• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China prepares to invade United States through Canada and Mexico

ERYAAHBNM2.jpg

Egads! How will we ever see the hundreds upon hundreds of massive cargo vessels required to transport a Chinese army large enough to threaten the US crossing the Pacific in time to act!? :(

EDIT

Would they stuff them all in containers to try and enhance the covertness of the OP? I know they're used to cramped living conditions over there, but that's kind of extreme by anyone's standards! :lamo

Egads! How will we ever see the hundreds upon hundreds of massive cargo vessels required to transport a Chinese army large enough to threaten the US crossing the Pacific in time to act!? :(

Oh it is not all that outrageous at all. I have had debates in the past with people that tried to insist that China could invade Taiwan with their cargo container navy or vehicle ROROs (after all, there is no difference between a transport ship and an amphibious warfare ship, right?). And more recently tried to say they could use them to invade those islands they are wanting to take over.

China Now Using a Cruise Ship to Haul Troops and Tanks | Danger Room | Wired.com

Oh it is not all that outrageous at all. I have had debates in the past with people that tried to insist that China could invade Taiwan with their cargo container navy or vehicle ROROs (after all, there is no difference between a transport ship and an amphibious warfare ship, right?). And more recently tried to say they could use them to invade those islands they are wanting to take over.

China Now Using a Cruise Ship to Haul Troops and Tanks | Danger Room | Wired.com

I'm sure it could be done. I'm just saying that there's no way in Hell they could do so covertly, particularly not with an army anywhere near large enough to even dream of attempting a full scale invasion of North America.

The massive build up of troops, military materials, and transport vessels necessary to pull such a logistical nightmare off would be spotted months, if not years, ahead of time. Furthermore, even if their ships did manage to depart port unmolested, we could simply sink them all enroute due to the Chinese Military's almost complete inability to defend their hypothetical ungodly massive transport fleet from the US Navy in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

It'd be a fiasco that'd make the Spanish Armada look like a mere training accident by way of comparison.

I suppose they could try to gradually build a "sleeper" army in Canada and Mexico, but such a massive influx of Chinese immigrants would be noticed pretty quickly and wouldn't be able to pull off much of anything more than an extended insurgent campaign without heavier equipment.

Last edited:
we need to teach grizzlies to like chinese...

Holey Hannah, Ooze, you replied to something almost a year and half OLD.

And Necromancered a long-dead thread...

Zombie thread rises from the grave: "Brains! Brains!!"

Looks around DP... "Brains!! Brains??"

Wanders off forlornly into the night.... "Brains? Brains???"

May I have the honour, sir, of having this magnificent quote as my signature?

Holey Hannah, Ooze, you replied to something almost a year and half OLD.

And Necromancered a long-dead thread...

Actually, I was reminded of this by something somebody was saying in another thread. And it was about "believing everything you read on the Internet". It reminded me of this one, as a perfect example of vetting your sources before you just post something in here and try to run with it.

Considering our propensity toward high wages and questionable product, what on earth would they do with us if they accidentally won. Would they have to pay off our debts?

If so, maybe we should....no, that's crazy. Never mind.

I'm sure it could be done. I'm just saying that there's no way in Hell they could do so covertly, particularly not with an army anywhere near large enough to even dream of attempting a full scale invasion of North America.

And cargo vessels like this would soon be littering the bottom of the ocean.

Most people have no idea how cargo ships differ from military vessels. Thickness of the hull, disaster control stations, even the amount of people means that a single hit from a missile or torpedo and these things are gone. And for those that remember the SS Atlantic Conveyor know how vulnerable such ships are to enemy fire.

conveyor.jpg

And it would be a fiasco. Even an attack upon Taiwan with such ships would be a fiasco, let alone the United States.

Of course, one of the most interesting things about this is that there are many kooks that still believe this is real! Look in some of the conspiracy and nutcase sites, and they are still going on about this nonsense.

And this one I absolutely love!

And notice less then 2 minutes in, he absolutely blows the conversion rate of Dollars to Pesos. He claims a $150,000 house is to much, and if in Pesos would be $1.5 million dollars. Errr, sorry, it would be around $11,000 US. A Mexican Peso is only worth around 8 cents.

Considering our propensity toward high wages and questionable product, what on earth would they do with us if they accidentally won. Would they have to pay off our debts?

the-mouse-that-roared-movie-poster-1959-1020502385.jpg

SOmewhat of a classical reference. In short, a modern day feudal nation invades New York in 1955 with 1 knight, 3 armsmen and 20 longbowmen with the idea of loosing a war with the US and advancing themselves with the money gained from loosing the war (a'la West Germany and The Marshal Plan). However, through a comedy of errors they actually win the war.

the-mouse-that-roared-movie-poster-1959-1020502385.jpg

SOmewhat of a classical reference. In short, a modern day feudal nation invades New York in 1955 with 1 knight, 3 armsmen and 20 longbowmen with the idea of loosing a war with the US and advancing themselves with the money gained from loosing the war (a'la West Germany and The Marshal Plan). However, through a comedy of errors they actually win the war.

Sooo... The Producers, but with military personnel? lol

They like us cause we buy their ****.

Actually, I was reminded of this by something somebody was saying in another thread. And it was about "believing everything you read on the Internet". It reminded me of this one, as a perfect example of vetting your sources before you just post something in here and try to run with it.

No big, its just my job on DP to humorously poke anyone who engages in necromancy. :)

I remember that book. Hysterical and completely valid - we probably did that in Iraq's case:roll:

[img

Back
Top Bottom