• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Prepares for New Concealed Carry Gun Law......

Any word on non-resident permits and reciprocity?

So far I haven't seen anything On Chicago or Cook County accepting Out of State permits.

I'd bet that reciprocity is one of those things that'll be hung onto for awhile, as it'll be one of the few infringements they'll be able to. In time, as sanity begins to reassert itself, and after other states begin to see the learning curve is nearing completion, I'm sure reciprocity will begin to be an actively-managed thing. Can't imagine it being early in the game, given the "sting" of being forced to get with the program in terms of carry.

Moreover they are still going to make it as difficult as they can. Already.....they have gone after some NRA Instructors and Others for not being LEs to give instruction. Like they did with Carry Safely.

Chicago handgun Permits Training classes

We have just been notified by the Sate of Illinois that our Certifications do not meet the requirements to teach the Chicago Handgun Permit Classes. To teach the Chicago Handgun Permit Class you must be a Law Enforcement Instructor which we are not. The City of Chicago has in our opinion made the requirements for owning a handgun very difficult. That is not what the United States Supreme Court ruled. They ruled that it is our 2nd Amendment Right. So although we cant teach the Chicago Handgun Class, here is the Name, Phone number and web page of an Instructor friend of ours who is qualified.

Brian Kapnick
630-205-1369
Marksmanship Training Group, LLC

Chicago Handgun Permit Classes | Chicago Gun Permits Training | Chicago Gun License

This is how the Democrats/Liberal/Progressives play in Chicago.....while always looking to get around that US Constitution. Like they say.....is it the Machine, or is it the Outfit! :shock:

Last edited:
And how does conceal carry laws address this issue.
The gang bangers won't have a monopoly on force, criminals tend to be cowards, when they know an armed citizen might end their ass on the spot they'll be more inclined to be selective in their targets. When criminal opportunity windows shrink, crime tends to as well.

The gang bangers won't have a monopoly on force, criminals tend to be cowards, when they know an armed citizen might end their ass on the spot they'll be more inclined to be selective in their targets. When criminal opportunity windows shrink, crime tends to as well.

One thing is for certain.....they (the bangers, gangstas, hustlers,) will learn what trying to shoot sideways is All about! <evil grin>

Also it is a misnomer that the bangers will be cowardly in running away.....if they do, run that is. It will only be to get clear. Then to await for reinforcement. Then return! Vets will be a perception that will.....at the least make them think!

One thing is for certain.....they (the bangers, gangstas, hustlers,) will learn what trying to shoot sideways is All about! <evil grin>

Also it is a misnomer that the bangers will be cowardly in running away.....if they do, run that is. It will only be to get clear. Then to await for reinforcement. Then return! Vets will be a perception that will.....at the least make them think!
Again, cowards. If they need backup, even when they've been armed for years it just proves how weak their constitutions are. And it would take too long for some "on the fence" kids to realize that those bangers are a dying breed, literally. Then some people say "well, that's advocating murder", nope, defense. If those scumbags would stop victimizing others they wouldn't be in a position to get shot.

Again, cowards. If they need backup, even when they've been armed for years it just proves how weak their constitutions are. And it would take too long for some "on the fence" kids to realize that those bangers are a dying breed, literally. Then some people say "well, that's advocating murder", nope, defense. If those scumbags would stop victimizing others they wouldn't be in a position to get shot.

As you can see they are already finding a way to stop other Instructors who are Licensed to be instructors and in other states. Emanuel knows all the tricks and lets not forget he was Instrumental in getting Bilbo his ban.

This concealed carry law does nothing to adress the issue of why Chicago gangs exist in the first place.

Show me a city where the gun violence is high, along with the poverty level way above national average, and gangs rule the streets... I'll show you a city run by democrats.

Not really an update but more of an addendum. Several downstate sheriffs are refusing to enforce gun carry violations so long as the person has an active Illinois Firearm card but will face penalties if the gun is used in the commiting of a crime.

They are essentially telling the legislature to get its act together and pass a bill and get it signed and restore 2nd ammendment rights to the citizens of their counties.

the easy bright line rule all states should adopt is that gun laws apply to every civilian in a state who is legally able to own a gun under federal law

if cops can use it other civilians should be able to own it

no public official should be allowed to be protected by people using weapons that other citizens cannot own

no police office can use a weapon that has a greater magazine capacity or higher rate of fire than those other citizens are able to own

As you can see they are already finding a way to stop other Instructors who are Licensed to be instructors and in other states. Emanuel knows all the tricks and lets not forget he was Instrumental in getting Bilbo his ban.
Yeah, they will find every way possible to violate the constitution, and then play semantics saying "We're following the constitution, just making it harder to............blah, blah, blah" and think they're being cute. I can only hope when common sense prevails these idiots start seeing charges.

Here is Illinois Gun Laws..... Read them and weep. Which will include Chicago's. Which has banned certain weapons they consider to be Assault and will include clips over 12 for Chicago. Anything over 10 rounds for Cook County. 15 rounds for Aurora Ill.

Also Concerning FOID cards.

To possess or purchase firearms or ammunition, Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card, which is issued by the Illinois State Police. The police must issue FOID cards to eligible applicants. An applicant is disqualified if he or she has been convicted of a felony or an act of domestic violence, is the subject of an order of protection, has been convicted of assault or battery or been a patient in a mental institution within the last five years, has been adjudicated as a mental defective, or is an illegal immigrant. There are additional requirements for applicants under the age of 21.

When a firearm is sold or transferred, the buyer is required to present their FOID card. This applies to private sales between individuals as well as to sales by Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders. For private sales, the seller is required to keep a record of the transfer for at least 10 years. For FFL sales, the seller must retain the federal Form 4473 for at least 20 years. For firearm sales by an FFL holder, or at a gun show, the seller must perform an automated dial-up check with the State Police, to verify that the FOID card is valid, and to redo the background check of the buyer; this additional checking is known as the Firearm Transfer Inquiry Program (FTIP). The buyer is also required to present their FOID card when purchasing ammunition.

In 2011, in the case of People v. Holmes, the Illinois Supreme Court ruled that non-Illinois residents who are permitted to possess a firearm in their home state are not required to have an Illinois FOID card.

Illinois does not have state preemption of firearm laws, and some local governments have passed laws that are more restrictive than those of the state.

Chicago requires that all firearms be registered with the police department. Gun owners are required to have a Chicago Firearm Permit. The city has banned the possession of certain semi-automatic firearms that it defines as assault weapons, as well as magazines that can hold more than 12 rounds of ammunition. Chicago residents must "immediately" report a firearm that is stolen or lost, and must report the transfer of a firearm at least 48 hours in advance. Chicago also prohibits the sale of firearms within city limits.

Cook County has banned the possession of certain semi-automatic firearms that it has defined as assault weapons, and magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Starting in August 2013, residents must report to the county sheriff within 48 hours any firearms that are stolen, lost, transferred, or sold. The sheriff may share this information with other law enforcement agencies. In Cook County, local laws, such as those of Chicago, take precedence over county laws that regulate similar matters.

Other municipalities have also enacted various firearm restrictions. Lack of preemption makes it difficult to travel throughout Illinois with a firearm while being sure that no laws are being broken.

Current laws

In Chicago, gun owners are required to have a Chicago Firearm Permit, which costs $100 and must be renewed every three years. Before getting the permit, the resident must complete a training course that includes at least four hours of classroom training and one hour of range time. Each gun must be registered with the Chicago Police Department at a one-time cost of $15 per gun, and an annual registration report must be filed every year. Gun possession is permitted only inside a dwelling, not in a garage or on the outside grounds of the property. Only one gun at a time may be kept in a usable state. Chicago's ordinances are being challenged in court, with plaintiffs alleging that they are so restrictive and burdensome as to interfere with citizens' Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Highland Park bars handgun possession unless the resident has obtained a permit from the Highland Park Police. The permit must be renewed every year, and the resident must attend a gun safety and training session, given by the police, every three years.....snip~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Illinois

Of course there is Nothing preventing these same gangsters from getting a concealed carry permit.

as others have mentioned they dont obey the law.....however, in order to receive a concealed carry permit one must submit to an in depth background check by local Sherrif Dept. and FBI that includes history of mental health issues, substace abuse, domestic violence and have no criminal record (felony).....gangsters are known to start having a lengthy arrest record at a young age, they would be denied......getting a CCP isnt as easy as getting a permit to burn leaves or go fishing

Restrictive = Infringement.

Heya Blaxshep. :2wave: You got that Right.....I kept telling people it is better than what we had. But they will still make it as difficult as possible. Course those from other states will get put thru the ringer until they find out about their guns.

Hey MMC.

Question; I am assuming that a FOID card constitutes a gun registry. Therefore it is not only a 2nd amendment violation but a 4th and a 14th, possibly a 5th.

Hey MMC.

Question; I am assuming that a FOID card constitutes a gun registry. Therefore it is not only a 2nd amendment violation but a 4th and a 14th, possibly a 5th.

That's how I was perceiving it.....also the other concern of mine was Chicago or Illinois revoking Certified Instructors license saying they aren't able to teach since they are not an LE. Or Former LE. That's despite being legal to teach in other states too.

That's how I was perceiving it.....also the other concern of mine was Chicago or Illinois revoking Certified Instructors license saying they aren't able to teach since they are not an LE. Or Former LE. That's despite being legal to teach in other states too.

Yes that is disturbing because a LEO should always be considered a civilian, this kind of distinction elevates LE above citizens.

Yes that is disturbing because a LEO should always be considered a civilian, this kind of distinction elevates LE above citizens.

Moreover I don't see how LE's would have more experience than Military instructors.....especially any that stays Current with their Instructors license.

Moreover I don't see how LE's would have more experience than Military instructors.....especially any that stays Current with their Instructors license.

Or even a civilian. I would be willing to bet someone like Turtle Dude puts more rounds down the lane each year than at least 3/4 of the LEOs out there.

I read that a new law went into effect in Virginia today that is retroactive so permit holders are no longer a matter of public record and the public records have been cleansed or are in the process of being cleansed in response to newspapers targeting CWP holders. Now with these kinds of things happening and all the nullification efforts afoot, one would think that the liberal autocrats would rethink their position and use some common sense. I am sure they won't, but a boy can dream......

Or even a civilian. I would be willing to bet someone like Turtle Dude puts more rounds down the lane each year than at least 3/4 of the LEOs out there.

Yeah TD is one and I know others. Plus its not like most Cops unless SWAT are great shots or even that good. Well at least not around here.

I read that a new law went into effect in Virginia today that is retroactive so permit holders are no longer a matter of public record and the public records have been cleansed or are in the process of being cleansed in response to newspapers targeting CWP holders. Now with these kinds of things happening and all the nullification efforts afoot, one would think that the liberal autocrats would rethink their position and use some common sense. I am sure they won't, but a boy can dream......

Heya Fisher :2wave: .....yep I threw up a thread on States New Laws going into effect today. Although most of ours went into effect on Jan 1st of this year.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...-around-nation-july-1-a-2.html#post1061997561

Back
Top Bottom