• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christianity vs. Transgender Identity

If I was the trans person I would tell the cop to go f themselves and talk to my lawyer, then I would sue the department for harassment. I'm sure I could find a pro-trans activist lawyer out there who could dream up some mumbojumbo that could get us a payout.

Is it legaly requred to change your name tho? I'm not so sure about that. So a cis guy who was named Francis at birth would be let in to that poker tournament?
If she claims to be transgendered and living as female then there should be some sort of evidence to support that claim. A business card for a therapist or Dr, something. This is where that carry letter was used. I'm reasonably certain that a Dr or therapist would still write one if you asked them. It was usually given to the client when you got your diagnosis and began HRT. I was often a boilerplate letter.

If he was named Francis at birth then he would have a photo ID with that name on it.

If she claims to be transgendered and living as female then there should be some sort of evidence to support that claim.
If it's required to enter the tournament, yes.

If they only demand it on 1 person and only after-the-fact, especially if they can't show a history of always demanding proof of every previous winners gender, then it's harassment.

If he was named Francis at birth then he would have a photo ID with that name on it.
Right, just like anyone's legal name is on their id whether or not it was their birth name. Point being that a name being male or female isn't proof of gender or sex.

Last edited:
If it's required to enter the tournament, yes.

If they only demand it on 1 person and only after-the-fact, especially if they can't show a history of always demanding proof of every previous winners gender, then it's harassment.

Right, just like anyone's legal name is on their id whether or not it was their birth name. Point being that a name being male or female isn't proof of gender or sex.
She seems to be saying that people can not be gender fluid which seems very bigoted and transphobic

If she claims to be transgendered and living as female then there should be some sort of evidence to support that claim. A business card for a therapist or Dr, something. This is where that carry letter was used. I'm reasonably certain that a Dr or therapist would still write one if you asked them. It was usually given to the client when you got your diagnosis and began HRT. I was often a boilerplate letter.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's impossible to distinguish between genuin transgender people and frauds.

Something like 99% of people receive positive results from gender-affirming care. It doesn't always involve surgery, or even reversible puberty blockers, and in many cases it doesn't. Gender-affirming care also involves helping people discover their identities, as it involves psychological care, which may result in transitioning OUT of gender dysphoria. The right, and some people who pretend not to be right-wing, want to ban this in the same way they ban Sex Ed in favor of abstinence-only, resulting in the highest teen pregnancies on the country.

This exists in nature, and burying your head in the sand is not a solution. It's not because of TikTok or grooming teachers. The right-wing has no solutions to any problem, and the more nuanced the problem, the more absurd their solutions are.

Something like 99% of people receive positive results from gender-affirming care. It doesn't always involve surgery, or even reversible puberty blockers, and in many cases it doesn't. Gender-affirming care also involves helping people discover their identities, as it involves psychological care, which may result in transitioning OUT of gender dysphoria. The right, and some people who pretend not to be right-wing, want to ban this in the same way they ban Sex Ed in favor of abstinence-only, resulting in the highest teen pregnancies on the country.

This exists in nature, and burying your head in the sand is not a solution. It's not because of TikTok or grooming teachers. The right-wing has no solutions to any problem, and the more nuanced the problem, the more absurd their solutions are.
Yeah that number is fake. I have seen detrans rates like 13 1%

The problem is we don't know

Yeah that number is fake. I have seen detrans rates like 13 1%

The problem is we don't know
Your claims have already been debunked numerous times. Why do you continue to make these false claims when I can fact-check with verifiable souces you in 20 seconds?

In the US, a survey of nearly 28,000 people found that 8% of respondents reported some kind of detransition. Of this 8%, 62% per cent only did so temporarily due to societal, financial, or family pressures..

We do know because it has been studied for 30+ years. Trying to set up an argument from ignorance fallacy isn't helping your specious claims.

Your claims have already been debunked numerous times.

We do know because it has been studied for 30+ years. Trying to set up an argument from ignorance fallacy isn't helping your specious claims.
Of these, 2242 (13.1%) reported a history of detransition.

Of these, 2242 (13.1%) reported a history of detransition.

Your source supports my claim. They detransitions not because they weren't transgender but because of an external factor.,

Results: A total of 17,151 (61.9%) participants reported that they had ever pursued gender affirmation, broadly defined. Of these, 2242 (13.1%) reported a history of detransition. Of those who had detransitioned, 82.5% reported at least one external driving factor. Frequently endorsed external factors included pressure from family and societal stigma. History of detransition was associated with male sex assigned at birth, nonbinary gender identity, bisexual sexual orientation, and having a family unsupportive of one's gender identity. A total of 15.9% of respondents reported at least one internal driving factor, including fluctuations in or uncertainty regarding gender identity.

Conclusion: Among TGD adults with a reported history of detransition, the vast majority reported that their detransition was driven by external pressures. Clinicians should be aware of these external pressures, how they may be modified, and the possibility that patients may once again seek gender affirmation in the future.

Your source supports my claim. They detransitions not because they weren't transgender but because of an external factor.,
They detransitioned. They were mutilated and had to try and go back to their old life

13.1% detransitioned

That's a fact

They detransitioned. They were mutilated and had to try and go back to their old life

13.1% detransitioned

That's a fact
But it wasn't because they weren't trans. Many of them re-transitioned in the future. Tell the whole truth.

This is a conclusion from your source.

Conclusion: Among TGD adults with a reported history of detransition, the vast majority reported that their detransition was driven by external pressures. Clinicians should be aware of these external pressures, how they may be modified, and the possibility that patients may once again seek gender affirmation in the future.
And again,
He said it’s difficult to quantify because patients who detransition often see new doctors, not the physicians who prescribed the hormones or performed the surgeries. Some patients may simply stop taking hormones.

“My own personal experience is that it is quite uncommon,” Irwig said. “I’ve taken care of over 350 gender-diverse patients and probably fewer than five have told me that they decided to detransition or changed their minds.”

But it wasn't because they weren't trans. Many of them re-transitioned in the future. Tell the whole truth.

This is a conclusion from your source.
How many retransitioned in the future?

Give me the number

It only says the possibility exists

How many retransitioned in the future?

Give me the number

It only says the possibility exists
Here are your numbers, Do you need me to do the math for you?

A 2015 survey of nearly 28,000 people, carried out by the National Center for Transgender Equality (USA), showed that 8% of respondents reported ‘detransitioning’. Of those who detransitioned, 62% said that they only detransitioned temporarily.

The most common reason for re/detransitioning was pressure from a parent.

0.4% said they detransitioned after realising that particular transgender identity didn’t feel right for them.

If you are willing to admit that your transgender stance is based on emotions and opinions I will stop fact checking you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom