• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Chicago's Black Ghetto

I did answer the question.

Notice where I said you think if nobody saw the event it didn't happen.

That means that nobody saw it, but that doesn't matter as the victim had injuries to prove what happened.

No, wrong again.... All the injuries prove is that there was an altercation, not who started it....

No, wrong again.... All the injuries prove is that there was an altercation, not who started it....

Who started it doesn't matter. Martin caused his own death by trying to kill Zimmerman.

The shooting was justified whether you like it or not.

Who started it doesn't matter. Martin caused his own death by trying to kill Zimmerman.

The shooting was justified whether you like it or not.

Martin absolutely was trying to kill Zimmerman. It's horrifying to find someone so depraved at such a young age. Zimmerman's screams were chilling yet Martin kept hurting him as if he enjoyed torturing someone. I honestly am glad Zman took him down before he could hurt others.

Martin absolutely was trying to kill Zimmerman. It's horrifying to find someone so depraved at such a young age. Zimmerman's screams were chilling yet Martin kept hurting him as if he enjoyed torturing someone. I honestly am glad Zman took him down before he could hurt others.

What would have happened if an innocent had come along instead of Zimmerman that night?

Maybe a resident out walking his dog.

That would have been ugly.

Moderator's Warning:
Moved to Zimmerman / Martin Sub Forum

Perhaps it was. At one time, Chicago had countless jobs, many of them on the Southside and in Northern Indiana. Times changed...but Blacks remained trapped in those dying areas. Whites kept them in there like Nazis enforcing the perimeter around Warsaw.
Short answer: Read the article.

Long Answer: Trayvon was shot for venturing out of the Ghetto where his skin color and hoodie marked him as surely as the yellow star marked a Jew venturing out of Warsaw.

LOL, hyperbole alert!

Now I know why nobody takes you seriously.

What would have happened if an innocent had come along instead of Zimmerman that night?

Maybe a resident out walking his dog.

That would have been ugly.

Do you follow people and scare them when you walk your dog?

In the 1920s.. southside was a very successful area.. with black businesses and many professionals.. as well as a café society and a great music scene.

Agreed. Although mostly black, up until the 1970s the southside of Chicago was a relatively affluent area. Robust retail economy, a thriving real estate industry and home ownership. My grandmother was President of a neighborhood home beautification club called the West Chesterfield Garden Society. Every year she helped to organize summer Garden Walks where homeowners in her neighborhood competed in who had the best landscaped home contests. You would have thought you'd were in a massive botanical garden with dozens and dozens of perfectly landscaped homes. All voluntary without HOA compulsion. Of course, when you're a little kid everything seems bigger and nicer but I would have thought I was in The Hamptons. All black owned homes on the South Side of Chicago. As bad as segregation was, the horrible crime ridden downward spiral didn't start until the effects of government forcing fathers out of the homes of blacks families started to change to culture of the black community.

When you say Posts like yours, however, seem like you are making excuses for failure, instead of encouraging progress.

I tire of this site.

You can lead a mule to water.....well sometimes you cannot lead a mule anywheres :shrug:

So we went from:

1. Black ghettos
2. Trayvon Martin
3. Jews

What an impressive jump from one retarded conclusion to another.
Jewish Ghetto in Warsaw, Poland. Learn some history. Then you might "see" the flow of logic there.

Wandering around looking in peopls Windows, and even though Zimmerman didn't know about it, Martin had a history of burglary, so yes he was right to be suspicious.

He wasn't looking in windows. You made that up.

And, that "history of burglary" meme is some nonsense made up by Right Wing nut sites like Atlas Shrugged.

No one knows what happened except Zimmerman. I'm still of the opinion that Martin probably did backtrack and face Zimmerman. When Zimmerman reached for his cell phone (as he told police), I think Martin may have thought he was reaching for a weapon and attacked in what he perceived was self-defense. Then, of course, things went horribly sideways. Once you believe you are fighting for your life, you don't stop until the threat is neutralized. This incident was the perfect storm.

I don't believe Trayvon Martin was a bad kid. He was a typical teenager. Some truancy, minor theft, suspensions. No big deal. This kid wasn't a gang banger. He just wasn't.

Because these behaviors are largely taught by association from one generation to the next. We are all to an extent a creation of our environment. Most of the things we learn in life are taught and learned (even subconsciously) by the people that we are surrounded by. Most people are more similar to those they were raised around then those they were not.

I spent some of my school years in Memphis, TN a rather rough city particularly in black neighborhoods. What I witnessed while their was a completely different attitude then I was accustomed to being from the rural midwest among some of the poor black population. A segment of the black population had absolutely no interest in school or learning. It was seen as a waste of time and effort as it offered little in regards to the life they pictured themselves living at that was gang banger drug dealers. They seemed to have no interest into trying to conform to a more normal "white mans" lifestyle. Many of these young black boys and girls were already a part of the local gang scene and had fathers, mother, brothers, and sisters who were active gang members who earned money by illegal means. I believe they largely felt that they would be far more successful in life by choosing a life of crime rather then trying to compete with white people in a white persons world. Crime seemed to be a far easier and far more lucrative life then anything an education and clean lifestyle could provide.

No reasonable person would argue against the points you make. But, the question to answer is why did this develop?

IMO, segregating Blacks, herding them into ghettos which lack opportunity, surrounding them with low income, desperate people and jamming them into urban wastelands, has resulted in cultures which do not assimilate to the mainstream. Blacks who grow up around prosperity in affluent suburbs or segregated areas within the city do much better than those who grow up in a crack neighborhood which is 95% Black and riddled with crime and poverty.

LOL, hyperbole alert!

Now I know why nobody takes you seriously.
You obviously didn;t read the article in the op. Yes, at one time, blacks were shot, beaten up and harrassed for entering white towns like Cicero...I take it you conveniently forget that there too was once a term called "sundown towns".
Sundown town - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In some cases, signs were placed at the town's borders with statements similar to the one posted in Hawthorne, California, which read "Nigger, Don't Let The Sun Set On YOU In Hawthorne" in the 1930s.

In some cases, the exclusion was official town policy or through restrictive covenants agreed to by the real estate agents of the community. In others, the policy was enforced through intimidation. This intimidation could occur in a number of ways, including harassment by law enforcement officers.

Though no one knows the number of sundown towns there were in the United States, the largest attempt made to determine how common they were estimated that there were several thousand throughout the nation.

"Several thousand". Not an isolated incident.

You obviously didn;t read the article in the op. Yes, at one time, blacks were shot for entering white towns like Cicero...I take it you conveniently forget that there too was once a term called "sundown towns".
Sundown town - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are some very ugly chapters in the history of the United States of America. But the wonderful thing is that our government didn't wait for attitudes to change. They passed legislation to make people change.

It does occur to me that, as compared to today and black neighborhoods v white boys, at least they posted signs.

There are some very ugly chapters in the history of the United States of America. But the wonderful thing is that our government didn't wait for attitudes to change. They passed legislation to make people change.

It does occur to me that, as compared to today and black neighborhoods v white boys, at least they posted signs.

Considering most Blacks back then couldn't read, I'm not so sure that the signs did any good. They were probably just a legal "out". Kind of like if the signs you want posted today were in ebonics.

This ain't the 1920's. Institutional racism is not a valid excuse anymore. If you want out of a ****** life, sacrifice and make your life better. The sooner everyone realizes that, the better off we're going to be.

WWII Jewish Ghettos <> modern day urban ghettos <> 1920's black ghettos. Any comparison of the two to Nazi ghettos is bound to be criticized, and rightly so. Jewish ghettos in WWII were a temporary solution until the Nazis could find a way to exterminate the Jews. Simply put, it was the first step to mass genocide. Any analogy comparing the purpose of WWII Ghettos and modern day ghettos deserves condemnation. The author of such an analogy should be fired unless they take a course on the Holocaust.

Do you follow people and scare them when you walk your dog?

I don't understand the question?

What does this have to do with what I posted?

Are you saying Zimmerman scared Martin instead of the other way around?

Martin had identified and targeted Zimmerman and then attacked.

What if it had been in an innocent in that place instead of Zimmerman.

That person would be dead right now.

He wasn't looking in windows. You made that up.

And, that "history of burglary" meme is some nonsense made up by Right Wing nut sites like Atlas Shrugged.

You had better get familial with the facts of the case.

Youseem to be ignorant of what happened prior to Martin attacking Zimmerman.

No reasonable person would argue against the points you make. But, the question to answer is why did this develop?

IMO, segregating Blacks, herding them into ghettos which lack opportunity, surrounding them with low income, desperate people and jamming them into urban wastelands, has resulted in cultures which do not assimilate to the mainstream. Blacks who grow up around prosperity in affluent suburbs or segregated areas within the city do much better than those who grow up in a crack neighborhood which is 95% Black and riddled with crime and poverty.

Do you have proof of these positive actions?

If it happened like you said you would be able to point out specific actions.

Trayvon Martin was killed close to home. He was killed by someone whom he lived around.

Martin was not killed "close to home". his "home" was 200 miles away. he was a visitor to the area and (according to his father's girlfriend) had only been there 7-8 times over a period of two years. He was not killed by someone whom he lived around.

I understand how precious your hyperbole is to you, however, could you explain the location of Cabrini-Green in Chicago.

It, and the location of dozens and dozens of other housing developments across the United States vaporize your trolling memes, to I'm curious how you explain their existence, or perhaps more interesting, how you ignore them.

You can lead a mule to water.....well sometimes you cannot lead a mule anywheres :shrug:

You may have labeled the wrong person here. With those who consistently insist the I adopt YOUR interpretation of my post as its meaning rather than stand by my own intended meaning. I am the author of it and I know it's meaning, NOT YOU

Clearly my statement is referring to the group of individuals who suffer from the additional burden of prejudice and bigotry. Try to keep up

Last edited:
Your quoted theory, which you've wrapped around George Zimmerman is an obfuscation of the issue.
Are you suggesting, along with the original author, that black ghettos caused Trayvon Martin's death?

Because these behaviors are largely taught by association from one generation to the next. We are all to an extent a creation of our environment. Most of the things we learn in life are taught and learned (even subconsciously) by the people that we are surrounded by. Most people are more similar to those they were raised around then those they were not.

I spent some of my school years in Memphis, TN a rather rough city particularly in black neighborhoods. What I witnessed while their was a completely different attitude then I was accustomed to being from the rural midwest among some of the poor black population. A segment of the black population had absolutely no interest in school or learning. It was seen as a waste of time and effort as it offered little in regards to the life they pictured themselves living at that was gang banger drug dealers. They seemed to have no interest into trying to conform to a more normal "white mans" lifestyle. Many of these young black boys and girls were already a part of the local gang scene and had fathers, mother, brothers, and sisters who were active gang members who earned money by illegal means. I believe they largely felt that they would be far more successful in life by choosing a life of crime rather then trying to compete with white people in a white persons world. Crime seemed to be a far easier and far more lucrative life then anything an education and clean lifestyle could provide.

This is interesting. What do you think is the reason they would gravitate towards crime then? Because it was easier?

Back
Top Bottom