• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan arrested........

debate_junkie said:
Again, I'm female. I understand you're partisan seething is getting in the way, but please try to remember. Thanks.

And? is that the best you've got... it's Cindy Sheehan? Frankly, it sounds to me like this is nothing more than a Democratic hate fest... but it's the liberal's that are partisan. Nice!

I don't think this is about a hate fest. Even though Sheehan is discracing her dead son by parading his memory around the country for dishonest political smear campaigns, she is so fanatical and absurd that I think the comment was just eluding to the fact that no one really thinks she matters enough to warrant all the outrage.

debate_junkie said:
Again, I'm female. I understand you're partisan seething is getting in the way, but please try to remember. Thanks.

And? is that the best you've got... it's Cindy Sheehan? Frankly, it sounds to me like this is nothing more than a Democratic hate fest... but it's the liberal's that are partisan. Nice!

Dude first of I don't care and secondly:

I think the problem is that you have absolutely no idea who Sheehan is do you? Yes that's the best I got, the Democratic Senator from California gave Cindy Sheehan an invitation to the State of the Union Address, there's really not much more that needs to be said, but since you obviously don't know who Sheehan is I'll offer an analogy it would be like giving Jane Fonda on crack an invitation to the State of the Union Address . . . sh!t I just realized that if you don't know who Sheehan is then that Fonda reference will be totally lost on you... oh well.

Stinger said:
Spare me.

This wasn't one of them. If Sheehan wasn't so lacking in intelligence she might have pulled it off, and that would reprehensible. She is a known quantitie and should never have been given that pass into the Capital, and extreme lack of judgement.

And Rep. Woolsey is responsible for what she does and in this case it was irresponsible at best, and outrageous plane to disrupt the State of the Union address.

And that alone deserves censure. She should know to take due diligence as to whom she invites to such an occasion. What was she even thinking in inviting this woman after the things she said about our country on foriegn soil in the arms of a dictator and a man pledged to anti-American policies? What was the purpose of her being there?

She is responsible for the behavior of her quest. If I take a quest to someone else house, yes I bear a responsbility since I invited them.

But here's the thing... I have asked repeatedly to be shown that the Congresswoman KNEW Cindy would pull such a stunt. It has yet to be shown. I am agreeing with you the congresswoman showed extreme lack of judgement. However, I'm not sure you can directly say the Congresswoman is 100% responsible, and Cindy bears NO responsiblity, as some in this thread have asserted.

What was the purpose for her being there? Good question, and one even I am interested in hearing the answer too.

This is the crux of my argument... how is Cindy NOT responsible, and how is the Congresswoman 100% responsible? Perhaps I'm not seeing that one. Can you explain, Stinger?

And I will give you, if this congresswoman, who I've just found out, is a vocal proponent of immediate withdrawl, orchestrated this... she deserves everything she gets. But I don't see how a lack of judgement on her part makes her guilty of anything Cindy has done. Perhaps she's inhaled too much smog?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Dude first of I don't care and secondly:

I think the problem is that you have absolutely no idea who Sheehan is do you? Yes that's the best I got, the Democratic Senator from California gave Cindy Sheehan an invitation to the State of the Union Address, there's really not much more that needs to be said, but since you obviously don't know who Sheehan is I'll offer an analogy it would be like giving Jane Fonda on crack an invitation to the State of the Union Address . . . sh!t I just realized that if you don't know who Sheehan is then that Fonda reference will be totally lost on you... oh well.

Not that I need to explain... Hmm where to start.. Sheehan lost a son in Iraq.. met with George Bush, accepted his condolences in her loss, and also accepted his thanks for her son fighting to bring freedom to Iraq. Fast forward a year, and suddenly, Sheehan wants another meeting with the President, and proceeds to camp outside the Crawford ranch, thinking she was going to get somewhere with it. Her mother gets ill, her husband divorced her, her inlaw's went on a campaign to get the rest of the United States to believe Cindy is on her on this one, as they support the President.

Cindy meets with Hugo Chavez, calls Bush a terrorist... blah blah blah.

Now, given you CANNOT answer the simple question I've asked, but resort to attacking my intelligence, all I can say Trajan is this... You've just deflated any amount of argument you've had. But then again, know that I have thick skin enough not to be bothered by the likes of someone who cannot give straight answers, instead resorts to personal attacks.

Meh She got what she wanted....some media attention and she seems quite happy while being arrested.

Iraq war protester Sheehan arrested
050926_sheehan_hmed_12p.h2.jpg

Sheehan arrested in House gallery

Do you guys really hate her? She obviously became unhinged and became vulnerable to exploitation to the delusional left.

I feel sorry for her more than anything. The poor woman is filling the void in her life left by the death of her her patriotic son with a professional activist lifestyle.

I listened to her speak once and she really appears to need psychological evaluation and assistance.

The Psychology of grief

To my knowledge she has not shot or stabbed anyone yet so I still hold out hope she may get some psychological aid for her troubled mind.

Lynn Woolsey needs a spanking. She should know better than that.

akyron said:
Meh She got what she wanted....some media attention and she seems quite happy while being arrested.

Iraq war protester Sheehan arrested
050926_sheehan_hmed_12p.h2.jpg

Do you guys really hate her? She obviously became unhinged and became vulnerable to exploitation to the delusional left.

I feel sorry for her more than anything. The poor woman is filling the void in her life left by the death of her her patriotic son with a professional activist lifestyle.

I listened to her speak once and she really appears to need psychological evaluation and assistance.

The Psychology of grief

To my knowledge she has not shot or stabbed anyone yet so I still hold out hope she may get some psychological aid for her troubled mind.

Lynn Woolsey needs a spanking. She should know better than that.

Last time I checked, you'd have to love someone to hate them. Given that I don't know Cindy, I can't say I ever loved her, therefore do not hate her.

Cindy was exploited by the left? Ummm wrong, Cindy exploited herself. She whored herself out to the media, because for whatever reason she decided what had happened a year prior was all of a sudden not good enough.

I am sorry that she lost her son. However, in his name, she has trampled his very action into the ground and spat on it. THAT is unforgivable in my mind.

Now having said all that... Woolsey is NOT responsible for what Cindy does. Woolsey is responsible for what Woolsey does, and I'm sure her colleagues will give her more flack than any of us could.

debate_junkie said:
But here's the thing... I have asked repeatedly to be shown that the Congresswoman KNEW Cindy would pull such a stunt.

IT WAS CINDY ****ING SHEEHAN.

I, a simple 19 year old, knew she would have tried something stupid had she been there. I highly doubt a ****ing CONGRESSWOMAN (who could have picked ANY family member, friend or supporter) would have chosen somebody as controversial and downright insane as Cindy Sheehan without prior knowledge or even a notion of some sort of antics.

Wow simply wow Galen, this isn't some pointless event this is hallowed tradition here, it's not the place for Partisanship the Democrats will have their response after the Address, that's how it is done that's how it has always been done, you don't have to respect the man but for Christ's sakes atleast respect the office and the traditition.
Dude, the president wasn't even in the ****ing room! Let me just remind you exactly what you're calling for, you're calling for multiple arrests because a woman unveiled a sign of protest at a presidential speach that the president wasn't even at yet.
The police exists to uphold order, this has nothing to do with order. This has to do with people who have nothing better to do than complain about things that they find offensive, like children laughing and butterflies, etc. To involve the police in any way other than to remove her from the building is quite simply proposterous. I'm being dead serious dude, your persistant hatred of free speach is really becoming disconcerning (except also ammusing as you continue to claim to be a libertarian).

But you're right, we should get rid of all disruptions from the state of the union, let's also arrest large amounts of senators who notably don't stand up during certain standing ovations. Let's also arrest any senators who applaud at seemingly inappropriate times. Hell, why stop there? Why don't we ban anything to come on in response to this that may be critical of it, I mean, it's a hallowed tradition, right? And how about, in the current spirit of republicans trying to defeat partisanship, let's make it go both ways, I mean, applause added around 14 minutes to the speech, this is a hallowed tradition that shouldn't be continually interupted, all of those people should be placed in jail, right?

The fact of the matter is you need to realize that you getting offended does not, by any means, qualify as legal standard. I've seen you get offended at things as small as members screen names, and you seem to respond with Stalinesque rage towards anything that steps outside of your narrow sensibilities.

Hallowed shmallowed.

debate_junkie said:
Not that I need to explain... Hmm where to start.. Sheehan lost a son in Iraq.. met with George Bush, accepted his condolences in her loss, and also accepted his thanks for her son fighting to bring freedom to Iraq. Fast forward a year, and suddenly, Sheehan wants another meeting with the President, and proceeds to camp outside the Crawford ranch, thinking she was going to get somewhere with it. Her mother gets ill, her husband divorced her, her inlaw's went on a campaign to get the rest of the United States to believe Cindy is on her on this one, as they support the President.

Cindy meets with Hugo Chavez, calls Bush a terrorist... blah blah blah.

Now, given you CANNOT answer the simple question I've asked, but resort to attacking my intelligence, all I can say Trajan is this... You've just deflated any amount of argument you've had. But then again, know that I have thick skin enough not to be bothered by the likes of someone who cannot give straight answers, instead resorts to personal attacks.

You missed a few things like Sheehan Meeting up and getting brainwashed by moveon.org and Michael Moore....Minor details though..:roll:

The Real McCoy said:
IT WAS CINDY ****ING SHEEHAN.

I, a simple 19 year old, knew she would have tried something stupid had she been there. I highly doubt a ****ing CONGRESSWOMAN (who could have picked ANY family member, friend or supporter) would have chosen somebody as controversial and downright insane as Cindy Sheehan without prior knowledge or even a notion of some sort of antics.

But until that knowledge comes to light, isn't it merely speculation on your part to assert she had knowledge or even a notion as you say? You can speculate until the cows come home, that does not replace fact. And the fact is, at this moment in time, nowhere can it be said Lynn Woolsey KNEW of Cindy's intentions.

It's already been stated Lynn Woolsey showed POOR judgement. I'm sure you, a simple 19 year old, can see how speculation does not replace fact, right?

debate_junkie said:
Now having said all that... Woolsey is NOT responsible for what Cindy does. Woolsey is responsible for what Woolsey does, and I'm sure her colleagues will give her more flack than any of us could.

If you take someone somewhere as your personal guest. Whatever sheehanigans that occur will reflect negatively on you. Soccer matches in Brussels notwithstanding.

Navy Pride said:
You missed a few things like Sheehan Meeting up and getting brainwashed by moveon.org and Michael Moore....Minor details though..:roll:

Brainwashed? LMAO is that all it takes to get a supporter of George Bush to turn on him? Hmmm Navy, I've got a moveon.org ad.. you are getting sleepy.. now repeat after me... I'm a media whore and I just want my name in lights.

Navy Pride said:
Come on Gal, you don't pull that **** at the state of the union........Give me a break.......You are way off base on this one..
yeah dude, you get removed, if she'd've done it during the actual event it might merit a small fine, but arresting her for showing a sign before any television station had actually started their coverage there is proposterous. When she did that they were still talking about how the secretary of veterans services will become president if everyone dies on CNN when she pulled this.
This is an abuse of the law.

akyron said:
If you take someone somewhere as your personal guest. Whatever sheehanigans that occur will reflect negatively on you. Soccer matches in Brussels notwithstanding.

Negatively reflect... RIGHT. But scroll back, that's NOT the assertion made by some that I was refuting. Some in this very thread have said that they can't blame Cindy for doing what she did. They blame the Congresswoman 100% for what Cindy did.. and THAT is what I've been refuting. There is a difference between the actions of a guest being a negative reflection... and it being YOUR fault said guest did or said what they did... ya see?

LOL what kind of snot nose panzy would have somebody arrested for wearing a T-Shirt? LOL! I think it must be that nasty liberal Navy Pride. I bet this was his authoritiarian left idea! LOL!

It's a sad day for this country when a woman lost her son for a miscreant president that waged a false war, is subjected to such scrutiny as "yeah, but would you go to a party with her?".

Simply Amazing.

debate_junkie said:
Negatively reflect... RIGHT. But scroll back, that's NOT the assertion made by some that I was refuting. Some in this very thread have said that they can't blame Cindy for doing what she did. They blame the Congresswoman 100% for what Cindy did.. and THAT is what I've been refuting. There is a difference between the actions of a guest being a negative reflection... and it being YOUR fault said guest did or said what they did... ya see?

I can see that. Woolsey brought her to the wedding but it was not completely her fault Cindy got drunk and threw up on the dance floor.

aquapub said:
Even though Sheehan is discracing her dead son by parading his memory around the country for dishonest political smear campaigns.

Just curious, Do you feel the same way about the Marine's family that attended the speech? I enjoyed hearing that Marines letter. I respect his families sacrifice. However, I fail to see how their inclusion in the speech was more than a political stunt. Call me an American hater if you will, but Sheehan believes she is honoring her son. I bet the family of that Marine feel same way.

AndrewC said:
Just curious, Do you feel the same way about the Marine's family that attended the speech? I enjoyed hearing that Marines letter. I respect his families sacrifice. However, I fail to see how their inclusion in the speech was more than a political stunt. Call me an American hater if you will, but Sheehan believes she is honoring her son. I bet the family of that Marine feel same way.

I completely agree with this. It's sad that she is being alienated because her losses have turned her against the war effort. To imply that she is a political hack is to be a political hack yourself. People deal with things in different ways. None of us want our troops to die. No person close to or directly related to war, likes WAR.

Well CNN, Fox News, C-SPAN, and MSNBC, would care to disagree with you where are you getting your intel from?

Well let's see here, I already posted one link, but here's a few more for ya:

Activist Cindy Sheehan Arrested at Capitol

Capitol Police arrest antiwar activist Sheehan

Activist Sheehan Arrested at State of the Union

And C-SPAN's website simply linked to the first article from Yahoo.

Now I'm sure you'll notice that all of these stories have been updated recently, but they were all there an hour and a half ago BEFORE I even saw this thread.

AndrewC said:

There is a difference between being disruptive and self centered vs not-being disruptive at a public/private event.

Did you see that lady hugging Mrs. Norwood at the end there? She was an Iraqi woman who had just voted.

Wow.

akyron said:
There is a difference between being disruptive and self centered vs not-being disruptive at a public/private event.

Did you see that lady hugging Mrs. Norwood at the end there? She was an Iraqi woman who had just voted.

Wow.

Yeah and I bet she was flown in just as the Bin Laden's were flown out on 9/13/01. Dare any arbitrary agency question her!

What a complete piece of political garbage.

akyron said:

Wow.

On a second note... mr. constitution.... :rofl

Any american citizen should be granted the role of being disruptive. There is no crime in this. If being disruptive by your ideology is a crime then you and your cohorts are guilty ten fold. You unwittingly speak in the stalinist diatribe for the authoritarian left.

debate_junkie said:
Brainwashed? LMAO is that all it takes to get a supporter of George Bush to turn on him? Hmmm Navy, I've got a moveon.org ad.. you are getting sleepy.. now repeat after me... I'm a media whore and I just want my name in lights.

Just to pull the stunts she does is outrageous.....The old bag is a mental midget........All you have to do is listen to her talk to realize that.....How you liberals can have her as your leader is beyond me...........I sure hope she takes Feinstein's seat.............

How do you explain her complimenting GWB after their meeting and then do a 180 after meeting Michael Moore and moveon.org.......

akyron said:

Wow.

What a great story.........

Navy Pride said:
Just to pull the stunts she does is outrageous.....The old bag is a mental midget........All you have to do is listen to her talk to realize that.....How you liberals can have her as your leader is beyond me...........I sure hope she takes Feinstein's seat.............

How do you explain her complimenting GWB after their meeting and then do a 180 after meeting Michael Moore and moveon.org.......
No offense, don't paint us the same light as what you are thinking all liberals are like. According to CNN, it was not a sign, it was a shirt. So, it is not some giant sign and was apparently not disturbing anyone. Basically, it is the same principal as protest zones-they keep the peace and security felt that would disturb the peace. Frankly, I agree, but they should not have arrested her --merely escorted her out to a television where she could watch it because what she did was idiotic, but not a crime.

The Democratic representative, not Senator, who invited her should not be arrested either. He can use the passes as he wants, and he did. It is usually reserved for family, but it has not always been used for that. Bush's are the exact same way, and he never uses them that way -- you wanna try and make that case again? I don't agree with what he did, by inviting her, but he was within his right to do so.

Back
Top Bottom