• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan Go Home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pax

New member
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
AlbqOwl said:
IMO, all or at least a lot of the following is probably or mostly true:

The Far Left is pretty much pro abortion and condemns anybody who is not; pro-gay-marriage and condemns any who are not, pro-big government and condemns anybody who is not; pro-activist courts and condemns anybody who is not; pro-environmentalist and this is to the absolute extreme with condemnation for anybody who advocates common sense, pro multi-culturalism and condemns anybody who is not, anti-anything-military unless a Democrat is president, mostl anti-religious and condemns anybody who is, pro higher taxes and condemns anybody who is not, pro federal government mandates unless it is an issue conservatives are for, moderately anti-capitalism and moderately strong socialistic, pro political correctness and condemns anybody who is not, mostly critical of uniquely American values and pro-European values, mostly anti-gun, anti-military, pro-criminal rights, and above all hates George W. Bush with a hatred that defies rational explanation.
Someone with this idea of total mind set by the opposition, is one who had become frustrated by discussion. There is not this kind of single mind in any group of people. even as few as a dozen will have different intentions. I call this above, smoke and mirrors. By those who cannot argue their own sides eloquently. Pax.
 

AlbqOwl

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
23,578
Reaction score
12,384
Location
New Mexico
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
pax said:
Someone with this idea of total mind set by the opposition, is one who had become frustrated by discussion. There is not this kind of single mind in any group of people. even as few as a dozen will have different intentions. I call this above, smoke and mirrors. By those who cannot argue their own sides eloquently. Pax.

I was just answering AliG's question, 'what is this Far Left'. If you don't like my answer, how about offering your own answer instead of criticizing mine? Or can you not argue your own side eloquently?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
AliG said:
Navy Pride what is this FAR LEFT?

I mean the Democrats are 'centre right' in politics, so who is really on the FAR LEFT?

The people that run your party moveon.org, Michael Moore, Howard Dean, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry.........They are the leaders of the democratic party and are far left liberals.......

Hillary is trying to pretend she is a moderate but she is not fooling anyone......
 

AliG

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
The people that run your party moveon.org, Michael Moore, Howard Dean, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry.........They are the leaders of the democratic party and are far left liberals.......

Hillary is trying to pretend she is a moderate but she is not fooling anyone......

Thats fair enough i guess thats fine if you stick to the same definitions, but Kerry supports big business, privatisation, going to War (he was involved in one), being part of the democrats.

I mean, i would say, the far Left is like hardcore Communist and Anarchy...not John Kerry who has a worldly outlook and is middle-class european background more statesmen like.

I feel you use that expression to make him sound Radical... and dangerous
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
AliG said:
Thats fair enough i guess thats fine if you stick to the same definitions, but Kerry supports big business, privatisation, going to War (he was involved in one), being part of the democrats.

I mean, i would say, the far Left is like hardcore Communist and Anarchy...not John Kerry who has a worldly outlook and is middle-class european background more statesmen like.

I feel you use that expression to make him sound Radical... and dangerous

Well since we are singleing out Kerry he was judged by a non partisan fact finding organization prior to the 2004 elections to have the most liberal voting record in the Senate at 96.5% even to the left of Kennedy...........

I never said anything about Communism..........

Oh and Kerry did not vote for the 87 billion dollars to support the wat in Iraq........I would say that is a funny way to show his support........
 

SKILMATIC

Banned
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
3,407
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Oh and Kerry did not vote for the 87 billion dollars to support the wat in Iraq........I would say that is a funny way to show his support........

Kerry is just a funny guy what can I say?
 

GunsGodGlory

New member
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Coulter on Sheehan

I think Ann Coulter had a great article this week, it was about Cindy Sheehan and her opinions.

CINDY SHEEHAN: COMMANDER IN GRIEF
August 17, 2005
To expiate the pain of losing her firstborn son in the Iraq war, Cindy Sheehan decided to cheer herself up by engaging in Stalinist agitprop outside President Bush's Crawford ranch. It's the strangest method of grieving I've seen since Paul Wellstone's funeral. Someone needs to teach these liberals how to mourn.

Call me old-fashioned, but a grief-stricken war mother shouldn't have her own full-time PR flack. After your third profile on "Entertainment Tonight," you're no longer a grieving mom; you're a C-list celebrity trolling for a book deal or a reality show.

