the person he thinks is most fitting for the job.

If you were all truly colorblind,

I'm not a Republican.

wouldn't you not notice is you nominated a hispanic, and not trumpet the fact that Gonzales is the first hispanic attorney general?

Didn't mean a hill of beans to me and to most of the conservatives I heard, once again it was the liberal side and the Democrats who want to make such an issue out of it.

ShamMol said:
That is your view. But answer me this-If I call a Spainard a Latino and they take offense are they wrong? Because they are basically the same "race."

Spanish and Latino's are caucasian. They are not seperate race's. They are a subpopulation. And it's not a view.

I consider race idiocy and don't have any devotion to it, while I have devotion to my Irish heritage.

So what do you call wanting someone of a particular race to be elected to an office?

My Quote:
So you disagree with Mrs. Bush? See, it brings a different viewpoint, that is why people want either a minority or a female.

Yes.

Hm...let me post what I said about him in another thread, you may find it interesting.

I really like some of his policies, especially his foreign policy, which I believe is very sensible and not very often advocated, which includes in the 10 point plan instilling democracy in the latin america and stopping the school of americas (basically it would have to stop). That is something I am rather passionate about. He also was for more cooperation with the world, especially minding the geneva convention and not disregarding it when we see fit.

I have no idea what his 10 point plan is, the School of the Americas doesn't exist anymore, it operates differently under another name, and provides a worthy service, why does he want to disband it? And what are you speaking of concerning the geneva convention, the courts just ruled that the Gitmo detainess do NOT come under the conventions. But if you believe we should not be allowed to interrogate Alqaeda and terrorist, that we must pay them a monthly salary while we hold them, that we must allow them to communicate with their families, that we must provide them education and all the other things afforded by the conventions I'd like to hear you make that case.

Another two areas which he is particularly strong on is of importance to me are health care and education. On education, he especially advocates for direct lending from the federal government to college students instead of the inefficient system of giving it out to private banks.

And this is suppose to do what? Why do you believe the even more ineffectual federal government can do a better job of lending money?

He also suggested plans to get more teachers directly from the ranks of college students by giving them housing plus a stipend to teach in horrible schools and change kids lives.

:rofl oh you are not serious, why on earth would he want to get the federal government involved in such a convoluted problem? Teacher make quite enough money to buy houses, I know lots of teachers and they are not lacking in housing. What I do know is that a major report came out this week showing the success of Bush's "No Child Left Behind". Quality education, and getting back to it, are not about federal housing for teachers. But please explain the reasoning behind this theory that giving a teacher a government house will make them a better teacher? What happens if they stop teaching? What if two teachers marry?

Sounds to me like you candidate has a lot of no very well thought out plans.

He added a ton of people to the rolls and he was trying to add even more.

Ahh more people of government assistence is his answer? Why not more people able to provide for themselves?

He feels that it is the nation's responsibility to provide health insurance for those who cannot afford it, especially the children.

The nation's or the federal governments? And when did this responsibilty get assigned to the federal government? And since the federal government has no money of it's own what he is really saying is that it is the duty of the federal government to take money from Sam and give it to Peter so he can pay for his health care. The federal government provides nothing for anyone until it takes it from someone else first.

He also wants the Federal government to negotiate drug prices to make it fair for all people, not just the rich.

Define "fair". A good portion of my retirement money is invested in Drug companies, where does he get off coming after my money to make it "fair" for someone else?

So far all you are offering from him is BIG GOVERNMENT and lots of GOVERNMENT CONTROLS.

I frankly always see racism when I go to the South,

I frankly live here and see very little. Saw more when I lived in Chicago.

Then you are a lucky city/town or do not notice as much.

I travel Alabama, Mississippi, S. Louisiana. and the Florida pan-handle week in and week out. I work with people or all races who work with people of all races.

I think it should be an issue until it doesn't have to be, and there is evidence that it sitll has to be.

Quote:

For the Democrats yes, but more and more blacks are rejecting that kind of rhetoric.
Quote:
So you agree that there are predujices?
That was the typo I meantioned in my follow, that was actually a quote from you.

My Quote:

See, I don't know about that. But we shall see, but I might be willing to bet heavily against it.

Would you vote for a black woman running for President on a Republican ticket because you believe it is time this country had a black and/or woman President?

Stinger said:
And it's not a view.
Fine, with you it is fact, and therefore, I don't have to debate it with you anymore.
I have no idea what his 10 point plan is, the School of the Americas doesn't exist anymore, it operates differently under another name, and provides a worthy service, why does he want to disband it? And what are you speaking of concerning the geneva convention, the courts just ruled that the Gitmo detainess do NOT come under the conventions. But if you believe we should not be allowed to interrogate Alqaeda and terrorist, that we must pay them a monthly salary while we hold them, that we must allow them to communicate with their families, that we must provide them education and all the other things afforded by the conventions I'd like to hear you make that case.
I suggest you read his speech on the ten point plan, but I just picked out specifics from it.

I will always say that human beings deserve to be treated as human beings, without abuse, without torture. In his plan, he feels that we should specifically abide by those rules in regards to terrorists.

The Supreme Court ruled last year that detainees at the U.S. naval base in Guantanamo Bay have a right to challenge their imprisonment but left it to lower courts to handle individual appeals. That didn't say that they were not governed by the Geneva convention. That is the contention of the Bush Administration. The administration had claimed that the executive branch has the unilateral, unreviewable constitutional authority to deem any person (even a U.S. citizen here in the U.S) an "enemy combatant" -- and, on that basis, to detain that person indefinitely without access to lawyers or courts. Thanks to a nearly unanimous Court (only Justice Clarence Thomas dissented), this step toward despotism-yes despotism-was avoided.

Oh, and SOA is still up and running, the bill is still in Congress and hasn't been passed. It has 113 co-sponsors and it may finally succeed in being closed.
And this is suppose to do what? Why do you believe the even more ineffectual federal government can do a better job of lending money?
I believe it will cut down on a lot of excess expenditures and thus allow more money to go out to those who need it.
:rofl oh you are not serious, why on earth would he want to get the federal government involved in such a convoluted problem? Teacher make quite enough money to buy houses, I know lots of teachers and they are not lacking in housing. What I do know is that a major report came out this week showing the success of Bush's "No Child Left Behind". Quality education, and getting back to it, are not about federal housing for teachers. But please explain the reasoning behind this theory that giving a teacher a government house will make them a better teacher? What happens if they stop teaching? What if two teachers marry?
They sign a contract for six years. They train for a year and then teach in underpriveledged schools for 5. I don't know about the rest of the country, but California needs this badly. The teachers in the public schools here are horrible, they are underpaid, they don't care about their job, and frankly shouldn't. The housing situation in Los Angeles is grim indeed and teachers would be hard-pressed to find a house in their price range. Plus, the benefit of this program is that they are being paid less than regular teachers (30k) and wouldn't be teaching most likely without it. I think it is great, but go ahead and attack, I just won't listen. For me, like no race is important with you, this is fact.
Sounds to me like you candidate has a lot of no very well thought out plans.
Great for you.
Ahh more people of government assistence is his answer? Why not more people able to provide for themselves?
Ah, the Republican response. I guess I am more socialist in the sense that I LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE LIVE!!. But anyway, his main focus is on the children of those who cannot provide for them medical care, surely you aren't against helping children?
The nation's or the federal governments? And when did this responsibilty get assigned to the federal government? And since the federal government has no money of it's own what he is really saying is that it is the duty of the federal government to take money from Sam and give it to Peter so he can pay for his health care. The federal government provides nothing for anyone until it takes it from someone else first.
The nation as a people, the government as the organization that can provide it. It is our responsibility as human beings, but in your capitalist mindset, it is a dog eat dog world and we are just living in it tryin to make our way.
Define "fair". A good portion of my retirement money is invested in Drug companies, where does he get off coming after my money to make it "fair" for someone else?

So far all you are offering from him is BIG GOVERNMENT and lots of GOVERNMENT CONTROLS.
Tough *****? Honestly, you should diversify. It is fair for everyone because all drugs will be lower in price and thus the elderly won't have to make the decision...should I eat or get my meds?

I like big government, while you don't. So you are obviously pre-disposed to hating the guy, which is just fine by me.
I frankly live here and see very little. Saw more when I lived in Chicago.
I have seen a lot there as well in my three trips.
I travel Alabama, Mississippi, S. Louisiana. and the Florida pan-handle week in and week out. I work with people or all races who work with people of all races.
The majority of my school was a "minority," trust me I get it. I work now with all races and it doesn't matter to me. But my point is that people have predujices deep down which are really hard to let go of. You are not one of those people obviously, but I personally think that a lot of people are.
For the Democrats yes, but more and more blacks are rejecting that kind of rhetoric.
Agree to disagree. I know plenty of African-Americans who would be laughing on the ground at that comment.
That was the typo I meantioned in my follow, that was actually a quote from you.
Fine, then what do you think of it?
Would you vote for a black woman running for President on a Republican ticket because you believe it is time this country had a black and/or woman President?
No, but I believe that people in this country might vote for that reason or vote to try and make sure that reason (woman/minority) doesn't get into the main office.

Stinger said:
Oh that sounds easy :thumbdown

Lots of baggage not much experience running things. The Dems can do alot better.
Exactly what experience did Rove have running things before the 2000 Coup D'Etat?

As far as experience goes, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that 8 years in the White House and now 5 years in the Senate plus she's got one great "advisor" in an Ex-President that she's very close to.

It is quite naive to think that the new Clinton Administration would lack "experience." I realize it freaks out Republicans to even consider a Hill & Bill redux, but maybe now you'll know how we feel about the Rove Administration?

Stinger said:
I don't think they are ready to trade if for Hillary BS. She has too much baggage. And remember she promised to serve out her whole term as a NY Senator, was that a lie?
Her 1st term ends in 2006. She has not made a similar pledge for a 2nd term.
jitcrunch.aspx

26 X World Champs said:
Exactly what experience did Rove have running things before the 2000 Coup D'Etat?

As far as experience goes, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that 8 years in the White House and now 5 years in the Senate plus she's got one great "advisor" in an Ex-President that she's very close to.

It is quite naive to think that the new Clinton Administration would lack "experience." I realize it freaks out Republicans to even consider a Hill & Bill redux, but maybe now you'll know how we feel about the Rove Administration?

The biggest problem I see to a Hillary Clinton for Pres in '08 campaign is this.... would she be judged fairly on her experience, or would her husbands presidency be what she's judged on? would Whitewater, which has been investigated... would that be mentioned? how about Bill's adultery and his subsequent "lying to a grand jury"? I don't believe she'd get a fair play from the media, and the Republican party alike... at least the far right, which seems to have a greater grasp on my party then I'd like.

Subsequently, I don't believe a woman president is viable at this particular point in time. I believe the eye of scrutiny will be hard pressed to find any mistake, no matter how small, and make it to the point of detrimental to America. AND.. I believe that would be the case whether it's Hillary Clinton or Condoleza Rice.

I believe Condi would be an EXCELLENT VP candidate, as would Hillary. Why not start there? Gives plenty of experience in an "upper management" post where they're working DAILY with the pres... couldn't hurt, right?

debate_junkie said:
The biggest problem I see to a Hillary Clinton for Pres in '08 campaign is this.... would she be judged fairly on her experience, or would her husbands presidency be what she's judged on? would Whitewater, which has been investigated... would that be mentioned? how about Bill's adultery and his subsequent "lying to a grand jury"?
If all the Republicans and Raputre Rightists (who've hijacked the real Republican Party) can come up with against Hillary are the things you mentioned or similiar "old news" attacks then she is way capable of deflecting the distraction, for that's all it would be. I again repeat my main point, all Hillary has to do is win every state that Kerry won plus either Florida or Ohio and she's elected. That, to me, is not anywhere near impossible, especially if you consider how close both states were in 2004 and how pi$s-poor a candidate Kerry was. Hillary will attract MORE votes than Kerry and she will not have to run against a sitting President.
debate_junkie said:
I don't believe she'd get a fair play from the media, and the Republican party alike... at least the far right, which seems to have a greater grasp on my party then I'd like.
I agree with you on this point. The question for me is how much of an affect will this really have? It seems to me that the Radical Rapture Rightists may have peaked and their influence may start to ebb. If that is the case, even slightly it again bodes very well for Hillary.
debate_junkie said:
Subsequently, I don't believe a woman president is viable at this particular point in time. I believe the eye of scrutiny will be hard pressed to find any mistake, no matter how small, and make it to the point of detrimental to America. AND.. I believe that would be the case whether it's Hillary Clinton or Condoleza Rice.
With all due respect, I have no idea why you believe this? I cannot imagine a movement started against her or any female candidate based on male superiority? To me that would be a PR nightmare. Not to mention that there are many women who are qualified to be President, and that I truly believe we're finally at a point in history where gender will not be the deciding factor in a person's candidacy.
debate_junkie said:
I believe Condi would be an EXCELLENT VP candidate, as would Hillary. Why not start there? Gives plenty of experience in an "upper management" post where they're working DAILY with the pres... couldn't hurt, right?
I sincerely believe that would be a "cop-out." Ultimately I think it goes back to my original point, namely the electoral college numbers. I sincerely welcome the challenge that Republicans would pose against Hillary. Why? She, like her husband possesses an incredibly brilliant mind, she's also extremely articulate, and her "people" have outrageous amounts of experience in running a presidential campaign. Throw in the Clinton's worldwide popularity (Kerry never had this) and the added boost from women voters that she would attract to the polls and to me I see a comfortable margin of victory regardless of her opponent.

Here are several questions for my Republican friends?

Do you think your Rapture Right Republican colleagues would ever allow Rudy G. or Sen. McCain to be the Republican candidate in 2008?

If you believe that Rudy & McCain will not be your candidate, who does that leave? Frist? :rofl Bring him on! Hillary will steamroll him. Anyone else?
233790.430506.jpg

26 X World Champs said:
Exactly what experience did Rove have running things ...........

What does Rove have to do with anything?

What did she ever accomplish in the White House? What has she accomplished in the Senate, her legislative record is basically zilch, she has not shown any leadership qualities. The Dems could do a lot better as far as the qualities for good president.

It is quite naive to think that the new Clinton Administration would lack "experience."

Again give me some examples of HER leadership and HER experience. She was not president.

I realize it freaks out Republicans to even consider a Hill & Bill redux, but maybe now you'll know how we feel about the Rove Administration?

Seems you have trouble addressing the reality of a Bush administration and have to create a silly little strawdog arguement. Definately shows the weakness of your arguement.

debate_junkie said:
The biggest problem I see to a Hillary Clinton for Pres in '08 campaign is this.... would she be judged fairly on her experience, or would her husbands presidency be what she's judged on?

And neither are very exemplary

would Whitewater, which has been investigated... would that be mentioned?

Probably but she would refuse to answer or give her pat answer "well I just don't remember"

how about Bill's adultery and his subsequent "lying to a grand jury"?

Other than she is pretty much prevented from talking about women's rights in the workplace or sexual harassment issues it would probably not be an issue.

I don't believe she'd get a fair play from the media,

She'll be treated like the next coming by the mainstream media, she will not be challenged and everything she says will be taken at face value. The more independent media and the conservative media will quite properly question her experience and he capabilities and yes the baggage she brings into the campaign.

Subsequently, I don't believe a woman president is viable at this particular point in time.

I think you are totally wrong and that's a sexist position.

I believe the eye of scrutiny will be hard pressed to find any mistake, no matter how small, and make it to the point of detrimental to America. AND.. I believe that would be the case whether it's Hillary Clinton or Condoleza Rice.

Or any male candidate also.

I believe Condi would be an EXCELLENT VP candidate, as would Hillary.

:confused: Rice perhaps, Hillary no way in h***. She would never run as VP and no one would ever want her to be thier VP candidate. With Hillary it's all ME, she could never subordiate herself.

Why not start there? Gives plenty of experience in an "upper management" post where they're working DAILY with the pres... couldn't hurt, right?

Condi has that now, much more so than Hillary.

ShamMol said:
I suggest you read his speech on the ten point plan, but I just picked out specifics from it.

What you quoted was enough to convince me that he would be way to liberal.

I will always say that human beings deserve to be treated as human beings, without abuse, without torture. In his plan, he feels that we should specifically abide by those rules in regards to terrorists.

What rules? They are being treated with the respect they deserve and they are not being tortured. But they are not soldiers, they do not come under Geneva Conventions and we must be able to question them and get intelligence from them while at the same time preventing them from continuing their terrorism.

The Supreme Court ruled last year that detainees at the U.S. naval base in Guantanamo Bay have a right to challenge their imprisonment but left it to lower courts to handle individual appeals.

And the courts just ruled that we are acting perfectly under the law in what we are doing.

That didn't say that they were not governed by the Geneva convention. That is the contention of the Bush Administration.

They don't have to it's a given fact.

The administration had claimed that the executive branch has the unilateral, unreviewable constitutional authority to deem any person (even a U.S. citizen here in the U.S) an "enemy combatant" -- and, on that basis, to detain that person indefinitely without access to lawyers or courts.

No in fact they can do this are are doing this and using military tribuinals to process them and the courts have said OK.

Ah, the Republican response. I guess I am more socialist in the sense that I LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE LIVE!!.

And you are free to do so, but when your doing so means using the power of government to force others to do it instead that's where socialism rears it's ugly little head.

But anyway, his main focus is on the children of those who cannot provide for them medical care, surely you aren't against helping children?

Why are they having children if they cannot provide for them? Why does someone think they have a right to have children and force others to work on thier behalf in order to support them? Surely you are not for forcing one person to work on the behalf of another in order to supply them with something they should be providing for themselves?

The nation as a people, the government as the organization that can provide it.

And where do they, the government, get it from?

It is our responsibility as human beings,

And you are free to do so as much as you desire to do so. No one is stopping you.

but in your capitalist mindset, it is a dog eat dog world and we are just living in it tryin to make our way.

Not at all, it is a world of opportunity for everyone where as your world is one of utter dependence of a parental government.

Tough *****? Honestly, you should diversify. It is fair for everyone because all drugs will be lower in price and thus the elderly won't have to make the decision...should I eat or get my meds?

They don't have to do that now.

I like big government, while you don't. So you are obviously pre-disposed to hating the guy, which is just fine by me.

ROFL why do you feel the need to paint it as a hate when I have given you absolutely no reason to? Obviously because you can't rebut my statements and therefore have to try and use such invectives.

I have seen a lot there as well in my three trips.

ROFL three trips and you profess to be an expert. Well try living here over 40 years. The South is no more racist than anywhere else in the country.

considering that Clinton was a great president even though he liked the ladies. We must remember that the clinton administration created more jobs, and created more economic growth than the administrations right after WW2.
After farout right, gained control of the house, they knew that if growth and prosperity continued that the Republicans would not stand a chance against Gore. What they did was attach a series of trailers and changes in laws to Laws that were important and the result was that The Far Right caused the end of the prosperity in the last two years of Clinton. The Right wing House Leaders and Right wing member of the Senate and others purposely worked against the prosperity of America to defeat Gore in 2004

I would vote for Bill or Hilary over any the antiamerican Right wings nuts.:smile: :mrgreen:

It's not like you couldn't have predicted it or anything! But if you want to run for President, "Godspeed to ya!"

dragonslayer said:
considering that Clinton was a great president

Actually he was a very mediocre president, his list of accomplishments is bascially zilch. And please don't give me that old "he presided over a great economy". He came in on a growing economy and he did nothing of subtances to effect it either up or down. He failed miserable in the war on terror, wel-fare was passed against his strident objections and pledge to repeal, he was dragged kicking and screaming to lower spending. What is it that you claim made him a "great" president?

even though he liked the ladies.

You left out the abuse and groping of subordinate employees and this his perjury and obstruction of justice to cover it up.

We must remember that the clinton administration created more jobs,

The Clinton administratin did not create one job, or economy which was already growing when he came into office created those jobs and he did nothing except pass a massive tax increase which actually slowed growth and recovery.

and created more economic growth than the administrations right after WW2.

Which he inherited and did nothing but pass higher taxes, try to pass even higher taxes and spend more than congress let him.

After farout right, gained control of the house, they knew that if growth and prosperity continued that the Republicans would not stand a chance against Gore.

After the Republicans gained control of both houses they passed tax cuts which then kicked in the growth and revenues you seem to give Clinton credit for. He opposed them.

What they did was attach a series of trailers and changes in laws to Laws that were important and the result was that The Far Right caused the end of the prosperity in the last two years of Clinton.

Actually no, it was the bursting stock market bubble and the Corporate accounting scandals which had festered under Clintons SEC and then a terrorist attack on our economic center which caused the mild turn down. But please state specifically which laws passed by the Republicans, which had to be signed by Clinton, causes the economic turn down in your opinion.

The Right wing House Leaders and Right wing member of the Senate and others purposely worked against the prosperity of America to defeat Gore in 2004

ROFL and where do you get this stuff? I guess it didn't occour to you that a turndown in the economy would hurt them in the congressional races as well. Your assertion is absurd.

I would vote for Bill or Hilary over any the antiamerican Right wings nuts.

I would to it any "antiamerican Right wings nuts" were running or had ran. But since I don't know of any they still don't have my vote.

26 X World Champs said:
Her 1st term ends in 2006. She has not made a similar pledge for a 2nd term.

You are correct she has not said either way as far as when she runs for re-election, which she will, will she pledge not to run for President, which she has not said.

Can she win back her seat if she won't issue such a pledge and if she does will she honor it?

Stinger said:
You are correct she has not said either way as far as when she runs for re-election, which she will, will she pledge not to run for President, which she has not said.

Can she win back her seat if she won't issue such a pledge and if she does will she honor it?
Hillary's approval rating in NY State is over 65%....she's a lock in 2006 and the front runner in 2008 for the whole shabang.

The combined experience of the Clintons and their staff is impressive. There are a whole lot of White House savvy staff members from Clinton I that would also be in place for Clinton II.

America loved Bill Clinton. His popularity to this day squashes Rove's. The minority of Americans who hate Bill do so with a passion, and I believe they simply cannot accept or fathom more Clinton in the White House.

26 X World Champs said:
Hillary's approval rating in NY State is over 65%....she's a lock in 2006 and the front runner in 2008 for the whole shabang.

The combined experience of the Clintons and their staff is impressive. There are a whole lot of White House savvy staff members from Clinton I that would also be in place for Clinton II.

America loved Bill Clinton. His popularity to this day squashes Rove's. The minority of Americans who hate Bill do so with a passion, and I believe they simply cannot accept or fathom more Clinton in the White House.

I have no doubt she's got a lock on the NY vote. But do you seriously think she's got a chance to win even one red state?

Back
Top Bottom