• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christianity vs. Transgender Identity

Not compared to the ratio of risk/reward.

Yes, they do. They're murdered, stabbed, beaten, ostracized, demonized, maimed, raped and disfigured by people who share your beliefs.
The risks to the military during war are far higher

I think likely all of that contains both biological, genetic and social elements with choice being a factor in all of them
Do you have animosity toward transgendered people?

No one is born Christian. Period, end of story. There are people who are born with psychological and even physical traits associated with transgenderism. It also exists in nature in other species. Thus, it's clearly part of the natural order. Why should Christian belief be respected and transgender identity be demonized? People are indoctrinated into Christian belief, which conservatives claim is being done with transgender identity -- which is, of course, 100% untrue. It is being done with Christianity, without similar complaint, and even with associated tax incentives. It appears that transgender identity is innate to a person, such that after years of therapy and counseling, people end up opting for a surgical solution to achieve inner peace.

OTOH, Christian belief is fluid, voluntary, and can be unlearned quite easily.
I am living proof of that. I unlearned the hell out of it. It was not even hard to do.
Beyond the obvious cultural normalization of Christian fantasy as being normal, I don't see why it should be respected by anyone while the transgender community are under constant assault. If Christianity were introduced today, it would be accompanied by 8-sided dice and printable miniatures for optimal gaming experience. Just saying.

Just because something makes you feel uneasy it doesn't mean you have to hate it and the people associated with it.
Do they hate it or are they by and large afraid of it?

Doubt it. You got to carry a gun for self-defense and wear armor while at work. They don't.
Can you list the trans people with their legs blown off?

Can you list the names of those in the military who were stripped of their armor, their weapons, and all their leadership and support--and set onto the battlefield to face the enemy alone?

Do you have animosity for transgendered people?

Can you list the names of those in the military who were stripped of their armor, their weapons, and all their leadership and support--and set onto the battlefield to face the enemy alone?

Do you have animosity for transgendered people?
Trans people can wear armor and carry weapons if they want

The idea that it is more dangerous to be a trans person than a soldier in battle is ridiculous

I greatly support appropriate trans rights

I think likely all of that contains both biological, genetic and social elements with choice being a factor in all of them

I think certain physical factors are conclusively innate
What do you mean by certain physical factors?

Regardless, I don't necessarily think one precludes the other. Especially since "trans" is such a broad label. Like I don't think anyone "chooses" to have gender dysphoria. But I do think someone who doesn't have dysphoria can choose to express themselves in a gender non-conforming or non-binary identity. So I think it matters what you mean when you say someone chooses to be trans.

Do you think anyone is choosing to have gender dysphoria?

Do you want a list of all the memorials to trans people that other trans people keep up because so many of their friends have killed themselves due to how hostile our society is towards them or would than dampen the stupid word games you're playing to make your point too much?

What do you mean by certain physical factors?

Regardless, I don't necessarily think one precludes the other. Especially since "trans" is such a broad label. Like I don't think anyone "chooses" to have gender dysphoria. But I do think someone who doesn't have dysphoria can choose to express themselves in a gender non-conforming or non-binary identity. So I think it matters what you mean when you say someone chooses to be trans.

Do you think anyone is choosing to have gender dysphoria?
Eye color, baldness....that sort of thing that we can conclusively tie to genetics

I think the choice to be trans can lead to gender dysphoria

His posts clearly prove that he does have animosity towards trans people. He thinks that it is a choice, but he can't come close to proving those transphobic claims.
That is a flat out lie. You lie repeatedly on here and hate that I call you out on it

Do you want a list of all the memorials to trans people that other trans people keep up because so many of their friends have killed themselves due to how hostile our society is towards them or would than dampen the stupid word games you're playing to make your point too much?
That post is a stupid word game

That's insane. There is absolutely zero evidence to lead someone to such a belief.

That's insane. There is absolutely zero evidence to lead someone to such a belief.
You have conclusive evidence gender dysphoria is innate?

Let's see it

Trans people can wear armor and carry weapons if they want

The idea that it is more dangerous to be a trans person than a soldier in battle is ridiculous
No--soldiers have each other's backs against a common enemy and are well trained, armed, and armored.

Trans people don't have that. The comparison is what is ridiculous--and that was yours.
I greatly support appropriate trans rights
Do you harbor animosity toward transgendered people?

No--soldiers have each other's backs against a common enemy and are well trained, armed, and armored.

Trans people don't have that. The comparison is what is ridiculous--and that was yours.

Do you harbor animosity toward transgendered people?
The trans community has each other as well.

No

Eye color, baldness....that sort of thing that we can conclusively tie to genetics

I already proved the epigenetic link to being transgender.

How does a 3-5 year old choose to be transgender? Your argument is in the realm of the absurd.

That post is a stupid word game
I'm not playing a game. I didn't come into this thread because I felt the need to tear other people down for living their lives. Politics isn't a game and political beliefs have consequences. Your continuous attempts to compare being trans to choosing to serve in the military as some kind of argument shows how unseriousness you are.

It's just an argument to you. A talking point to win. Not your life.

I already proved the epigenetic link to being transgender.

How does a 3-5 year old choose to be transgender? Your argument is in the realm of the absurd.
Then let's operate on 3 tmyears old since it's conclusive they are trans... right?

Oh wait.....lots change their mind. Lol

I'm not playing a game. I didn't come into this thread because I felt the need to tear other people down for living their lives. Politics isn't a game and political beliefs have consequences. Your continuous attempts to compare being trans to choosing to serve in the military as some kind of argument shows how unseriousness you are.

It's just an argument to you. A talking point to win. Not your life.
It was my life. I served

They are well trained by our military and have soldiers protecting their backs?

You may want to consider why you work so hard to claim it's their choice to suffer abuse and discrimination from people who share your views.
You NEED for it to be innate

You don't care that there is no evidence for that yet

The idea that anyone would challenge LGBT dogma and ask for evidence is heresy.

Choice does not eliminate their rights. It simply means they have the same rights as the other choices that are protected

By the way innate does not automatically grant them rights either

Back
Top Bottom