Fortunately, the Constitution vests authority to make foreign policy with the president of the United States, not with this week's sad story. But liberals think that since they have been able to produce a grieving mother, the commander in chief should step aside and let Cindy Sheehan make foreign policy for the nation. As Maureen Dowd said, it's "inhumane" for Bush not "to understand that the moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute."

Liberals demand that we listen with rapt attention to Sheehan, but she has nothing new to say about the war. At least nothing we haven't heard from Michael Moore since approximately 11 a.m., Sept. 11, 2001. It's a neocon war; we're fighting for Israel; it's a war for oil; Bush lied, kids died; there is no connection between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida. Turn on MSNBC's "Hardball" and you can hear it right now. At this point, Cindy Sheehan is like a touring company of Air America radio: Same old script and it's not even the original cast.

But now liberals demand that we listen to the same old arguments all over again, not because Sheehan has any new insights, but because she has the ability to repel dissent by citing her grief.

COPYRIGHT 2005 ANN COULTER

This is also quite interesing: http://www.sweetness-light.com/?p=36

Just thought I'd share that. Also, does this site still have a section for "Books that warrant a good read"? I think it used to.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Simon W. Moon

DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
27,130
Reaction score
11,165
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Re: Coulter on Sheehan

GunsGodGlory said:
I think Ann Coulter had a great article this week, it was about Cindy Sheehan and her opinions.

[mod mode]

Per Debate Politics forum rules
8. Copyrighted Material -All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work. Proper format is to post the relevant quote and then link to the article for the rest. Please do not post entire articles.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
Debate Politics specifically asks that you do not post entire articles of coyrighted material. However, please feel free to paraphrase the contents of an article. We know that sometimes a piece will be so very well written that it seems impossible to do the piece justice by merely quoting snippets and/or paraphrasing it. However, the potential downside of copyright violation outweighs the benefits of gained from saving forum readers the hassle of clicking a link to see the original source.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM (private message) me or any of the other moderators.

Again, thank you very much for coming to Debate Politics and deciding to participate.

Sincerely,

Simon W. Moon
[/mod mode]
 

Hoot

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
18
Location
State of Confusion
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Thanks, Simon....I particularly ask that no one posts anything from Ann Coulter. If any of you had seen her in that debate against Peter Beinhart (Editor of "The New Republic") at Amherst college, you would know where all the dumb blonde jokes originated. LOL
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Hoot said:
Thanks, Simon....I particularly ask that no one posts anything from Ann Coulter. If any of you had seen her in that debate against Peter Beinhart (Editor of "The New Republic") at Amherst college, you would know where all the dumb blonde jokes originated. LOL

I am no big Coulter fan but she is dumb like a fox.........She is laughing all the way to the bank with 3 best sellers.........
 

BWG

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
4,373
Reaction score
1,602
Location
South Coast
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
I am no big Coulter fan but she is dumb like a fox.........She is laughing all the way to the bank with 3 best sellers.........


Sorta like Michael Moore?.....ROTFLMAO :lol:
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
BWG said:
Sorta like Michael Moore?.....ROTFLMAO :lol:

Very true but I can tell you "Fats" Moore has never got any of my money...
 

AlbqOwl

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
23,578
Reaction score
12,384
Location
New Mexico
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
Do you really think Michael Moore sells more stuff to the public than Ann Coulter does? If you do think that, I would be interested in something of a wager here.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
AlbqOwl said:
Do you really think Michael Moore sells more stuff to the public than Ann Coulter does? If you do think that, I would be interested in something of a wager here.

I don't know who your talking to but if that was for me I have no clue who sells the most........Why don't you enlighten us.......Thanks.......
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
AlbqOwl said:
Do you really think Michael Moore sells more stuff to the public than Ann Coulter does? If you do think that, I would be interested in something of a wager here.

oooohh...never thought of that....

Keep in mind they both make beaucoup cash on the college circuit, too.

Don't know how much each charges...and what, if any, expenses are paid for.
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
AlbqOwl said:
Do you really think Michael Moore sells more stuff to the public than Ann Coulter does? If you do think that, I would be interested in something of a wager here.
Who? F9/11 has made quite a bit of money. It was really stupid of Eisner and Disney to refuse to release F 9/11. It cost $10 million to make and had produced many times that in profit.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
scottyz said:
Who? F9/11 has made quite a bit of money. It was really stupid of Eisner and Disney to refuse to release F 9/11. It cost $10 million to make and had produced many times that in profit.

What something makes and what you get for it are two very different things...

Remember ther group TLC? When they were at the top of their game, they were making less than $50,000 a year each...
 

AlbqOwl

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
23,578
Reaction score
12,384
Location
New Mexico
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
Navy Pride said:
I don't know who your talking to but if that was for me I have no clue who sells the most........Why don't you enlighten us.......Thanks.......

Naw, it wasn't really aimed at anybody in particular but was in response to those who thought Michael Moore was superior to Ann Coulter. 911 Farenheit was popular as a flash-in-the-pan event largely financed by anti-Bush groups, but I would guess the rank and file citizens who actually lay out hard earned cash to buy a Michael Moore product are far fewer than those who lay out hard earned cash to buy an Ann Coulter product. That's just a gut feeling though and based on limited empirical evidence only. For all I know Michael Moore is worth gazillions. But I was open to a wager that if we compared the success of the two, Ann Coulter would win out. :smile:
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
AlbqOwl said:
911 Farenheit was popular as a flash-in-the-pan event largely financed by anti-Bush groups,
Disney paid for the making F9/11 upfront, but Eisner refused to release it. The Weinstein brothers bought it from Disney and released it. OT: Eisner also turned down Peter Jackson's LOTR. :rofl
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
scottyz said:
Disney paid for the making F9/11 upfront, but Eisner refused to release it. The Weinstein brothers bought it from Disney and released it. OT: Eisner also turned down Peter Jackson's LOTR. :rofl

Quote of all time.....By John Lennon's Aunt Mimi...(paraphrasing)

"Playing guitar is nice, John...but you can't make a living out of it"
 

AlbqOwl

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
23,578
Reaction score
12,384
Location
New Mexico
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
It was my understanding that Disney's Miramax provided only a few million in bridge funding for Fahrenheit911 and did not take on the risk of guaranteeing long term funding. This was after Mel Gibson's Icon Productions pullled out of the project. Even a giant like Disney can afford so much negative controversy, however, and there weren't too many projects that generated as much of it as Fahrenheit911 did.

I know locally, left wing groups were buying and handing out tickets for people to see the film here. There have been similar movements for other productions, religious, conservative, or whatever, though, so I don't mean to suggest there is anything wrong with that.

The only reason I brought it up is in interest of whether more people voluntarily bought a ticket to see Fahrenheit911 than voluntarily buy Ann Coulter books.

(I would be the first to suggest that neither world peace nor the future of this country hinges on the answer to that question. :smile: )
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
AlbqOwl said:
It was my understanding that Disney's Miramax provided only a few million in bridge funding for Fahrenheit911 and did not take on the risk of guaranteeing long term funding. This was after Mel Gibson's Icon Productions pullled out of the project. Even a giant like Disney can afford so much negative controversy, however, and there weren't too many projects that generated as much of it as Fahrenheit911 did.

Gibsons Icon dropped it and Miramax's Disney then picked it up. Disney funded it till the end of production which equated to $6 million. Disney did this even though they told MM they didn't want the film.

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity. Controversy creates buzz and people flocked to the theaters to see what the deal is. Releasing F9/11 didn't bring the weinstein brothers or MM down and it made tons of money for not much investment. However not releasing it did help bring Eisner down.
 

AlbqOwl

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
23,578
Reaction score
12,384
Location
New Mexico
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
scottyz said:
Gibsons Icon dropped it and Miramax's Disney then picked it up. Disney funded it till the end of production which equated to $6 million. Disney did this even though they told MM they didn't want the film.

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity. Controversy creates buzz and people flocked to the theaters to see what the deal is. Releasing F9/11 didn't bring the weinstein brothers or MM down and it made tons of money for not much investment. However not releasing it did help bring Eisner down.

Disney has staked its place in the world on being family-friendly and family-oriented. Maybe there is no such thing as bad publicity, but the publicity you receive frames who you are in the public mind. I don't think for a minute F9/11 had anything to do with Eisner's demise, but deviation from their original purpose did.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom