• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan Go Home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did that propagandous site have to do with desertions?

I noticed how it noted that the majority of civilian (women and children) deaths were contrinuted to their own Muslim brethren and their punishment to them for being less than faithful to "Allah."....oh wait....no it didn't. It conveniently left that out. Your links serve one purpose and one purpose only.....America the guilty. Oh how you must wish for the days of old when fathers would deliver their preteen daughters to the Bathists Party for her monthly raping. You continue to sink into your pitiful little hole. I'm embarrassed for you.

What frustrates me most about you (personally) is how you seem to not be able to be pleased.

1 - You condemn the war and the civilians that have been accidentally killed or purposefully murdered by their own...but you also do not approve of how Saddam treated his people.

2 - I would think that you agree that fundamentalism of the Islamic faith in the Middle East is deadly to their own people and to American civilians (as seen over the last thirty years of history)...but you disagree with fighting it.

3 - Diplomacy has kept us out of wars throughout history. There is absolutely no way to tell how many wars we have escaped through grey politics. You, as do I and everyone else, do not sit easy with our foreign policies at times...but you also disagree when diplomacy breaks down and we go to war.

You are neither part of the problem nor part of the solution (however distorted you may think that solution is). I see Iraq as being one part of a big problem. Sadly, with exception of bombing Iran's nuclear facilities, we will probably do no more and this "War on Terror" will go away with the next Presidency. The upside to catering to America's lack of resolve is that America will enjoy a sense of false peace and the troops will no longer deploy to war. The downside to giving the people what they want, is that Islamic fundamentalism will continue to grow and reorganize and we will face them again in the future. Only this time it will be mine and your children and grandchildren facing a bigger problem. They have been growing for decades and there is no reason to think that they will stop. Hopefully, though, they will face a well organized militant Islam so that they will have a concrete enemy to kill, but I doubt it.

While you can bring up different ways to do things, so could I, but it does not define our reality.

Last edited:
From the 'about us' section of the website from which Billo linked the article he posted:

The articles not otherwise credited are usually written by myself although I do not take credit for them. The articles speak for themselves and I do not believe in beating my own drum as so many other journalists seem to enjoy doing. The message is always important; not so the messenger.

I try to answer reasonable mail and encourage the reading public to submit articles of interest. I am known to publish pieces that I do not personally agree with but which I feel are well-written and worth reading.

Contrary to the hysterical views of rabid trailer park Bush supporters, I was not suckled by a werewolf and I am not a member of the far left. In point of fact, I am a very disillusioned moderate Republican whose family were bankers, brokers and CEOs of various nice companies.

There does not seem to be much moderation left after the Bush people finished polarizing the electorate

I think those who don't follow the strict party line can safely consider the objectivity of the site suspect.

This thread has outlived it's usefulness.

I'm shooting Ol' Yeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom