• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan Go Home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to actually go to war for oil.

Me too:cheers:

I wish we couldve gone for oil. That way we could bolster the economy a little as well. So that way thats one less thing for you liberals to lie about.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Thirty years later and you right wingers are still trying to re-fight the Vietnam war. Look, even if we would have won that war in the military sense, we still would have been stuck occupying it, and occupying that nation would make post war Iraq look like crossing guard duty.
We have always occupied countries after a war for stability reasons and in fact hold bases in ALL countries that were battlefronts to this day, except Vietnam because we lost under political pressure from the left, even though we didn't occupy, Iraq is still a cakewalk compared to other wars we've fought, use some critical thinking and compare historical fact before you spout off this type of rhetoric otherwise you look like an idealogue.
Unfortunately due to the obvious total lack of empathy on the far right, I don’t guess any of y’all will ever get that though. We lost some 50,000 Americans fighting in Vietnam for nothing. Even if we won that war, what would have gotten out of it? Absolutely nothing.
This is funny, the left always claims empathy, sympathy and the other "thys" in an attempt to prove moral superiority, fact, a Democrat started the Vietnam war to stop the spread of communism and the black eye went to the Republican who ended it so where's the empathy in that situation. And, if you notice that other examples of liberal mistakes in my example list came AFTER the Vietnam war.
The same goes for the war in Iraq, as a nation, what are we gaining from this? Absolutely nothing.
Nothing except a free, democratic republic as an ally that can put pressure on other nations to end terrorist harboring and activities, thus making our job in securing the American security easier, but I guess you're right. that's not worth it to a patriotic American is it? :roll:
This isn’t World War II, we are not at war with nations who attacked us.
You're right, sort of, we are at war with the terrorists who were harbored in those nations who did in fact attack us and their sympathisers.
Iraq was not a threat, did not have any of those “WMDs”, and was way down on the Middle East list of supporters of terrorism.
As far as the WMD argument goes, not found does not equate to didn't have, Saddam gassed the Kurds, can't do that if the weapons don't exist, next logical step then would be for you to claim that he got rid of them, but then logically, why would he supress weapons inspectors by threat of force? And documentation plus personal accounts are telling us slowly that Saddam did harbor terrorist groups and appeased them through some pretty nice dealing, he also paid suicide bombers families and tortured his own people, which were reasons we went to war, I guess all you libs have are the WMD argument though, so naturally, I don't blame you for hanging on to it and selectively remembering it in an attempt to win the argument.
It is an elective war fought for ideological reasons. And you guys on the right now wonder why more than half of Americans now think that it was a mistake.
What's the source on this number, cause last I checked independent polls are pretty much against your argument.
People aren’t stupid, if they don’t have their head two feet up Limbaugh’s colon, then they have a concept of reality and see this war for what it is.
Some people are very stupid, and they vote for what they can get out of a candidate, this also leads them to blindly follow party lines and suspend logic so as not to feel guilty about following said stupid rhetoric.

Furthermore, like a lot of other hard working taxpaying Americans, I don’t want my billions of my tax dollars pissed away lining pockets of big GOP contributing defense contractors on projects that have never worked and show little chance of ever working.
Never worked!? I beg to differ, we have the most sophisticated weapons and defense systems on the planet, if a dog farts in NYC we can track it if desired and you call that a failure. Use some logic man!
The far right is not for defense or the military, but rather the far right is for defense contractors and those who get rich off of war. Your idea of supporting the troops is lining the pockets of the war profiteers, and that my friend is as ethically treasonous and as anti-American as it gets.
First of all, that's a baseless and needless attack on someone you disagree with, you cannot prove that someone who is conservative wants to make money off of war and that's a dirty trick, I guess it sounds good to those who agree with you though, and yes, Republicans do care about our men and women serving, in fact, many conservative families have multiple members out there right now and are steeped in service tradition towards our country.
Anyone who knows anything about the founding of our great nation knows that one of founding principles is that this nation would avoid war at all costs, stay out of foreign entanglements, and that anyone who increases his wealth during a time of war is an enemy to his nation.
Really? Then why is it that the internationalism/non-interventionist argument has been waging since the founding of this country, there has always been debate about our countries role in the international community and always an opposition of some kind to all wars, so why do you think this case is special.

Moreover, it is not only the right of every American to question his government’s actions, it is also our responsibility as Americans to question our governments actions and motives.
It is your right to question the government's actions, I won't argue that and I do support that right, however, the responsibility in your remark lies within the arena of keeping said questioning honest, fair, and intelligent and I haven't seen much of the first two come from the left in Nam or this conflict, as well, what Mrs. Sheehan is doing equates to harassment if she would camp out in front of a private citizen's house like that and berate them hour upon hour she would be arrested and tried as a criminal.
This is not the Soviet Union. This is not a totalitarian state.
true, but the left seems to like their concept of attacking property rights and taxation based upon success, I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but neither does the Soviet Union or totalitarian states.
We don’t serve the government and the military industrial complex in this nation, but rather the government works for us. I love my country. I work hard. I pay my taxes.
You assume that I am attacking you here, maybe you do love your country, I don't know, but I do as well and I love it as the constitution states it should act and of what you are attacking is constitutionally sound.
If I and others like me want to question my government’s motives and question our involvement in this elective war fought purely for ideological reasons, then by God it’s my right and responsibility to do so. If you and those like you don’t like that, then you obviously hate this nation and everything it stands for.
Read my above response again for my very fair take on that.

Missouri Mule said:
This is one of the great lies of the left. We won the war decisively. The Viet Cong were utterly destroyed. What happened was that the Democratic/Liberal/leftist cabal in Washington decided to cut the legs out from under the fledgling South Vietnam government. Thanks to Uncle Walt (Walter Cronkite) we "cut and run" and the result was that the North Vietnamese overran the south. This was entirely due to the lilly livered and gutless Democratic congress.

There's an egregious fallacy in this argument: on the one hand, you claim we won the war. If so, it was the "Democratic/Liberal/leftist cabal" who won it, right? Since they're the ones who waged the war. Then you claim it's this same cartoonish "cabal" that sabotaged the fledgling government.

Huh?

Get this very point through your head, argexpat. Politicians no matter what side they are on dont win wars. Soldiers do.

Do you agree with that?

SKILMATIC said:
I never beleived it but you southerners really are away from it all arent you?
HEY NOW! I'm a Louisianian, it doesn't get too much more south than that.:mrgreen:

HEY NOW! I'm a Louisianian, it doesn't get too much more south than that.

O now c'mon you know that comment doesnt apply to you and you know it, :lol:

SKILMATIC said:
O now c'mon you know that comment doesnt apply to you and you know it, :lol:
I know, just wanted to have a little fun witcha.:rofl

I know, just wanted to have a little fun witcha.

:lol: Its cool good to have ya on board though. So what part of lousiana? New orleans, lafayette, Baton rouge?

argexpat said:
There's an egregious fallacy in this argument: on the one hand, you claim we won the war. If so, it was the "Democratic/Liberal/leftist cabal" who won it, right? Since they're the ones who waged the war. Then you claim it's this same cartoonish "cabal" that sabotaged the fledgling government.

Huh?

It helps to understand the history of the war. Johnson began the war after promising the American people that he wouldn't "send American boys to fight Asian boy's wars" or something to that effect. He concocted the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. (Another good reason always to get a Declaration of War Resolution from Congress.) But then he wouldn't let the military fight the war. He was picking out targets from the WH basement. Had he allowed our military to fight the war without both hands held behind their backs we would have won that war quickly and decisively. We had several different ways to accomplish that task. We could have bombed their reservoirs. We could have carpet bombed the border to open it up to our snipers to cut off any further encraochment from the North Vietnamese. Did you know that toward the end of the war the North Vietnamese actually chained the driver's hands to the steering wheels to keep them from deserting the convoys going south?

The left who had more in common with the Communists than our own troops sabotaged the war effort and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Now you tell me what you know. I won't hold my breath.

SKILMATIC said:
:lol: Its cool good to have ya on board though. So what part of lousiana? New orleans, lafayette, Baton rouge?
Lafayette actually. Good call. Cool thing about this place is that I can go to New Orleans anytime cause of closeness and avoid it like the plague anytime because it's far enough to be comfy.

Wow i called that. Well its actually cause for some reason most of the people I meet that are from louisiana are from lafayette. Its kinda wierd. But yeah I hear ya on that. I was in new orleans about a year ago. Great cajun food.

SKILMATIC said:
Wow i called that. Well its actually cause for some reason most of the people I meet that are from louisiana are from lafayette. Its kinda wierd. But yeah I hear ya on that. I was in new orleans about a year ago. Great cajun food.
New Orleans leans more toward the Creole end of cooking with some cajun as well, the styles are pretty similar and they get confused with each other alot, but are both great. Thing about New Orleans is the beauty and laid back atmosphere throw alot of people off guard, it is a great place but is still a big city and many people don't take the necessary precautions to protect themselves from urban problems.:(

Thing about New Orleans is the beauty and laid back atmosphere throw alot of people off guard, it is a great place but is still a big city and many people don't take the necessary precautions to protect themselves from urban problems.

I hear that. Hey you gotta read this thread in the constitution of the US portion of this forum. Its The End of Democracy thread. You will be appauled.

SKILMATIC said:
I hear that. Hey you gotta read this thread in the constitution of the US portion of this forum. Its The End of Democracy thread. You will be appauled.
Thanks for the heads up, but the first two aren't even worth debating and the second one is too young to know what (s)he's talking about, so it would be like fishing with an M-180.

Originally posted by gordontravels:
Believeing in something when you are actually the one's in the midst of it can be very different from those who view it from thousands of miles away. I note that this morning on Imus, Charles began the news with, "Well I-man, more bad news out of Iraq this morning." He then went on to tell of 4 Marines killed in a bombing. I have never heard Charles say a word about the good things our troops are doing in Iraq so what would you expect the people here to think of our efforts there. You would expect them to base what they think on what our media tells them. This is the media that tells you what they want, not what is going on; only the part they want.
This is also a media that barely gives any mention of the recent "World Tribunal on Iraq". Which shows just how much outrage the world has towards US aggression in that country. A media that doesn't comment on how little Congress has reacted to Abu Grhaib atrocities. Or the impact and significance of DSM.

I do agree they tell you what they want. But what they "want", is neo based.

Thanks for the heads up, but the first two aren't even worth debating and the second one is too young to know what (s)he's talking about, so it would be like fishing with an M-180.

No problem, yeah it is pointless but I am still going to try, :lol:

But funny analyzation. And it is funny that thers like a 13yr old brat that think she knows anything about how the world works. Its merely a night on SNL. :lol:

argexpat said:
Who are these "liberals" you speak of? Are they like "the jews" and "the negros"?
No, because unlike other minorities, Liberal numbers are shrinking while the overall U.S. population of minority groups are steadily growing.:doh Oh, Wait! Now I get it, you were trying to make an innuendo that Gunny is a bigot because he doesn't identify with the liberal point of view, now I get it, well done.:roll:

SKILMATIC said:
No problem, yeah it is pointless but I am still going to try, :lol:

But funny analyzation. And it is funny that thers like a 13yr old brat that think she knows anything about how the world works. Its merely a night on SNL. :lol:
It's gonna be a riot I'm sure.;)

No, because unlike other minorities, Liberal numbers are shrinking while the overall U.S. population of minority groups are steadily growing. Oh, Wait! Now I get it, you were trying to make an innuendo that Gunny is a bigot because he doesn't identify with the liberal point of view, now I get it, well done.

O boy talk about riot, :lol:

I can just hear his rebuttle now. :doh

SKILMATIC said:
Get this very point through your head, argexpat. Politicians no matter what side they are on dont win wars. Soldiers do.

Do you agree with that?

Absolutely, that's why, if you're going to wage war, it's probably a good idea to ask them for advise, and when they give it to you, you listen, and make sure you plan accordingly, and that they have all the equipment and support they need, and that their mission is clear...all things your ignorant chickenhawk-in-chief failed to do...because he's not a soldier, he's a politician, and to him, war is just a good photo op.

Last edited:
SKILMATIC said:
O boy talk about riot, :lol:
Just remember my analogy for the really good burns and when you really get someone yell out FOOOOMP BANG!, it'll drive em nuts just trying to figure out why you're doing it, then you can irk 'em more when you explain it.

SKILMATIC said:
I can just hear his rebuttle now. :doh
Me thinks he doth protest too much. Seriously, why would he even make a statement like that without holding those beliefs, that's kind of an assumptive stretch to make an assertion like that from two words, "the liberals".

Oh Yeah! Almost forgot, FOOOMP, Bang!:rofl

Navy Pride said:
Some things in this world are worth fighting for............

And this isn't.

Seriously mate, give your period key a well-earned rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom