• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chuck Schumer says Democrats might tie spending bill to Mueller protection

I think the Dems would get the blame for shutting down the government and it would blow up in there face.

If they don't protect Mueller the backlash will be far worse. That is the #1 priority now.

LOL Mueller has been confirmed as head of the FBI.

They need to go through the process again. If John Brennan, James Comey, or James Clapper came back in the government you bet they would have to get confirmed again.

Huh? So if someone leaks something, Mueller and his team are at fault despite the leaker having no relationship to Mueller team? Good one.
We know things that can only come from the Mueller investigation.

If they don't protect Mueller the backlash will be far worse. That is the #1 priority now.

Mueller needs protection from what? He has a year's worth of whatever he has (probably very little if he is talking to Stormy Daniels).

The Mueller investigation has been going on for a year. Nothing will be found that already hasn't been discovered.

The only thing Mueller is interested in finding is more things to investigate. Once that runs out Mueller is out of a job.

Mueller needs protection from what? He has a year's worth of whatever he has (probably very little if he is talking to Stormy Daniels).

What's the matter? You sound nervous. You should be.

They need to go through the process again. If John Brennan, James Comey, or James Clapper came back in the government you bet they would have to get confirmed again.

Special councils do not require confirmation. Rosenstein appointed him and he was confirmed.

The only thing Mueller is interested in finding is more things to investigate. Once that runs out Mueller is out of a job.

Mueller came out of retirement for this job. He is not dragging his feet. Criminal conspiracies are complex and difficult to pin down. I think he has a handle on it and his report will be coming to the House in January. There is no way he is giving it to Whitaker to sit on so you need to be patient.

Mueller came out of retirement for this job. He is not dragging his feet. Criminal conspiracies are complex and difficult to pin down. I think he has a handle on it and his report will be coming to the House in January. There is no way he is giving it to Whitaker to sit on so you need to be patient.

how do you know?

Special councils do not require confirmation. Rosenstein appointed him and he was confirmed.

The president can fire a special counsel at any time.

The president can fire a special counsel at any time.

Actually he cannot and the AG can only fire him for cause. It is also abuse of power and obstruction of Justice for a President to order an investigation of himself to be closed. Surely you know that. We don't live in a Banana Republic.....yet.

Actually he cannot and the AG can only fire him for cause. It is also abuse of power and obstruction of Justice for a President to order an investigation of himself to be closed. Surely you know that. We don't live in a Banana Republic.....yet.

The president is the chief executive. He can fire anyone wants, in the Executive Branch.

Mueller came out of retirement to ask President Trump to appoint him back to being the head of the FBI. When Trump told him no, he and Comey then came up with a plot to get him appointed special counsel. Once Mueller got that, he went back home and into retirement, other than the salary to be automatically deposited into his account. For nearly 2 years now, Mueller himself has done absolutely nothing but suck federal money.

What an absurd claim. Under your theory, anyone in law enforcement has a job for life they can never be fired from merely by saying "I'm investigating my boss."

Mueller came out of retirement to ask President Trump to appoint him back to being the head of the FBI. When Trump told him no, he and Comey then came up with a plot to get him appointed special counsel. Once Mueller got that, he went back home and into retirement, other than the salary to be automatically deposited into his account. For nearly 2 years now, Mueller himself has done absolutely nothing but suck federal money.
When Comey worked for Lockheed Martin he made over 6 million dollars in a single year and Mueller was sending HUGE contracts from the FBI to Lockheed Martin. Competitors [IBM]complained that the FBI did not competitively bid many of the contracts.

He's better. He uncovered Watergate. Muller hasn't uncovered JACK in two years.

How do you know this ? Have you seen Mueller's report? NO...you haven't

For Democrats , for Republicans and independents not so much. Trump isn't going to stop the Mueller campaign but the acting AG may limit the investigation to the Trump 2016 campaign though.

That's because there is no Mueller report. In other investigations, the public was ongoingly informed what was going on. Not with Mueller. For all we know he died last year.

That's because there is no Mueller report. In other investigations, the public was ongoingly informed what was going on. Not with Mueller. For all we know he died last year.

Wanna wager Mueller is still alive?

such as ... ?

[
August 25, 2017: "People familiar with the matter" informed the Wall Street Journal that Mueller was investigating Flynn’s involvement in a private effort to obtain Hillary Clinton’s email from Russian hackers.

August 28, 2017: According to NBC News, three sources said Mueller’s investigators were focused on Trump’s role in writing a response to media reports about a meeting between campaign officials and Russians at Trump Tower in June 2016.

•September 1, 2017: The Washington Post reported Mueller’s investigators had a copy of a draft letter prepared by Trump aide Stephen Miller to justify the firing of Comey in May 2017.

October 4, 2017: Reuters cited three "sources familiar with the investigation" saying that Mueller’s team had taken over the FBI’s inquiries into a dossier of allegations regarding Trump’s Russia ties compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele. Two officials also reportedly told Reuters Mueller was looking into whether Manafort or others helped the Kremlin target hacking efforts and social media posts to influence the election.

Those are a few example there are more.

Look for them yourself I have made my point that the Mueller investigation appears to be leaking.

Look for them yourself I have made my point that the Mueller investigation appears to be leaking.

I think you are fibbing about there being more examples. Prove me wrong if you can.

Have you? Or are you just one of those that end they're nightly prayers with "and please, dear God, please let Mueller PLEASE find something - ANYTHING - that will event HINT that Trump and the Russians did ANYTHING wrong in the 2016 election".

Back
Top Bottom